MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:50 am

Post by MariaR »

I feel like if I played this for more than 1 day I'd be more upset but I'm rather content
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:51 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 249, Grendel wrote:HOW CAN IMPLOSEN MAKE A POST LIKE THIS THEN ACTIVELY WORK AGIANST IT BY VOTING THE PERSON THAT _THIS_ POST SHOULD HAVE CLEARED???
You can ask him tomorrow.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Dierfire »

In post 248, Grendel wrote:@Dierfire

Great job defending yourself?

I mean, I wasn't much better, but...
Ha ha, that's fair!

It's easier for me to fight my lynch when I have a good idea which player is actually Mafia, though. It's not very compelling to say "I'm not Mafia but I don't know who is" and I wouldn't really expect any minds to change unless I had significant objective evidence to support my Town alignment.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by boring »

I think implosion spent too much time trying to lynch me. His tunnel-vision stopped him from seeing much else in the game. So he could either go back and read 100+ pages, or go off memory. That's always going to favor the deep wolf (i.e. Prism) if you play more by gut than fact.

Of course, if you're not playing by gut, you're not going to nail slimey mo'fo's like me.

My point is, there's no "I" in team, but there is an "i" in pizza, so I don't have to share....
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by boring »

I'm nominating Prism for MVP win or lose.

Speaking of which, I'm looking for recruits for his cheer squad. Signup in thread.

#teamprism
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by MariaR »

Prism only made it this far because of his threaten to sub out tbh
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Prism for MVP yeah right.
Let's threaten to get replaced to get town read and make the other guy replace out by say BS about another player because he was the only one scum reading you.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 255, MariaR wrote:Prism only made it this far because of his threaten to sub out tbh
This. It was a douche move.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 256, Shadow_step wrote:Let's threaten to get replaced to get town read and make the other guy replace out by say BS about another player because he was the only one scum reading you.
I've said this before, but apparently I need to say it again.

Prism legit wanted to replace. He wanted to replace out because the game stopped being fun. The game stopped being fun because you were an insufferable asshole, and he knew that he couldn't waste the nightkill on you because you were useless to the town.

You replaced out because you couldn't handle that town wouldn't cooperate with you. Town wouldn't cooperate with you because you were a hostile jerk, and you proved your lack of value when it came to evaluating the game by calling two ascetics bastard all of day one and day two, as well as just being generally uncooperative and dickish toward people in the game.

Can you at least
TRY
to learn a little humility here? Like, any at all?

So yeah, #teamprism.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by podoboq »

Also, yeah, if Prism was fake replacing as a gambit, I'd postgame modkill him, or whatever punitive action I would be allowed to take. It's gaming the system, and it's unfair.

He wasn't seeking to game the system, though. He wanted to leave, and for completely understandable reasons. People shouldn't be forced to play games that other players make insufferable.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 259, podoboq wrote:Also, yeah, if Prism was fake replacing as a gambit, I'd postgame modkill him, or whatever punitive action I would be allowed to take. It's gaming the system, and it's unfair.

He wasn't seeking to game the system, though. He wanted to leave, and for completely understandable reasons. People shouldn't be forced to play games that other players make insufferable.
So he said to you. Doesn't make it the truth.

Replacements for reasons other than real life situations are crap, IMO.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 260, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 259, podoboq wrote:Also, yeah, if Prism was fake replacing as a gambit, I'd postgame modkill him, or whatever punitive action I would be allowed to take. It's gaming the system, and it's unfair.

So he said to you. Doesn't make it the truth.

Replacements for reasons other than real life situations are crap, IMO.
So he said to the entire Mafia PT, and as somebody who's been following along, and who was also infuriated at points, it read it as entirely genuine.
Last edited by podoboq on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

K. Doesn't invalidate point 2.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 262, PenguinPower wrote:K. Doesn't invalidate point 2.
Mafia's supposed to be fun. The second it stops being fun, I understand replacing out.

If you get bored by games easily, you shouldn't join them in the first place, but if you find yourself in the middle of one without the attention span to do it justice, replace.
If you get annoyed by other players easily, learn to cope with it, or stop playing. He learned to cope with it, and had a very small and very fast outburst. Seems fine to me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If you have to post game modkill Prism the town should have this counted as a win, since he was the last scum.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

...that impacted the reads of players in the game. If you rage to the point of replacing out...do it. Internalize it until you decide, and then decide. He waffled and he brought it in game.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 264, Gamma Emerald wrote:If you have to post game modkill Prism the town should have this counted as a win, since he was the last scum.
Nah...if town can't win this, we earned the loss no matter the reason.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 264, Gamma Emerald wrote:If you have to post game modkill Prism the town should have this counted as a win, since he was the last scum.
I don't need to, because he committed absolutely no offense. If town loses the game because they thought the replace request was alignment indicative, they deserve to lose.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 265, PenguinPower wrote:...that impacted the reads of players in the game.
Everything you do impacts the reads of players in the game, and everything you do in this game stems from emotion. The problem with a hypothetical replace-gambit is that if I begin responding to it, the gamestate becomes irreparable. He rescinded it in the middle of the night, thirty minutes after making it. If I had started replacing him, he'd be gone, but I didn't see it until several hours later, so no damage was caused. Again, if town is going to use that as some way to read his alignment, that's on them.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by MariaR »

It's one of those things were I would just keep my mouth shut I don't think he had any ill intent it just really sucks
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 268, podoboq wrote:
In post 265, PenguinPower wrote:...that impacted the reads of players in the game.
Everything you do impacts the reads of players in the game, and everything you do in this game stems from emotion. The problem with a hypothetical replace-gambit is that if I begin responding to it, the gamestate becomes irreparable. He rescinded it in the middle of the night, thirty minutes after making it. If I had started replacing him, he'd be gone, but I didn't see it until several hours later, so no damage was caused. Again, if town is going to use that as some way to read his alignment, that's on them.
I wasn't, and I'm not, suggesting that you should have/should do anything. And, as I said above, if town loses, we deserve to.

My comment(s) are entirely about, and to, Prism.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 269, MariaR wrote:It's one of those things were I would just keep my mouth shut I don't think he had any ill intent it just really sucks
I agree. I think it was irresponsible. I don't believe, however, that it was damaging to the game state in any meaningful way. It just had the potential to be.
In post 270, PenguinPower wrote:I wasn't, and I'm not, suggesting that you should have/should do anything. And, as I said above, if town loses, we deserve to.

My comment(s) are entirely about, and to, Prism.
That's fair. I'll let him speak for himself when the game is over. I think it's fair to take offense to his replace request, but I wanted to set the record straight that it was not a gambit, and that if it were, I would not have simply allowed it.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by boring »

@Shadow - No, as podoboq already stated, that was genuine. He asked for a sub out in the mafia thread too. I figured you would be forcibly replaced, if you kept it up much longer. This is a game. We play for the fun and the challenge of it. Dealing with someone so erratic, aggressive, and petulant isn't anyone's idea of "fun" (regardless of alignment).

It all worked out for town, though. I don't think you would have pulled off my lynch. Black Void got the job done neatly.

P-edit! Wow, ninja'd hard.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 272, boring wrote:@Shadow - No, as podoboq already stated, that was genuine. He asked for a sub out in the mafia thread too. I figured you would be forcibly replaced, if you kept it up much longer. This is a game. We play for the fun and the challenge of it. Dealing with someone so erratic, aggressive, and petulant isn't anyone's idea of "fun" (regardless of alignment).

It all worked out for town, though. I don't think you would have pulled off my lynch. Black Void got the job done neatly.

Force replacing Shadow_step was never on the table. He never broke any of the site rules, no matter how hardheaded he was.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by boring »

In post 273, podoboq wrote:
In post 272, boring wrote:@Shadow - No, as podoboq already stated, that was genuine. He asked for a sub out in the mafia thread too. I figured you would be forcibly replaced, if you kept it up much longer. This is a game. We play for the fun and the challenge of it. Dealing with someone so erratic, aggressive, and petulant isn't anyone's idea of "fun" (regardless of alignment).

Force replacing Shadow_step was never on the table. He never broke any of the site rules, no matter how hardheaded he was.
Fair enough. I'm not super familiar with site rules. I'm just thinking from the perspective of forum modding in general.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”