YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:32 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Right, sorry for misusing the term! :D
Gorgon wrote:Potentially, if Oman thinks he knows better who they should track/watch than they themselves, he could use his ability to 'help' them. I certainly wouldn't recommend that, though.
I definitely don't recommend it at all. I wouldn't know that I had been redirected and I would assume my results came from my original target. Even if Oman comes right out and tells me who he redirected me towards, I would have a hard time figuring out whether he is telling the truth or lying scum.
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:20 am

Post by davidangelsummers »

Zindaras wrote:I don't care who I am, as long as I get to be Sylar.

I'm going to pick Mohinder Suresh. Because I know how things work. You guys can pick the roles with targets on their heads, I'll survive. Because I'm a survivor. *insert cockroach here*

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.
and tick and tock and tick some more..
Where are ya?
FOS Zindaras
for acting like you want the game to start and then not posting when it does-
Even if you are pro-town you will no doubt come accross scum so I hope your not easily manipulated.

Is their any role that people would definitely not like me to protect tonight?
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:46 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

davidangelsummers wrote:Is their any role that people would definitely not like me to protect tonight?
DL. If he is pro-town, he can protect himself using his own abilities and your protection would be wasted on him. Well, that's what I think anyway. Feel free to protect DL on the nights that he has not or cannot phase out if you can guess them right.

And, if it isn't obvious yet, the Haitian. Because you can't protect him. :D
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:28 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Oman wrote: I'd like to ask people, please work off the assumption that I'm town here (as I'm looking for advice). Do you feel that my usage of my power tonight would be a benefit or a detriment to the town?
I'd say I'm not incredibly comfortable with you targeting anyone tonight. But if you do get a scum read on myself or David I think those two roles could be redirected without too much harm to the town. If mafia have the Doc role they can target a decent candidate but obviously miss for the night, and their protection has no effect on Sylar kills. Also with me, for example if I were paired with an investigative role, I could motivate a partner to make sure our night actions are not detected and still have cover. Or if scum with the Doc I could do the same as above just with two targets. But please don't mess with the investigative roles. They may find scum regardless of alignment and I don't think we want to get into a game of "do we trust Oman" if they should hit something.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:36 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Oman wrote:Shaft.ed is either being lazy or trying to draw sheavotes. I doubt it is scummy as its not terribly effective.
Sorry guys, I was trying to post content without reading the thread. Generally not a good idea. My bad TSQ I'll cease acting like an ass.
mathcam wrote:That's the second time shaft.ed's jumped on a chance to attack someone that could have been easily prevented with a closer reading. To this credit, he's since backed down from one of them, but given how carefully he's been paying attention to the rules, I can't help but feel that it's scummy that he hasn't been paying similar attention to player's posts.

Cam
That's because I had a day and a half to kick myself for messing up your initial post. I only get a minute or two to read on the weekends and evenings so I can miss details when skimming the thread.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:12 am

Post by JDodge »

Oman wrote:I'm treating Eden as a standard busdriver that doesn't effect mafia kills or SK kills. Its considerably underpowered for a busdriver, but I still like the role.

I'd like to ask people, please work off the assumption that I'm town here (as I'm looking for advice). Do you feel that my usage of my power tonight would be a benefit or a detriment to the town?
Oman wrote:I'll clarify the above: say I could make Linderman (Doc) protect myself?
I don't like either post.

Unvote, vote: Oman
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Adele »

fyi, this is an "as I go" post.
Mathcam wrote:Until I see something particularly scummy, it seems sensible to figure out which of the roles are significantly more harmful if they are in the hands of scum than they are beneficial if they're in the hands of pro-town players.
Marginally better than arbitrary voting; assuming both ways give us the same chance of leading to a scumwagon, this gives a greater chance of eventually lynching
particularly dangerous
scum. While I'm not in 100% agreement with this plan (the same role may be particularly useful to scum, but also to town; should be working from a weighted net perspective of "cool scum" minus "cool town"?), the attacks on mathcam following this seem context-blind, as if they're intentionally ignoring the qualifier.
My suspicion of curiouskarmadog just went up a notch.
Looking back, jdodge, tsq and zoneace obviously disagreed but decided against contributing anything useful. Annoying=yes, scummy=no.
And, really, karma's young enough I could half-believe it was a genuine error. I wish Jdodge, Tsq or zoneace had been more communicative, so that we had karma's response to that. Not that I can complain, really; it's my own darn fault for not taking a couple hours out of studying and going to a cybercafe :(.

It saddens me that people think I'm dangerous. OK, yes, I blew up and killed millions of people in at least one timeline, but that was just the once! I have no intentions of exploding on any of you guys, which is more than I can say for some...
Seriously, though, my power level is 90+% dependent on the decisions that other people make, plus I'm useless N1. I also think I could be an extremely useful player later in the game.

Seol
, could Lindy and I hypothetically become a Circle Of Awesome Protectedness? (To whom it may concern: if I don't get a reply in the next 5 mins I might just phone and ask him, so don't be surprised if I know the answer before he posts it ;)).

If so, then that could be played very strongly to the town's advantage, especially when certain other abilities are brought into the mix. If there's any chance of reaching a scenario where a chain's made up and any death fingers the killer, that'd be quite nice, really (though potentially self-defeating
david wrote:
FOS Zindaras
for acting like you want the game to start and then not posting when it does-
Even if you are pro-town you will no doubt come accross scum so I hope your not easily manipulated.
Nah, he's pretty cool.
davidangelsummers wrote:Is their any role that people would definitely not like me to protect tonight?
Obviously a lot of people will be hesitant to target me tonight (:() but I don't think you need to be. If you
were
to protect me, aside from being safer, I'd also gain a skill that's very useful to the town. But of course, since you want the scum not to know who you're targeting, you shouldn't
pick
someone (too guessable) but pick 3ish different people and randomise the selection (diceroll or if you're a pedant, random.org). Scum can't outplay you if it's not your decision ;).
JDodge wrote:
Oman wrote:I'm treating Eden as a standard busdriver that doesn't effect mafia kills or SK kills. Its considerably underpowered for a busdriver, but I still like the role.

I'd like to ask people, please work off the assumption that I'm town here (as I'm looking for advice). Do you feel that my usage of my power tonight would be a benefit or a detriment to the town?
Oman wrote:I'll clarify the above: say I could make Linderman (Doc) protect myself?
I don't like either post.

Unvote, vote: Oman
I do.
Vote: JDodge

Yeah, god forbid she understands how her role works, or thinks the town might have useful advice :roll:
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Adele »

Adele wrote:If so, then that could be played very strongly to the town's advantage, especially when certain other abilities are brought into the mix. If there's any chance of reaching a scenario where a chain's made up and any death fingers the killer, that'd be quite nice, really (though potentially self-defeating
)
bah! Ew! No closing bracket! (I've shown where it was meant to go). I
never
do that!

I meant to go back and post a link to a newbie game that I played where we had 4 players, 1 scum left and 2 claimed docs and I figured how to make it so if the scum ever killed again we'd win, but obviously the scum therefore didn't and then a townie self-destructed. As in, even if you find a gamebreak, it might just force a stalemate.

But instead I just left a hanging bracket :cry: .

Seol
, any chance of a pity-edit?
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Seol »

Adele wrote:
Seol
, could Lindy and I hypothetically become a Circle Of Awesome Protectedness? (To whom it may concern: if I don't get a reply in the next 5 mins I might just phone and ask him, so don't be surprised if I know the answer before he posts it ;)).
Be more specific please.

Also, as you have clarified your intent iro the closing bracket, I see no need to edit it.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Adele »

Seol wrote:
Adele wrote:
Seol
Be more specific please.
If Linderman protected me one night, could he and I thereafter protect each other?
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Seol »

Adele wrote:
Seol wrote:
Adele wrote:
Seol
Be more specific please.
If Linderman protected me one night, could he and I thereafter protect each other?
Yes.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Oman »

Adele wrote:Yeah, god forbid she understands how her role works,
Ouch. I know the moogle looks girly, but lets make an effort.

I have a few bonuses as a redirector if the doc is still alive (and town), I can make the doc protect me (I know I'm confirmed town), I can make the doc protect himself, I can make anyone else protected if the doc is mafia (if he's Sylar its definatly harder).

I think directing watcher tracker is useless. The only reason I'd do it is if they're scum and making bad choices, but they'd get the results anyway, so there is no point.

Adele is a key person to dicover the alignment of.

Mod:
If I influence mathcam, how long does it last for?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:20 am

Post by Adele »

Oman wrote:
Adele wrote:Yeah, god forbid she understands how her role works,
Ouch. I know the moogle looks girly, but lets make an effort.
v.v
Sorry. I did wonder for a half-a-second, and you didn't have a gender-specific name, and I was already on the preview screen.
Oman wrote:Adele is a key person to dicover the alignment of.
/agree in theory, but there's no such thing as confirmation here, only accusation. I mean, there's no cop that can investigate me and say "Yup, she's clean". So it reads to me just like you want me to be subject to higher-than-average suspicion and scrutiny.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:24 am

Post by Oman »

Adele, if you're town I want to target you ASAP. If you're scum, my role in your hands could be very not good.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Seol »

Oman wrote:
Mod:
If I influence mathcam, how long does it last for?
I presume you are asking: if you redirect mathcam and the following day he makes a daychoice, does that daychoice get redirected?

The answer is no. Only if it's a nightchoice.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Adele »

Oman wrote:Adele, if you're town I want to target you ASAP. If you're scum, my role in your hands could be very not good.
Yep, that makes sense :) - for you. A lot of people, though, have nonharmful powers. If I could watch and track and protect, then I
think
that could only be a good thing (though those powers also arguably have less potential for good; I've not done an in-depth analysis). It's a safety-power tradeoff. It's not a decision I can make for you since, as I say, I don't think it'll ever be possible to 100% confirm me.
And, according to Nozick, the capabilities of your body belong to you :).
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:19 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

dammit, this game is making my brain hurt...granted it is a very small headache, but it hurts none the less.

Jdodge, what about Oman's post did you not like? I think i am missing it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:25 am

Post by JDodge »

curiouskarmadog wrote:dammit, this game is making my brain hurt...granted it is a very small headache, but it hurts none the less.

Jdodge, what about Oman's post did you not like? I think i am missing it.
His wanting to protect himself using the doc, other various minor things in tone that cannot be conveyed into words
stream

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:19 am

Post by mathcam »

Adele wrote:While I'm not in 100% agreement with this plan (the same role may be particularly useful to scum, but also to town; should be working from a weighted net perspective of "cool scum" minus "cool town"?)
I may be misreading this sentence, but if the parenthetical remark is a suggestion to improve the plan, then I should point out that this was already part of the original plan:
Adele wrote: Until I see something particularly scummy, it seems sensible to figure out which of the roles
are significantly more harmful if they are in the hands of scum than they are beneficial if they're in the hands of pro-town players
This was admittedly a little awkward. In a language I find easier to say this in: Let X measure the benefit to the town of a given role if it is in town hands, and let Y measure the benefit to the town of that role if it is in scum hands (so X is positive and Y is negative for any role). My strategy was to find the role with the lowest values of X-Y. I was certainly not trying to suggest that we simply find the most powerful role -- as you suggest, lynching that person could be doing as much harm as good.

Cam
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:58 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Oman wrote:Adele, if you're town I want to target you ASAP. If you're scum, my role in your hands could be very not good.
I don't like where this is going. We've discussed the dangers of your role being in antitown hands. You know you cannot verify anyone else's alignment, thus you should not be considering this course of action.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Dodge, please explain what you didn't like about those posts?

Adele: Not a gender specific name? His name is O-MAN for Medusa's sakes. :-p
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

I agree with JDodge about Oman's self protecting comment. There is very very little chance the mafia would target him tonight, redirecting Doc protection to him would be quite a waste IMO.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:33 pm

Post by Oman »

Jdoudge wrote:His wanting to protect himself using the doc
I'm a confirmed townie, the only one I know. Why wouldn't I want to do that?
shaft.ed wrote:You know you cannot verify anyone else's alignment, thus you should not be considering this course of action.
There are other people in this game with powers other than me and Adele, and they can't
all
be scum.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:50 am

Post by JDodge »

Thestatusquo wrote:Dodge, please explain what you didn't like about those posts?
I already did
Ouman wrote: I'm a confirmed townie, the only one I know. Why wouldn't I want to do that?
I dislike the way this is said
stream

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:00 am

Post by Oman »

I dislike your face!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”