.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:19 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Um...why would I vote you if you being scum relied on TB being scum? Bad logic.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:20 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I have to say, your reaction to that question was quite interesting.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:22 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 245, PenguinPower wrote:@NN:

1.) His specific comments around RVS ending, and the ensuing interaction. Easy to find.
2.) Why do you feel it's not distancing?
3.) TB called is a policy lynch with no comment about scumminess. Later stated his that he had a scum read, but did not elaborate. How is that not scummy?
4.) Why would town want to appear scummy?
5.) I'm not sure if you don't get it, or don't
want
to get it since I was pretty clear. TB screwed up his counting of the votes which specifically left out SAJ's vote, but counted everyone elses (which meant a lynch). He then proceeded to unvote. I think that was done to try and get towncred.
6.) So? Where's his explanation of a scumread that he previously said he had...none. Back to policy lynch forgoing his scumread claim.
7.) TB is fairly new. So....yes.

nn hard defending his scumbuddy? Lynch nn/TB for the win?

p-edit

TB's been here for a bit over two months, and has what....1 or 2 completed games?
1) I find these an attempt at discussion. NAI
2) Gut. Same as your reason for believing it to be distancing.
3) Townie's can do this.
4) He doesn't care about being town read is what I'm saying. It's not that he WANTS to appear scummy, it's that he isn't intentionally trying to cover his tracks.
5) There's an easier explanation - he screwed up the vote count. Use Occam's razor.
6) The reasons for scum reading Josh had been beaten to death. He didn't need to add his opinion to the consensus pile.
7) Fine.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:25 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 249, PenguinPower wrote:So, we shouldn't look at any associative interactions between flipped scum and players of unknown roles. Cool...you have fun with that.
For the purposes of a discussion of TB, that's exactly what I'm saying. Do not insinuate that the scope of my reasoning goes beyond this, please.

I think that TB's interactions with Dreamer make TB townier.
You think that TB's interactions with Dreamer make him scummier.

We're beating our heads against a wall continuing that conversation.

I'm asking you to move into unclaimed territory (TB's other posts) and convince me there. I don't really have an opinion on the rest of that so you have more opportunity to convince me THERE than by trying to convince me that Dreamer's interactions with him make him scum.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:26 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 250, PenguinPower wrote:Um...why would I vote you if you being scum relied on TB being scum? Bad logic.
That was the very logic you put in your post.

We both have to be scum for your question to be correct.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Dark Horse »

So you think that uzi is more likely scum than TB?
Yep, hence the vote. For your points, I don't think he should get credit for unvoting. Notice that right before he unvoted, Pine (a dominant force in this thread and likely town) voted dreal for trying to keep the wagon alive. His unvote could easily be him trying to stay out of the hot seat.

I feel like town would be more likely to screw up a votecount than scum. Screwing up a votecount that badly is something that'll get people looking at you, which isn't something that noob scum would want. Noob scum would almost certainly be more careful
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:27 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 252, nn30 wrote:5) There's an easier explanation - he screwed up the vote count. Use Occam's razor.
Sorry, but this irritates me. Just because there is an easier explanation, does not mean that it's the correct one. That is not the intent of Occam's Razor - which seems to be so widely misapplied.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:28 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 254, nn30 wrote:
In post 250, PenguinPower wrote:Um...why would I vote you if you being scum relied on TB being scum? Bad logic.
That was the very logic you put in your post.

We both have to be scum for your question to be correct.
No. TB can be scum without you...hence why my vote is on TB.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:29 am

Post by nn30 »

@Town - I found a bad guy in Penguin. Help me out here, let's string him up.

p-edit - @Dark Horse - all fair points. I'll move LUV to null for now. I'm more interested in Penguin at the moment and would be more than happy to entertain a LUV discussion at a later point.

I also agree - screwing up the vote count is not something scum is likely to do.

pp-edit - @Penguin - you're more than allowed to be irritated! However your entire case on TB is based on choosing the harder explanation which, in my eyes, invalidates your case.

I am not misapplying Occam's razor.

ppp-edit -
In post 245, PenguinPower wrote:nn hard defending his scumbuddy? Lynch nn/TB for the win?
Way to back track Penguin.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 255, Dark Horse wrote:
So you think that uzi is more likely scum than TB?
Yep, hence the vote. For your points, I don't think he should get credit for unvoting. Notice that right before he unvoted, Pine (a dominant force in this thread and likely town) voted dreal for trying to keep the wagon alive. His unvote could easily be him trying to stay out of the hot seat.

I feel like town would be more likely to screw up a votecount than scum. Screwing up a votecount that badly is something that'll get people looking at you, which isn't something that noob scum would want. Noob scum would almost certainly be more careful
I feel like i'm in the twilight zone.

Can anyone actually point out a real case that pine ran on day 1 and why it has merit?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:32 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 258, nn30 wrote:Way to back track Penguin.
How is that backtracking?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:34 am

Post by nn30 »

This:
In post 257, PenguinPower wrote:No. TB can be scum without you...hence why my vote is on TB.
Is backtracking from this:
In post 245, PenguinPower wrote:nn hard defending his scumbuddy? Lynch nn/TB for the win?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:37 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 259, Garmr wrote:Can anyone actually point out a real case that pine ran on day 1 and why it has merit?
We didn't really have any D1 cases other than Josh... So while your point that Pine didn't run any D1 cases with merit holds water, the same can be said of most of the town (since the only other 'case' was one on 1-shot vt and I believe that 'case' to be built on RVS nonsense).

I felt that my conversation with Pine about the no lynch vote was town motivated. Hence my town reading of him. Take a look for yourself. If you have a differing reading of that please let me know what I'm missing.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:40 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 261, nn30 wrote:This:
In post 257, PenguinPower wrote:No. TB can be scum without you...hence why my vote is on TB.
No, it's not. I independently scumread TB that was based on no involvement from you. My vote was on TB before any interaction with you. Why are you trying to misrep this?

You're taking a reaction test way to seriously, which makes me wonder if I really did hit too close to home now that you're trying to push me based on it.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Pine »

In post 244, nn30 wrote:
In post 243, Pine wrote:It's more Drealmerz's actions and general impressions than specific things about TB. However, Congratulating the Doc is a classic newbie scumslip though, and congratulating the Vig is an entirely fluent translation of that.
So I guess the question is how new is TB?

He's been here for over a year and has numerous completed games.

I think that means he's not going to make the 'newb scum slip'

Do you agree?
Join date 2.5 months ago, post count 368. That's about as vulnerable to newbie tells as you get.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:54 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 264, Pine wrote:
In post 244, nn30 wrote:
In post 243, Pine wrote:It's more Drealmerz's actions and general impressions than specific things about TB. However, Congratulating the Doc is a classic newbie scumslip though, and congratulating the Vig is an entirely fluent translation of that.
So I guess the question is how new is TB?

He's been here for over a year and has numerous completed games.

I think that means he's not going to make the 'newb scum slip'

Do you agree?
Join date 2.5 months ago, post count 368. That's about as vulnerable to newbie tells as you get.
You're absolutely correct.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:54 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 263, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 261, nn30 wrote:This:
No, it's not. I independently scumread TB that was based on no involvement from you. My vote was on TB before any interaction with you. Why are you trying to misrep this?

You're taking a reaction test way to seriously, which makes me wonder if I really did hit too close to home now that you're trying to push me based on it.
Now it's a reaction test too? Rather than a real read?

Not at all impressed here.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:58 am

Post by PenguinPower »

What do you mean "too?" Where did I state it was anything, except in that comment?

You're really trying to twist my words...
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

Hey, PP and NN, pull back a little bit, you two are starting to get tunnel vision for each other. I personally think PP is reading into TB too much and that leaves three possibilities. 1) PP is town and over analyzing TB which is town or 2) PP is scum and trying hard for a TB lynch which is a crazy move as scum because when TB is lynched and flips town PP is next or 3) PP is town and TB is scum and PP is adamant that TB is gone today.

I personally think TB is town and just wanted Joshz out because of a bad play he made, you know policy lynch and all.

Can we pull back though and look at other people too? PP, what opinions do you have on people other than TB and NN? NN, What opinions do you have on people other than TB and PP?
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Dark Horse »

PP is scum and trying hard for a TB lynch which is a crazy move as scum because when TB is lynched and flips town PP is next
What makes PP's push different enough from Pine's push that you'd suggest lining up PP next
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Jin, what opinions do you have on people other than TB, NN, and PP
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:07 am

Post by nn30 »

@Jin - please see my read list from .
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:37 am

In post 270, Dark Horse wrote:Jin, what opinions do you have on people other than TB, NN, and PP
Well, you are the closest i have to town read with Pine coming right behind that then Garmr. 1-Shot is a null read for me as is a few others. There hasnt been enough posts from people (that includes myself) outside of TB, NN, PP, Pine, Garmr and yourself. Its hard for me to develop reads on people that dont post much.
What makes PP's push different enough from Pine's push that you'd suggest lining up PP next
Well to me there isnt much of a difference though both look at him in different ways. Pine is more analytical about it where PP just seems like he is pushing more against both NN and TB. Though i did have three different ways PP could be viewed, i think PP is null, l because i havent decides if he closer to town than scum.

@NN I dont know how i missed your readslist when i seemed to have taken in all the rest of the game. I see it though and i agree that a few people do need to post a lot more including myself which i am trying to do now.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by nn30 »

Is nobody else seeing the merits of a PP scum read?

Really?
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:54 pm

In post 273, nn30 wrote:Is nobody else seeing the merits of a PP scum read?

Really?
Summarize why PP is scum

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”