MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6925 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6923, Maxous wrote:
In post 6917, BigYoshiFan wrote:I like the Maxous/redirector theory. If he redirected Nahdia to Shiro N1 that would explain Shiro's RB and zakk's death. Just gotta see where he redirected N2, N3, and N4 so that this all makes sense.
the theory was bogus because Not Chara didn't understand they had been roleblocked on N3. ( I told y'all people misread their roles ALL THE TIME in larges)
That has since been clarified that they were roleblocked on N3

Narna is scum because his claim that he would not theoretically not get a guilty on a miller has been debunked by Shiro and by Mod.
nothing to do with night actions, he straight up lied and thought he wouldn't be caught out with it.
he was.
No they didn't. They maintain they weren't roleblocked I believe. Let me get the post.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6926 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6754, Not Chara wrote:i'm confused as to how Giovanni isn't clear on whether no action was performed, or if he was blocked. i can say with a hundref percent certainty, a simple question to the mod about the result can confirm that. unless Giovanni's is some kind of needlessly bastard role that gives vague results in those situations. which would be silly, none of the other investigations are like that.

pedit: i'm fine with trusting Mathblade.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6927 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Maxous »

this later post Mathblade :down: :down:
In post 6876, Not Chara wrote:my god. you have to be specific when speaking to Skullduggery. very. specific.
i've been told now that i really have no way of knowing whether i had been roleblocked or if there was just no result to get.
meaning test roleblocks on me are rather useless.

as was most of today's discussion. the way investigations are being resolved with roleblocks is explicitly non-normal in this setup.

i'm taking a break from night actions. hopefully someone was given interesting alignment info from reactions to this regardless.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6928 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6601, Not Chara wrote:roleblock situation: it was just confirmed to me that i was absolutely not roleblocked on night 3, in case that was in doubt

Almost: okay. though i had a second question. ;> who are the scum?
i agree with Ankamius. Peregrine is town.
Not Chara was not roleblocked N3

If there is a scum redirector it is not Maxous. It doesn't mean he isn't scum and it doesn't mean there isn't a redirector it just means that Maxous can't be a scum redirector unless something boosted him to the top of initiative and I see no such evidence of a power in the claims.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6929 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6927, Maxous wrote:this later post Mathblade :down: :down:
In post 6876, Not Chara wrote:my god. you have to be specific when speaking to Skullduggery. very. specific.
i've been told now that i really have no way of knowing whether i had been roleblocked or if there was just no result to get.

as was most of today's discussion. the way investigations are being resolved with roleblocks is explicitly non-normal in this setup.

i'm taking a break from night actions. hopefully someone was given interesting alignment info from reactions to this regardless.
Fine then N3 is null but my point stands about if scum have a redirector it can't be you without Nahdia also being scum which is all kinds of batshit insane.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6930 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:14 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Did they ever "clarify," as you said, that they were indeed roleblocked?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6931 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

Now let me go cook eggs in piece and Yoshi needs to post thoughts that aren't from little no peep.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6932 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6930, BigYoshiFan wrote:

Did they ever "clarify," as you said, that they were indeed roleblocked?
The post says they have no way of knowing.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6933 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:17 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I think I'm just reading things wrong.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6934 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 6930, BigYoshiFan wrote:Did they ever "clarify," as you said, that they were indeed roleblocked?
uhh yeah the bolded part.

they were roleblocked just like everyone else was, the whole thing was based on a misunderstanding and i would love to move on.

please
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6935 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:21 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 6923, Maxous wrote: the theory was bogus because Not Chara didn't understand they had been roleblocked on N3. ( I told y'all people misread their roles ALL THE TIME in larges)
That has since been clarified that they were roleblocked on N3

Narna is scum because his claim that he would not theoretically not get a guilty on a miller has been debunked by Shiro and by Mod.
nothing to do with night actions, he straight up lied and thought he wouldn't be caught out with it.
he was.
Are you or are you not saying it was confirmed Not Chara to be roleblocked on N3? You showed me that there is no way of knowing, but your defense that you're not a redirector is because your N3 roleblock was real.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6936 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:23 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I still don't understand, Mathblade, on how Maxous can't be a redirector. Nahdia roleblocked him N4, are you saying you know that his action failed because of that?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6937 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6936, BigYoshiFan wrote:I still don't understand, Mathblade, on how Maxous can't be a redirector. Nahdia roleblocked him N4, are you saying you know that his action failed because of that?
I am saying by NAR

If Nadhia jailkept Maxous and Maxous did anything other than roleblock or what is above it in NAR it would not take effect.

Not Chara in their post said they cannot confirm or deny it. The roleblock might or might not have gone through.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6938 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

Now I have to run to the store to get some eggs.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6939 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:30 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Okay, so are claiming that you weren't roleblocked N4?
If Maxous was a roleblocker, you would have been roleblocked, yes?
Th only way I can see you coming to this conclusion is because you were not roleblocked.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6940 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6939, BigYoshiFan wrote:Okay, so are claiming that you weren't roleblocked N4?
If Maxous was a roleblocker, you would have been roleblocked, yes?
Th only way I can see you coming to this conclusion is because you were not roleblocked.
I am neither confirming nor denying I was roleblocked.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6941 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

Same as the post I quoted.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6942 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

By the way I think you are fishing to avoid posting thoughts Yoshi.

Maxous you too. Top 2 scumreads that aren't Narna. Go.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6943 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6885, Accountant wrote:
In post 6872, Almost50 wrote:
In post 6864, Narna wrote:Do millers have passive guilt in skullduggery's other games?
Skull is known to use variants and tailored roles. In my last game modded by him I was a COWARDLY HIDER. Hiders are weak (that's the "normal") meaning they DIE if they target scum. My role in that game didn't. Instead it got RB'd (i.e. instead of hiding I stayed at home, which made me available for NKs and/or investigations/protections and what not.)

If you ask anyone "would a Hider die if they targeted scum" the answer will always be YES. That IS the NORMAL role though.

Btw, it took me jus about the same effort there to explain as it is in here. It was MY OWN ROLE, yet people kept trying to interpret it their own way! I KNEW what my PM said. Skull makes his role PMs abundantly clear, and if you still got questions you can always ask him and he will explain.

So, if we're talking about how Shiro's specific role in this game worked there's no one better than Shiro to explain it, and he did.
you cannot be seriously
Not serious about what? About me having been a Cowardly Hider in a game where I ended up NK'd bc I hid behind a Doctor who had a double-protection each night OR could protect themselves instead, and had been outed on the that same day so I figured they'd want to protect themselves, but instead they opted to protect 2 and one of them was a passive poisoner??

I mean, tell me a Tracker in any given game tells you someone had targeted themselves OR that they saw that someone visit TWO players last night and that you will think "they must be a double-doctor then".

FYI; The wiki says the norm for a Doctor is NOT to be able to target themselves either. But a Doctor obviously CAN target themselves (albeit it being NOT normal) still, and this is also in the wiki. So, you "can find it in the wiki page".

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6944 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Not Chara »

i didn't misread my role. i didn't ask the right questions when checking with the mod to see if i'd been roleblocked or not. my role as i received it in the original PM, of course didn't contain any information about what results i would receive if i were roleblocked.
i can't confirm or deny if i was roleblocked night 3, or not.
the result i got is a result, but it seems my results don't differentiate between being roleblocked, and simply nothing happening that night.

i'll be back later to read up.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6945 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:55 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 6942, MathBlade wrote:By the way I think you are fishing to avoid posting thoughts Yoshi.

I was eating lunch, sorry.
Maxous and A50
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6946 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 6942, MathBlade wrote:Maxous you too. Top 2 scumreads that aren't Narna. Go.
A50 is being oblivious on purpose. he's way over-killed it. scum.

Giovanni is probably is scum with Narna.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6947 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:56 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 6942, MathBlade wrote:By the way I think you are fishing to avoid posting thoughts Yoshi.

Oh my god, I can't pull theories out of my ass when I don't understand everything. And the theory I did have, I don't understand why it isn't possible.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6948 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Not Chara »

Skullduggery is resolving abilities in decidedly non-normal fashion. i agree that looking at the wiki definition for miller wouldn't exactly help here, and that's Almost's point.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6949 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Math:
In post 4021, Almost50 wrote:If I had to speculate on two teams (I'm well aware there was only 1 NK) then I'd put Creature/SirCakez/mcMenno/Not Chara on one side vs Titus/SlySly/Leonshade/Narna on the other.
These were my reads early into the game (D2). Titus, Sly & Leon all flipped TOWN, so Narna's proposed scum team was all bullocks.

Even McMenno flipped Town so the team I proposed to be
the
scum team earlier (regardless of this being single or mutli-ball) was flawed.

Right now I have Cakez, Pine and Accountant as my 3 top suspects. HOWEVER, these cannot be scum "together", so there's probably only one scumster in the trio.

It's REALLY hard for me to say who's going to flip red with any degree of certainty w/o actually having a red flip for a reference though. We're on D5 and we have yet to catch ONE scum, which is pretty weird and puzzling, and this why I'm very much willing to sheep you (new blood in the game usually have a fresh PoV and thus likely to end this mass blindness we've fell into).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”