Mini 533: Something wicked this way comes! Game over!

YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:16 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

vote: ZeekLTK

For being attached to me in the first post. :D
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:51 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

vote: Quickben

He was so eager to start the game that he didn't even wait for the mod to give the signal. Why would he be so exited? Did he perhaps receive the role of mafia for the first time?
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Disciple Slayer »

Unvote

Vote: MichelSableheart

It said Day 1 in the title so we assumed we could post already. Besides, the reason you gave is such a bullshit reason. I mean, come on. It's the start of the random voting stage and you're already trying to put suspicion on someone for being the first to post? Jeez.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:43 am

As you said, it's still the random voting stage. In my opinion, any reason is better then none at this moment. Was my reason rubbish? Definately. Was my reason the worsed given so far? Definately not.

What's most interesting, though, is that it's you who is attacking me. I expected people to ask me about my vote being the second vote on someone. I didn't expect that the person who I was following would unvote immediately.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:38 am

It's definitely the worst reason given so far. Trying to insinuate that he's mafia just because he voted first and before the mod officially started the day? That's scummy.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Qman »

Vote Count the First

Disciple Slayer
- 1 (
Quickben
)
Quickben
- 1 (
MichelSableheart
)
MichelSableheart
- 1 (
Disciple
Slayer
)
Petunho
- 1 (
OhGodMyLife
)
OhMyGodLife
- 1 (
Petunho
)
Soupfly
- 1 (
ZeekLTK
)
ZeekLTK
- 1 (
YvonneSeer
)

Not Voting
- 5 (
geraintm, gipsy, Lowell, SensFan, soupfly)

7 to lynch
Last edited by Qman on Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:05 pm

Mod, can you put in a list of people not voting in your vote counts?

MOD EDIT: Done, sorry about that.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:13 pm

I strongly disagree with you there. It might be that he was so quick to get in the game because he is interested in this game because he is mafia. Extremely unlikely, I admit, but more likely then that, for example, Zeek would be scum because the mod forgot to put an enter between Yvonne's name and his. My reason has a better chance of indicating scum, and is therefore better.

The main goal of the random voting stage is to get discussion started. The best way to do that, in my opinion, is to choose a reason for your random vote that actually can be discussed. Something that actually has a little relevance to the game. Preferably something that might imply someone as scum.

You say that my reason is the worst reason given so far. Can you please explain why you believe that 'because there is a chance that he is mafia, since he seems very eager to start the game' is a worse reason for a random vote then 'an OMGUS for being so quick'?
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:35 pm

In the joke vote stage, your votes are purely that: jokes. However, your vote doesn't seem to be a joke at all, thus my vote on you. The chances of your reasons being accurate are very low.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:38 pm

MichelSableheart wrote:It might be that he was so quick to get in the game because he is interested in this game because he is mafia.
That is
such
a bullshit reason.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by SensFan »

Disciple Slayer wrote:In the joke vote stage, your votes are purely that: jokes. However, your vote doesn't seem to be a joke at all, thus my vote on you. The chances of your reasons being accurate are very low.
You're not getting it. On a random vote, you have (assuming 3 baddies), a 3/11 chance of hitting anti-town. On a vote like his, he has a 3.00000000001/11 chance of hitting scum. It's not a SIGNIFICANT vote, but its better than random.

(NOTE: I made up numbers for the sake of the argument)
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by QuickBen »

Where I come from that's called Craplogic and its a scumtell.

Since we seem to have moved on from randomvoting, I'll

unvote

Until someone pings my scumdar more strongly, I'll

vote MichelSableheart

Or it could be that I've been waiting for this game to start and check all the games I'm in throughout the day. (And yes, I am putting a second vote on you.)
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:24 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

I think Sableheart was just looking for a reason to put a vote on someone during the opening part of the game without just randomly picking a name at large from the list. I don't think he is convinced that QuickBen is mafia by any stretch.

In fact, Sabelheart even admitted that he's not: "Was my reason rubbish? Definately."

I don't see how this is scummy and I wonder why DS is trying to make such a big deal out of it...

unvote; vote Disciple Slayer
Tigers ate my signature.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:49 pm

Where do I make a big deal of it?

My current read of you is possible scum trying to jump on something that isn't even that big a deal. His reasons are shitty and chock-full of craplogic, but that doesn't mean he's automatically worthy of being lynched.

UNVOTE

VOTE: ZEEKLTK
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:44 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Unvote: Petunho

Vote: Disciple Slayer

Don't like the OMGUS vote you just placed at all.

Sableheart's first vote was iffy, but your attack on him for it was rushed and the logic was very tenuous.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:49 pm

You trying to start a bandwagon there? I'm the guy initiating discussion and you vote for me? Fair enough, people make mistakes, but your wagoning is noted.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:49 pm

SensFan summarized my opinion well. My vote wasn't a joke. My vote wasn't random either. It was an arbitrary vote on what might be a scumtell to get discussion started. Because discussion has started now:
Unvote: QuickBen

Disciple Slayer is indeed starting discussion. Thank you for that. I just find it odd that he asks OGML about putting on a second vote, but made no remarks about either mine or QuickBen's vote being second votes too.

Most noticable at this point in time, however, is the connection between QuickBen and Disciple Slayer. QuickBen random votes Disciple Slayer, Disciple Slayer places and OMGUS. As soon as a second player votes for QuickBen, Disciple Slayer unvotes and starts voting that person. Then, QuickBen unvotes to follow the vote made by Disciple Slayer. Those are a lot of interactions for the random voting stage.
Petunho
Petunho
Goon
Petunho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:11 am

Post by Petunho »

So randomstage is over.
Unvote: OhGodMyLife

In my eye MichelSableheart's vote was only a vote to get discussion started (and like he said the reason was rubbish) and it's no reason to get so aggressive against him. This is why I also see Disciple Slayer's attack a bit too exaggerated but it's still no reason to start bandwagoning him.

MichelSableheart made a good point when he said that there's clear activity between Disciple Slayer and QuickBen. It's good to keep this early link between them in mind in the future. This said, no-one isn't worthy of my vote yet.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:35 am

Post by geraintm »

vote ZeekLTK

cause i said i'd vote for teh 4th person who voted.
i'll have to go round now and see what everyone is getting so uppity about...

and to let people know, i am unlikely to ever post at the weekend over the coruse of this game.
Can i ask at this early stage what is likely to happen over the xmas period?
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:55 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Aww, random voting is over? Even though some players have yet to post since the game started.

FoS lurkers

No more 'hidden message' from the mod in the first post? :P

unvote: ZeekLTK

vote: soupfly

A little pressure voting to bring out the lurkers.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Lowell »

vote zeek
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Disciple Slayer wrote:Where do I make a big deal of it?
Well....
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Unvote

Vote: MichelSableheart

It said Day 1 in the title so we assumed we could post already. Besides, the reason you gave is such a bullshit reason. I mean, come on. It's the start of the random voting stage and you're already trying to put suspicion on someone for being the first to post? Jeez.
Disciple Slayer wrote:It's definitely the worst reason given so far. Trying to insinuate that he's mafia just because he voted first and before the mod officially started the day? That's scummy.
Disciple Slayer wrote:In the joke vote stage, your votes are purely that: jokes. However, your vote doesn't seem to be a joke at all, thus my vote on you. The chances of your reasons being accurate are very low.
Disciple Slayer wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:It might be that he was so quick to get in the game because he is interested in this game because he is mafia.
That is
such
a bullshit reason.
The guy made an off-handed comment for his vote and you make FOUR posts about it within a short period of time (about 5 hours). I would say that is "making a big deal of it".

And why? If you are town, okay maybe you would note that it was an odd comment (if you thought it was), but there is nothing to gain FOR THE TOWN by jumping on him like you do.

If you are mafia you are probably looking for the first thing to start a bandwagon against a townie and apparently you thought this was it and jumped on it.

It's even more suspicious because instead of sticking with your original argument you change your tune as soon as you as questioned and drop your vote immediately.
My current read of you is possible scum trying to jump on something that isn't even that big a deal. His reasons are shitty and chock-full of craplogic, but that doesn't mean he's automatically worthy of being lynched.

UNVOTE
What??? This last sentence doesn't make sense to me. Who are you telling that to? I already know that it doesn't mean we should lynch Sabel... that's why I didn't vote for him. So who are you trying to persuade here? QuickBen? Yourself?
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:06 pm

You obviously don't know me or my playing style. I'm an aggressive player, and I don't consider that making a big deal. There's lots of things to be gained for taking note of it. One of them is sparking discussion quickly, which is what we need. After discussion was sparked, I shifted my vote to someone I found more suspicious: you.

You are trying to make a case built on nothing, whereas I have initiated discussion. With this in mind, I am being much more pro-town than you are right now. In fact, you strike me as scummy, hence my vote on you. I see you trying to make a connection between myself and Quickben, but I see no such connection.
ZeekLTK wrote:If you are mafia you are probably looking for the first thing to start a bandwagon against a townie and apparently you thought this was it and jumped on it.
The reverse is also true. You notice a townie initiating discussion, and you see it as a potential bandwagon that you are now trying to push.

CONFIRM VOTE: ZEEKLTK

Lurkers need to post.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Disciple Slayer wrote:You obviously don't know me or my playing style. I'm an aggressive player, and I don't consider that making a big deal. There's lots of things to be gained for taking note of it. One of them is sparking discussion quickly, which is what we need. After discussion was sparked, I shifted my vote to someone I found more suspicious: you.

You are trying to make a case built on nothing, whereas I have initiated discussion. With this in mind, I am being much more pro-town than you are right now. In fact, you strike me as scummy, hence my vote on you. I see you trying to make a connection between myself and Quickben, but I see no such connection.
I love how you were attacking Sabelheart for doing everything you just tried to say you were doing.
MichelSabelheart wrote:The main goal of the random voting stage is to get discussion started. The best way to do that, in my opinion, is to choose a reason for your random vote that actually can be discussed. Something that actually has a little relevance to the game. Preferably something that might imply someone as scum.
You called him out for saying this and said his reason was "such bullshit".

Now you are using everything he said as your defense. lol

Also you are making stuff up. I NEVER said anything about a connection, that was Sabelheart.
MichelSabelheart wrote:Most noticable at this point in time, however, is the connection between QuickBen and Disciple Slayer. QuickBen random votes Disciple Slayer, Disciple Slayer places and OMGUS. As soon as a second player votes for QuickBen, Disciple Slayer unvotes and starts voting that person. Then, QuickBen unvotes to follow the vote made by Disciple Slayer. Those are a lot of interactions for the random voting stage.
Seems to me like you are panicking now (making up stuff and using a defense that you were critical of when another player used it)... I'm going to leave my vote.

You say I "strike you as scummy"...

I have made three posts before this, one was a random vote, one that cast doubt upon your motives for attacking an off-handed comment made by another player, and a third which followed up on the second post. Please tell me how this is "scummy".

In fact, your whole argument is that I am treating you like you treated MichelSabelheart. If you don't think you were scummy then how can you possible think I am scummy for doing the same thing you did? You can't.

You are just voting against me because I voted for you. And contrary to what you might think, OMGUS is not pro-town.

-----

Also interesting to note that Lowell just randomly jumped on the bandwagon, at vote #3, for no particular reason. Care to explain?
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:27 pm

ZeekLTK wrote:I love how you were attacking Sabelheart for doing everything you just tried to say you were doing.
My reasons aren't bullshit. There's a difference.
ZeekLTK wrote:Also you are making stuff up. I NEVER said anything about a connection, that was Sabelheart.
My mistake then.
ZeekLTK wrote:Seems to me like you are panicking now (making up stuff and using a defense that you were critical of when another player used it)... I'm going to leave my vote.
I'm starting discussion. However, I don't use bullshit reasons.
ZeekLTK wrote:You say I "strike you as scummy"...

I have made three posts before this, one was a random vote, one that cast doubt upon your motives for attacking an off-handed comment made by another player, and a third which followed up on the second post. Please tell me how this is "scummy".

In fact, your whole argument is that I am treating you like you treated MichelSabelheart. If you don't think you were scummy then how can you possible think I am scummy for doing the same thing you did? You can't.
Wrong. My argument is that you are voting me for all the wrong reasons. I'm starting discussion, and I'm not using craplogic. You attacked me for putting the spotlight on a comment that struck me as odd. Then you continued to make a case against me despite the fact that I've done nothing but contribute to the town.
ZeekLTK wrote:You are just voting against me because I voted for you. And contrary to what you might think, OMGUS is not pro-town.
It's not OMGUS. I think you're scummy.

I don't mind getting lynched today as long as it convinces the rest of the town to lynch Zeek on D2, that's how much I think Zeek is scum. I think the lynch of a townie is a fair trade for the lynch of a scumbag.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”