Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7000 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 6999, BigYoshiFan wrote:Everything past your response to me makes absolutely no sense to me.
@Gio
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7001 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

In post 7000, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 6999, BigYoshiFan wrote:Everything past your response to me makes absolutely no sense to me.
@Gio
Care to elaborate then?

Why do my opinion on Mathblade makes sense to you?

Why do you disagree with the rest?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7002 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6996, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:Obligatory "told you so" sentence about the vagueness of results given by Skullduggery.

I received answer from the mod regarding the interaction between weak and ascetic, not that it matters anymore. In case a weak targets an Ascetic with his own ability, a weak will not die.
I don't know. Something that was always in the back of my head was: Maybe MathBlade will come up with a bunch of these theories and appear helpful to the town but utterly confuse the town and slip under the radar with all of his towncred for his posts. Nothing I'm willing to fight for, just superstition.
I heavily dislike his over-aggressive and overconfident playstyle, however,
it doesn't make sense
for him to be scum. His behaviour has been pitchforky, but unlike the pirchforkers we had pre-replacement, he tries to rally Town and make them play using his pitchforkiness, unlike, say, Andrius or SlySly. Whether his method has bore fruit or not is up to debate, but truth remains his intentions seem "pure" and, more importantly, that there is zero incentive for scum to replace in and act as a Town Leader all of a sudden in a "lost" Town. If anything, I would expect scum replacing in to act more like Accountant or Pine, semi-lurking or pretending to read the thread.

He clearly is "paranoid" in some of his reads, but if you were a townie replacing in a gamestate such as this, you would be "pararnoid" as well.
In post 6957, MathBlade wrote:The reason I lean Gio's the liar too is because he voted his innocent read. That should never happen.
Let's get over this one more time. So, I claim that someone is innocent. Then I vote for him. You said that this is a scummy move. You didn't say what I would gain from this move as scum.

What I would gain from claiming that Narna is innocent, on the day that he would most likely be lynched, then vote for him? Why claim an innocent on Narna and then vote, instead of simply voting without singling myself out?
1) The premise is bad. If you are scum the entire thing is poisonous and you are not required to have actually targeted your buddy or have told the truth about any of it. I think the claim is engineered to give Maxous a bit of legitimacy.
So, since I am scum with Maxous, why would I admit that my result on him is shaky? I was believed as weak having cleared him, and since he has claimed roleblocker, I could confirm that the type of action I supposedly caught him doing is interferring (the corresponding action to his claim) and be done with it.

---------

So, according to you, my scum plan was the following:

1) I claimed weak and cleared Maxous, my scumbuddy, with most players believing me.
2) I faked an innocent on the most possible lynch target, announcing my result immediately.
3) Afterwards, I voted for him.
4) I questioned my own result on my scumbuddy openly when he claimed (or fake-claimed) all of his targets.
5) My scumbuddy ended up being a possible lynch candidate with me likely next on the chopping block.

Does this make sense to you?
1) Yes
2) I am accusing you of faking Maxous at minimum. Narna is a town read of mine. Scum can tell the truth as Town.
3) Yes you voted for your town innocent read. Bad scum.
4) Yes I have done this as scum and it creates a fake aura of authenticity. Questions are not the be all end all. Scum need one or two more mislynches to win. The fact of the matter is you can have a lynch of one or two of your buddies.

Today for scum is about no lynching or lynching town flat out because then they do not have to bus and then just win. That is why I am to borrow your words pitchforky. To expect normal play in a bastard game is suicide. All I see is there is no logical way your results are right. Therefore you are scum.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7003 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

As Town can*
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7004 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 6996, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:Obligatory "told you so" sentence about the vagueness of results given by Skullduggery.

I received answer from the mod regarding the interaction between weak and ascetic, not that it matters anymore. In case a weak targets an Ascetic with his own ability, a weak will not die.
I don't know. Something that was always in the back of my head was: Maybe MathBlade will come up with a bunch of these theories and appear helpful to the town but utterly confuse the town and slip under the radar with all of his towncred for his posts. Nothing I'm willing to fight for, just superstition.
I heavily dislike his over-aggressive and overconfident playstyle, however,
it doesn't make sense
for him to be scum. His behaviour has been pitchforky, but unlike the pirchforkers we had pre-replacement, he tries to rally Town and make them play using his pitchforkiness, unlike, say, Andrius or SlySly. Whether his method has bore fruit or not is up to debate, but truth remains his intentions seem "pure" and, more importantly, that there is zero incentive for scum to replace in and act as a Town Leader all of a sudden in a "lost" Town. If anything, I would expect scum replacing in to act more like Accountant or Pine, semi-lurking or pretending to read the thread.

He clearly is "paranoid" in some of his reads, but if you were a townie replacing in a gamestate such as this, you would be "pararnoid" as well.
In post 6957, MathBlade wrote:The reason I lean Gio's the liar too is because he voted his innocent read. That should never happen.
Let's get over this one more time. So, I claim that someone is innocent. Then I vote for him. You said that this is a scummy move. You didn't say what I would gain from this move as scum.

What I would gain from claiming that Narna is innocent, on the day that he would most likely be lynched, then vote for him? Why claim an innocent on Narna and then vote, instead of simply voting without singling myself out?
1) The premise is bad. If you are scum the entire thing is poisonous and you are not required to have actually targeted your buddy or have told the truth about any of it. I think the claim is engineered to give Maxous a bit of legitimacy.
So, since I am scum with Maxous, why would I admit that my result on him is shaky? I was believed as weak having cleared him, and since he has claimed roleblocker, I could confirm that the type of action I supposedly caught him doing is interferring (the corresponding action to his claim) and be done with it.

---------

So, according to you, my scum plan was the following:

1) I claimed weak and cleared Maxous, my scumbuddy, with most players believing me.
2) I faked an innocent on the most possible lynch target, announcing my result immediately.
3) Afterwards, I voted for him.
4) I questioned my own result on my scumbuddy openly when he claimed (or fake-claimed) all of his targets.
5) My scumbuddy ended up being a possible lynch candidate with me likely next on the chopping block.

Does this make sense to you?
When I say "makes no sense" it doesn't mean I agree with it, it just means I don't understand what you're saying. I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say in the area I specified. A town PR never votes their innocents; there is no need to talk about what you gain as scum. The mod essentially told you Narna is town, so why are you voting them? What is with all of this elaboration of "what would I gain?"
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7005 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:28 pm

1) Yes
2) I am accusing you of faking Maxous at minimum. Narna is a town read of mine. Scum can tell the truth as Town.
3) Yes you voted for your town innocent read. Bad scum.
4) Yes I have done this as scum and it creates a fake aura of authenticity. Questions are not the be all end all. Scum need one or two more mislynches to win. The fact of the matter is you can have a lynch of one or two of your buddies.

Today for scum is about no lynching or lynching town flat out because then they do not have to bus and then just win. That is why I am to borrow your words pitchforky. To expect normal play in a bastard game is suicide. All I see is there is no logical way your results are right. Therefore you are scum.
2) You answered how it is possible for scum to know Narna is town, however you didn't answer my query. Why would I come forth and claim an innocent on Narna?
3) Stop treating me like a moron. Bad scum != suicidal scum.
4) The fact that you have done this as scum doesn't mean that everyone doing it is scum.

So, to summarize, according to you:

1) My results cannot be right.
2) Because of (1) as well as other reasons I am 100% scum.

Why don't you vote for me then? Don't you want to avoid a mislynch and lynch scum? I am 100% scum, more likely than my "scumbuddy" Maxous. At some point you claimed that whether Maxous is scum or not, I am definitely scum. Why "risk" voting Maxous, when 100% scum Giovanni is ripe for lynching?
When I say "makes no sense" it doesn't mean I agree with it, it just means I don't understand what you're saying. I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say in the area I specified. A town PR never votes their innocents; there is no need to talk about what you gain as scum. The mod essentially told you Narna is town, so why are you voting them? What is with all of this elaboration of "what would I gain?"
I already explained why I voted Narna. You say it is a scum move. I asked what I would gain by doing so obvious a scum move.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7006 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I dunno perhaps towncred because people don't believe so hard that Narna is scum?
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7007 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 7006, BigYoshiFan wrote:I dunno perhaps towncred because people don't believe so hard that Narna is scum?
Sorry, I had something else written and I erased it. I meant to say because people believe so hard that Narna is scum. Disregard the "don't".
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7008 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

You would come forth and claim it so that way if people ignored you and then lynched Narna you would smell like roses for one. The other is "giving an innocent" is seen as something only town does. However night actions were bound to be scrutinized in whatever we determine LyLO to be so you likely just did it for the creds.

3) I believe that is ascum claim. I will point out bad play when I see it. Just like if I suck I expect someone to tell me.
I am going to keep pointing out Town PRs don't vote their innocents until people see it and fucking address it.

4) This is correct. It doesn't mean it happens every time. That was not my point. My point is that making an argument of scum wouldn't do something there for you are town is dumb and provided a counter example to that effect. Is it proof? No. it just invalidates your argument.

Yes because your reason for voting Narna is bullshit.

No matter how annoyed you get you do not ever play against wincon and vote someone who is mod confirmed town to you unless you are scum or 3P

As for why I don't vote I want people to play. To read to see. To agree and disagree. One vote runs the liability of a quick lynch. Caution is the better part of valor. So many people need to post reads.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7009 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Now look I am not the best orator. I am not the best anything. Hell I probably suck at the role I have drawn. But what I will say is that by hook or by crook we need to be lynching the scums. I am going to do that. I am going to inspire others to do it. I don't care if I am the only townie posting but I am going to keep cheerleading til we come together. I am usually the brawn but today I will put on the skirt and save the damn world if I have to. Take the jabs and hits. Someone make my play worth it and post some damn reads.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7010 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 6842, Narna wrote:
In post 6746, SirCakez wrote:
In post 6733, Narna wrote:
In post 6604, SirCakez wrote:I am not unvoting narna until I get an explanation on how his "guilty" was town
Shiro must've had a public dayvig that they forgot about from d2.
WTF? Where would that have come from?

I would be fine swinging Max but Narna still has yet to offer up an explanation. It's absurd.
This was in reference to Fire's "dayvig" from just before the replacening.
Uh what?
In post 6845, MathBlade wrote:If we were going without role interactions SirCakez would be a good bet for scum.
You have yet to explain this read
This is a good point though, and another reason why I think Gio and Narna are buddies
In post 6985, Almost50 wrote:
In post 6981, MathBlade wrote:Good night all may we lynch scums.
Oh, yes we can.

VOTE: Mathblade

Testing waters for 48 hours now trying to find a weak link to mislynch and not casting your own vote on any = SCUM!Blade.

You're clearly "trying" to look like you're solving the game, but all you've done was casting doubt on half of the players list and NOT COMMITTING YOURSELF to ANY of them.
Meanwhile this vote is out of nowhere and likely from flailing scum
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7011 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7010, SirCakez wrote:
In post 6842, Narna wrote:
In post 6746, SirCakez wrote:
In post 6733, Narna wrote:
In post 6604, SirCakez wrote:I am not unvoting narna until I get an explanation on how his "guilty" was town
Shiro must've had a public dayvig that they forgot about from d2.
WTF? Where would that have come from?

I would be fine swinging Max but Narna still has yet to offer up an explanation. It's absurd.
This was in reference to Fire's "dayvig" from just before the replacening.
Uh what?
In post 6845, MathBlade wrote:If we were going without role interactions SirCakez would be a good bet for scum.
You have yet to explain this read
This is a good point though, and another reason why I think Gio and Narna are buddies
In post 6985, Almost50 wrote:
In post 6981, MathBlade wrote:Good night all may we lynch scums.
Oh, yes we can.

VOTE: Mathblade

Testing waters for 48 hours now trying to find a weak link to mislynch and not casting your own vote on any = SCUM!Blade.

You're clearly "trying" to look like you're solving the game, but all you've done was casting doubt on half of the players list and NOT COMMITTING YOURSELF to ANY of them.
Meanwhile this vote is out of nowhere and likely from flailing scum
It is because some of your sentence and structure is similar to other games like Dragon Age for example. It is more of a vibe. However that is all it is and evidence tends to point to you being Town and there is the rule of listen to the dead townie so I am playing as if you are town because logic and townies say so but man are you setting off my scumdar.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7012 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Oh and another point. Approximately half of this list is probably scum.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7013 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I'm gonna switch back to this.
VOTE: Maxous
His flip would give us much more information rather than Almost50's.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7014 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Maxous »

lynching obv-scum Narna would give us more information ya bird-brains.

how much of a scum lynch do you want on a silver platter before you vote?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7015 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7014, Maxous wrote:lynching obv-scum Narna would give us more information ya bird-brains.

how much of a scum lynch do you want on a silver platter before you vote?
A lynch that likely isn't on town would be for starters.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #7016 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:31 am

Post by Accountant »

Hey, why are we still talking while Maxous is alive?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7017 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:20 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 7011, MathBlade wrote:It is because some of your sentence and structure is similar to other games like Dragon Age for example.
<.<

It might be better to lynch Giovanni
If he's scum we lynch Narna, if he's town Narna is conftown
If we lynch Narna and he flips town, then we have no idea what Giovanni is
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7018 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7016, Accountant wrote:Hey, why are we still talking while Maxous is alive?
Because even if you think I am right the entire team has to be found.

I am at my best as a pacifist and find true love but I am also at my best when others aren't.
Meaning that we have to lynch scum soon or we are fucked.

This may be one of the earliest Lylo's on MS.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7019 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:33 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7017, SirCakez wrote:
In post 7011, MathBlade wrote:It is because some of your sentence and structure is similar to other games like Dragon Age for example.
<.<

Yeah exactly. Gio or Maxous is the way to go today.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7020 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:39 am

In post 7017, SirCakez wrote:
<.<

I also agree with this logic. If I am scum, then you got your first red result. If I am town, then my claims are validated and you have more to work with.

@Mathblade, we are not in LyLo. Assuming 5 scum, we are 5/9 split right now. Assuming scum isn't lynched today, town will be 5/7 tomorrow (barring nightvigs or blocks or whatever), which is LyLo under normal circumstances. if there are 4 scum, then town will have two more days etc.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7021 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

I have reason to believe there is 3P here. Or at the very least <redacted because my pants> in the game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7022 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

So IMHO it is 5/8/1 and then 5/6/1 which for all intents and purposes is LyLO.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7023 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

Maxous lynch reveals Nahdia.
Gio lynch reveals Narna if Gio town. If Gio scum Narna still anything.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7024 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:49 am

If a third party is present, I think it is unlikely for scum to be five in number.

If anything, 4/9/1 makes more sense, especially given the fact that despite the large number of investigatives, results are shaky.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”