ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

^^ Lynch this please.

Lying about not reading role PM and then self-voting when he is called out for it. If he isn't force replaced or modkilled, then he should be lynched.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Josh is now at L-1.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I really just figure he is scum BSing all of that and then it will get everyone backed off of him and to live...soooo...yeah, let's get a claim and probably lynch the scummers. Badgambit=failedgambit
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Joshz »

I did not read my role. That is not a lie. I don't care what random morons on this site think of me since I'm probably leaving so I don't care about what I've picked up to be the negative stigma around self voting. And for the record, I just looked at my role, I'm vanilla, you aren't going to lose the game by lynching me.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 128, Joshz wrote:I did not read my role. That is not a lie.
If you weren't lying about failing to read role PM, then how could the mod say that 13/13 has confirmed? Someone is lying, and I highly doubt it's the mod.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

yeahhh...lunchtime!
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Actually if my vote count is correct, I think josh hammered himself.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Joshz (6/5): nn30 (34), pine (79), dreal (109), ThinkBig (112), LilUzi (121), Joshz (123)

Lil Uzi I think hammered by accident.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Joshz »

I was told to sign up for mu, alas. Not the right fit for me. I was enjoying my other normal and thought my newbie was the exception as a newbie game, but turns out the normal was the exceptional fun game. No worries, this community just isn't right for me. I'm going to play out my other games assuming penguin and Xalxe don't sub me and you won't have to worry about my moronic self anymore. Proceed to call me awful idiot after I flip green, I'm not stupid enough to "slip" like that as scum but it's all good.

That's all I wanted to say. Peace.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 133, Joshz wrote:I was told to sign up for mu, alas. Not the right fit for me. I was enjoying my other normal and thought my newbie was the exception as a newbie game, but turns out the normal was the exceptional fun game. No worries, this community just isn't right for me. I'm going to play out my other games assuming penguin and Xalxe don't sub me and you won't have to worry about my moronic self anymore. Proceed to call me awful idiot after I flip green, I'm not stupid enough to "slip" like that as scum but it's all good.

That's all I wanted to say. Peace.
Please don't take this hard on yourself. It takes time to learn the game. I'm still learning myself.

This "woe is me" attitude isn't going to get you anywhere.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by nn30 »

So the question is whether or not it's scum bs.

Honestly, I don't think I'd ever reveal that I do this IF I was a player who actually does this. It just calls into question whether or not you're lying about it. It won't help your game, as either alignment, to admit to doing this.

Admitting to this goes against both win conditions no matter your role. I don't think the type of player who abuses the rules in this way would admit to doing this.

He's lying.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

either way, I think it's bound to flip scum with self-vote and how all of that was...like...maybe they didn't want to be scum? should have replaced if so...again, yeah, I just think it had to be a big show thinking they'd get away with it

*twiddles thumbs and waits*
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

For the record, I absolutely believe that josh is scum, I just wish we would have taken more time before hammering him.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by nn30 »

Hey I recommend you come back and play again if you're telling the truth. I've thought about employing the strategy myself but decided against it. I've had the 'dark thoughts' like this. I don't blame you for employing it. Anyone here who demonizes you for it should should realise we're just playing a game and not take it so seriously.

All's fair in love and war right?

The more people on this site the better.

Stick around.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by Garmr »

My views of 1sv It really comes down to ideals on how to play the game. I think it's null at most.

Think big
is a town read in my book he puts pressure on 1 shot to try and get information out of him. Instead of actually trying to frame him as scummy as fuck it looks like he is trying to find out if he is scum. He does seem to get caught up in optimal game procedure, which really doesn't matter I would prefer he would stop focusing on since it's a waste of time.

I don't think Josh is scum. I used to flail harder than josh as town.
In post 70, Joshz wrote:See? Still not out of RVS. Stop bitching about him voting no lynch, that's not scum indicative it's newbie indicative. Not newbie townie, just newbie.
That post you quoted, Pine, is a clear joke, and trying to build a serious argument around it is awful. And you can't make an argument against no lynch in Mylo because sometimes it's a good idea and sometimes it's not, that's a game specific situation, there's no blanket answer.

So real vote: VOTE: pine
Josh does actually have a good point on pine here not the shitty rvs thing no that points bad. The bolded point is around similar lines of what I was thinking. Pine did try and turn into a serious thing on 1shot and it seems strange why.
In post 79, Pine wrote:
nn30 wrote:
In post 50, Joshz wrote:VOTE: 1 shot wonder

=P
In post 70, Joshz wrote:See? Still not out of RVS. Stop bitching about him voting no lynch, that's not scum indicative it's newbie indicative. Not newbie townie, just newbie. That post you quoted, Pine, is a clear joke, and trying to build a serious argument around it is awful. And you can't make an argument against no lynch in Mylo because sometimes it's a good idea and sometimes it's not, that's a game specific situation, there's no blanket answer.

So real vote: VOTE: pine
I could forgive post 50 as being an RVS (which I very clearly think it is).

That said you basically took my reasoning as the gospel in post 70. Not even a question of my motivations - you just use it to attempt to skewer Pine.
OH well spotted. I can choose to let 1SVT go as having made a joke in poor taste, but this blatant cogdis needs rope.

Vote joshz

Keep up this kind of analytical thinking, nn30, and I think we'll get along just fine.
This looks opportunistic as well in my mind it allows him to jump off 1shots wagon onto and buddying another player.

I do have a theroy in my head at the momment but I want to see more from the people in it before I make it public.

VOTE: Pine
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Pine »

Cool story bro
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Joshz »

I'm already hammered, I'm green. I'm probably going to be remembered as an idiot because that's how communities work. I'm perfectly happy ThinkBig my dude, this site just isn't the right fit for me and I'm sorry for screwing up this games beginning. I'll stick to my other sites. And for the record, I prefer being scum.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Moving forward, on DP2, I would like to focus on 1 shot vanilla and also garmr.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

Garmr - to me both pine and TB came out a bit scummy from that stuff but TB was more scummy to me what you see as trying to figure it out seems more like a convenient fake of scum-hunting - FoS on both
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 141, Joshz wrote:I'm already hammered, I'm green. I'm probably going to be remembered as an idiot because that's how communities work. I'm perfectly happy ThinkBig my dude, this site just isn't the right fit for me and I'm sorry for screwing up this games beginning. I'll stick to my other sites. And for the record, I prefer being scum.
I kinda wish we hadn't hammered so quickly. The giving up thing was a big warning sign.

Josh, do me a favor and don't give up on the site just yet. Go play a few Newbie games. There's no shame, this site just has a bit of a learning curve, and a wide variety of conventional practices. If you're genuinely Town, then you regrettably ran afoul of a few without really being aware of it. I'm applying to be an IC (newbie tutor) and would gladly help you get your feet wet to this site. Sorry for the rough welcome.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by Pine »

Drealmerz, look later on the Josh wagon. My reasoning was at least original, the rest of the wagon just steeped onto it.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Joshz »

But I hate my newbie game I'm in, I'm trying relaly hard to post properly without breaking the discussing ongoing games rule but they're, no offense, bad, and I feel more experienced than the SEs. The game I'm enjoying is penguins normal, the first one I joined.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

On DP2, I'd also like to focus on Lil Uzi Vert for the hammer. I'm not sure if it was intentional or unintentional. Part of me says it was most likely a mistake as even I missed the fact that he was hammered.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Pine »

Best advice I can give you is to read some new player's guides and more newbie games. Then play a bit reserved and cautious until you have a handle on the culture here.

If it helps, my first non-Newbie game here went much the same way as this one. I made some cultural missteps, got run up quick, and only a last minute freak-out like yours saved me from being lynched. We went on to win pretty flawlessly. You're not alone.

Failing that, something else you could do is shadow a more experienced player, or even hydra with them. That way, you can know their alignment and genuine reasoning, get guidance, and not make these kinds of mistakes. Assuming you do indeed flip Town and this wasn't just a big appeal to emotion, I'll volunteer for the mentoring position as penance for this mislynch.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »