Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:29 am

Post by Aimee »

Yay Woo Vote Count!

Battle Mage (3) – mandalorian, Gage, Albert B. Rampage
JordanA24 (1) -- Mastermind of Sin
Unright (1) -- curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog (1) -- Dragon Phoenix

Not Voting (7) -- richman99, Kakeng, Nekka-Lucifer, Unright, JordanA24, Porochaz, curiouskarmadog, pete d

Prodded: Albert B. Rampage, Gage, mandalorian, Unright

Kakeng and richman99 have approximately 24 hours to post or they will be replaced.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:05 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Aimee wrote:
Yay Woo Vote Count!

Battle Mage (3) – mandalorian, Gage, Albert B. Rampage
JordanA24 (1) -- Mastermind of Sin
Unright (1) -- curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog (1) -- Dragon Phoenix

Not Voting (7) -- richman99, Kakeng, Nekka-Lucifer, Unright, JordanA24, Porochaz, curiouskarmadog, pete d

Prodded: Albert B. Rampage, Gage, mandalorian, Unright

Kakeng and richman99 have approximately 24 hours to post or they will be replaced.
MOD, my vote hasnt been on unright since 11/04
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:55 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

asdf
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:01 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:asdf
?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:02 am

Post by Porochaz »

hes confirming hes picked up his prod
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Gage
Gage
Townie
Gage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:56 am

Post by Gage »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:asdf
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:01 am

Post by Porochaz »

K maybe we could say "picking up prod" or something...
Gage
Gage
Townie
Gage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Gage »

That wouldn't be interesting.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:20 am

Unvote, vote Jordan
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

^:goodposting:
Permanent V/LA.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by pete d »

Nekka wrote:Has BM finished his analysis' yet?
The answer is obviously no. There is no reason to ask this question.
vote: Nekka
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

MOS
: Looking at his posts, quite a lot of them, even after the random voting stage, has been almost useless to me. That or asking people to explain things, which, on it's own in posts, isn't that bad, but he hasn't really scumhunted that much IMO, or contributed his opinion to the game in general.

These are the only posts where he actually posts his opinion are these:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Jordan is stretching like a motherfucker. It is *NEVER* too early to be serious about lynching. Just because DP is willing to lynch a self-voter does not mean that he's trying rush the day, nor does it mean that he's willing to let everyone blindly bandwagon without giving their own opinions. You're bullshitting us this early? Nice try.

Unvote, Vote: Jordan

FoS: ABR
for following him.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:No, but I'm not DP. He has an established meta for hating self-voters. It's a nulltell, therefore you are stretching to try and make it seem like a scumtell.
I think both of these were pretty strong, I've never played with DP before, so how was I to know that was his playstyle?
Mastermind of Sin wrote:BM is probably protown. Only an idiot would try to lynch him at this point. *checks VC* Oh yeah...
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Thinking BM is scum based on those votes is a classic case of WIFOM overuse. In addition, I *do* think that BM would try a bit harder to control what he says as scum. At best, if you don't consider it a town tell, no one should consider it any more than a null tell. If it's a null tell, it should be ignored, so people should not be voting him. If you consider it a town tell, you should also not be voting him. Therefore, I see no logical reason for anyone to vote him based on the mason votes. I think it's pretty dumb to do otherwise.
These two posts are fair enough, but only 4 meaningful posts in a 13 page game and out of 16 total posts is pretty poor form.

Conclusion
: Needs to pick up the content of his posts, or I may be voting him.

Nekka-Lucifer
: Hmm, a few scummy posts here and there, such as these:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Yes. That's a good scum catching tactic...
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Yes, because independent thinking will get us no-where...
Cut him a bit of slack, he is a newbie after all, give him some helpful advice that could help him rather than throw a sarcastic comment at him. That's not going to encourage him to participate, is it?

And this:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:BM

I believe you have only analysed 6 people. This is a reminder. Next time will be a vote.
How is only analysing 6 people worthy of a vote? Especially if you said this in your last post:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:I smell a jester coming from BM which is incredibally ironic. *Looks to see where my vote lies*
And I've only done a half job so far in my analysis, why did I escape without being threatened with a vote?

Apart from this however, there isn't really anything which strikes my scumdar, and some of his posts give me a gut protown feel.

But that last post I highlighted does give me cause for concern, I'd appreciate if you explained it.

Conclusion
: Reasonably protown, pending his explaination to that post.

pete d/Sir Tornado
: Sir T made one post, which was a random vote.

pete d's first post seemed suspiciously indecisive in terms of votes/FOS's, one minor FOS after reading 10 and a half pages seems woefully lacking to me.

In his next post, he voted Nekka for the post I highlighted as scummy in the above analysis (the one where he threatened BM with a vote). Seems alright, until I got to
pete d wrote:It's another nothing post.

I don't agree with this point at all, Nekka has contributed a decent amount to the game IMO, saying he hasn't feels like you're streching for reasons to back up your vote.

In his next post, he FOS's Nekka and BM (taking the middle road in their argument), only they're not FOS's, they are "Minor FOS"'s and "Sort of FOS"'s. What's wrong with a simple FOS, or are you worried that you might get into an argument that results in votes on you and you being put in centre stage (i.e: Something that scums fear)

And finally, why is Nekka asking whether BM has finished his analysis yet worthy of a vote at all?

Conclusion
: Seems scummy so far, needs to pick up his act, or he may be voted.

I'll do the last 3 hopefully tomorrow, depending on how much coursework I have to do for school.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:21 pm

I'm open to voting pete d.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:02 pm

I like my vote.
Permanent V/LA.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:41 pm

Post by Porochaz »

why
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:57 pm

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

BM: If you're refering to the jester comment, I'm just saying that your scummy behaviour seems abit purpose. As for the second part, the next 2 lines of the post explain it.

If not, (I forgotten who my vote was on.)
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

EBWOP: I'm getting incredibally scummy signals from pete d. Why is there no need, might I ask. Questions keep up discussion. Just because you know that BM hasn't finished, does not mean that I know, and don't need prompting.
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:50 pm

Post by pete d »

Jordan (responses bolded) wrote:pete d's first post seemed suspiciously indecisive in terms of votes/FOS's, one minor FOS after reading 10 and a half pages seems woefully lacking to me.
Yeah, I'm finding it hard to get a strong read on anyone at the moment. Nobody has done anything extremely scummy yet, I think a minor FoS was appropriate in the situation

In his next post, he voted Nekka for the post I highlighted as scummy in the above analysis (the one where he threatened BM with a vote). Seems alright, until I got to

pete d wrote:
It's another nothing post.

I don't agree with this point at all, Nekka has contributed a decent amount to the game IMO, saying he hasn't feels like you're streching for reasons to back up your vote.
Read over Nekka's posts. I maintain that while Nekka has posted a fair bit, he hasn't really given much helpful contributions or suspicions (except for BM)

In his next post, he FOS's Nekka and BM (taking the middle road in their argument), only they're not FOS's, they are "Minor FOS"'s and "Sort of FOS"'s. What's wrong with a simple FOS, or are you worried that you might get into an argument that results in votes on you and you being put in centre stage (i.e: Something that scums fear).
Not really, like I said, I'm not getting a real strong read from anyone at the moment

And finally, why is Nekka asking whether BM has finished his analysis yet worthy of a vote at all?
It felt to me like he was trying to throw suspicion on BM. He didn't directly ask BM, he asked everyone, so it felt like a loaded question. Also, I had previously put on an FoS with reasons.
If it makes you feel better, I'd vote for CKD or Nekka atm, with BM one level down if you understand what I'm saying.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:39 am

Porochaz wrote:why
why not?
Permanent V/LA.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:35 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

*snores*
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:05 pm

Post by Aimee »

kakeng and richman99 are being replaced.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:42 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Porochaz
:
Porochaz wrote:K Im not sure I can post anything because I dont actually feel theres enough of a read on people yet. Will post when I have more time/when I see something scummy. (will have more time on Monday.)
What made you post this?

Up until the 11th November, he's wasn't very scummy at all IMO (if I had to complain, I'd say he kept out of the spotlight a bit), and was contributing, but after that, there is no content in his posts whatsoever. But if he rectifies this, I have no reason to find Poroshaz scummy yet.

Conclusion
: Kinda protown

Richman99
: 2 posts, 0 content, 1 replacement required.

Conclsuion
: No read.

Unright
: His "townies making jokes" post still strikes me as a slip, I'm not that convinced by his cover-up post at all.
Unright wrote:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Joking about produces responses. No responses means no info. ;)
I didn't say it didn't produce responses. I said it didn't produce useful responses.
WTH? The joking about/random vote phase gets the game started. In there, someone says something, someone disagrees and responds, and kaboom! You have a topic to discuss. Saying the joking stage doesn't do anything useful is ludicrous.
Unright wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Unright wrote:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Joking about produces responses. No responses means no info. ;)
I didn't say it didn't produce responses. I said it didn't produce useful responses.
it produced this thread of conversation...I, too, didnt like your use of the word "townies", almost implies you know what everyone joking were townies..slip up, this early? Hard to tell....lets move to the pressure stage.

what was your motivation behind letting us know you didnt like the random vote (joking) stage?
You answered your own question for me. I wanted to bring an abrupt end to the joking stage and move the game into the main stage. Jokey self-votes and meta-gaming votes are impossible to analyze. So now that we've all gotten it out of our system, let's actually begin playing this game.

Additionally, I realize that this move makes me a lightning rod for votes. That's fine. I've got no reason to shy away from them and it invites people to judge others on who is using good logic and who isn't.
What's wrong with just letting the game run it's natural course? At some point, someone will post a contraversial comment, possibly a scum, why did you decide to artificially end the random vote stage without us getting anything useful out of it (if you're town)
Unright wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Well I guess you did indeed end the random (joke) stage....since this stage bothers you, how do you normally start a game? Attack the random (joke) vote stage? If that stage wasnt there, what would you do?
I didn't say that I had a better plan or even that I have a different style. I said I realized why some people don't like it.

Look at posts 19-23. Nekka-Lucifer votes for himself, so Albert B. Rampage and Dragon Phoenix vote for Nekka (with DP listing his reason in quasi-jest(?)), then Battle Mage votes for Dragon Phoenix.

What can be learned from that sequence of events? Absolutely nothing. It's obvious that the voting isn't random, but is it serious? Who knows. The one thing I know is that confusion, chaos, and sarcasm will always help scum more than town. So if I can bring the random (joke) stage to a quick end, then I've eliminated a scum-advantage.
It's not true that nothing can be learnt from that series of events, BM jumping on Nekka's wagon, and then voting DP for voting Nekka, which is what he just did, kinda says to me that BM may have double standars, or that Nekka and BM may be scum-partners, BM was voting Nekka to distance, but as soon as a better target came up, DP, he voted him. BM will still be credited as voting Nekka at some point, but it wasn't for very long at all. The random vote stage gets the game started, trying to deny it is like trying to deny that the Earth exists.
Unright wrote:First of all, saying "townies" is not a scumtell. However, it was an open invitation to prod, so both CKD and Jordan were justified in questioning me and look townie for doing so.
So, saying "townies" is not a scumtell, but questioning someone saying it is not scummy either. How does that work?

I didn't agree with him keeping his vote on Gage, but, tbh, I think it's a pretty big towntell, I believe that a scum would have taken his vote right off a claimed mason, because they're trying to be careful, and not look like they're voting for townies, since a scum knows who's scum, assuming that Gage is infact a mason, then scum would know that Gage is a mason, and that his partner will clear him soon, so a scum, trying to look as townie as possible, will almost certainly take their vote off Gage.

I don't find anything too scummy in any posts after this.

Conclusion
: I think he's protown, because of him keeping his vote on Gage, but I still want him to answer my questions.
pete d (my responses in [color=blue]blue[/color] wrote:
Jordan (responses bolded) wrote:pete d's first post seemed suspiciously indecisive in terms of votes/FOS's, one minor FOS after reading 10 and a half pages seems woefully lacking to me.
Yeah, I'm finding it hard to get a strong read on anyone at the moment. Nobody has done anything extremely scummy yet, I think a minor FoS was appropriate in the situation
Sorry, but I simply can't believe you can't get a stong read on anyone in 10 pages, either you're not trying or you're trying not to get on the wrong side of anyone.

pete d wrote:
It's another nothing post.

Read over Nekka's posts. I maintain that while Nekka has posted a fair bit, he hasn't really given much helpful contributions or suspicions (except for BM)
Hang on, I have read through Nekka's posts, and in fact, you're right, he hasn't given many suspicions at all, well spotted actually.
FOS: Nekka
I want a list of your top 3 suspects Nekka. I do believe you haven't responded to the question I asked in my PBPA either.

In his next post, he FOS's Nekka and BM (taking the middle road in their argument), only they're not FOS's, they are "Minor FOS"'s and "Sort of FOS"'s. What's wrong with a simple FOS, or are you worried that you might get into an argument that results in votes on you and you being put in centre stage (i.e: Something that scums fear).
Not really, like I said, I'm not getting a real strong read from anyone at the moment
Already said what I think of this.

It felt to me like he was trying to throw suspicion on BM. He didn't directly ask BM, he asked everyone, so it felt like a loaded question. Also, I had previously put on an FoS with reasons.
Not really, he might just be asking how far BM is into his analysis.
It definatly isn't worthy of a vote IMO.
If it makes you feel better, I'd vote for CKD or Nekka atm, with BM one level down if you understand what I'm saying.
This backing down and trying to appease me does not look good for you pete.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Porochaz wrote:why
why not?
This is not a good response MOS, I;m going to ask you upfront, why are you voting me, and why is ABR voting me a good thing?

After analysing everyone, my vote will go to one of MOS, Nekka and pete, depending on how they respond to my questions.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Yaw »

MoS asked me to post that he'll be V/LA through Tuesday. Thanks.
Success breeds suspicion
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:59 pm

Post by pete d »

Jordan wrote:Not really, he might just be asking how far BM is into his analysis. It definatly isn't worthy of a vote IMO.
pete d wrote:Also, I had previously put on an FoS with reasons.
^ reasons which you agree with btw
Jordan wrote:This backing down and trying to appease me does not look good for you pete.
It's not backing down, I just clarified my position. It was completely consistant with my previous posts.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”