KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

This game just exploded. I'll see if I can catch up, but per my sig, I'm really only active M-F.

...I'll see what I can get done.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 223, kuror0 wrote:
In post 220, Shaziro wrote:I'd be fine with Pine, Jason, myself, or maybe Dreal. Dreal, I think, is close to the right match but not quite. I don't like Kuror's "I'll bet if there is anything special, we'll probably get told, trust me to tell you what it says" bit. I was in Undertale mafia, were some items had hidden benefits if certain people got them, and those benefits were kept secret until the person got them, when it was then revealed to said person.
You are picking just certain parts of what I've said. first:

"I'll bet if there is anything special, we'll probably get told" compare to this.
In post 207, kuror0 wrote: Mmm due to the nature of the game it would make sense to me that the abilitys are listed even if it has class restriction. Items are recycled when someone dies after all. Plus as I said I think there is a chance some of them come with a restriction but I highly doubt there are many like that (if any).
(if any).
and
In post 211, kuror0 wrote:That's why I'm interested in getting as much info as possible with the D1 item. If we know it is written it is a win for us and we can work better later if it isn't then we keep going assuming there is no special requirements but a slight chance either not every item has a special requirement or it is a hidden one. That's at least my mindset at this point.
When you say I said "I'll bet if there is anything special, we'll probably get told" is a long of way from what I originally said. So it is a misrep from your part. About the second part "trust me to tell you what it says". That's perfectly normal as I also said:
In post 211, kuror0 wrote: I would like to get the item as I said I'm curious about the game mechanics and I would provide as much info I could for the benefit of town but I know at this point is hard to trust someone else as I know I don't.
So bottom line, if you don't share my thinking or you just don't like me getting the item that's perfectly fine but I want to know as fast as possible how much does the lore information is useful in this mafia game(because remember we are playing mafia and not D&D so the lore info may be important to a certain point but is not a straight jacket and the mod could have designed this game however he pleased.). I appreciate the knowledge you have provided and your experience in a game where the items had secret benefits but that doesn't mean this game has the same rules.

pedit: again 2 ninja posts but I will delver how it was.[/quote]
I was saying what I interpreted your statements as. You said "Given the nature of the game" but the only way you explain that idea is that items are recycled, and I don't see how that connects and makes it so secret features of items won't only be revealed to those who can make use of them. I agree with you that whoever gets the item should explain anything the town needs to know to the town, but I'm not positive that I trust you to be the one with that information. The people I listed, I am more trusting of. That said, I fully expect you to be on your own list, just as I'm on mine.

As for the game in which items had secret benefits, the mod is Clumsy, who was the other head of my hydra in that game. This is one of his first few modded games, and I believe the first with items. I am also fairly sure that Undertale Mafia was the only game he's played in that had an items system. Therefore, I think it's incredibly likely that he has drawn ideas for how to run items from that game. I also know that the item in D&D has a secret benefit only able to be used by one class, which would fit this game -very- well now that I've given it some thought, as well as other abilities that others can use. Now, I'm not the big special class, and I don't think you are either. Hell, I don't know who is, but I'm almost positive we have one given the item and common sense.

P-edit: I agree with the idea of waiting for all inputs if possible, including Kuroi.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Pine »

Okay, because being subtle isn't working, let me be blunt. I looked up the Amulet of St. Markovia. It can only be attuned by clerics and paladins.

I am one of those two.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by Creature »

Would give the item to kuror.
Sigh
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Shaziro »

I'd have preferred subtle.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Creature »

Mobileposting is hard.
Sigh
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by SlySly »

In post 227, Pine wrote:Okay, because being subtle isn't working, let me be blunt. I looked up the Amulet of St. Markovia. It can only be attuned by clerics and paladins.

I am one of those two.
Assuming you're telling the truth, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, I'm fine with you having it. We don't need Wizards with swords and Dwarves with staves.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 231, SlySly wrote:
In post 227, Pine wrote:Okay, because being subtle isn't working, let me be blunt. I looked up the Amulet of St. Markovia. It can only be attuned by clerics and paladins.

I am one of those two.
Assuming you're telling the truth, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, I'm fine with you having it. We don't need Wizards with swords and Dwarves with staves.
Hey now! Spellblades and Dwarven Druids!
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by SlySly »

In post 232, Shaziro wrote: Hey now! Spellblades and Dwarven Druids!
You can keep your sissy blades. No true caster is interested in melee.

Noted on the druids, but my first thought on a dwarf is an axe.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Shaziro »

No true druid will wield a metal weapon, whether or not the rules say armor but ignore weapons.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by SlySly »

You're the one that brought up druids. I brought up dwarves, ya know, the kind that wield axes and wizards, ya know, the kind that wield staves.

My point was, if Pine is of a class that can use the item, it's better for him to have it than someone who can't. I wasn't intending to start a subclass tussle.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by Vedith »

Weekend stuff. more tomorrow
I claim scum \o/
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 235, SlySly wrote:You're the one that brought up druids. I brought up dwarves, ya know, the kind that wield axes and wizards, ya know, the kind that wield staves.

My point was, if Pine is of a class that can use the item, it's better for him to have it than someone who can't. I wasn't intending to start a subclass tussle.
I'm mostly making jokes while we wait on more input, I agree that if Pine is one of those two classes like he claims, he should get it.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

why would you claim like that?

blargh

ffs, it's obviously a medallion/talisman and most ppl with brains knows they don't see dwarves swarthing through battle with a heavy fucking gold chain and gem hanging around their fucking necks

NO MORE CLASS TALK FFS
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by kuror0 »

about post 226 made by shaziro. You see that's a lot of info I didn't had so it would make sense it to be that way and makes your statements have more value. While I'm not thrilled by Pine claiming so early I see no reason not to believe his claim and I'm fine with him getting my vote and the item.
Too lazy to be scum.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I mean, how the fuck do we know he's not a warlock or some shit too, also able to utilize a caster's item

god damn fucking grah
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Pine »

Yeah, I didn't claim. There's a couple of classes that can use it.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Shaziro »

It's not a caster's item, Dreal. It has a few abilities, and a big one. In some versions only cleric and paladin can attune to it and use it. If there is a special effect, which I highly suspect there is, one of those two can definitely use it, one in particular of the two if we're going by the version I think we are. That said, I did say -If- he is what he claims. I don't know that asking for counterclaims would be functional, though, as if it is a fakeclaim he could just say he's the other, so either we'd have one role outed and still no clue whether or not he's lying, or two outed and one caught liar. I don't know what would be strategically best, so I'm going to look at his posts (what few there are, I know, it's early in the game so there isn't much to read) and go off that.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Pine »

There's not a whole lot to go on yet, we haven't even started voting for a lynch yet. The first round of voting was for a random unknown, up until you pointed us toward the cemetary. This one is also essentially random, except for my partial claim. I don't really like it either, but there you go.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by kuror0 »

Counterclaim could go poorly. As you said 2 other players would have to claim both classes in case he is lying to catch him. So for now I say we should trust him and see how things develop.
Too lazy to be scum.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by Shaziro »

I'm going to

VOTE: Unvote

But only until we've got more thoughts in and players talking about this new info. Consider my vote effectively on Pine.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:26 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

hey Sha, is that a name you recognize for the item?
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Wrong name, right result. He got the name from my early post pointing out that the amulet of st markovia could be a in a graveyard. The actual item of St. Markovia is a thigh bone, I was confused with a different holy symbol, as in my Curse of Strahd game we got both. Basically, Pine is on the right track.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

I figured as much, ok then just making sure i'm not completely mis-remembering this.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

UNVOTE: JasonWazza
VOTE: Pine

I don't think there is any point delaying this phase, as it's just making us waste time we could be discussing who to lynch, and any more information that is relevant to this getting out is not going to be helpful for town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”