mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:59 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1297, MiniDeathStar wrote:Oh I just figured out WK means whiteknighting. Lmao I'm slow.

MhSmith, you gave me your walls of text explaining why townies make careless mistakes a lot more than wolves, and why digging into those instead of analysing votes, stances and reads is something a wolf would attempt. So I thought you were bullshitting us. My scumread on you has nothing to do with my read on inspector or Arthur.
Yes, townies make careless mistakes more than wolves. But IS is representing this as an intentional process, not a careless mistake. So that's not really a relevant defense. Is it possible that he's a townie who actually believes waht he's saying, or that he's a townie simply too proud to admit a fuckup? Sure. But it's also entirely possible that he's a wolf that is struggling to defend what he's done.

What's your scumread on me based on again?
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:02 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

As an example of what I mean by mistakes, see

http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... post722301
Sociopath;722301 wrote:I'm back on but won't be very active until up to 3 hours before EoD because I'm going to an early fireworks event for Bonfire Night.
http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... post722309
lulz wrote:
Sociopath wrote:I'm showcasing my lynchbait status the way a peacock showcases their feathers. I make awful posts day after day, daring you to lynch me.
I fixed your typos.
http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... post722312
lulz wrote:Scum is not as demonstratably awful as sociopath.
(they were both town in that game)

That's different than seemingly imitating a town process of scum-hunting, while carelessly scum-hunting the IC. It's more of a seeming imitation of scum-hunting than it is simply a terrible post.
Show
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1299, Human Sequencer wrote:I don't trust you as much because my Pie townread is stronger than my Dunn townread,
Just confirms what I realized last game, you're more apt to townread someone who does nothing than someone who posts a ton :roll:
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:03 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 1296, mhsmith0 wrote:Identifying connections between players is sometimes interesting, including to see how people react to it. You seem to think that this is unreasonable. Is it because

1) You think that the idea of a SAD-MDS team makes no sense?
or
2) Because "it's just too early" to look at how people might be connected together?
or
3) Something else?

Because the MDS WK of you at that spot was itself pretty interesting and IMO worth commenting on. Do you disagree?
Now we are talking.

Yes, I think that team doesn't make sense as arthur is discussing reads with me in our PT and he kind of agrees with my scumread on her.

Yes, I also think you can look for associative tells as much as you want, but the moment one of these flips town (and i think arthur is) you did nothing really. Why look for scum pairing before you know they are scum? I think there was some tell i saw earlier and mentioned when it was asked, but's in vain if one of them flips town, and then I've been looking busy instead of being busy.

I do agree that the WK was odd, especially since I've been voicing my scumread on her for a while now.
But I know,
At the end...
Remind me of the fool I really am.

Am Zaphkael now.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1299, Human Sequencer wrote:Like I said, feel free to go right ahead and convince me on Jester/mini.
Are you sure you don't want your supreme townread to explain that one
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Dunnstral »

HS what do you think of post
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

But your posts are mostly contentless, and you admitted to that.
Activity on its own is a horrible tell. I'm townreading Pie based on the decisions she's made and what she's posted, not the fact that she's posted fuck all.

This is circular. I would like Pie to explain it, but if you want to and your logic is sound, sure I'll consider jumping over (ok probs not shadow is a black hole of scumminess)
>why don't you want me to explain the wagon
>i do, go ahead
>no, go ask pie
???
nah
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:08 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

@MhSmith:
I just thought it was suspicious that you latched onto that when so much stuff has happened that you could have analysed instead. I saw it and I thought he was derping. I was wondering why you didn't give him the benefit of the doubt and instead looked for something more substantial to bring up. It looked opportunistic to me.

Besides, I'm confident in your ability to easily make out pretty much anything to be a scumslip so I'm not going to trust you on that particular thing. Sorry. When you get to casing people based on readonomics and wagonomics, then we can talk.

@inspector:
I was a scumread? I had no idea. Could you point out where?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:09 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1303, inspectorscout wrote:Now we are talking.

Yes, I think that team doesn't make sense as arthur is discussing reads with me in our PT and he kind of agrees with my scumread on her.

Yes, I also think you can look for associative tells as much as you want, but the moment one of these flips town (and i think arthur is) you did nothing really. Why look for scum pairing before you know they are scum? I think there was some tell i saw earlier and mentioned when it was asked, but's in vain if one of them flips town, and then I've been looking busy instead of being busy.

I do agree that the WK was odd, especially since I've been voicing my scumread on her for a while now.
1) In the event that you're both town, sure. Not sure I'm there yet on either of you.

2) Mainly I look for things that ping me however, and in this case "MDS is WK'ing her teammate's dance partner" was what jumped out at me as a plausible explanation there. It could also be a lazy defense of a town-town pair, I suppose, but intuitively it seemed like a connectino between MDS and one of you two.

3) OK
Show
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:11 am

@dunn on 888
well this is what i had to say about it in our PT
'mini: 'But he's *not* going to be scum for """lurking""" or """scum pair with IC""".'
funny how she puts quotation marks around (lurking) even though that's not a fucking quote because it's not what i fucking said lmao'

apart from that, looks anti-town af but not particularly scummy tbh, her reasoning on shadow is weak but not scummy.
nah
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:11 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1307, MiniDeathStar wrote:@MhSmith: I just thought it was suspicious that you latched onto that when so much stuff has happened that you could have analysed instead. I saw it and I thought he was derping. I was wondering why you didn't give him the benefit of the doubt and instead looked for something more substantial to bring up. It looked opportunistic to me.

Besides, I'm confident in your ability to easily make out pretty much anything to be a scumslip so I'm not going to trust you on that particular thing. Sorry. When you get to casing people based on readonomics and wagonomics, then we can talk.
I basically latched onto it because I was here and it happened. Like I said, will be re-reading other stuff later. Derp is possible too, but that's not what immediately came to mind, especially when he admitted that he knew full well Nahdia was the IC. It looked like the imitation of a town process, by asking a question that looks useful at a cursory glance but that is actually just busywork.

I also don't really buy much into "scumslips" for the most part. My scum-hunting tends to be more behavioral, as well as data-driven stuff like wagonomics (though obviously you can't get much there before flips).
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:12 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

I should probably look into the Dunn/HS back and forth too, but that'll be later since I actually do have to go back to work. Later all.
Show
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:12 am

I understand Sir Arthur thought it was the scummiest post since the invention of the wheel but I don't get why, I wouldn't mind an explanation at all though
nah
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:12 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 1300, mhsmith0 wrote:Yes, townies make careless mistakes more than wolves. But IS is representing this as an intentional process, not a careless mistake. So that's not really a relevant defense. Is it possible that he's a townie who actually believes waht he's saying, or that he's a townie simply too proud to admit a fuckup? Sure. But it's also entirely possible that he's a wolf that is struggling to defend what he's done.
If I wanted to I could've said 'oh right nahdiua is IC lulz *awkward*' which is not only way easier but also way lazier. It's not true, I'm well aware that she is. I fucked up, yes, but because i forgot pie was your partner, NOT because i forgot about nahdia being IC. I voiced my opinion on why I did it, and I'm still waiting for an answer on it. We can keep discussing this and I don't mind doing so, but what do you think you will get out of me other than what I have been repeating so far?
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Hey now... you're ignoring or m issed that I also strongly scumread that post
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:13 am

More like just not mentioning it, I had it in my mind at the time but didn't put it in the post.
nah
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 919, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 888, MiniDeathStar wrote:Morning loves. That took literally an hour to read in one go so sorry if my memory of what I read isn't crystal clear.

First, I feel like I have to clear up the air wrt/ Jester. I actually agreed with his logic on the IC, I just didn't think Cerb was scum for it because he proposed super early. But basically I think town should shy away from the IC so that scum would be forced to pair with them and not expel them over the intermission. As for my defending him, I'll give you 3 reasons:
1) I literally joined this game just for him. Of course I'm not going to allow a quicklynch.
2) He's been lynched before over bs reasons and his reads were actually pretty accurate, but town wrote him off and lost.
3) I know his style, and if he's scum I'll figure it out eventually. But he's *not* going to be scum for """lurking""" or """scum pair with IC""".

Okay *takes a deep breath*.

I still think Shadow is scum. For me it was less the scumslip and more the ad hominem ("go back to newbie games") + however you call it when you reach for the easiest way to make someone look scummy and they can't disprove/defend themselves from it (e.g. "look how she went quiet, obviously ran out of mislynches to set up").

I'm unsure about Gamma. I've played like 3 games with em and e was scum in 2 of them, but e reads different *every time*. Anyway, I caught em pretty quickly the first time so I can put em on hold for now.

I don't know who else I thought was scummy... vague suspicion on whoever defended Shadow?
In post 882, MariaR wrote:
In post 836, Gamma Emerald wrote:To adapt from something rb once said:
MariaR's entire scumgame is just to act cutesy so that all the men in the game don't wanna lynch her becoz it hurts their chances of having teh sexes chat with her, ergo she's scum now because AAAAHH EMOTION-NAL P-POSTING PLZ D-DONT HURT MEEE
Also that quick pairing with probscum Shadow isn't good
I've never been this close to emotionaly subbing out in a game before ty
Open 657 - Making Friends and Enemies? ;) (you know, the game where we both actually *did* emotionally sub out)

I agree with you though, that was pretty dickish of Gamma and also I think you're town. GAMMA I THOUGHT YOU WERE AN SJW LIKE ME, WHAT'S UP WITH THIS.
In post 890, MiniDeathStar wrote:Oh I forgot to vote. VOTE: Shadow. Sorry your gentleman is scum Maria. :(
Post 888 I strongly gut scumread

Might be the overexplanation/defensiveness of trying to defend Jester and making it clear she isn't going to determine his alignment

I don't like her push on shadow. I know that sounds weird because a lot of people are but I don't like
her
push on shadow
It's just a scummy looking post.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1311, mhsmith0 wrote:I should probably look into the Dunn/HS back and forth too
uhh what
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

@Human Sequencer:
I thought you were accusing him of avoiding you? That's what I meant by lurking.

Idk what was so anti-town about that post. People were concerned I defended Jester so early on and I explained why I was defending him. Why is that anti-town? I mean, he could well be scum. *I* thought he was scum and said it in our dance PT and told him I didn't care atm. I just wanted to bloody play with my friend for a while before voting him off based on a hunch. Like why is that so hard for everyone to comprehend?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:18 am

It's not scummy at all though, it's just retarded and anti-town...?
nah
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Dunnstral »

How can you tell the difference between scummy and anti-town
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 am

skill :^)
nah
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Wow, I am so sorry for not being super super serious about the game on the literal first day.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:23 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 924, MiniDeathStar wrote:Could you walk me through scum!Gamma? I think he's less fond of useless/fluff posts when he's scum.
In post 942, MiniDeathStar wrote:
In post 928, inspectorscout wrote:So gamma desperately proposes as one of the last 3 single men
To a scumread

And when he can leave he causally forgets his scumread on gis partner

???

Walk me through town gamma
1) Doesn't go for low-hanging fruit like scum!Gamma does.
2) Looks goofy and comfortable like town!Gamma and unlike scum!Gamma.
3) Habitually scummy which IIRC is typical of him.
4) Why would town gents be OK with being left behind? Why would town gents refuse to pair with scum ladies? I don't get that part.
5) Did he forget the scumread? I must have missed that. I think he just said "I don't tr Vedith"

Dunnstral wrote:
In post 922, MiniDeathStar wrote:So like Dunn, please kindly gtfo with that and find a better hook.
Hook?
As in something you latch onto when you build a case. Because me defending myself and others is not it. And atm I'm not sure how I'm reading you so I don't know if I want to dissect your jabs at me or just write you off. I think I'll go with option 2 for now.
In post 1010, inspectorscout wrote:Im sorry but 'youre not able to read me' is your problem, not mine

Oh. Apparently I did not say it explicitly here. I did in the PT and probably messed up there, but I am voting you. I disliked your awkward defense of gamma, you saying that some people cant read you and generally tone. I also think you did rather opportunistic stuff previously but i cba to look for it again so it doesnt really count, i gurss.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas