Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6675 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Mathblade: Can you give me the pieces that you are seeing and how you're piecing them together?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6676 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6670, Accountant wrote:
In post 6668, MathBlade wrote:With the Jailkeeper out of commission they had 0% reason to believe their kill wouldn't go through N3.

With that N3 kill they kill SlySly actor and diva.(not quite sure what diva is)

They literally killed someone in essence without a vote. That seems dumb.

This means that they could have just killed Shiro why pick him for the guilty?
more kills + control lynch

also remember that it's a looooot easier to get away with fakeclaiming in a bastard setup

and from what I heard narna was on the chopping block anyway so it also makes sense that they'd want to make her go out with a bang taking a townie with her
There is no reason they had to bus Narna. They could have picked any townie they wanted. Sure Narna was under suspicion but a lot of people were. Nahdia would have been on my radar for no one ever claiming blocked but Shiro.

Framing someone else makes more sense than Shiro if they were. SlySly would have been better.

This is a 1-2 punch setup or town derp from Narna.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6677 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Accountant »

Narna: omg help me guys i think im gonna die

Scumlord A: Sorry pal you're probs dead

Narna: fuck what should I do then???

Scumlord B: we can make the most of it. Try to get a townie mislynched by giving a fake guilty, then we can all bus you for credit.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6678 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6677, Accountant wrote:Narna: omg help me guys i think im gonna die

Scumlord B: we can make the most of it. Try to get a townie mislynched by giving a fake guilty, then we can all bus you for credit.
Standard yes but why Shiro?
If they knew Shiro was a rolecop they would have killed him and not SlySly.
Why would a scum team pick a claimed miller?
The usual answer is block or kill.
They could have gone after any townie and instead kill the powerless it makes no sense.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6679 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6675, Ankamius wrote:Mathblade: Can you give me the pieces that you are seeing and how you're piecing them together?
This is a long post.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6680 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 6678, MathBlade wrote:
In post 6677, Accountant wrote:Narna: omg help me guys i think im gonna die

Standard yes but why Shiro?
If they knew Shiro was a rolecop they would have killed him and not SlySly.
Why would a scum team pick a claimed miller?
The usual answer is block or kill.
They could have gone after any townie and instead kill the powerless it makes no sense.
what were shiro's reads?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6681 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6675, Ankamius wrote:Mathblade: Can you give me the pieces that you are seeing and how you're piecing them together?
1) Nahdia and Maxous are claimed roleblockers.
2) Only one person in 5 days has claimed roleblocked conveniently confirmed by Maxous.
3) A lot of people have been asked if they were roleblocked thus luring investigatives/actioners.
4) Maxous's ability failed N3. This means either there is a third roleblocker (unlikely) or Maxous is lying about being a roleblocker or Nahdia is lying about not having targeted.

With me so far?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6682 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6122, Shiro wrote:You guys are being idiots, that is all. I have already full claimed so there is nothing else to do.

Remember to lynch almost and maxous

Vote:Narna

Because only othet wagon that might pass over me and I am 100% I am town over my confidence on him.

Do whatever.
@Accountant
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6683 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Accountant »

which claimed RB claimed first - nahdia or maxous?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6684 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Accountant »

I can't buy that there 2 roleblockers AND a redirector

lynch on a50 and maxous is in order, yeah

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6685 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5727, Shiro wrote:I refuse to believe scum.would be given basically a gunsmith as a role.

It is fucking stupid and paired with Narna reaction after he for all intends and purposes was lynched make it highly unlikely.

Snarky, this town has done fuck all till today, help me lead a revolution and kill scum.

Scum is playing then like bloody puppets, leon lynch then now trying to push me or Narna and setting for the other tomorrow.

Wake up people. Titus stop tunneling and listen to me. Join on almost.

Caky the same as Titus. Just trust me.

Maxous, you are likely scum so I don't give s fuck what you do. I will entertain you though. Case me, because "How was that town" isn't a case.

Andrius I get your frustration, I have been in your position in other games but please trust me here today.

This here. Shiro said Narna was town and I agree.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6686 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I don't think Not Chara is scum. If it were, why wouldn't they just confirm Maxous roleblocked them? This glaring connection-that the night I didn't submit an action and the night Maxous' block failed-wouldn't exist.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6687 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6684, Accountant wrote:I can't buy that there 2 roleblockers AND a redirector

lynch on a50 and maxous is in order, yeah
Maxous first.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #6688 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I want Maxous swinging from the god damn rafters immediately. I'm livid.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6689 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6686, Nahdia wrote:I don't think Not Chara is scum. If it were, why wouldn't they just confirm Maxous roleblocked them? This glaring connection-that the night I didn't submit an action and the night Maxous' block failed-wouldn't exist.
It is for the simple answer of they have to explain why it wasn't claimed the following day immediately. Whenever roleblocked you are supposed to immediately claim. Not Chara didn't. It could confirm Maxous at the expense of itself or tell the truth and given the amount of investigatives so far truth is safer.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6690 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3542, Shiro wrote:I am really willing to bet I wasn't roleblocked though, especially since nahdia also got roleblocked.
This here. Shiro talks about their weird results.

It is more damning Not Chara didn't push Maxous.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6691 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Do you understand where I get one of Maxous or Nahdia scum from?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #6692 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I don't agree. Not claiming roleblocked is a viable option if you don't want to out you have a role that gets feedback, and Not Chara is smart enough to realize it could excuse themselves.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6693 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 6681, MathBlade wrote:
1) Nahdia and Maxous are claimed roleblockers.
2) Only one person in 5 days has claimed roleblocked conveniently confirmed by Maxous.
3) A lot of people have been asked if they were roleblocked thus luring investigatives/actioners.
4) Maxous's ability failed N3. This means either there is a third roleblocker (unlikely) or Maxous is lying about being a roleblocker or Nahdia is lying about not having targeted.

With me so far?
I'll have to continue this tomorrow, I have to go to sleep. I'll double check these sometime after work.
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6694 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

In post 6669, Accountant wrote:
In post 6666, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:Narna has basically become synonymous with the Antichrist before you three replaced. Every Day Phase since Day 2 started with Narna and was about Narna. All logic was paused in order to lynch Narna. All meaningful discussion was paused because of Narna's existence in the game. Leonshade was lynched because of Narna. The game would not move on unless some people replaced (which didn't seem the case) or the boogeyman was out of the way. I was tired of the same mantra being repeated every single day.
you telling me 3 days of pitchfrks weren't enough to lynch narna?

sounds like scum bulshit stalling the wagon

y/n?
Narna wasn't lynched Day 2 because McMenno was equally scumread.

If it wasn't for the governor, Narna would have been definitely lynched Day 3.

People scumread Shiro equally to Narna and after the govern there were hints that he might be town.
1) The premise is bad. If you are scum the entire thing is poisonous and you are not required to have actually targeted your buddy or have told the truth about any of it. I think the claim is engineered to give Maxous a bit of legitimacy.

Has no one seriously questioned why no roleblock claims have come up with two claimed blockers in a huge game like this?

2) Because either A) Maxous is ascetic or B) again you are lying to give Maxous Credibility. Weak is a rare fake claim most people don't question that and it lets you "confirm" your buddy.
Maxous already had credibility. He was generally townread. He didn't need MORE credibility with a scheme as intricate as you describe. I was not exactly townread after my Day 2 remarks and fake-claiming weak was dangerous, anyway. So, why would I risk fake-claiming weak while saying that I targeted my generally towread scumbuddy?

The answer I receive is worded in a way that is not clear if I got blocked, my target didn't anything or something else happened.

Your case ofme being Maxous's scumbuddy is far fetched and doesn't make sense. You are just trying way too hard to give credibility to your scumlist.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6695 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6692, Nahdia wrote:I don't agree. Not claiming roleblocked is a viable option if you don't want to out you have a role that gets feedback, and Not Chara is smart enough to realize it could excuse themselves.
I can see that for one person.

But for 8 unique?
N2 no one said anything
N3 no one said anything
N4 no one said anything

If I was hit 3 times in a row my investigative is useless so I would claim anyway. Therefore the roleblocks had to hit different people. So you are telling me 6 players found their role more important than confirming there is a roleblocker who hit them or a redirector?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6696 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6694, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
In post 6669, Accountant wrote:
In post 6666, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:Narna has basically become synonymous with the Antichrist before you three replaced. Every Day Phase since Day 2 started with Narna and was about Narna. All logic was paused in order to lynch Narna. All meaningful discussion was paused because of Narna's existence in the game. Leonshade was lynched because of Narna. The game would not move on unless some people replaced (which didn't seem the case) or the boogeyman was out of the way. I was tired of the same mantra being repeated every single day.
you telling me 3 days of pitchfrks weren't enough to lynch narna?

sounds like scum bulshit stalling the wagon

y/n?
Narna wasn't lynched Day 2 because McMenno was equally scumread.

If it wasn't for the governor, Narna would have been definitely lynched Day 3.

People scumread Shiro equally to Narna and after the govern there were hints that he might be town.
1) The premise is bad. If you are scum the entire thing is poisonous and you are not required to have actually targeted your buddy or have told the truth about any of it. I think the claim is engineered to give Maxous a bit of legitimacy.

Has no one seriously questioned why no roleblock claims have come up with two claimed blockers in a huge game like this?

2) Because either A) Maxous is ascetic or B) again you are lying to give Maxous Credibility. Weak is a rare fake claim most people don't question that and it lets you "confirm" your buddy.
Maxous already had credibility. He was generally townread. He didn't need MORE credibility with a scheme as intricate as you describe. I was not exactly townread after my Day 2 remarks and fake-claiming weak was dangerous, anyway. So, why would I risk fake-claiming weak while saying that I targeted my generally towread scumbuddy?

The answer I receive is worded in a way that is not clear if I got blocked, my target didn't anything or something else happened.

Your case ofme being Maxous's scumbuddy is far fetched and doesn't make sense. You are just trying way too hard to give credibility to your scumlist.
No he didn't. He actually had very little and was further dampened by Shiro's scumread of him after he went down.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6697 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6674, MathBlade wrote:Oh and I would want you to sheep me onto Maxous.
Wouldn't that necessitate you vote him first for me to be sheeping you?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6698 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5300, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
In post 5298, PeregrineV wrote:Or will lynch scum Giovanni. That will at least give us a "town Maxous" if he is to believed.
Let me say this again: I replaced during a Night Phase. If I was replacing into a scum slot in a game where one player has recently played with me (Creature) and knows my playstyle and another one might remember it (SirCakez) (in addition to anyone seeing my previous games and noticing that I play differently), I would have actually talked with my scumbuddies and went full analytical as I usually do with the help of faux scumhunting conclusions or whatever. We didn't have a shortage of suspects back then anyway, and we don't have one now. I wouldn't have touched the McMenno wagon and I certainly wouldn't risk my position spouting theories the way I did, especially since I happened to replace in a slot that was Townread by a majority of the players prior to me joining the game.

I think you overplay the whole bread-crumbing issue. I have one result (Maxous), who was chosen because I felt like it was the safest choice, as this is the first time I play a weak role and I was afraid of hitting non-town. Also, with the way I played during Day 2, there was a chance that I would be lynched eventually, so I figured that it would be unlikely for me to be nightkilled by scum; it would be unlikely to be nightkilled by town-aligned vigs as well, as they would had more prime candidates than me during the Night Phase.

In fact, I wouldn't had roleclaimed if the following quotes from Creature and Narna didn't happen:
In post 4390, Narna wrote:We're not seriously switching to LaL after three days of apathy. Town is boned.

Kill Maxous, Giovanni, and Titus.
In post 4393, Creature wrote:Maxous and Giovanni first. Maybe Almost50 too.
In post 4469, Creature wrote:Maxous, Giovanni and Almost50 are my top preferences.
In post 4480, Narna wrote:VOTE: Maxous

Disingenuous my ass.
First two posts are before the govern, the latter two are after.

Three posts after the last Narna quote, I kind of roleclaimed and voted Leonshade. Back then, right after the govern, I believed what Maxous said about Narna and Leonshade being scumbuddies (as opposed to now that I stated that I have no idea), hence my vote. When I saw the Narna vote, I also thought that Creature might be their scumbuddy and that they will attempt to lynch Maxous.

In any case, Creature was (and is) playing differently than what I know of Town!Creature, and seeing him stating twice that he is willing to lynch Maxous and I was definitely strange. Narna's two posts were strange in a similar fashion, as well, but it doesn't make sense if he didn't know that he will be governed. In retrospect, even the roleclaim's timing was wrong, as I had to see if Creature would join Narna first, before claiming.

Anyway, I have played terribly this game. If you are so sure that I am scum and I have to be lynched before any of the other possible wagons today, then go for it.

----------------

Something else. I totally misunderstood what "Miller" is when I was explaining my Shiro vote. For some reason, it had stuck to my brain that "miller" is someone that turns mafia if he/she is nightkilled.

Even so:
In post 5020, Shiro wrote:

Nah, I am.not. Just really disinterested. Do you honestly think scum me would claim Rolecop Miller? Psh come on.
I don't get why a mafia rolecop wouldn't or couldn't claim miller rolecop. Seems plausible, especially since it kind of leaves some space to said supposed mafia rolecop to do eyebrow-raising things, like hammering MoI or getting out of Narna's wagon.
You didn't out Maxous til here. When it was advantageous to do so.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6699 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

maxous goes first

1) i can't buy that there are 2 rb and a redirector
2) shiro scumread him, and scum wanted to kill shiro - either by frame or by fakeclaim
3) glance through his ISO doesn't give me any good feels

if by some miracle he flips town we can confirm nahdia as scum

ankamius if you have a killing role you need to shoot narna as soon as humanly possible

Also I trust math, they're the only one trying to gamesolve

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”