LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 346, Aubrey wrote:If you think his post is opportunistic, but don't think the others are, then it is the most opportunistic vote on the bandwagon. No?
"Most" classifies as a degree, specifically, the most severe. I don't want to associate "most severe" with that vote.
In post 345, Aubrey wrote:I dont fully understand what difference it makes what I categorize my post as being. I didn't understand this opportunistic argument you were making (nor did I really understand Transcends original statement, but sadly I think he is full of it sometimes so I ignored it) and I mostly did it for myself and others who may want to reference back to the bandwagon. More importantly, I did it so we all would have an illustration of what occurred for when you and Transcend answered why you thought he was the most opportunistic out of the lot. Which btw, you never did.

Further more, you never addressed why you are not voting him (since you have expressed doubt) but instead are voting an empty slot who has only made one post and clearly isnt here. Your vote, based not the reason you gave, would be better suited if he had made a second post later down the line that held little substance in correlation to his lurativity.

Can we make that a new word here? Lurkativity. Has a nice ring to it.
Most importantly, I don't think if i only noticed one time that I saw an opportunistic vote that that classifies as the most opportunistic since there is only one occurrence that I am seeing. How can something be the most when it has only happened once? Semantics.

IDK why you didn't understand the reason I gave I thought I made it pretty plain and said it multiple ways.

Why do you think I should vote for someone who said something half the game ago when the game had basically just started? It does not need to be all or nothing. I can think it Scummy without voting it. I can think something Townie without defending it. I don't think a lot of people will grasp this statement as most of the time playing "Pro-Town" means making bold stances. There is more that I am focussing on than just "Oh, that looks like it could be an opportunistic vote, I should vote them ASAP so that people know exactly where I stand on this issue." The fact is, all game I have taken a stand back approach and at this point I want to encourage activity. I am not just voting for Deer because they are low activity, I am voting for the slot because the one post they made was sub-par and I don't want to have to worry about a slot that isn't active and provides bad posts. I am being extremely pro-active in my vote on Deer. Deer still does not have any more votes on them than me. I am the only one at this point in time who is trying to eliminate lurkers in this game, or so I feel.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Maybe I don't see it exactly as opportunistic since I assume there was a bit of RVS BS thrown in there, hence why I'm having trouble understanding why you and he feel that way about Toto. When I do try and ignore the RVS BS it just looks like the others are just as guilty about being "opportunistic as he does."

Deer will get his ass prodded sooner or later, and then we will all expect adequate content from them. Hence again why I consider your vote as useful as my non existent vote. That is what I am trying to get at. It's why I'm like "
Why isnt he voting Toto then?
"

You making a big fuss about what type of post my post is still doesn't make much sense to me. Whatever though...Honestly I'm at the point where I think I can give you a slight town lean for what you're doing even if I don't fully agree with it in some aspects. At least you seem to be trying to force people to be accountable for their actions, considerate, and worried about things that harm the town in general.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:11 pm

In post 351, Aubrey wrote:Maybe I don't see it exactly as opportunistic since I assume there was a bit of RVS BS thrown in there, hence why I'm having trouble understanding why you and he feel that way about Toto. When I do try and ignore the RVS BS it just looks like the others are just as guilty about being "opportunistic as he does."

Deer will get his ass prodded sooner or later, and then we will all expect adequate content from them. Hence again why I consider your vote as useful as my non existent vote. That is what I am trying to get at. It's why I'm like "
Why isnt he voting Toto then?
"

You making a big fuss about what type of post my post is still doesn't make much sense to me. Whatever though...Honestly I'm at the point where I think I can give you a slight town lean for what you're doing even if I don't fully agree with it in some aspects. At least you seem to be trying to force people to be accountable for their actions, considerate, and worried about things that harm the town in general.
I understand your perspective better now, I think I can give you a Town read.

I do have one question though. What do you mean by "RVS BS thrown in there?"

Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by Aubrey »

I don't know how to word it, and I feel as if it is hard to explain. Basically I found his first vote as RVS even though he questioned and wanted to know why Dave un-voted Transcend. It just didnt feel like a question he asked because he really thought Dave was scummy, but rather because RVS expects you to vote someone for little to no reason in order to see how they react. You get a better reaction from some people when votes pile up a bit, and since transcend was voting him why not? That is what I felt like he was doing. Then the whole suicidal fiasco went down, and shit hit the fan.

Some people start RVS by making some stupid comment about someone's avi or name. Some people might have a buddy that they played with and they vote them for some stupid reason. Some people vote others due to something they did. I don't know. Just seems NAI to me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:39 pm

In post 353, Aubrey wrote:I don't know how to word it, and I feel as if it is hard to explain. Basically I found his first vote as RVS even though he questioned and wanted to know why Dave un-voted Transcend. It just didnt feel like a question he asked because he really thought Dave was scummy, but rather because RVS expects you to vote someone for little to no reason in order to see how they react. You get a better reaction from some people when votes pile up a bit, and since transcend was voting him why not? That is what I felt like he was doing. Then the whole suicidal fiasco went down, and shit hit the fan.

Some people start RVS by making some stupid comment about someone's avi or name. Some people might have a buddy that they played with and they vote them for some stupid reason. Some people vote others due to something they did. I don't know. Just seems NAI to me.
I think your assessment is not accurate. I don't want to give you a lecture about Occam's Razor, but pet theories and tin foil arguments don't get you very far in this game. And I say that knowing I said its best to figure out how to play yourself. I do appreciate that you are trying to come up with viable theories, but there is really no indication that the vote on Dave was in any way because of those silly reasons for voting people that you talked about. Basically, I disagree that it was done pointlessly. I think there was a real reason for the vote. I am not exactly satisfied with Toto ATM.

There are a lot of people who have not really been very active today and IDK why. I think its a problem.

Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Eh. Maybe you are correct. Maybe I am correct. Time will tell. I can't vote him solely based on his Dave vote. He remains null.
PsychoticDave
PsychoticDave
Goon
PsychoticDave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by PsychoticDave »

Alright. Birthday party is over.
Lasted two days.
Hella fun.

I'll fully catch up and do shit in the morning when I wake up.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Toto »

Catching up...
In post 323, Toto wrote:Now please do explain where I was 'excusing myself for misinterpreting things'.
LQ. You didn't answer this.
In post 324, LicketyQuickety wrote:In other words, you can base pretty much nothing on BW at this stage of the game. You do not pass go, you do not collect $200.
My point is that opportunistic scum are generally in the middle of the wagon because that allows them to fly under the radar more easily. The first few and last votes are the ones that gather more attention.

Spoiler: Aubrey's post about Dave's BW
In post 328, Aubrey wrote:I don't know how I feel about Toto. Please explain to me why it is so opportunistic? Like he said wouldn't it be more opportunistic regarding those who jumped on once the wagon began to build? In order...

--

Transcend: post (total RVS)

Toto: Post (Basically RVS it seems with like a hint of real questioning. Once he is pushed he says he wasn't fond of the suicidal play in post )

Lethargy: post + (continues adding onto the wagon saying he is deflecting and scum with Transcend. Latter part probably being RVS talk.)

Gamma: post and post (says obvious scum for the self vote. Eh. No, not necessarily.)

Dave: himself post (I mean yea it's weird, but seems like playful town who doesn't care about being serious just yet. Seems a bit early for scum to freak out and think, "
Oh shit gotta do something crazy to get these peeps off me.
")

Ssbm: post who is the final vote on the bandwagon who continued to add onto the wagon because he never addressed toto only to hop off immediately once he realizes the vote count, but was still interested in lynching/pushing the slot based on his comment in post .

--

So, why is Toto the most likely to be scum (should their be scum) on this wagon based on opportunism? I'd be interested in hearing Transcend chime in on this since he was the first person to argue this in post + , but has now moved onto new votes.

--

phew. That outlines the whole Dave bandwagon pretty much.

Thanks for writing this out. You missed DeerMan who declared intent to vote.
In post 113, ScumDeersAreVeryTasty wrote:Dave 's self-vote seemed a bit of 'Reverse-Psych' mixed in it like town will think a scum wont self-vote. He is either a scum who is trying to do mind games or a town who was just frustrated and annoyed with the wagon on him. And i dont think a town will be that frustrated to self-vote.

Not voting him rn . He might be at L-1?
In post 344, LicketyQuickety wrote:The reason I thought the vote was opportunistic is because there was such little basis for the vote all the while trying to make more of a reason out of it than there was. It also "felt" a lot stronger than an RVS vote. In other words, there was intent behind the vote that was unjustified.
I RVS selected him because of the claim joke drew my attention it was only afterwards that I noticed the unvote and decided to probe. To be honest I was expecting something like "the wagon was building up but my vote was random so I wanted to remove because I'm not voting him for real" and move on with life. But there is something wrong about his reaction and his response to my original question that still bothers me. I'll explain later. First I want to see Dave's catch up post.

Also, Aubrey is still my top town read.

I don't like LQ too much, but I have mixed feelings after that exchange with Aubrey.

My guess is there is at least one scum in {Dave, LQ, Trascend, Gamma, Alban}

I think sbbm is town even though the arguments for pushing Aubrey were wrong.

I have a slight town read on Key but want to see more. Rest are null at this point.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by Toto »

Actually Alban's ISO is not that bad. I think it was those post about Key being an active lurker that gave some bad vibes but I think he just doesn't understand what active lurking is.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Toto »

Yeah, I don't like Gamma's ISO.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Mkay.
Anything in particular?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also, it seems you checked everything. Why not vote me?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by Transcend »

VOTE: Toto
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by Toto »

@Gamma
Well is the fact that it's a bunch of one liner comments on what's going on or shading. No substantial game-solving. i.e. I don't see anything townie.

I'm not voting you because you are not my top scum read.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So Toto believes someone is bussing Dave.
<Embrace The Void>

Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Post by Toto »

I'm sorry, I'm trying to understand what you mean but I can't. How did I reach that conclusion?

You mean because you voted dave and I scum read dave I should never scum read you?
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:01 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

I like the exhange between Aubrey and LQ. Seems townish although it's a little bit sketchy on posts and .
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:06 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 313, alban wrote:
In post 307, keyenpeydee wrote:Didn't I tell everybody that I town read everyone by default? And yes, Aubrey is my first real town read. The rest are just null town.
I don't think you are getting my point.
I understood that Aubrey is your town read. I want to know the reason.
If it's a gut feeling and you can't provide a reason, how is it 'real' anymore?
Or is your gut always right?
In post 308, keyenpeydee wrote:Except ssbm and you. You two are null scum
What's nulltown and nullscum according to you?
Why am I nullscum?
I am def getting your point, but are you getting mine? Or is you scum to force yourself not get mine and ask too many questions for clarification which is too much for town and does look scum? Anyways...

Yes, I am town reading Aubrey. Gut feeling. So what's the big deal? Do I need to provide more reasons in order to convince you? I think no. Sort it out yourself. I'm tired explaining myself to you who asks too many questions that you can just answer yourself. And I know this sentences will definitely get more questions so I'll just fuck off.

Oh yeah and this:
In post 350, LicketyQuickety wrote:It does not need to be all or nothing. I can think it Scummy without voting it. I can think something Townie without defending it. I don't think a lot of people will grasp this statement as most of the time playing "Pro-Town" means making bold stances.
10 town points to LiQuindor

What do you think null means for you? Perhaps that's what I think too..
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

PsychoticDave
PsychoticDave
Goon
PsychoticDave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:10 am

Post by PsychoticDave »

I'm not a fan of how Gamma is wording things...
Making it seem like we're both scum... >.>

I didn't get that Toto believed someone was bussing me. That really makes no sense to me...
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:49 am

Post by alban »

Keyen, i am scum reading you at the moment. If you are a town, you should try to answer rather than getting defensive n omgusing n discrediting me, coz your answers can help me look elsewhere. You being defensive isn't helping the situation. My q are fairly straightfwd.
1. Why is aubrey your first real town read?
2. What does null scum mean according to you, and why am i nullscum?

A third q springs to mind.
3. You said you are null/townreading everyone except me n ssbm. We are also the only two who are suspecting you. Is there a cause-effect relationship between who is suspecting you and whom you are suspecting?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 368, PsychoticDave wrote:I'm not a fan of how Gamma is wording things...
Making it seem like we're both scum... >.>
What?
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:06 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 369, alban wrote:Keyen, i am scum reading you at the moment. If you are a town, you should try to answer rather than getting defensive n omgusing n discrediting me, coz your answers can help me look elsewhere. You being defensive isn't helping the situation. My q are fairly straightfwd.
1. Why is aubrey your first real town read?
2. What does null scum mean according to you, and why am i nullscum?

A third q springs to mind.
3. You said you are null/townreading everyone except me n ssbm. We are also the only two who are suspecting you. Is there a cause-effect relationship between who is suspecting you and whom you are suspecting?
I never remembered I voted you. is that OMGUS' ing or are you making everything up?

1. Because how he posts. I like it.
2. Null means unsure or leaning scum. That's what I really think it is. You're nullscum because you ask too many questions and being too hard on me which I think is more pushy than town would actually do.
3. Well, I didn't like ssbm really. The way how she moved on as fast as a light speed on me. Her push on Aubrey doesn't scream town on me.
Show
Games that I modded:

Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:26 am

Post by Aubrey »

FUCK, THE GAME ATE MY POST! Ugh. Not going to be as eloquent.

@Keyen

Basically you're not voting anybody, but have said you have 2 scum leans, 1 town read, and everybody else null. One would suspect you would vote one of your scum leans. You don't like them because they are pushing you. It is
kinda
OMGUS, even if they are not voting you, because you are scum reading them only for their pressuring against you. Minus of course your dissaproval of Ssmb's crappy push against me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 365, Toto wrote:I'm sorry, I'm trying to understand what you mean but I can't. How did I reach that conclusion?

You mean because you voted dave and I scum read dave I should never scum read you?
No, I'm just trying to understand your thought process. What makes you so sure it's a bus?
<Embrace The Void>

Lethargy
Lethargy
Townie
Lethargy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Lethargy »

Sorry I haven't been posting. On a cruise without Wi-Fi. I'll be catching up on Tuesday.
Deimos27 head V/LA until Tuesday

Return to “Completed Open Games”