California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by Setael »

If Sarc agreed with DP and posted a condorcet matching his like you did, I think I would've had a different reaction. Rather than jumping to the conclusion that he and DP are scum buddies like I did with you, I think I'd have looked back on my play to see what made someone I think is very likely town suspect a link that doesn't exist. And then I'd try to show them where they're wrong. I really don't think Sarc would do that though, for the same reasons I thought you looked scummy for doing it. DP very likely could be scum, so I don't see townies blindly following her logic (which is what your vote looked like).
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 37 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
4 to lynch.

Silent Lee: 3 (Dragon Phoenix, Gaspar, Talitha)
Dragon Phoenix: 2 (Setael, Silent Lee)

Current Condorcet Winner:
Silent Lee

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:05 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Why don't you think I would agree with DP's list, Setael?

I think I agree with DP's condorcet pretty much exactly, in fact, with DP himself being inserted between IH and Gaspar. Of course, that might change if Silent Lee isn't scum. In any case I'm kind of sympathetic to the whole "let's kill Silent Lee" idea.

I'm not going to hammer just yet, since we've still got about a day. If nobody has a problem with it, though, I'll do so.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:02 am

Post by IH »

zomg quick check in to have posted in 72 hours so I don't get replaced while reviewing the last few pages.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Not much to discuss further as far as I am concerned, so just a routine 25 words or more message to get me some space for the coming days(s) in order not to get out.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:14 am

Post by IH »

Why is Silent Lee scum again?

Why is Talitha cleared? I don't really like DP buddying with her.

huh I missed SL's and Talitha's claim. Going back to look at em.

Kay townie and limited hider. DP is also a limited hider..... one of them is probably scum, though I think they're possibly both telling the truth.

I'd say it's DP. I feel it would make more sense for scum to have a set number of times to hide, while SL just can't do it twice in a row. Just feels more like a scum action.

so, atm...

unvote, vote:DP
, Talitha, Setael, SilentLee, Gaspar, Sarcastro
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:15 am

Post by IH »

EBWOP:This is also based partly on my speculations from earlier where I thought DP could be scum with just about anyone
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:22 am

Post by Sarcastro »

We already have one player who can only use a power a set number of times, IH. DP's claim seems more plausible.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Gaspar »

Now see, if I were merely going for the win and thought DP was town, I'd be jumping ship right now and going for a quicklynch in endgame (assuming Sarc doesn't block someone from making a kill tonight). Needless to say, I'm not.

It's tempting, though, not gonna lie. But I hate Survivor roles so much that I'd really like to shift the meta towards them being an asset to towns, as opposed to a threat. If I lose because of it, whatever -- I'll take the moral victory of having figured out the scums (kinda like how I was willing to throw the personal victory in LO1 in favor of actually lynching scums on D4... hopefully this works out the same).
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Setael »

@Sarcastro: I see the error in my assumption. Because I know DP is wrong about a SilentLee/Me connection I was assuming everyone I think is Town would disagree with it.
DP wrote:Not much to discuss further as far as I am concerned
If you were town, you'd see a lot to discuss and you'd be willing to defend yourself. This statement was a major scumtell imo - refusing to give any content at all in order to avoid looking scummy right before deadline. Much safer to stay quiet and hope you get your Silent Lee mislynch.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:24 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Setael, if you are town, you are one of the worst I have ever seen. But I am still betting you are scum.

There was nothing to defend against - the two voted most likely scum by DP were the ones voting for DP. Well, duh. There goes your argument into thin air - as usual.

Things change now that IH has added his vote. But there is still not that much to argue about. The claims are out there in the open, and it is a matter of making up your mind whose claims are the most likely ones. I have made up my mind.
Silent Lee
Silent Lee
Townie
Silent Lee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Silent Lee »

OK, yeah, Gaspar's "neutral" claim is baloney. He'd hammer to help fulfill his win condition but he thinks, what, that Setael, IH and I are scum voting for DP?

Let's think this through... I'm pretty sure DP is a townie or else he'd have concocted a better claim. He's not playing this like a fake counterclaim. So Gaspar gets to decide whether to be RESPONSIBLE for a lynch of a townie or just an innocent bystander while a townie gets lynched.

The neutral wouldn't care. They'd hammer the townie, 5 would remain tomorrow, and very likely the game would be over and the neutral would win. If Gaspar was REALLY a neutral, he'd be worried about getting NKed tonight for trying to help out the town.

Not buying it. It's probably too late to wagon Gaspar but when I come up town in a few hours, I've gotten my "told you so" on the record. I highly recommend you guys follow this train of logic and we axe Gaspar NOW.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by IH »

SL, the scum won't kill Gaspar, because he'd be more likely to hammer in Lylo. With DGB dead, it's no longer lylo.

Sarc, who had limited abilities?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:25 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Sarcastro wrote:I am a two-shot roleblocker (I lock people in my cell).
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:46 pm

Post by Setael »

DP wrote:Setael, if you are town, you are one of the worst I have ever seen.
Wow. That's a pretty bold statement. Is this just because I was wrong about Zindie? You have 3 people who think you're scum (not ALL of which can be scum btw) and you STILL refuse to do anything helpful like... give us a reason to think you're not scum.

I finally had a chance to look back at the wagons Zindie survived, though I didn't have time to be as thorough as I'd like. I'm posting all the condorcets that matter so others can glean from it who have more time than I do.

[quote-"Post 1482 DP (72 hrs from deadline)"]Vote MrBuddyLee, Sarcastro, [Cogito Ergo Sum, Pooky], [Logisticus, Gaspar, Tamuz, Zindaras], [IH, Talitha], Foolinc, DP, no lynch[/quote]
1492 Gaspar wrote:Vote: Talitha, MBL, DP, Saetel, [Pooky, Tamuz] [IH, logicticus, Zindaras], [Foolinc, Sarcastro], No Lynch, Gaspar
1496 Zindie wrote:Vote: No Lynch, [Talitha, MrBuddyLee, logicticus, IH], [Sarcastro, Gaspar, Tamuz, Dragon Phoenix], PookyTheMagicalBear, Setael, foolinc, Zindaras
1503 talitha wrote:vote: Gaspar, logisticus, Sarcastro, MrBuddyLee, Tamuz
1505 & 1506 Gaspar makes good arguments against Zindie for no lynch vote but then condorcet is: Vote: MrBuddyLee Talitha, Zindaras, [DP, Saetel], [Pooky, Tamuz] [IH, logicticus], [Foolinc, Sarcastro], No Lynch, Gaspar
1520 DP wrote:Vote MrBuddyLee, [Sarcastro, Seteal/Cogito Ergo Sum], Pooky, [Logisticus, Gaspar, Tamuz, Zindaras], [IH, Talitha], Foolinc, DP, no lynch
1524 Me wrote:vote: IH, DP, Tamuz, Pooky, [everyone else], no lynch, setael
1537 Zindie, after logic claims mason wrote:Vote: MrBuddyLee, [Talitha, IH], [Sarcastro, Gaspar, Tamuz, Dragon Phoenix], PookyTheMagicalBear, Setael, No Lynch, foolinc, Zindaras, logicticus
1538 DP wrote:Vote MrBuddyLee, [Sarcastro, Seteal/Cogito Ergo Sum], Pooky, [Gaspar, Tamuz, Zindaras], [IH, Talitha], Foolinc, Logisticus, DP, no lynch
="1539 Zindie"Vote: Sarcastro, MrBuddyLee, [Talitha, IH], [Gaspar, Tamuz, Dragon Phoenix], PookyTheMagicalBear, Setael, No Lynch, foolinc, Zindaras, logicticus
Tries to get Sarc lynched at the last minute.
Sarc, 1550 wrote:Well, that was interesting. Question to Zindaras - what the *** was that? Yeah, how about we don't try to lynch people at the last second before they're even given the opportunity to claim? I know it sounds a little crazy, but I really think it could work.
Sarc is confirmed townie by virtue of zindie trying to kill him here (besides the daykill which already confirmed him)

1559 Gaspar’s post after that no lynch really makes he and Zindie look linked. Distances with “I still want Zindie to explain why he felt his earlier fence-sitting was justifiable. Consciously choosing not to try to contribute to a lynch is something I cannot comprehend, and wishy-washiness/indecision is definitely a scumtell in my book, whether you hide it or flaunt it.” But then votes TSS. Doesn’t bring it up again right away.

Vote: the silent speaker, Zindaras, Talitha, Foolinc, DP, Saetel, [Pooky, Tamuz], [IH, Sarcastro], No Lynch, Gaspar
Gaspar, 1585 wrote:Vote: the silent speaker, Zindaras, DP, Talitha, Sarcastro, Foolinc, Saetel, Pooky, IH, No Lynch, Gaspar
1608 Talitha theorizes that Gaspar is bussing TSS
Talitha, 1608 wrote:
vote: Gaspar, Silent Lee
1632 IH wrote:Vote:Setael, SBL, DP, Talitha, Sarc
1647 DP wrote:Vote Sarcastro, Setael, Pooky, [IH, Silent Lee], [Gaspar, Zindaras, Talitha], Foolinc
1662 DP still trying to get foolinc lynched
1662 DP wrote:Come to think of it, I am not buying the mafia role blocker theory, unless someone can convince me otherwise; In every game I have been in with role blockers (pro or anti town), a role blocked player was informed that his/her nightly action did not go through.
1664 DP wrote:So, is the discussion dying down again and are we heading for another pathetic no-lynch? We are really handing the scum this game on a silver platter. Anyone not voting yet, comit to someone!
I said this at the time, and I'll say it again. I think this statement was SO scummy. Bad acting, basically.
1671 Gaspar wrote:I'd give 85% that the remaining scums are among [Tally, DP, Zindaras, SiLee]. Accordingly:
Unvote
Vote: Zindaras, [Tally, DP, SilentLee], [Pooky, IH], [Sarc, Saetel, foolinc], No Lynch, Gaspar
Talitha 1683 wrote:vote: Pooky, Gaspar, Silent Lee, Foolinc, Sarcastro, Zindaras, IH, Setael, Dragon Phoenix
DP 1685 wrote:I would obviously prefer a Sarcastro or Setael lynch, but I can live with a Pooky bandwagon. If that is the way the wind will blow today, I will hop on.
All 3 would've been mislynches...

1689 Gaspar makes case against Talitha (re: interactions with Thesp)
1689 Gaspar wrote:Vote: Zindaras, Talitha, DragonPhoenix, SilentLee, [foolinc, IH, Pooky, Sarcastro, Setael], No Lynch, Gaspar
Gaspar starts seriously pushing for a Zindie lynch anymore. Likely bussing.
1713 DP wrote:I don't sense any real scum vibe from Zindaras - except that I am beginning to become a bit sceptical with respect to his passiveness as well. Silent Lee and Zindaras are STILL not on the voting board, and that is just simply bad, whether you are town or scum. Since no-one is wanting to follow my Sarcastro lead, and a switch to my #2 suspect is hardly better, I will probably switch to Pooky or Zindaras if he does not contribute more. I will have a re-read of today's happenings first.
This post seals it for me. When DP just called me a bad townie, I figured it was because I was wrong about Zindaras. And yet he said this. He said I was "instrumental" in keeping zindie from getting lynched, and yet he made this post?
1727 Silent Lee wrote:Vote: Talitha, DP, [Pooky, Gaspar], Setael, [Zindaras, Sarc], IH, foolinc, no lynch, me
1728 DP wrote:I prefer a Pooky lynch clearly over a Zindaras lynch, but will switch to Zindaras before the deadline if that's what it takes to get as lynch. So:

Unvote Sarcastro
Vote Pooky, Sarcastro, Setael, Silent Lee, IH, [Gaspar, Zindaras, Talitha], Foolinc, DP, No lynch
This is scum creating insurance for later. Very possible he had no intention of switching vote to Zindaras and was actually "instrumental" in Pooky lynch.
1733 Talitha wrote:vote: Pooky, Gaspar, [Silent Lee, Foolinc, Sarcastro], Zindaras, IH, Setael, Dragon Phoenix, No lynch, Talitha
Me wrote:vote: Pooky, DP, IH
IH wrote:unvote, vote:Zindaras, DP, Setael, Talitha, Sarcastro
Zindie wrote:Vote: Gaspar, Silent Lee, [IH, Sarcastro, Talitha], Pooky, Dragon Phoenix, No Lynch, foolinc
[quote-"1756 Zindie (POOKY HAMMER)"]Vote: Pooky, Gaspar, Silent Lee, [IH, Sarcastro, Talitha], Dragon Phoenix, No Lynch, foolinc[/quote]
1765 gaspar wrote:I also want Setael to unvote simply on the basis that we're at LyLo, and she shouldn't be rushing into a decision if she's town.
This statement really makes gaspar look like he knows I’m town. Otherwise he’d have called this as a scumtell instead of saying it this way.

DP then lurked through the beginning of the day and has given basically one liners since then. I think gaspar and DP are both scum, actually. I'd happily lynch either of them. After the reread, I actually think Talitha is town so I'm hoping she has time to look over these condorcets and see that her vote should be on DP.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:28 pm

Post by Talitha »

just logged in to:

1) not lynch DP
2) say that it's Very Important that we do lynch SOMEONE today
3) post 25 words

anyone have any idea what the condorcet is doing right now?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Eh, whatever.

Vote: Silent Lee
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:42 pm

Post by Talitha »

Gaspar not hammering DP does make me a little nervous, I have to admit. I also fully expected IH to come in and hammer Silent Lee. That is making me nervous too.

Preview edit: Oh, ha! I forgort Sarc hadn't voted yet.
I am relieved. But still nervous.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:14 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
4 to lynch.

Silent Lee: 4 (Dragon Phoenix, Gaspar, Sarcastro, Talitha)

Dragon Phoenix: 3 (IH, Setael, Silent Lee)

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:17 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Nasty Hangover

The sun is still well above the horizon when the guests reach a decision, the number needed for a majority reduced by the unexpected display of violence earlier in the day.

As they drag Silent Lee to the lynching tree, he bursts into tears.

"Alright! Alright! I admit it! I'm one of them! I didn't mean to cause any harm. I was drunk! It was all their idea!"

The guests hesitate, perhaps thinking to question Silent Lee, convincing him to strike a plea bargain to lessen his "sentence" and rat out any remaining partners. They don't have time for this, however. An eerie disembodied voice appears, growing louder as it approaches from the house.

"Sinner! You will pay for your sins! Drunk? He deserves to be cast into hell; so that divine justice never stands in the way, it makes no objection against God's using his power at any moment to destroy them. Yea, on the contrary, justice calls aloud for an infinite punishment of their sins..."

The guests look around for the source of the voice, but nothing is there to be seen. The noose is placed around Silent Lee's neck by an invisible hand, and before the guests can do anything to prevent it he is dangling in the wind.

Mr. Grey runs out, wearing something on his back and holding something that looks like a gun or a hose. He aims it in the general direction of the ranting voice and presses something, firing a bright stream. There is a scream and the voice trails off, being sucked into the machine.

Mr. Grey sighs, taking the contraption off and handing it to Keira.

"Sorry about that. Somebody... I won't name any names... is having some sort of malfunction with her software and let the ghosts loose. I've been chasing them around all afternoon. I hope I got them all. Anyway, let's see who you've gotten rid of this time..."

Paris, 27 May 1839

"Three more bodies have been discovered, and the police are no nearer to solving the mystery. With both M. de Villefort and his daughter dead, along with their family doctor, Doctor d'Avrigny, the current investigations are focused on the Villefort household. Though, how the third body's identity - that of the innkeeper Gaspard Caderousse - relates is anyone's guess. While the crimes remain unsolved, the number of missing citizens is dwindling, and with no additional disappearances the police are confident that this bizarre string of murders will soon be at an end." - M. Beauchamp

Silent Lee (Gaspard Caderousse, Parisian Mafia) has been lynched. It is Night 6. Deadline for choices is 22:30 GMT Thursday.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:45 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Day Off

And so it was that on the seventh day, Mr. Grey looked at the remaining guests gathering in the courtyard to again scream and yell and demand each other's heads. And it was good.

And so, Mr. Grey rested.

He did not name a new android. The new android drifted about aimlessly, having no sense of purpose because of her lack of name. She didn't even know what color clothes to wear. After several hours of indecision, her default programming kicked in and selected something in a nice taupe - which, as everyone knows, is the average color of the French mole.

He did not greet his guests in a flamboyant manner. He did not entertain. He did not juggle, nor swallow the flaming sword.

He even resisted making some sort of bad "Show me the money!" reference. Which is a good thing, as it was later pointed out that the previous night's victim was not
Jerry Maguire

And it was morning, and it was... well, still morning. The seventh day.

Sarcastro (Barry McGuire, Innocent) has been murdered. It is Day 7. It will take 3 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:02 am

Post by Talitha »

Barry McGuire? FOS: Sarcastro :wink:

My current condorcet would consist of Setael [...big gap here...], IH [...big gap here...], everyone else.

Also, the gift giver lives. More about that later.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I agree with Setael being candidate #1 right now. I would really like to hear more about this gift giving - I am not doing it and I still have not received anything either.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:05 am

Post by Setael »

First of all, I'm the gift giver. No one accepted from CES, and Sarcastro was the first to accept since I replaced in. As Talitha hinted at, last night I chose her since she seems the most obvtown to me at this point. (If I accidentally choose mafia to give a gift to, they can also receive an action that would help them). I didn't claim it yesterday because after Sarc was given a daykill I knew I would be the NK target for it and I wanted to be able to give at least one more gift before that happens.

Second, @Talitha & DP: you're both wrong, and I think one of you already knows it. I admit I've been a horrible scum hunter in this game, but if I was scum there's no way I would have defended BOTH Zindaras and Silent Lee the way I did - that doesn't even make sense as scum play. I was wrong about alignments, but I'm not scum. In fact, I'd expect the real scum to attack me for not voting Silent Lee, since I am now officially the easy wagon.

I think Talitha is practically confirmed town due to her making sure SiLee got lynched. That leaves DP as my top suspect. I definitely need to reread for a full overhaul, since every conclusion I've come to this game has been wrong. Don't expect a vote from me anytime soon.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:17 am

Post by Gaspar »

Pfeh.

The role ability is proven, obviously, but there is never any reason to lie about your role if you're town, especially during a massclaim.

Some questions:
What were your targets, night-by-night, and what are rough paraphrases of the messages you sent each one?
What is the flavor behind your role? Are you still Leon S. Peters, or did you lie about your character name as well?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”