Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:53 am

Post by charter »

Vote Count

Dark_Lady_Shaiann (3)
- Nudude, Disciple Slayer, Thanatos
Thanatos (2) - Gorgon, VampyreLord

Not Voting (4) - Dark_Lady_Shaiann, Infinitive, liamcool, charter

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

DS does make strong arguments against DLS, and she does not seem to have the town's best interest in mind, but your vote thanatos strikes me as scummy. I went back and reread day two, and you don't seem to find her suspicious at all, until DS made his slew of posts. You do justify it, but I think you just want a bandwagon to form on her. Before DS posts, I was fairly sure that DLS was a townie, but I find it troubling that he's managing to convince me DLS could be scum too.

Also on my reread of day two, at the beginning, you tried to distance yourself from the DT lynch. DT's lynch was due to his being a horrible doctor, not because you pointed out his scumminess. I don't see why you would try and get away from it like that if you weren't scum.

vote thanatos

Care to explain why today you're being a sheep and following DS, whereas yesterday you were the shepard?
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Being a sheep? I voted for the person I felt was scummy, after examining the info I was given.

I voted for DLS because, since I truely think DS or DLS is scum, I objectively decided that DLS was more likely to be scum than DS. When I feel I have a case on someone, I lead. When I don't, I don't. Is it scummy to not take control when you don't have a case?
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by Nudude »

I'l have more thoughts later, (I have a movie to catch) but for the moment:

Unvote

It's likely there's at least two scum, and if they haven't voted they could hammer DLS, and I'm not ready for that yet.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by charter »

It just seems like you're letting DS do the arguing and you're just attaching your name to his case. I can understand that you think DLS is scummy, but you really hadn't said much about her before you voted her. You made it seem like you were trying give strength to the case against her without any negative consequences that would come if she gets lynched and she's town. The main reason I voted for you was your drastic change in play style without much explanation of it.

I was tempted to vote for DLS too, but I remembered how I'd thought she was town until the discussion of her not scumhunting and just defending came up, which is where my confidence in her being town started to waiver. With DS latest arguments, I'm not sure as to her role now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by charter »

Nudude wrote:I'l have more thoughts later, (I have a movie to catch) but for the moment:

Unvote

It's likely there's at least two scum, and if they haven't voted they could hammer DLS, and I'm not ready for that yet.
Are you assuming there's no scum voting for her already?
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by Nudude »

charter wrote:
Nudude wrote:I'l have more thoughts later, (I have a movie to catch) but for the moment:

Unvote

It's likely there's at least two scum, and
if
they haven't voted they could hammer DLS, and I'm not ready for that yet.
Are you assuming there's no scum voting for her already?
Underlined for emphasis. It's entirely possible scum have placed a vote on DLS.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by charter »

Ah, missed that, who's voting for her? Just DS and thanatos? We need one of those handy blue votecounts at the top of the page.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Wait, I put her at L-1? I didn't notice that at all.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:44 pm

Post by charter »

Thanatos wrote:Wait, I put her at L-1? I didn't notice that at all.
I think it was L-2, not really that sure though, but I completely didn't realize it's only five votes to get lynched today until just now.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:48 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

I have updated the votecount. Sorry about the delay.

Dark_Lady_Shaiann has been prodded.
Political Correctness offends me.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:53 pm

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

Sorry, didn't realize I had been gone for so long. Being forced to change your play style can be a bit time consuming.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:17 pm

Post by Nudude »

Just for clarification, I Unvote ed, so DLS only has two votes on her.
Your absolutely right, I am crazy. I just got bored of normal, I'm harmless really =D
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:38 am

Post by Infinitive »

Okay... more musings.

First, despite DS's wall of text, he still seems radical, reactionary, and hyper-aggressive in regards to DLS. I like his analysis to a degree, but I'm not sure if I like it given, specifically, his history with DLS. Neither one of them seems townish to me, but neither one of them seems scummy enough to vote for either. Further, I could easily see their constant bickering as a smokescreen to keep the town from coming after them in a serious way.

FOS: Disciple Slayer & Dark Lady Shiann

OTOH, I am officially really suspicious of Thanatos at this point. Despite peoples' repeated observation of the fact, his playstyle radically reversed itself when we made the move to day 2. Further, he's really only responded to direct prodding from other people today, his voting aside. Simply put, this flip makes absolutely no sense to me, and makes me wonder what the heck is going on. As I've noted before, Than needed grilling for his part in the day 1 lynch, and the result of that has been him taking really no role in the investigation today.

As such,
FOS: Thanatos

Also, if you wanna see something wild, go back and read the beginning of Thanatos' day 1 posts up until I made my PBPA, then read a page or two of his posts after. He was starting up back into leading before I posted, and afterward nada.

P.S.: DS, I apologized for jumping the gun on DLS' "lying". You noticed that, but did your best to make it mean the same thing as what I was apologizing FOR, even as you did your best to make a case against DLS. C'mon, man, that sorta thing is just silly.
Ha! I'm being snarky and condescending to you on an internet forum! Take that, some guy I'll never meet!
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:05 am

Post by Thanatos »

Well, I can give four reasons as to why I've pulled back.

1. School has picked up as we go to intersession in less than a month.

2. I've been humbled by the bad DT lynch, and frankly, I'm scared of fucking up again.

3. Durring most of D1, I was in 1 game. Now I'm in 4. It's difficult to do that and lead in all of them.

4. I havn't been in such a situation where I feel I can take control. With DS controlling most of the discussion, I can only push back so much. I do what I feel is right. That's why I pressured DS, and why I'm voting DLS.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Thanatos »

However, upon thinking about it further, I've decided a PBPA would be handy in this situation, on DLS. So, in a day or two, I'll go through and look for all her posts.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:01 am

Post by Gorgon »

Well, DS has explained that he was fishing with his 'DLS lied' attacked. I'm inclined to believe him. From the context, I'm also willing to believe that Infinitive was hasty in jumping onto that without looking fully into it himself. However, I'd be jumping all over VL for this if he hadn't claimed cop ... this issue had been discussed thoroughly, so he should have known better.
liamcool wrote:While I appreciate you sacrificing yourself for me, I would have preferred you not to have done that, for the good of the town. Seriously, it wasn't really a good move, it pretty much guarantees we're both dead during tonight.
Why are you so sure you'll both get killed? VL will get killed for sure if he's the real cop ... but in order for you to get killed, there would have to be an SK, or two scum groups. I'm not sure that's the case ... there may easily just be a careless vig out there, since I don't see Insurgent as a particularily obvious target for scum.
Infinitive wrote: Maybe this is just me doing conspiracy theories again, like with DT. Still, I just don't like this claim one bit. It's a little TOO dumb, if you ask me.
I agree wholeheartedly. However, the problem is that the claim appears to be legit. It hasn't been counterclaimed, and I believe everyone has chimed in by now.

Well, at least I guess the good news is that we can eliminate VL from our list of suspects.
charter wrote:I don't really buy your theory infinitive. Nothing VL has done this game makes me believe he's capable of concocting such an elaborate plan. I think he's just inexperienced and claimed far too early.
Then again, this makes sense too ... and supports the theory that VL is town. Just goes to show that you have to be careful when trying to sort noobs from scum.
Nudude wrote:It's likely there's at least two scum, and if they haven't voted they could hammer DLS, and I'm not ready for that yet.
A quickhammer is always highly suspicious, especially if it involves more than more than one people. It's therefore usually quite safe to leave people at L-2, as if two people were to suddenly vote at once, they would pretty much condemn themselves.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:40 am

Post by charter »

Thanatos wrote:However, upon thinking about it further, I've decided a PBPA would be handy in this situation, on DLS. So, in a day or two, I'll go through and look for all her posts.
Depending on what you have in here, and how closely it resembles what I would have done, it will probably be enough to change my vote from you to her. She is now hardcore lurking, and her refusal to do scumhunting is making her seem more like scum than you. It's like she has no interest in finding scum, whereas you are somewhat trying.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Nudude »

Ok, no-ones posted for a few days. I have some thoughts, but first I want to make sure everyone is has read and is up to date with the thread. Can everyone just post a "Yep I'm here?" or something to that effect?
Your absolutely right, I am crazy. I just got bored of normal, I'm harmless really =D
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Thanatos »

Argh. School is kinda crazy. I should get it up tonight.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:49 am

Post by Infinitive »

I'm here. Nothing to say at the moment; I've been waiting for the PBPAs that a couple of you have promised before I act, because my previous instincts seem to have been rather poor.

And counterclaim or not, I'm still not happy with the VL copclaim. Sorry.
Ha! I'm being snarky and condescending to you on an internet forum! Take that, some guy I'll never meet!
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Disciple Slayer »

Yep, I'm here.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:26 pm

Post by charter »

Infinitive wrote:And counterclaim or not, I'm still not happy with the VL copclaim. Sorry.
By not happy do you mean you're not satisfied he's the cop? If so please tell me why. Or do you mean you're not satisfied that he claimed when he did?
VampyreLord
VampyreLord
Townie
VampyreLord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:44 pm

Post by VampyreLord »

Still here.... Dangit, now I feel real bad about role-claiming and wish I hadn't....
charter wrote:
Infinitive wrote:And counterclaim or not, I'm still not happy with the VL copclaim. Sorry.
By not happy do you mean you're not satisfied he's the cop? If so please tell me why. Or do you mean you're not satisfied that he claimed when he did?
I'd say he means he isn't happy about my time of claiming etc
. :oops: :cry:
Ok, so what's the speed of dark?

Extreme problem posting on each second week, figure out when that is for yourself.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:04 pm

Post by liamcool »

Gorgon wrote:Why are you so sure you'll both get killed? VL will get killed for sure if he's the real cop ... but in order for you to get killed, there would have to be an SK, or two scum groups. I'm not sure that's the case ... there may easily just be a careless vig out there, since I don't see Insurgent as a particularily obvious target for scum.
Ah, alright, I apologise, I was making the assumption that there's two scum groups.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:40 am

Post by Infinitive »

Like I said before, Charter, it just seems too dumb of a move to me. This is only my second game, and I'd like to think that even I'd have more sense than that. Oh well.

And VL, I really wish you'd waited till you found a scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”