chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:40 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 274, Aubrey wrote:
In post 267, alban wrote:
In post 253, Aubrey wrote:
In post 249, chilledtea wrote:Initially the timing felt as if you were trying to derail the wagon on dave. It could also have been a vote, while not for derailing, for distancing.

Sometimes scum try to stay away from the topic at hand. Even if they don't want to directly influence the said topic.

Do you still find eric's slot scummy?
I've basically skimmed the last 3-4 pages. On a skim, I'm much happier with the slot. As I said, my major issue with him was his contraditive attitude. "
Hey guys lets narrow down some lynch options right out the gate and get a move on, while I go sit in the corner and do nothing but complain!
" When BTD said he asked for a replacement, I basically nulled the spot of its ever so light scum lean since it is so early in the game.

Regarding Dave, I just found his early posts playful shitty early day 1 activities. Eh. The argument that town would never vote themselves is farfetched, and a lie. Yea. Not a very interesting wagon in my eyes right out the gate.

--

Holy shit this game is on fire this morning.
Your case against Eric was thin. Which is why I wrote .
Either what you are saying is true or you are backtracking coz you realised LQ is more active and persistent than Eric.
Also your backtracking and explanation appears defensive, and hence, suspicious.
And your case against Keyen or I is that much thicker?

My argument: X person looks as if they maybe attempting to be faking a proactive town stance.

Your arguments: X person is pushing a thin argument early game. X person is lurky-ish,
but I'll ignore other players who are also lurky-ish
I don't like this post at all.

This feels very much like scum aubrey vs town alban.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Aubrey »

I also un-voted the MOMENT Eric requested a replacement, not after he was replaced and LQ displayed immense activity. So scratch this crap of me backtracking cause
"I realized LQ is more active and persistent than Eric."
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 275, chilledtea wrote:
In post 249, chilledtea wrote:Initially the timing felt as if you were trying to derail the wagon on dave. It could also have been a vote, while not for derailing, for distancing.

Sometimes scum try to stay away from the topic at hand. Even if they don't want to directly influence the said topic.

I've basically skimmed the last 3-4 pages. On a skim, I'm much happier with the slot. As I said, my major issue with him was his contraditive attitude. "
Hey guys lets narrow down some lynch options right out the gate and get a move on, while I go sit in the corner and do nothing but complain!
" When BTD said he asked for a replacement, I basically nulled the spot of its ever so light scum lean since it is so early in the game.

Regarding Dave, I just found his early posts playful shitty early day 1 activities. Eh. The argument that town would never vote themselves is farfetched, and a lie. Yea. Not a very interesting wagon in my eyes right out the gate.

--

Either what you are saying is true or you are backtracking coz you realised LQ is more active and persistent than Eric.
Also your backtracking and explanation appears defensive, and hence, suspicious.

My argument: X person looks as if they maybe attempting to be faking a proactive town stance.

Your arguments: X person is pushing a thin argument early game. X person is lurky-ish,

Explain.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:44 am

Post by Aubrey »

Cause literally he is suspect of me for my "
thin argument
" against Eric, but his arguments are just as thin as mine were. I've already admitted that my read on Eric based on his actions was only a slight scum lean to begin with.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:45 am

Post by alban »

In post 272, Aubrey wrote:I glanced through Keyen's ISO. I can see where people may consider his posts fluffy, but I'm not exactly seeing this as super scum. I'm also a bit biased since we seem to have similar ideas here and there. He understood my shit posting early on where as others failed to. We have similar thoughts on Dave. We both understand that Transcend is a bit of a wild card at times (well I assume so based on that one game). We clearly had issues with Eric's play for obvious reasons. I don't exactly consider him lurking when we have players like Deer and that hydra account that haven't said much as of recently. The argument of him considering everyone town and working from there doesn't seem all that scummy to me either. I can't say I understand why you would do that, but whatever. I work from null to X, but to each their own.

If I were to bring an argument forward against him, I'd say a good amount of his posts could easily come from either alignment. He however is bringing forward reads with some reasoning which is nice. I do find it interesting that people are shitting on him for some of his fluffy comments, but gamma never got mentioned. A number of his posts are also fluffy. There maybe other players with fluffy posts, but Gamma is the one other person who I distinctly recall having some fluff to his stuff.

--

Pre-edit. I am not an Alt account and I have never played with Dave. Unless Dave is an alt account.
Your first para: Similar to what I asked you about Dave. You and Keyen were the most active at that time. Is it possible, even marginally, for him to agree with you without obviously sheeping you.
About Eric, no, sorry there was nothing obviously scummy. He just wanted to quicken the game, and I kinda see his pov. You can say the same thing (about me feeling Eric was trustworthy coz he echoed my thoughts), and justify your town read about Dave, but the thing is his reads follow yours, where it is easy for him to sheep you, whereas Eric was alone then..in any case, it's a minor point. Just that don't given him towncred coz his thoughts appear similar to yours (I am comforted by reading your 2nd para - that it could come from either alignment).

Keyen was definitely not lurking. I felt he was doing active-lurking. I am sure you know what it means. For me active lurking is more suspicious than just lurking.

ScumDeers lone post is pretty scummy btw, but I am reading him as town, keeping in mind that, for all you know, he is being the same coz there are some players from that game in this game too.

About Gamma, well, 'shitting' on Keyen doesn't mean Gamma gets to go scot-free. It's just that I don't think Gamma did any fluffing. I found his playstyle normal.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:46 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

--

Watch the text, I don't want you replaced.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:47 am

Post by chilledtea »

Aubrey wrote:

--

Explain.
The comparison of arguments. It is meaningless unless you know for certain that one set of argument has to be correct.

Meaning, say alban's arguments are correct/consistent because he is town.

You comparing your set of arguments to his, either to solidify your set of arguments in his eyes (silly since he could be scum) or to weaken his set of arguments (not possible since that would mean you are scum). There is not much point to be made with that comparison in my eyes.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 am

Post by alban »

Spoiler:

--

Why would I ignore? What incentive do you see for me to do that? Unless you are implying I am scum or that I am scum with 'other players who are lurky-ish', why would I ignore them? And if you are implying I am scum and that's why I am doing it, you have no case on me, but you are using my arguments against me to build a case on me. That's a bit of a stretch.

btw, why those small size comments?
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:51 am

Post by alban »

I meant 'my arguments against you' in 282.
Lethargy
Lethargy
Townie
Lethargy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Lethargy »

In post 227, chilledtea wrote:Key's prob town too, btw.

My scum group atm is lethargy, aubrey, transcend and toto.
Right, looks like this is my cue to get off my lazy ass and stop lurking.

I'm getting really good vibes from Gamma and LQ so far, but I haven't really gotten the chance to play with a lot of more expirienced players so I'm probably gonna be unsure of a lot of my reads for a while.
Transcend scares me but that's mostly just because it's Transcend, and my first expirience with him was.. less than adequate.

Aubrey and Dave are null for me so far, I can't place them anywhere.

-Mercy
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:53 am

In post 113, ScumDeersAreVeryTasty wrote:
In post 8, Eric Rasputin wrote:VOTE: Transcend

Reason: First one to post
Why did you thought you needed to give a reason? :igmeou:
In post 45, Eric Rasputin wrote:Alright guys, Instead of dragging this out why don't we all come to an agreement on who should we lynch? Getting 7 votes is hard with a 13 player game.
I think there is a lot of time to do it. Why are you hasty?
In post 109, Eric Rasputin wrote:Well, it is D1 ... Lets just say that every move I make is based on gut ... I really wont have anything to go on unless someone gets lynched
Stealing Trans' words, eh? Good.

Eric is really a mislynch. Cant talk about 'why' or 'how' as it will be discussing about on-going games but know this he's extremely un-helpful town but seems like he is actually trying to do something here.

Dave 's self-vote seemed a bit of 'Reverse-Psych' mixed in it like town will think a scum wont self-vote. He is either a scum who is trying to do mind games or a town who was just frustrated and annoyed with the wagon on him. And i dont think a town will be that frustrated to self-vote.

Not voting him rn . He might be at L-1?
the one post this slot has made and it isn't even a good post. when I see a player that doesn't post very often, I hold them to a higher standard of quality posts and this one is not doing it for me.

I also feel better about chilledtea.

VOTE: Deer

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:55 am

Post by alban »

In post 276, Aubrey wrote:I also un-voted the MOMENT Eric requested a replacement, not after he was replaced and LQ displayed immense activity. So scratch this crap of me backtracking cause
"I realized LQ is more active and persistent than Eric."
I agree with this. I had forgotten about the positioning of your unvote.
But that brings me to another q.
If you really thought Eric was scummy, you shouldn't have unvoted before clearing his successor. I am not saying you are scummy or townie for doing that, but you can't use that argument in your favour either.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:55 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

Tbh I don't find Eric that scummy. As I stated in Post , I am convincing him to form a case or reads because he simply wants the game to quicken. If he wants that, then why don't he form a case rather than complaining such things. That's what I'm trying to point out. I also stated that I can see him as newbtown but also stated that he has a high percent chance of being scum. Of course, I didn't vote because I still consider the newbtown thing.

Alban, is that your laundering case on me?

And I also find Aubrey as my first real town read.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:57 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

Alban, can you expand more about the 'active-lurking' thingy your saying on me? Because, I swear, I'm lurking, yes, but I'm also posting things. Why is that scummy?
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:57 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

If lurking + posting means active lurking, then why is that scummy?
Show
Games that I modded:

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:58 am

Post by alban »

In post 281, chilledtea wrote:
Spoiler:
Aubrey wrote:

--

Explain.
The comparison of arguments. It is meaningless unless you know for certain that one set of argument has to be correct.

Meaning, say alban's arguments are correct/consistent because he is town.

You comparing your set of arguments to his, either to solidify your set of arguments in his eyes (silly since he could be scum) or to weaken his set of arguments (not possible since that would mean you are scum). There is not much point to be made with that comparison in my eyes.
Exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't put it in words. Thank you for vocalising it in a comprehensible manner.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:02 am

In post 284, Lethargy wrote:

I'm getting really good vibes from Gamma and LQ so far, but I haven't really gotten the chance to play with a lot of more expirienced players so I'm probably gonna be unsure of a lot of my reads for a while.
Transcend scares me but that's mostly just because it's Transcend, and my first expirience with him was.. less than adequate.

-Mercy
Tonally, I like this post, but I was under the assumption that this was a hydra account. The issue I have is the comment about not having the chance to play with a lot of experienced players. This is an issue with me because I consider this game to be people who mostly have less than a year of experience (unless a lot of you are alts) so the comment doesn't seem to hold up considering the circumstances (the circumstances that there are players who have been playing here for over a decade). When did you start playing Mercy?

PsychoticDave
PsychoticDave
Goon
PsychoticDave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:03 am

Post by PsychoticDave »

I'm not an alt.
If I were, I wouldn't be able to be in a Newbie game as a noob.
Lethargy
Lethargy
Townie
Lethargy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Lethargy »

In post 291, LicketyQuickety wrote:

-Mercy
Tonally, I like this post, but I was under the assumption that this was a hydra account. The issue I have is the comment about not having the chance to play with a lot of experienced players. This is an issue with me because I consider this game to be people who mostly have less than a year of experience (unless a lot of you are alts) so the comment doesn't seem to hold up considering the circumstances (the circumstances that there are players who have been playing here for over a decade). When did you start playing Mercy?
This is my first non-newbie game. I said more expirienced, which they are, compared to me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:05 am

In post 293, Lethargy wrote:
In post 291, LicketyQuickety wrote:

-Mercy
This is my first non-newbie game. I said more expirienced, which they are, compared to me.
That is what I was wondering, or something similar.

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:06 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

What about your reads on me Letter G?
Show
Games that I modded:

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:07 am

Post by alban »

In post 288, keyenpeydee wrote:Alban, can you expand more about the 'active-lurking' thingy your saying on me? Because, I swear, I'm lurking, yes, but I'm also posting things. Why is that scummy?
In post 289, keyenpeydee wrote:If lurking + posting means active lurking, then why is that scummy?
I am sorry, I should have explained.
Active lurking means exactly how you have defined it in 289.
You will find more about it here, and also how it could be a good mafia strategy: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... ve_Lurking
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:10 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

Lol. I am not Active Lurking.
Show
Games that I modded:

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:10 am

Post by alban »

LQ, why are you so engrossed in people's mafia playing experiences? Explain please.
You should be more interested in their expertise. And there's no correlation between the two. The q you should be asking is if anyone has played a game before with the player you are suspecting, and if there's anything different about them.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:12 am

Post by alban »

In post 297, keyenpeydee wrote:Lol. I am not Active Lurking.
Your words against my reads. Any guesses, which one will I trust more?
I don't wanna appear patronising, especially if you are town, but surely there's something more that you could be doing with your posts?

Return to “Completed Open Games”