PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:38 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I said status update

not 2 word post that means nothing
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:23 am

Post by ibaesha »

I've been ill and busy over the last couple weeks. I'm catching up now.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:33 am

Post by Skruffs »

Pookie, did you just breadcrumb not being human?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:13 pm

Post by Iammars »

Elmo wrote:Hm. Dinnae like the Sarc vote at all, but rereading, I see what Skruffs means about Iammars.
Iammars wrote:...and I think that most of the town would too.
Have I previously mentioned that I have a deep-seated hatred of any sentence with this ending? My Skruffs vote is boring me and I can't be bothered to trawl back to find out why it's there. :)

Illogical
unvote
:
Skruffs
and
vote
:
Iammars
ftw.
Missed this.

Obviously this kind of logical argument can be misused by scum with good effect, so it's good to question if it's being used correctly or not. Game theory says that we get a better result if we leave him alone for a little while because we can get results is he dies and he is a cop, where if he is scum our result doesn't change no matter when we lynch him.

You may have a deep hatred of any sentence with that ending, but it is a logical argument, and it can be used correctly. You may hate it, but occasionally, you need to accept it.

(P.S. If you don't get the explanation up above, I can do out the table for you in thread. I just didn't want to clutter the thread with a table when a paragraph would do.)
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:49 am

Post by ibaesha »

CKD wrote:Jumping on a bandwagon is not just about votes…the pattern is this, once anyone comes under the limelight (with FoSes or questions) slightly, Ibby is one of first votes there with little reason. She did it with Jordan (hung a townie), when Glork first came under attack she voted without a reason, when blight started to get heat (people FoSing him calling him scummy) she voted for him, when Ceph came under attack (boom another vote from ibby)..then when Sarc started riding my ass, she voted me…after I had to claim, she went back to Ceph..now, Glork is under the light, her vote is back there. Every sizeable wagon we have had (except Sarc’s) she has been on.
Let's see.
My Jordan vote: Start of day 1 bandwagon in a large theme with any reason is good enough to vote. I may have even jumped on had there not been a reason. That's generally how day 1s start in large themes. However, I did feel there was a compelling enough reason to vote Jordan besides. I explained myself, in fact, I did so far better than the other 12 voters that were on the wagon with the exception of maybe PJ. Interesting how you are coloring it as if I hung a townie on my own.

You missed my Flameaxe vote, you know, the one you questioned me about at the start of the day? Flameaxe was under absolutely no scrutiny whatsoever, my vote was the first on him.

My Glork vote: When Flameaxe claimed in response to my vote, I didn't see a reason to continue voting him at that point. So, I changed my vote. Since other than the wagonners on Jordan there wasn't much to go on, I went with a gut feeling about Glork and voted him. I've played plenty of games with Glork and my gut usually is the best I have to go on. I have been wrong about him in the past, but when I look back on it, I'm only wrong about him when he's scum and I think he's town. Generally if I get a gut feeling Glork is scum, he is, and I allow myself to be swayed to other thinking because either A) He somehow convinces me he's not scum or B) I don't have anything concrete to make a case from. At any rate, a gut feeling about Glork was reason enough for me to vote for him at that point. He had 2 votes at the time (which I didn't really pay attention to) and I don't consider that a lot of pressure at all. Nor was he under any type of deep scrutiny.

My Blight vote: I returned after being away for a while and caught up on the pages that I missed. Blight stuck out for me because of the way he reacted to Theo - who I felt had decent reasoning for his Cephrir vote. I thought that the 'opportunistic' accusation was off and that it was odd that Blight picked Theo to vote for rather than the bandwagonners who followed him without reason. Sure, some people had questioned him and expressed issue, but does that mean that I should ignore what I see when I read the thread? No one had voted for him. I did. I put my vote where my mouth is. I don't just talk and persue without being willing to go on record with a vote.

My Cephrir vote: You've blatantly misrepresented what I did there. Cephrir was under attack and had a serious wagon on him when I voted Blight. That wagon seemed to fizzle off and with it so had Cephrir's activity. As soon as he wasn't in the spotlight, he went under the radar. After the Sarc and Blight argument, I didn't like my Blight vote, and believed that it was possible that my issue with him was more of a difference in thought/play (Re: Theo) than him being scum. Therefore, I wasn't sure of my Blight vote anymore, and moved to Cephrir who was and is suspicious.

My vote on you: Did you fail to read the post where I addressed your questions towards me? This was long before Sarc started 'riding your ass'. I mentioned suspicion of you then and at that point was the very -first- person to put you under any type of scrutiny. Whether or not you like my reasons doesn't matter. Attempting to paint me as piggybacking off of Sarc's 'riding your ass' is another misrepresentation of what I did.

Here's the quote for you:
Ibby in 371 wrote:Other than your vote for K-scope, I haven't really seen anything that resembles making a committment to a suspicion whatsoever and even then you unvoted k-scope ... but I don't even know why. I also kind of get the vibe from you that you're 'acting' inquisitive, curious, and newbie-ish but that you're really a lost smarter than you're letting on. It's not enough to vote you, but IGMEOY.
That never changed. I kept my eye on you while pressuring/voting other people because I was unsure about you. When you continued with the same question-only behavior and seemed to be lacking any of the analyzation I know you're capable of (Yes, I've read your play in other games so I know you are) I decided it was time to follow up with my suspicion of you. Again, this is a 1st vote on someone, and I don't give a damn if anyone else was riding your ass or expressing suspicion. I put my vote where my mouth is.

Back to Cephrir: Basically you claimed cop. I don't lynch claimed cops on day 2 and your OMGUS with me seemed very much like pissed off town than scum so I bought your claim. Therefore, I went back to my previous vote (even though I think Cephrir might just be bad town - which I'll get to later) because I don't unvote someone without voting someone else -ever- unless it's some type of endgame situation. I wanted to go back and look more heavily at Glork and Sarc because I'm suspicious of both, but didn't have the time right then. Cephrir's wagon wasn't going anywhere, I had already voted him before, so revoting him has absolutely nothing to do with him being pressured and me jumping on. You trying to say that it is anything of the sort is just flat out silly.

Revoting Glork: Mix a little OMGUS with the fact that my gut says he's scum (and I've already explained how I feel about the gut thing) and that Glork's play has bothered me. The Jdodge questioning, the Sarc SK theory. Glork had one vote on him by Kscope - someone who's voting/opinion means pretty much nothing to me. The fact that I agree with him - even though I don't know his reasoning beyond 'gut' is actually kind of annoying. So trying to represent this as me jumping on someone who is under scrutiny/pressure is, again, just silly.

Anyways, besides only voting for people who haven't been voted and no one has noticed (a lurker perhaps?) I'm not sure what you expect from me. There is no possible way for me to play mafia and vote that way. In fact, if I did, that'd be pretty damn strange don't you think? We're here to lynch people and find scum and we can't do that without wagons. I'm sure as hell not on the back end of wagons, and I'll take responsibility for pressuring people and voting them and even perpetuating wagons that go forward but that's how I hunt scum. If you think I'm scum for it, then so be it, you're wrong, and I think you're being awfully tunnel-visioned and rivaling me for OMGUSness. If you put as much effort into hunting scum and analyzing people before I voted you as you have at analyzing me afterwards, perhaps I wouldn't have voted you in the first place. Just sayin'.

I'll get to a response to Glork in my next post, although it may not be until tomorrow. Chew on this one for now.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Thought I would post so it is evident I'm still alive. I haven't read this game in forever, and I don't expect it to change anytime soon. Been brain-dead after having taken the LSAT all day, and I have more papers than I care to contemplate over the next two weeks.

I'll send a PM to Fritz so he can replace me if he wishes, but I should hopefully be back in the swing of this game in a couple weeks.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by Iammars »

PJ, in a couple of weeks, this game will have amassed about 4 posts.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Fritzler »

deadline in a week

you guys disgust me
Surfs up dude.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:39 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Thank you.

And they disgust me, too.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by Glork »

Ibby wrote:I have been wrong about him in the past, but when I look back on it, I'm only wrong about him when he's scum and I think he's town.
Sesame Street Mafia.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: For reference, that was a game in which Ibby (who wasn't even in it, just following it along objectively) was completely convinced that I was scum. I was the Doctor. :P
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I had forgotten about that. But alas, I wasn't in that game. Also, you were attempting to kill town tells on you in that game. ;)
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by Glork »

I've been attempting to kill town tells on me my entire mafia career.

That's like saying "Sarcastro is being an obnoxious ass in this game." Nobody cares if it's universal.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:20 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Sarcastro wrote:Thank you.

And they disgust me, too.
We're putting you out of your misery. In a week.
Permanent V/LA.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:54 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:We're putting you out of your misery. In a week.
Is that a confession?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:58 pm

Yes, yes it is. I confess, father, that I have plans to urge certain people in this village to extinguish the spark of life from dear Sarcastro, so that he may never see the light of day. I will not stop until he swings from the beautiful sakura tree in the town square. Please forgive me.
Permanent V/LA.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:11 am

Post by Sarcastro »

You'll have an easier time of it if you just nightkill me, MoS.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:31 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

DAYKILL: RANDOM BYSTANDER
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 am

Post by Iammars »

We don't have a votecount right now, so I'll just
Unvote, Vote: Sarcastro
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:03 am

Sarcastro wrote:You'll have an easier time of it if you just nightkill me, MoS.
Oh god how I wish I could...
Permanent V/LA.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:36 am

Post by Elmo »

Making vote count. Iammars's vote count in 1047 appears incorrect, in that petroleumjelly was voting Skruffs from 732, CrashTextDummie was voting Blight/Iammars from 664, rougeben unvoted in 984, and IH was voting Skruffs from 708.

Code: Select all

Cephrir [4] <- Flameaxe, UltimaAvalon, Sarcastro, Yagami
  Sarcastro [4] <- Iammars, Cephrir, Glork, Mastermind of Sin
    Iammars [3] <- CrashTextDummie, Skruffs, Elmo
      Glork [2] <- KaleiÐoscøpe, ibaesha
    Skruffs [2] <- IH, petroleumjelly
curiouskarmadog <- Pookie
         Yagami <- JDodge
        ibaesha <- curiouskarmadog

Not voting: Thin_man, Xyzzy, RogueBen. 21 alive, 11 to lynch.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Iammars »

Eh, I was close enough.

And also, you don't have my vote on there. I'm pushing Sarc to 5.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by Glork »

Code: Select all

Sarcastro [4] <- Iammars, Cephrir, Glork, Mastermind of Sin 
....eh?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:26 pm

Post by Elmo »

If it wasn't clear, Iammars replaced Blight, who was voting for Sarc since 394. Iammars has revoted Sarc twice without voting anyone else in-between, so I didn't move it. Sorry for any confusion.

Obviously point out any problems you see. :)
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”