Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1163, Shadow_step wrote:

is a holy fucking misrep. I was scum reading Cerb because he wanted to pair with the IC, how the hell can you say that I already scum read him? BS
also please explain how scum! Me gains any town points by poking Cerb?
Kagami answer this and stop misrepping me. I said he had a point. I didn't agree with the whole bloody thing.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:38 am

Post by Kagami »

Which part did you agree with?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1136, Vedith wrote:
In post 1131, Kagami wrote:Alright, I'm ok with vedith-town.
Oh my gosh I think I found UnfoundedRevenge
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1158, Human Sequencer wrote:Shadow step, you know first hand what kind of damage that attitude can have to town.
SAD has a very valid point. Conciseness is a virtue, and a bogged thread with pages and pages of useless posts is a massive demotivating factor to any budding townie looking for scum.
Scum don't need to read the thread, they already know everybody's alignment.

@jester
I'm not angry at you, you're angry at me.
Terrible post.
What others consider useless post is what I work with. Just because he doesn't want to read the game doesn't mean that everyone should limit their posting. Scum will hide in a lot of posting as much as hiding in a quiet town. The only difference with what SAD wants is that less information comes out of it.
I claim scum \o/
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Kagami »

What's your experience with shadow, vedith?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Shadow_step »

The setup spec bit. Cause I was thinking along the same lines.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:41 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1061, Shadow_step wrote:I was reading the last summer waltz to see what scum did there and found this.

Subject: Summer Waltz - [Game Over]
Nahdia wrote:I already have two scumreads.
Subject: Summer Waltz - [Game Over]
Nahdia wrote:Map Wolf and cy.
Nahdia can you do this again please?(Nailed two scum in pre dance)
Ok are you ready for this? Are you guys ready? Wait for it, wait for it...

mhsmith0 & inspectorscout
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1135, Shadow_step wrote:And what's your water tight case on me again Gamma?

Only thing in your iso is
In post 245, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 241, Parama wrote:is nobody else going to acknowledge the actual, honest-to-god scumslip from shadow

i haven't seen a slip that clean-cut in ages
I saw it
He doesn't make it past pre-dance, anyone who accepts his invitation is scum with him.
Which is equivalent to this fake over reaction.
In post 850, Gamma Emerald wrote:OH MY GOSH PARAMA I JUST REMEMBERED THAT STRAT
ALSO THANKS TO RANMARU FOR TELLING ME ABOUT HOW IT WORKS
The deal is that Shadow just decided to go "oh yeah X is scummy!" after someone else made the same accusation. Ranmaru taught me that's a decent scumtell.
My main thing I'm sring Shadow for is the fact he jumped on Cerb saying "Cerb is scummy for what Jester said!" and then went "How will it feel to be eliminated in the intermission, Cerb" which contradicts his earlier statement on Cerb's alignment.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:43 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1097, Nahdia wrote:i want every1's reads on Parame and HS.
HS is town, I actually have a slight scum read on Parama and would like if people could reiterate why they think they're town.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1152, Kagami wrote:Maybe just lynching shadow is correct, regardless.

Parama is not wrong that it's very strange to say "Why are you doing something that will just get you NKed?" to someone you're scumreading.

The town-shadow explanation there is that he finds Cerb's behavior odd and was poking at oddities without really thinking through the implications of them, which weighs against the probability that scum-shadow was poking at him in an effort to appear townish and did so in a very clumsy way. I don't think it's quite the smoking gun Parama is making it out to be, but meh.

I still don't like jester's early play and I don't have any terribly fuzzy feeling about MDS either. I think scum-MDS would probably have held out for just a bit, but if there was already a pre-established pairing plan, that may have itself looked suspicious. Jester's "In fact I know you do, therefore my question should be: are you brave enough?" bit makes a show of saying "I'm totes going to be sorting you (because I am town)," which is counterproductive to any real attempt to establish a read. I'm treating 17 as a joke, but I find it strange that no one jumped on that. It's exactly the sort of low-hanging-fruit comment that usually attracts a scumread nibble. I'm also concerned that pretty much everyone had jester/mds as some level of scumread, but they didn't get any real attention at dance-start.

tl;dr: down for lynching either of those pairs, somewhat prefer jester. Ended up with much more text than I'd like.
Yeah, I can understand where a town might say something like that, but the inconsistency combined with the copycatting is what makes me think it's scum formed logic.
<Embrace The Void>

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:46 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1182, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1135, Shadow_step wrote:And what's your water tight case on me again Gamma?

Only thing in your iso is
In post 245, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 241, Parama wrote:is nobody else going to acknowledge the actual, honest-to-god scumslip from shadow

i haven't seen a slip that clean-cut in ages
I saw it
He doesn't make it past pre-dance, anyone who accepts his invitation is scum with him.
Which is equivalent to this fake over reaction.
In post 850, Gamma Emerald wrote:OH MY GOSH PARAMA I JUST REMEMBERED THAT STRAT
ALSO THANKS TO RANMARU FOR TELLING ME ABOUT HOW IT WORKS
The deal is that Shadow just decided to go "oh yeah X is scummy!" after someone else made the same accusation. Ranmaru taught me that's a decent scumtell.
My main thing I'm sring Shadow for is the fact he jumped on Cerb saying "Cerb is scummy for what Jester said!" and then went "How will it feel to be eliminated in the intermission, Cerb" which contradicts his earlier statement on Cerb's alignment.
????
I asked him why would he as town want to get eliminated.
I never said Cerb is scummy for what Jester said.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Someone please give more solid reasons to Gamma to SR me. He's struggling.
Show

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1179, Kagami wrote:What's your experience with shadow, vedith?
A few games where we have been mixed aligns and same.
He's modded me a couple of times and he generally doesn't like me or my play style. He thinks I'm a shit player :<
I claim scum \o/
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1158, Human Sequencer wrote:Scum don't need to read the thread, they already know everybody's alignment.
Now that I'm looking at this point from a town perspective, I think I can articulate better what is wrong with it.
Scum may know everyone's alignment, but they need to know what the popular opinion is and what not, so they still need to read. What you can do is see who says "I don't wanna read" and yet demonstrates an understanding of in-game events. This likely means they are getting told what is going on in daychat.
I know not all games have daychat, but specifically for this setup, I feel that point is relevant.
<Embrace The Void>

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Lol Vedith. I think Trans is better player than you :P
You know I always find scum when I'm town and you should sheep me always.
Show

Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

In post 1178, Vedith wrote:
In post 1158, Human Sequencer wrote:Shadow step, you know first hand what kind of damage that attitude can have to town.
SAD has a very valid point. Conciseness is a virtue, and a bogged thread with pages and pages of useless posts is a massive demotivating factor to any budding townie looking for scum.
Scum don't need to read the thread, they already know everybody's alignment.

@jester
I'm not angry at you, you're angry at me.
Terrible post.
What others consider useless post is what I work with. Just because he doesn't want to read the game doesn't mean that everyone should limit their posting. Scum will hide in a lot of posting as much as hiding in a quiet town. The only difference with what SAD wants is that less information comes out of it.
There's a balance between raving lunatics and a group of lurkers.
'More information' is great, people literally replacing out because we posted 40 pages in 24 hours is not.

@pieguyn
I see a lot of consistent scumhunting, consistent townhunting and a desire to stay alive through intermission as towny.
I find it incredibly unlikely scum would push the 'shadow scumslip' as hard and for as long as she did.
nah
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1189, Shadow_step wrote:Lol Vedith. I think Trans is better player than you :P
Given you have creditable reads as town, I thinkyou can be followed when proven, unless it's on Gamma I'm really not against there.
Also I am Trans look at my avi
I claim scum \o/
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 146, The_Jester wrote:
In post 74, Cerberus v666 wrote:... Speaking of which...2 mafia gentlemen, one lady? Vice versa? Anyone have any thoughts on what's more likely?
Found the first scum. First, town have no bussiness pairing with IC cause that doesn't amount to them solving the game in any way. That overblown explanation in #98 looks like nervous scum. Second, that 'innocent' setup spec question looks like taken straight outta scumbook. ...
In post 165, Shadow_step wrote:Jester has a point about Cerb.
In post 212, Shadow_step wrote:And why do you wanna pair up with nahdia and get killed during intermission?
So what happened here is that you agreed with only the setup spec thing, but not strongly enough to call it a scumread, and then asked cerb about the IC thing.

Was your 212 prompted by Jester's statement about it?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1189, Shadow_step wrote:Lol Vedith. I think Trans is better player than you :P
Okay then, who's scum?
<Embrace The Void>

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:55 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1152, Kagami wrote:The town-shadow explanation there is that he finds Cerb's behavior odd and was poking at oddities without really thinking through the implications of them, which weighs against the probability that scum-shadow was poking at him in an effort to appear townish and did so in a very clumsy way. I don't think it's quite the smoking gun Parama is making it out to be, but meh.
OK I think I must be missing something because I still am not sure what exactly he missed in . I think 212 was intentionally worded in a way that assumed Cv666 was town, and the point was to say something along the lines of "if you're town this doesn't make sense". what am I missing here?

I also was gonna ask you about the Vedith scum read but it seems you've came around on it.

vote: The_Jester/MDS
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:58 am

Pieguyn, sell me on that wagon.
My scumread of jester is weakening and I have nothing on mds.
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:59 am

Also I think shadow is better because it gives town a whole bunch of info post-flip.
nah
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 1196, Human Sequencer wrote:Also I think shadow is better because it gives town a whole bunch of info post-flip.
I'm not sure it does, actually. Especially if he's town.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:01 am

Post by pieguyn »

HS I see your posts and I'll respond when I'm back home, I'm out the door in a few mins.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Vedith »

I'm not lynching Jester, he's town and Mini is nullish.
I claim scum \o/

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”