Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1748, Dunnstral wrote:I meant why not ask about their pt? Do you think only you have stuff in yours
Because I wanted to talk and get a reaction from MDS without their lover defending them when the whole setup relies on people manipulating/tricking people in their respective PTs? So is everyone gonna be defended by their partner without the chance to speak for themselves? (*cough* Maria's Shadow is sooooooooooo nice to me in the PT *cough*).
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1749, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1744, Gamma Emerald wrote:1) I felt it was imperative to correct that because HS seemed to rely on it a bit much
2) I'm p sure someone did that by then or some point in the game
1. I don't feel HS was relying on it "a bit much" at all? It felt like an off-handed comment by her.
2. ??? Who? And if so why don't you have a stronger scumread on them if it's one of your strong scumtells? Esp because you just pointed out to me you think Maria is town and Shadow is scum (so I'm gonna guess you have no more ~strong~ reads).

Pedit: Ugh this is what I mean they felt so detached from reality like they didn't look like you believed in them as much as them saying "hey guys look I have these ~tools~ that I am using to catch ~scum~".
Yeah I'll admit I came out with the second one too soon
I just threw it up when I felt like being a smartass
blech
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1743, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1742, Gamma Emerald wrote:First post was me correcting a generalistic philosophy
Yeah but you said "I know not all games have daychat, but specifically for this setup,
I feel that point is relevant
."
What did you mean by relevant? Do you feel someone specifically is doing what you said? If so why not point it out directly?
In post 1742, Gamma Emerald wrote:First post was me correcting a generalistic philosophy
Second post was me suggesting a scumhunting tool I figured out from my own scumplay
Again, like, what is the point? Do you feel someone has tried to discredit the conftownie yet? If not, then why did you say it when you can hold off on that thought was observe more if someone ~actually~ does do that "scumtell".

It feels like both posts read "Hey guys look I'm looking for scum in such and such ways I'm trying to figure the game out", meanwhile if you actually meant those two posts you wouldn't have made them until you feel someone has demonstrated such behavior.[/quote]
In post 1276, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 1272, Gamma Emerald wrote:One of my preferred scumhunting methods is watching people interact with confirmed town. Scum will try to discredit them any way they can.
Oh good, did someone already do that? Or are you just needlessly telling the wolves what not to do? If you're trying to play the "bad town" card, please stop.
"Man, smith hasn't done shit all game except setup talk"
"Yeah, screw that guy"
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1735, Dunnstral wrote:@mhsmith thoughts on pie?
Null. Zero thread presence in PT (not that I'm much better), a stated suspicion on me that's I guess plausible but is pretty fakable too (especially with our pair under basically zero pressure right now). 806 is a bad plan and an easy way to blow the game if you guess wrong on the town-town pair, but I don't really get meaningful pings from her ISO so far one way or the other.

Anything in particular you think is notable on her end that I should be paying more attention to?
Show
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Does anyone have meta/history with pie? Does she play similar to Equinox? Because that's how I get the feeling from her posts and I feel like just reading her how I try to read Equinox because I have an extremely hard time distinguishing scum from town from that playstyle.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1754, mhsmith0 wrote:806 is a bad plan and an easy way to blow the game if you guess wrong on the town-town pair, but I don't really get meaningful pings from her ISO so far one way or the other.
identifying one town/town pair is significantly easier than attempting to identify three separate scum. I learned this the hard way last game.

besides that it obviously is not a completely rigid plan, it's just that we should be focusing on solidifying town reads this game rather than solidifying scum reads
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

It's more the "doesn't really matter who we're lynching outside the town/town pair" bit. I don't really have a problem w prioritizing town-hunting vs scum-hunting as a solving mechanism.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

turboing, back in like an hour (or sooner if I die fast)
Show
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 1755, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Does anyone have meta/history with pie? Does she play similar to Equinox? Because that's how I get the feeling from her posts and I feel like just reading her how I try to read Equinox because I have an extremely hard time distinguishing scum from town from that playstyle.
Pie has a fairly straightforward 2013 style and is a competent scum player. I don't know equinox well enough to comment on similarities.

If I were to guess, I'd say town-pie.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Kagami »

I think we should just flip a scummo and work from there.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1760, Kagami wrote:I think we should just flip a scummo and work from there.
As in a scumread or get a scumflip?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1761, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1760, Kagami wrote:I think we should just flip a scummo and work from there.
As in a scumread or get a scumflip?
As in a big ol' scummer
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1754, mhsmith0 wrote:Anything in particular you think is notable on her end that I should be paying more attention to?
Nope. Just wondering what you thought as I hadn't figured your pair out
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I'm at page 61.

I'm currently at like 85% SS/MariaR is a town/town pairing.

MariaR is obvtown, someone already expressed why it doesn't make sense for her to attach herself to the sinking ship that was SS when she had other options/other people who had requests up that she could have taken. I will need to double check the timeframe and see if there's any possibility that she's partners with one of those people who had a floating offer at the end adn didn't want to take their offer, and didn't want to risk sickofit not asking her...but, if there were 3 or more available gentlemen at the time she took SS's offer, she's town, like 100%.

SS is a lot more complex. It comes down to the "case" against him feeling like shit(do you all seriously think scum!shadow blatantly contradicts himself? That's a dumb town mistake, not a scum one). I'll iso him after I'm done catching up though,and then I'm going ot iso pie who pinged me with her first few posts today, but I don't really know why.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1548, MiniDeathStar wrote:I think I'm caught up now. Parama is still town, Gamma isn't a townlean anymore. I am totally lost on Shadow because I believe Maria and Jester about him, but I was so sure he was scum earlier that idk what to make of him now. I don't like some of the company on that wagon.

@Parama:
Sorry about being stupid earlier. I wasn't going to let Jester get away with it for long, I just really really wanted to play with him for a while. I actually think he's town now though. He made some really good posts in our PT and supported my decision to quit the dance if I thought it was the right thing to do.

@Dunn:
Have you heard back from Kagami yet?
You don't like some of the company on the wagon but you only had one actual scumread?

Please elaborate.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1721, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1706, The_Jester wrote:@Dayne I've talked with her enough in our pt to judge her alignment. Take my word for it or don't. You're just making suboptimal lynch choice which is
sad
cause I townread you.
See the thing is, being "townie" or "town-looking" is just NOT good enough. The wincon isn't "go look townie" it's "find scum". So far:

MDS has no scumreads
You have no scumreads
Shadow has NO reads
Dunn has NO reads
Maria has NO reads
Vedith has 1 read
Parama has 1 read
Cerb has done nothing
mhsmith has done nothing (except discuss setup early on ~so~ helpful wow)
Gamma has ????????? reads
Kagami has ????????? reads

Me and inspector have discussed more reads than I feel has been discussed in 70 pages of this thread.

Imagine the deadline was only 8 days for all of Day 1 like the other games. Seriously imagine that.
What game are you reading? It isn't this one
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1721, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1706, The_Jester wrote:@Dayne I've talked with her enough in our pt to judge her alignment. Take my word for it or don't. You're just making suboptimal lynch choice which is
sad
cause I townread you.
See the thing is, being "townie" or "town-looking" is just NOT good enough. The wincon isn't "go look townie" it's "find scum". So far:

MDS has no scumreads
You have no scumreads
Shadow has NO reads
Dunn has NO reads
Maria has NO reads
Vedith has 1 read
Parama has 1 read
Cerb has done nothing
mhsmith has done nothing (except discuss setup early on ~so~ helpful wow)
Gamma has ????????? reads
Kagami has ????????? reads

Me and inspector have discussed more reads than I feel has been discussed in 70 pages of this thread.

Imagine the deadline was only 8 days for all of Day 1 like the other games. Seriously imagine that.
You should be Lynched for lying.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1711, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1709, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1708, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yo
Do we still need death if both Shadow and HS flip scum?
I have not thought about that at all. if you want me to comment on this, you'll need to walk me through what your argument here is.

ftr, I have HS as town.
First is the fact I SR Shadow because his method of play doesn't feel like he is town, especially his aversion to giving solid reads. I see some, but it's scattered and hard to analyze.
Then there's the fact Maria states Shadow has been really nice and apologetic in the PT. Scum don't need to do this with scumbuddies so I think Maria is town
Then there's HS's "if Maria flips town GE/Vedith should go". She only mentions Maria's alignment there, and it makes me think she's setting my pair up to take the fall after a Shadow + Maria flip
So if both Shadow and HS flip scum, there should be no doubt my pair is town based on how they set us up.
All your reasons to town read Maria are bullshit. Esp this one where aren'r even considering that both Maria and I are scum. So Maria can say whatever the heck she wants in the thread about what's happening in the PT.

If you town read Maria so much you'd be trying to convince your partner Vedith that she is town. Which you haven't done at all.

Gamma needs rope.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1768, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 1711, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1709, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1708, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yo
Do we still need death if both Shadow and HS flip scum?
I have not thought about that at all. if you want me to comment on this, you'll need to walk me through what your argument here is.

ftr, I have HS as town.
First is the fact I SR Shadow because his method of play doesn't feel like he is town, especially his aversion to giving solid reads. I see some, but it's scattered and hard to analyze.
Then there's the fact Maria states Shadow has been really nice and apologetic in the PT. Scum don't need to do this with scumbuddies so I think Maria is town
Then there's HS's "if Maria flips town GE/Vedith should go". She only mentions Maria's alignment there, and it makes me think she's setting my pair up to take the fall after a Shadow + Maria flip
So if both Shadow and HS flip scum, there should be no doubt my pair is town based on how they set us up.
All your reasons to town read Maria are bullshit. Esp this one where aren'r even considering that both Maria and I are scum. So Maria can say whatever the heck she wants in the thread about what's happening in the PT.

If you town read Maria so much you'd be trying to convince your partner Vedith that she is town. Which you haven't done at all.

Gamma needs rope.
This guy can't read :lol: I said you can't be scum together because why the fuck would you buddy up to her like that if you were both scum?
And I still think you're scum Shadow, so as long as Vedith votes the way that gets you lynched I have no qualms with his actual reads.
<Embrace The Void>

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hey Shadow, and MariaR: You guys should stop defending yourselves and focus solely on scumhunting k?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like, people keep agonizing about "I want to lynch X but Y is their partner and they're so town!"
I don't give a flying fuck if it's a scumread and a nullread or a scumread and a townread, I'm here to lynch scum, sorry if casualties are necessary
<Embrace The Void>

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1771, Gamma Emerald wrote:Like, people keep agonizing about "I want to lynch X but Y is their partner and they're so town!"
I don't give a flying fuck if it's a scumread and a nullread or a scumread and a townread, I'm here to lynch scum, sorry if casualties are necessary
This game is unique in that mechanically, if we can identify a total of 3 town/town pairs, town wins 100% of the time. I feel like too many people in this game are focusing on standard scum hunting play rather than identifying and organizing a town bloc...which is always helpful,but which is ESPECIALLY relevant to this setup.

Also a thought I had, that I'm sure everybody is going to reject because people don't like to do things optimally when it doesn't fit in with their standard view of things...but it's probably best for us to not lynch anyone today, let it go to deadline, have scum make their kill with the minimum ability to sculpt their endgame(because they'll have minimum information to decide their kill(granted, this is less valuable than it could be, since too many people spent too much time defending me, so now they'll probably just kill Nahdia and I at the intermission)), and then carry on with lynching as normal.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1772, Cerberus v666 wrote:but it's probably best for us to not lynch anyone today, let it go to deadline,
If it goes to deadline maf win
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Dunnstral »