kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:12 am

Post by kuror0 »

Ok. some thoughts after my catch up. Jazzon too many assumptions at this point are not useful for town it is good to have your own idea but being locked on them with so many things being uncertain doesn't help.

I think there is a chance some items may be more useful or unlock an ability for a certain role but I doubt every item we get is designed like that.

Now the thing is who we give the item. The best option would be for someone we trust but at this point it is really hard to have a strong town read or anything close imo and most of us would want to get the item just because it is nice to explore the mechanics of the game and stuff. For now I volunteer as a guinea pig to get the item and we can agree to openly say if there is a role specific restriction or that kind of stuff so we can make more informed decision on the objects we get later in the game. That's most of my ideas at this point.
Too lazy to be scum.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Creature »

In post 199, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 188, Creature wrote:Let's give the item to a lynchbait guy.
In post 194, Creature wrote:I mean players you think are the juiciest mislynches if town.
So give it to scum?
Let's see if this keyword helps:

SnarkySnowman
Sigh
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 200, kuror0 wrote:Ok. some thoughts after my catch up. Jazzon too many assumptions at this point are not useful for town it is good to have your own idea but being locked on them with so many things being uncertain doesn't help.

I think there is a chance some items may be more useful or unlock an ability for a certain role but I doubt every item we get is designed like that.

Now the thing is who we give the item. The best option would be for someone we trust but at this point it is really hard to have a strong town read or anything close imo and most of us would want to get the item just because it is nice to explore the mechanics of the game and stuff. For now I volunteer as a guinea pig to get the item and we can agree to openly say if there is a role specific restriction or that kind of stuff so we can make more informed decision on the objects we get later in the game. That's most of my ideas at this point.
Ok, but this item in particular would -definitely- be the one to have special effects for a class. I take it he's played Curse of Strahd and got it, so he knows. The problem is, we don't want the person shouting out their damn class, for fairly obvious reasons.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 201, Creature wrote:
In post 199, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 188, Creature wrote:Let's give the item to a lynchbait guy.
In post 194, Creature wrote:I mean players you think are the juiciest mislynches if town.
So give it to scum?
Let's see if this keyword helps:

SnarkySnowman
KuroiXHF or Kuror0?
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:44 am

Post by kuror0 »

In post 202, Shaziro wrote:
In post 200, kuror0 wrote:Ok. some thoughts after my catch up. Jazzon too many assumptions at this point are not useful for town it is good to have your own idea but being locked on them with so many things being uncertain doesn't help.

Ok, but this item in particular would -definitely- be the one to have special effects for a class. I take it he's played Curse of Strahd and got it, so he knows. The problem is, we don't want the person shouting out their damn class, for fairly obvious reasons.
I haven't played Curse of Stranhd. I'm familiar with D&D and have played a couple of times but I got no more knowledge than the basics. And I never said the person should shout his class, I just said that if we get a majority agreeing for this first item the person who gets it could say if it has special rules. Let's say X person gets the item then it can say openly stuff that helps us take better decisions in the future items like: "This item gives a special ability to a dragonborn(instead of a race it would be a class ofc)" or "There is no special restrictions on this item". It wouldn't have to disclose the specific ability or item main ability or his own class it just informs us if all this theory can help us in the actual game or not. It would hinder D1 item but I think it would help us on the long run to take better choices. That's my idea to have a better understanding of the repercussion of our choices in this game.
Too lazy to be scum.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Shaziro »

You think they will be told "If you are X class, this happens" if they aren't X class?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:48 am

Post by SlySly »

I VOTE: Pine to get the item.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:55 am

Post by kuror0 »

In post 205, Shaziro wrote:You think they will be told "If you are X class, this happens" if they aren't X class?
Mmm due to the nature of the game it would make sense to me that the abilitys are listed even if it has class restriction. Items are recycled when someone dies after all. Plus as I said I think there is a chance some of them come with a restriction but I highly doubt there are many like that (if any).
Too lazy to be scum.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Shaziro »

Definitely not the way it works in D&D, and I don't think it'd be unlikely to be secret, given that the mod has admitted this game will be somewhat bastard.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:02 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 206, SlySly wrote:I VOTE: Pine to get the item.
What's your thought process here

Like I'm willing to give the item to someone else don't get me wrong, I'm just picky and also a bit greedy
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:05 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

kuror, how would you feel about having the item? I'm willing to vote for you for it
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:08 am

Post by kuror0 »

That's why I'm interested in getting as much info as possible with the D1 item. If we know it is written it is a win for us and we can work better later if it isn't then we keep going assuming there is no special requirements but a slight chance either not every item has a special requirement or it is a hidden one. That's at least my mindset at this point.

Also why Pine to get the item Sly?

P-edit:
ninjaed by Dunn :< why am I such a slow typer everytime.

I would like to get the item as I said I'm curious about the game mechanics and I would provide as much info I could for the benefit of town but I know at this point is hard to trust someone else as I know I don't.
Too lazy to be scum.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:09 am

Post by SlySly »

In post 209, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 206, SlySly wrote:I VOTE: Pine to get the item.
What's your thought process here

Like I'm willing to give the item to someone else don't get me wrong, I'm just picky and also a bit greedy
He's shown no desire to possess it and actually stated he wanted someone else to have it.
In post 195, Pine wrote: Shaziro, I'd like to give you the amulet, but do you think you can make the best use of it?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Pine »

VOTE: Pine

I enjoy special effects.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Shaziro »

VOTE: Pine I like this idea, I think.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:42 am

Post by kuror0 »

Now he is voting for himself, so he does want it now. Still it is a weird reason to give the item to someone but if it is what most want can't be helped.

But what does everyone else thinks about my idea agree/disagree what are your thoughts about that etc?
Too lazy to be scum.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Dunnstral »

So you're assuming scum would want the amulet, then? Want to share what it does with the rest of the class?

@slysly
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:50 am

Post by SlySly »

I'm not assuming anything Dunn. I don't know shit about the item or about anyone in the game. This latest turn of events has me scratching my head. I don't like Pine voting for himself, especially so soon after what I posted. He wanted to give it to Shaziro, now Shaziro is voting for Pine.

Now I want anyone other than Pine or Shaziro to have it.

UNVOTE:
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:52 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 215, kuror0 wrote: But what does everyone else thinks about my idea agree/disagree what are your thoughts about that etc?
I worry about the discretionary abilities of players that I don't know how their brains work.

I am totally with you, if it goes how you say and players are able to discern what is helpful to town but does nothing for scum. The way you described it all makes me comfortable giving it to you feeling confident that you'd not do something suboptimal.

VOTE: kuror0
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: kuror0
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:57 am

Post by Shaziro »

I'd be fine with Pine, Jason, myself, or maybe Dreal. Dreal, I think, is close to the right match but not quite. I don't like Kuror's "I'll bet if there is anything special, we'll probably get told, trust me to tell you what it says" bit. I was in Undertale mafia, were some items had hidden benefits if certain people got them, and those benefits were kept secret until the person got them, when it was then revealed to said person.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 220, Shaziro wrote:I don't like Kuror's "I'll bet if there is anything special, we'll probably get told, trust me to tell you what it says" bit.
I don't like this slight twist making it seem devious rather than absolutely straightforward which is what he was being.

Obviously we know if scum get it they can tell us whatever they want about it, something completely untrue or just a partial or whatever.

Kuror is making sure to explicitly say what he would and would not share - all of which is pro pro pro town to get straight and express his desire for. That he spent the time to detail, and more importantly to me even, is that it sounds absolutely genuine, is what made me lean to trust and vote him (added his response to my ? about his desire for it, with which his re-iteration remained True to the feels I got from his other posts about it and re-affirmed my comfort.)

I do not want the item, but I am very curious about all of the things kuror talks about and trust in the information not being abused and misused and getting the next piece of helpful information for our journey.

I have an important request coming in the next post.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

can we please agree to
NOT VOTE TO A DECISION
until we have heard from everyone - we've moved too fast already in my opinion

I'd like to slow it down and take this journey carefully

this is mafia but we are in a special game, let's work together as a team and navigate deliberately and not let excitement, momentum, pre-mature decisions that haven't been fleshed out as much as is healthy take us down unwanted paths

treat it as if we are RPGing in the situation, we may have majority guiding, but, as a group quest, it only makes sense to move forward in a full force, anything else is BAD TACTICS, splitting our forces (getting ahead of the group who lags behind)

let's be smart about this
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by kuror0 »

In post 220, Shaziro wrote:I'd be fine with Pine, Jason, myself, or maybe Dreal. Dreal, I think, is close to the right match but not quite. I don't like Kuror's "I'll bet if there is anything special, we'll probably get told, trust me to tell you what it says" bit. I was in Undertale mafia, were some items had hidden benefits if certain people got them, and those benefits were kept secret until the person got them, when it was then revealed to said person.
You are picking just certain parts of what I've said. first:

"I'll bet if there is anything special, we'll probably get told" compare to this.
In post 207, kuror0 wrote: Mmm due to the nature of the game it would make sense to me that the abilitys are listed even if it has class restriction. Items are recycled when someone dies after all. Plus as I said I think there is a chance some of them come with a restriction but I highly doubt there are many like that (if any).
(if any).[/quote]
and
In post 211, kuror0 wrote:That's why I'm interested in getting as much info as possible with the D1 item. If we know it is written it is a win for us and we can work better later if it isn't then we keep going assuming there is no special requirements but a slight chance either not every item has a special requirement or it is a hidden one. That's at least my mindset at this point.
When you say I said "I'll bet if there is anything special, we'll probably get told" is a long of way from what I originally said. So it is a misrep from your part. About the second part "trust me to tell you what it says". That's perfectly normal as I also said:
In post 211, kuror0 wrote: I would like to get the item as I said I'm curious about the game mechanics and I would provide as much info I could for the benefit of town but I know at this point is hard to trust someone else as I know I don't.
So bottom line, if you don't share my thinking or you just don't like me getting the item that's perfectly fine but I want to know as fast as possible how much does the lore information is useful in this mafia game(because remember we are playing mafia and not D&D so the lore info may be important to a certain point but is not a straight jacket and the mod could have designed this game however he pleased.). I appreciate the knowledge you have provided and your experience in a game where the items had secret benefits but that doesn't mean this game has the same rules.

pedit: again 2 ninja posts but I will delver how it was.
Too lazy to be scum.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by kuror0 »

agreeing with drealm that we should wait for everyone to have their input. Plus whether I get it or not, we have a vast majority being town aligned at this point, so I want us to get as much info early game about the game set up regarding the items to make better decisions the next days. That's why it is also important that people voice their opinions about my idea or share if they have any other idea about item treatment.
Too lazy to be scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”