Mini 1856 - This Mafia Game is for pieguyn (Game Over)

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

No mass claim @aero. Just a hood, a backup ic and a nurse. Nit sure if beeboy/pisskop mason bit was serious or not.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1548, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 1545, mhsmith0 wrote:The two of you shitting up the thread is bothering me and I think everyone else. So just move on.
I was moving on until he started provoking me again :<
Then ignore him. Let him have the last word since you're not getting lynched today anyway
Do it for me.
Show
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 1551, mhsmith0 wrote:Then ignore him. Let him have the last word since you're not getting lynched today anyway
Do it for me.
But he's scum...
Like I literally cant believe beeboy's town and just trying to anger and provoke and trying to find every single mistake i make.
If he's town this game he's pissing me off so bad im never playing with him again.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by pieguyn »

this setup seems to be pretty obviously role madness. setup speculation based around this being anything that is not role madness should cease and desist, and so should any form of "not lynching this because this person is a PR", including what seems to have happened with drealz.

vote: dwlee
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1552, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 1551, mhsmith0 wrote:Then ignore him. Let him have the last word since you're not getting lynched today anyway
Do it for me.
But he's scum...
Like I literally cant believe beeboy's town and just trying to anger and provoke and trying to find every single mistake i make.
If he's town this game he's pissing me off so bad im never playing with him again.
Here's the thing. If he's scum and provoking you, ignoring him will make it obvious that he's just provoking you for no good reason. Right now it just looks like a mutual pissing match. If you essentially put him on mute, then he CANT keep going after you without it being obvious to everyone.

So that's an approach that's helpful to you (by making his behavior obvious to others) and to the rest of us (by drastically cutting down the thread clutter). So try it for the next 48 hours. If you get wagoned or something you can change it up but if you stick to this I really don't think that's any kind of likely in the near future.
Show
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 1553, pieguyn wrote:this setup seems to be pretty obviously role madness. setup speculation based around this being anything that is not role madness should cease and desist, and so should any form of "not lynching this because this person is a PR", including what seems to have happened with drealz.

vote: dwlee
What do you think of my Tit for Tat speculation.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Like i literally called everyone to comment on it and only Varsoon did :<
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1556, Luna Fox wrote:Like i literally called everyone to comment on it and only Varsoon did :<
I don't really have that much experience w role madness setups. It seems a bit odd for scum to have multiple fake claim roles in a non flavor game, which means that pies claim seems likely to either be a ballsy gamble, a troll role given to scum (backup ic in a game with no ic) or an actual role.

Dreals claim seems like it ought to be real, although I suppose it could be a game that's multi-ball, vig, and/or sk with some level of doc protection given to scum. Wouldn't really want to lynch either one d1 though.
Show
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 1554, mhsmith0 wrote: Here's the thing. If he's scum and provoking you, ignoring him will make it obvious that he's just provoking you for no good reason.
like I did with varsoon, ya?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

bednow
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1502, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1492, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1487, Wisdom wrote:Her play is all shrug this and shrug that and calling cakez town and varsoon scum based on nothing
this is total bullshit too
She's said like 10x as much as wisdom about those reads
yeah because more words = more town clearly
She's talked less and said more maybe?

Edited to fix format. Make sure you check that "Disable BBCode" is unchecked on full posting screen.
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 1557, mhsmith0 wrote:I don't really have that much experience w role madness setups. It seems a bit odd for scum to have multiple fake claim roles in a non flavor game, which means that pies claim seems likely to either be a ballsy gamble, a troll role given to scum (backup ic in a game with no ic) or an actual role.
Tit for Tat is an Open game where Town has a backup of a role scum has and scum has a backup of a role town has.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1502, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1492, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1487, Wisdom wrote:Her play is all shrug this and shrug that and calling cakez town and varsoon scum based on nothing
this is total bullshit too
She's said like 10x as much as wisdom about those reads
yeah because more words = more town clearly
In post 1507, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 1489, SirCakez wrote:he literally said he thought pies claim was town like two pages ago
Because backup IC would be an absurd scum fakeclaim
Really:
In post 1186, Wisdom wrote:if it wasnt for her claim id be thinking pie is scum
This is the first sign of scumreading pie for her play, yet letting her off due to her claim.
In post 1355, Wisdom wrote:cakez/aero/pie?

or maybe luna instead of pie
And he started including her in his scumpool here.

So no, Wisdom isnt doing what you're saying he's doing.
I had a post saying I agreed with cakez but this changes things
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1561, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 1557, mhsmith0 wrote:I don't really have that much experience w role madness setups. It seems a bit odd for scum to have multiple fake claim roles in a non flavor game, which means that pies claim seems likely to either be a ballsy gamble, a troll role given to scum (backup ic in a game with no ic) or an actual role.
Tit for Tat is an Open game where Town has a backup of a role scum has and scum has a backup of a role town has.
Yes, it's a game that exists (I got a super cheap win in it recently). I don't know how typical closed role madness setups work in this respect though. Like, it's conceivable I guess that one or both backup roles are fake, but it's to me something to keep in the back of my mind, as opposed to a major/immediate priority. Do you think that sorting those claims should be an urgent issue?
Show
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1460, Luna Fox wrote:Besides,
Haven't you ever played tit for tat? it's entirely possible there's a scum doctor that if we kill drealmerz becomes a doctor.
And considering we have 2 backups already (tho i dont think a scum GC is likely unless it's there entirely for the purpose of triggering the backup IC if they dont trigger their GC).
The fuck? A) that's a JK and B) in order for scum doc to be useful a vig/SK needs to be present
<Embrace The Void>

Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 1563, mhsmith0 wrote:Do you think that sorting those claims should be an urgent issue?
Not urgent per se, but at least it means it makes sense
if
the claims so far are town. I've always learned to look at claims from both sides, so im trying to figure out if the claims we have so far make sense (disregarding the current neighborhood thing since anything could be in there).
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 1564, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1460, Luna Fox wrote:Besides,
Haven't you ever played tit for tat? it's entirely possible there's a scum doctor that if we kill drealmerz becomes a doctor.
And considering we have 2 backups already (tho i dont think a scum GC is likely unless it's there entirely for the purpose of triggering the backup IC if they dont trigger their GC).
The fuck? A) that's a JK and B) in order for scum doc to be useful a vig/SK needs to be present
That's not the point i was trying to make.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1565, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 1563, mhsmith0 wrote:Do you think that sorting those claims should be an urgent issue?
Not urgent per se, but at least it means it makes sense
if
the claims so far are town. I've always learned to look at claims from both sides, so im trying to figure out if the claims we have so far make sense (disregarding the current neighborhood thing since anything could be in there).
Without knowing all the roles, and how trolly the mod wants to be, I don't really know. I'm afraid I don't have much insight into how much sense it makes. I dont even know what kind of roles/setup would be most trolly towards pie since that seems to be kind of the point of the game.
Show
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1552, Luna Fox wrote:Like I literally cant believe beeboy's town and just trying to anger and provoke and trying to find every single mistake i make.
frankly, I'm with Luna on this.

beeboy, the way you're approaching this has gone beyond all reason. Luna is really, really obviously not scum, and I cannot believe that you can't see that even if you *are* right and she somehow is scum that pushing her is completely unproductive; she isn't getting lynched and all you're doing here is perpetuating this huge shitfight you two have going on that is flooding the thread with noise and making it exhausting to read. you have got so caught up in your mutual push on her that you're losing sight of what's actually happening: that she is displaying incredibly genuine frustration towards you and an incredibly genuine deep-seeded-to-the-point-that-it-consumes-her-entire-self belief that you are scum. I get that Luna is capable of being a really fucking dangerous scum player and I get that you think you have to shut her down right the fuck now or she won't ever be shut down. I was hesitant over my read on her for the same reason, but the reality is... she just isn't scum.

you have a town read on me. if you're town, please just fucking work with me here and set this aside from the time being; I am sure that if you do this and quit provoking Luna in every fucking post, it will become a lot more clear what your motivations actually are and she will come to realize what is going on.

Luna, I 100% agree with you that the way that beeboy is approaching the read on you is incredibly stupid, but I am almost positive that this is just him having gone into his crazy-tunnel mode that he has a tendency to do. I'm telling you this as a close friend, not a mafia player. if he reads this and ignores me, then OK, you might actually be right that he's doing it deliberately and I will help you lynch him into the fucking ground (beeboy, take note of this), but I *really* do not think that is what is going on here. I think it's what I said: that he's caught up in his read on you and he's paranoid that he needs to stop you right the fuck now or you'll neutralize him and go on to wreck the entire game. I've been there before, I have felt it, and trust me, it can cause people to go pretty fucking insane; I am sure that you have felt it too and it's a very good thing to have that skepticism *when* the person in question is actually scum, but when they're town it often leads to situations exactly like this.

so, just for now, can you please just put this to rest for a few days? we can come back to it if it's still a problem then, but I *really* hope that at the very least that beeboy will listen to me if he's town and then we can talk about it with no distractions.

please?

also (putting this into the same post) I think there's a very high chance your idea about tit-for-tat style role distribution is correct, just based on what I would expect GIF to do if he was to put a bunch of backup roles into the setup, but that is just speculation - I would not make any assumptions based around it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

A scum doc can also be used to fool gunsmiths or followers. I used it for that in my game. Also vigilante is kinda likely in a role madness. Scum doc seems plausible to me.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1570, Dwlee99 wrote:A scum doc can also be used to fool gunsmiths or followers. I used it for that in my game. Also vigilante is kinda likely in a role madness. Scum doc seems plausible to me.
That's not something I considered, thanks for that.
<Embrace The Void>

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Why is pie still scum reading me
I prefer they, thanks :)
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by beeboy »

@pie ok I will drop it.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1572, Dwlee99 wrote:Why is pie still scum reading me
i am not but at this point i largely just want to make all of {drealz, Varsoon, you, Aero, pisskop} dead and sort it out later. there is also the fact that my kindred spirit wants it

i feel almost certain about all of my strong town reads but besides that i do not feel good about my reads atm

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”