Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Oman »

Yvoone wrote:I think Eden, Nathan and Peter are dangerous in the hands of scum, especially if two or more are partnered together, and can cause a lot chaos in town without town realising it.

I'm town, so you shouldn't worry.

Okay, I'm back. I don't like ZONEACE, but he's a little too behind the curve to be wrong. Shea seems to be thinking, and not acitng on a "this person is town, this person is scum" pre-knowledge system.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Bah I got off to a really bad start in this game. First off, I didn't read Cam's initial post closely enough. I should have noticed he was just putting the idea of Eden being most antitown out there. Also, like CKD and TSQ I had the feeling that he was pushing for a policy lynch, and not simple pressure. For this reason I think I should

WOAH WOAH WOAH. Show me the post where I ever came ever close to saying that mathcam was pushing for a policy lynch? Like, don't try to drag me down with your crappy logic, dude.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

TSQ wrote:WOAH WOAH WOAH. Show me the post where I ever came ever close to saying that mathcam was pushing for a policy lynch? Like, don't try to drag me down with your crappy logic, dude.
Thestatusquo wrote:
unfos Jdodge, mathcam

Wow...I was completely wrong there.
Sorry I inferred that's what your FoS's were about since they were comepletely unaccompanied by any explanation. If you'd explain a bit more then I wouldn't end up using such crappy logic.
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:09 pm

Post by YvonneSeer »

shaft.ed wrote:Also I've been rolling it over in my head this weekend and Eden is in fact the most dangerous role to the town, not the Haitian. This is because the Haitian's power can be contained where Eden's can "get out." The Haitian's power make us know that JDodge is unTrackable and Vigable, but if they were picked up by Sylar they would be of little use because
once a "dampened" result is obtained Sylar will be found out
. So the threat stays with JDodge. However, if Sylar kills Oman and picks up the redirection, we will have no way of knowing whether any of our investigation results are worth anything. This negates a good portion of our protown powers. While it wouldn't be that big of a problem if they power were to be steadfastly remaining with Oman since he can be Dampened, Jailed or Tracked, the danger of the powers escaping is real. And having the Jailkeeper's target choreographed each day is also a big problem. Thus I rescind my earlier analysis and agree that Oman's role is an inherently greater threat than JDodge's.
Sorry, I don't understand. How will the SK be found out through this?
shaft.ed wrote:In a further power analysis I have to say I found some of Yvonne's comments off.
YvonneSeer wrote:I think Eden, Nathan and Peter are dangerous in the hands of scum, especially if two or more are partnered together, and can cause a lot chaos in town without town realising it.
This is a very curosry analysis. I fail to see how my powers are extremely dangerous to the town. It's not like people won't be able to elucidate who I targeted. I expect if tommorow comes and I haven't targeted the Watcher, Tracker or Doc I'm going to be under a large amount of pressure.

And what if you're scum with one of the three you stated? It would be simple to lie about results. True, Nathan is not dangerous on his own, but once he starts motivating his scum partners if they have dangerous powers, he doubles the threat to town and I would indeed classify that as a danger to town.

YvonneSeer wrote:HRG and the Haitian will be very helpful if pro-town but the Haitian's immunity to Powers has a lot more advantage as anti-town. If the Haitian is pro-town, the immunity is useful only to prevent anti-town Ted from suiciding on him and anti-town Eden from redirecting him. So I do agree that HRG is more pro-town than the Haitian if you go by a certain logic.
As I've stated before the Haitian is hardly a protown role. The threat of a scum Ted kill is largest if he is close to lynch when the Haitian cannot dampen him. The only good thing the Haitian gives the town is control over the Redirection which will be moot if picked up by Sylar.

You are underestimating the Haitian. While not as pro-town as HRG, he can still block anti-town Peter and Nathan, whom I still believe are more dangerous to town than most other roles, in addition to anti-town Eden. I don't think you can dismiss the Haitian as hardly a pro-town role. If we go by your line of thought, since Eden is most dangerous as scum, she cannot be pro-town at all, which is not true.

YvonneSeer wrote:Matt and Claude are just the usual Tracker and Watcher stuff. I personally think they are more helpful as pro-town than anti-town but it might be WIFOM since I'm Claude.
Given the set up of two killing groups having them around as scum may not be bad in the early goings. But noone should get a free pass based on their role.

I agree 100%. I never said we should base scumminess on roles. Overall, I just want the town to know the kind of roles that could hurt us in the hands of scum and also, perhaps at the same time, we can find a way to optimise the usage of our roles to help town.

As far as players go, I haven't noticed any big transgressions. CKD's attacking of Mathcam was a bit much, but I did the same for even poorer reasons.
My replies in bold.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

shaft.ed wrote:
TSQ wrote:WOAH WOAH WOAH. Show me the post where I ever came ever close to saying that mathcam was pushing for a policy lynch? Like, don't try to drag me down with your crappy logic, dude.
Thestatusquo wrote:
unfos Jdodge, mathcam

Sorry I inferred that's what your FoS's were about since they were comepletely unaccompanied by any explanation. If you'd explain a bit more then I wouldn't end up using such crappy logic.
No, your crappy logic is not at all a product of others, it's a product of you alone. If you have a question about what I feel about something, ask, instead of making an assumption about it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Could we have a prod on adele, please. She has made two posts all game.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Thestatusquo wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:
unfos Jdodge, mathcam

No, your crappy logic is not at all a product of others, it's a product of you alone. If you have a question about what I feel about something, ask, instead of making an assumption about it.
OK so what were your FOS's for in the first place?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

psssst... Reading the thread is tech.
Thestatusquo wrote:It was pretty obvious to me that CKD was being sarcastic. In my mind, it looked like you and jdodge were deliberately misinterpreting his post to make him look bad. I was obviously quite wrong, as he WAS serious.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:54 pm

Post by mathcam »

That's the second time shaft.ed's jumped on a chance to attack someone that could have been easily prevented with a closer reading. To this credit, he's since backed down from one of them, but given how carefully he's been paying attention to the rules, I can't help but feel that it's scummy that he hasn't been paying similar attention to player's posts.

Cam
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by Oman »

Shaft.ed is either being lazy or trying to draw sheavotes. I doubt it is scummy as its not terribly effective.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:36 pm

Post by Seol »

shaft.ed wrote:Seol before I start off, another Eden question. If a player choses no target can Eden force one to be made?
No. Eden redirects a Power if that player chose to use it, if they chose no action Eden's ability does nothing. FYI this was already specified in Eden's role PM as in post 3.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:17 pm

Post by Seol »

Vote count:

shaft.ed: 2 (JDodge, mathcam)

Oman: 1 (Yvonneseer)
Thestatusquo: 1 (ZONEACE)
ZONEACE: 1 (Thestatusquo)

With 12 alive, it is
7 to lynch
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:40 pm

Post by Oman »

I'm treating Eden as a standard busdriver that doesn't effect mafia kills or SK kills. Its considerably underpowered for a busdriver, but I still like the role.

I'd like to ask people, please work off the assumption that I'm town here (as I'm looking for advice). Do you feel that my usage of my power tonight would be a benefit or a detriment to the town?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:42 pm

Post by Adele »

I'm here. Sorry for my absence over the weekend, but I'll make a substantive post later today.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:52 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Its possible that it could give you a limited severely limited cop role, so I would say go ahead and use it.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by Oman »

how so shea? I'd know if X targeted Y I suppose. I'm like a weak tracker.

Regardless, I'm looking right now at using it on one of the more scum-biased roles, which I cannot determine without careful study.

Mod:
Can I target myself, so that I swap with someone else?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by Oman »

I'll clarify the above: say I could make Linderman (Doc) protect myself?
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:12 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Mod:
If Eden targets Peter on the first night, nothing will happen since he has no Power to use, but will Peter still gain her Power?
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:32 am

Post by Seol »

Oman wrote:how so shea? I'd know if X targeted Y I suppose. I'm like a weak tracker.

Regardless, I'm looking right now at using it on one of the more scum-biased roles, which I cannot determine without careful study.

Mod:
Can I target myself, so that I swap with someone else?
You can choose to redirect your target's target onto yourself. So yes, you can use your ability to, for example, draw Linderman's doctor protection on to you.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:37 am

Post by Seol »

YvonneSeer wrote:
Mod:
If Eden targets Peter on the first night, nothing will happen since he has no Power to use, but will Peter still gain her Power?
Yes.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:44 am

Post by Gorgon »

YvonneSeer wrote:I don't have anything on Mohinder and DL though and I would be interested in some discussion about their respective abilities and usefulness as pro-town and danger as anti-town.
Mohinder would be pretty useful as town, but the problem of course is that the people he networks will never be sure if they can trust him, and vice versa. Thus he wouldn't be that damaging as scum either, IMO.

My own ability would certainly be useful in the hands of scum ... since it allows immunity from tracking, NKs (useful for all alignments since there are two killing groups), etc. In the hands of Sylar it would be pretty bad for the town, especially since Seol has confirmed that he could kill and phase out on the same night. Hopefully my ability will deter people from targeting me for NK, though ... Sylar and mafia alike can never be sure which nights I'm phased out on. As town, survival is the extent of my usefulness to the rest of the town, but at least that's something.
YvonneSeer wrote:And finally, we have the Investigation Roles. Matt and Claude are just the usual Tracker and Watcher stuff. I personally think they are more helpful as pro-town than anti-town but it might be WIFOM since I'm Claude
No, it's not WIFOM at all. It's simply a biased opinion. Not that I disagree ... Matt and Claude would be pretty useless in the hands of scum; certainly they wouldn't be damaging for the town at all if they're scum.
Oman wrote:I'd like to ask people, please work off the assumption that I'm town here (as I'm looking for advice). Do you feel that my usage of my power tonight would be a benefit or a detriment to the town?
Depends very much on what you use it for. In any case, I wouldn't recommend using it on Matt or Claude, as per my opinion of these roles above.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Horrendous use of wifom by the way. Wifom refers to a set of two or more possibilities with approximately equal chance of happening. For instance, it would be wifom to say "the mafia wouldn't leave the claimed cop alive because then he could hurt them" but if they know that you think this, then it's to their benefit to leave her alive, because you'll waste a lynch, but if they know you know they think you think this... And it goes on and on and on. Thats wifom.

Saying that you think a role is most likely used as pro town is not wifom for several reasons. One, theres no subset of equally likely choices. You would say it whether town or scum, and theres really no reason at all you'd say it as anything else. Two, it's not circular. There is no recursive logic there, there is only "A possible reason they might be saying it is because they have that role"

Shrug. I shouldn't go on tirades like that. I'm not an IC, and this isn';t a noobie game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also, what do we gain from having oman change the roles of those two players?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:10 am

Post by Gorgon »

Thestatusquo wrote:Also, what do we gain from having oman change the roles of those two players?
Potentially, if Oman thinks he knows better who they should track/watch than they themselves, he could use his ability to 'help' them. I certainly wouldn't recommend that, though.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:32 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

OHHHH! Missread your post. You advised against it. I thought you advised him to do oit.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”