(2) - MathBlade, karnos

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 4 will end in
(expired on 2016-11-30 07:11:29).

Mod Notes:

None!
Last edited by Foxbird on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 1896, MathBlade wrote:Nero+Saru is a possible team on paper.

Stove let's assume Nero flips town who is the scum team?
Why are you limiting your request to stove?

If nero flips town, penguin is absolutely scum.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 1896, MathBlade wrote:Nero+Saru is a possible team on paper.

Stove let's assume Nero flips town who is the scum team?
Good question.

I'm not sure.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by ironstove »

If it happens then I'll give you a serious answer, because Nero flipping town goes against my entire understanding of the game and anything I say at this point would be something I pulled out of my ass. But seriously, if he flips town I will have a long look through the game.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by karnos »

Saru and Nero could be scum, but it means Saru & Thor pushed a wagon on me which seems dangerous for scum to try.

Lowell could pretty much be scum with anyone, he has been such a lurker he hasn't really been offering any strong reads, but just because he is a lurker doesn't mean he is scum.

Dammit. I re-read lowell's iso. While I'm not saying he has moved down to my preferred lynch spot, I'd really like it if some others could read through his iso and give opinions.

Specifically, he seemed to be doing everything he could to derail the Thor wagon without outright calling Thor a strong town read.

If Lowell is scum, penguin is Town. Lowell could be scum with Nero or *gasp* Iron, but I think Nero is much more likely. I don't see how Saru could be his partner as he has been repeatedly suggesting to move lynches to Saru.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 1903, ironstove wrote:If it happens then I'll give you a serious answer, because Nero flipping town goes against my entire understanding of the game and anything I say at this point would be something I pulled out of my ass. But seriously, if he flips town I will have a long look through the game.
Lowell & Nero, how do you feel about that possible team?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by karnos »

The Lowell case. I think I am a bit bias, since a lot of this is based on voting during my Thor vs Karnos debate, so I'd really like some other eyes to look at these quotes in particular and see if you agree.

In post 394, Lowell wrote:thor looks better than karnos in this exchange, but gun to my head I think it's town v town.
Scum knowing I'll flip town, setting things up so scum-buddy Thor isn't automatically lynched after his wagon on me results in a town flip.
In post 400, Lowell wrote:
In post 397, Thor665 wrote:Wait, so you think Karnos is town?
Recent exchanges notwithstanding, yes, I do.
Of course he knows I am town if he is scum. But he has to phrase it as such "Recent exchanges notwithstanding" so he can excuse himself for hammering, if my wagon reaches that point.
In post 448, Lowell wrote:Lmk and knighty are attacking each other for doing the exact same thing. My work here is done.

Also there's some major derailing going on from aron. 381 is the post that catches your eye several pages later? Why? It's... fine, I guess? But it causes you to change the vote you just made? (presumably also after having seen epic post 381)

There's enough people at various times trying to passive-aggressively derail this karnos wagon that it's probably right. At least some of them must be protecting a buddy.

VOTE: karnos
Even though he was previously pushing the idea of it being TvT, now he is voting me. Of course he gives reasoning, so it doesn't look *that* bad.
In post 563, Lowell wrote:I feel like we have a bird in hand with knighty or lmk. So I'm not sure I see the appeal of saru or thor wagons. saru in particular I mostly just see as a lurker.
Knighty and lmk were both town slots.
In post 681, Lowell wrote:VOTE: saru

I don't know how we got here, but fine. There's about three or four others I'd rather lynch but I'm not nolynching to protect a null lurker read.
An alternative to lynching Thor appears, Lowell votes.
In post 809, Lowell wrote:VOTE: saru

I don't have a strong case-based reason here, but I do have a strong feeling that the way that day ended was no accident. I recall putting saru to L-1 to avoid a no lynch, then coming back to find some random rube dead.
In post 1103, Lowell wrote:Just a reminder that saru is still scum. Also saru's latest interaction with aron looks like a distancing ploy. Still, lmk first.
Saru is still scum.
In post 1267, Lowell wrote:I'll also hammer if scum-saru gets cold feet. FTR I still don't think Thor is scum though, would have been better to get saru or lmk today.
In post 1277, Lowell wrote:
In post 1272, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1267, Lowell wrote:I'll also hammer if scum-saru gets cold feet. FTR I still don't think Thor is scum though, would have been better to get saru or lmk today.
...Why the hell would you hammer a townread after announcement of a replace in?

If anything you would want to give a replacement time to interact with people before nightfall and a chance to see if the read on your replacement lines up.
That's literally the reason I'm waiting, to give you time to weigh in. I'm saying I'll hammer to avoid NL. This is.... obvious. If it's not Thor it's you, so I'll leave it to you to decide where my vote should go.
This & above, Lowell is going to hammer Thor!
In post 1290, Lowell wrote:I'm out for the next few hours or so. I'll humor math and not LOLHAMMER, even though it's pretty much my favorite thing and it feels like math is stalling since there's no other lynch that's going to happen today. I'll check in before deadline if, surprise, surprise, math comes back after reading and gets cold feet.
Promise unfulfilled. While I was scum reading MathBlade for missing the Thor hammer, the same reasoning could apply to Lowell (or even Nero...). Scummy.
In post 1440, Lowell wrote:
In post 1431, karnos wrote:I'm still pretty sure scum are among the nero:lowell:mathblade:saru pool. Lowell, assuming for the moment you are town, and mathblade is indeed confirmed IC, between nero and saru which one is most obvious scum?
My gut answer here is saru. But of course you knew I'd say that since I've been after saru for days and haven't had much to say about nero. So the analytical side of me is saying that this is an intentionally loaded quesiton and the actual answer is nero. Or, perhaps, karnos.
He has been pretty consistent about wanting Saru lynched, even after Thor flipped scum. This time he suggests Nero as an alternative, or me. Finally willing to bus Nero? Or could his partner be someone else?

In post 1477, Lowell wrote:The more I look at this post the more I think karnos is setting me up to get punked on a fake choice. If we're talking karnos and nero I'd much prefer karnos. And I'd also prefer karnos not trying to butter me up with this shit. I'm also now pretty sure saru is town after all.

Now Saru is town.
In post 1431, karnos wrote:I'm still pretty sure scum are among the nero:lowell:mathblade:saru pool. Lowell, assuming for the moment you are town, and mathblade is indeed confirmed IC, between nero and saru which one is most obvious scum?
In post 1779, Lowell wrote:Also I don't understand those voting nero if you buy that the aron kill was intentional. Either karnos or penguin or both are scum. If that's true, worst situation we lynch both and one is town and we'll be down to one scum at lylo. Why throw that off by lynching nero first? Even if you think he's scum?
This is just so bad to me. I think this is scum jumping on MathBlade's idea and push it because they know the conclusion is wrong. Maybe the Aron kill was just intended to be a low information kill, or maybe scum suspected he was a PR due to posting style, it doesn't mean it had to be penguin (and I know it wasn't me).
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by karnos »

Screwed up the quote below. Fixed:
In post 1477, Lowell wrote:The more I look at this post the more I think karnos is setting me up to get punked on a fake choice. If we're talking karnos and nero I'd much prefer karnos. And I'd also prefer karnos not trying to butter me up with this shit. I'm also now pretty sure saru is town after all.

Now Saru is town.
In post 1779, Lowell wrote:Also I don't understand those voting nero if you buy that the aron kill was intentional. Either karnos or penguin or both are scum. If that's true, worst situation we lynch both and one is town and we'll be down to one scum at lylo. Why throw that off by lynching nero first? Even if you think he's scum?
This is just so bad to me. I think this is scum jumping on MathBlade's idea and push it because they know the conclusion is wrong. Maybe the Aron kill was just intended to be a low information kill, or maybe scum suspected he was a PR due to posting style, it doesn't mean it had to be penguin (and I know it wasn't me).
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by karnos »

If Lowell is scum, Saru is town. There is no way Lowell would put in the effort to get Saru lynched over Thor if Saru was also a scum partner.

PenguinPower (3) - Saru, Lowell, Nero Cain (L-2!)

So this wagon is either 2 scum + Town!Saru, or... the town!Nero scenario might be true. I still think Nero is probably scum, but this has been a fun exercise and I think I might prefer a Lowell lynch today if others agree.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by ironstove »

Karnos keeps saying he thinks nero is scum, but keeps driving the wagon off nero.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by ironstove »

*attempting to
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by ironstove »

I want nero lynched now more than ever.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 1909, ironstove wrote:Karnos keeps saying he thinks nero is scum, but keeps driving the wagon off nero.
We know there are two scum. Nero & Penguin could be the two, or it could be Lowell & Nero. Or some other combination.

I'm okay with a Nero lynch, the wagon looks like legit town other than penguin, who could be busing or town. But we do have plenty of time until deadline, and we need to talk about the game unless you are 100% sure you have the last 2 scum nailed.

Are you Lowell's partner?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by karnos »

More seriously, Iron:

Are too lazy to read it at this point, or did you read my Lowell case and you think he is town despite it?
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 1913, karnos wrote:More seriously, Iron:

Are too lazy to read it at this point, or did you read my Lowell case and you think he is town despite it?
Did you read my to ????
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 629, Foxbird wrote:
Votecount 1.20

AlpacaAlpaca
(1) - malpascp
Thor665
(1) - ironstove
karnos
(1) - Thor665
Fire Assassin
(6) - LmkGuy, PenguinPower, aronagrundy, Saru, Lowell, karnos
(L-1!)

LmkGuy
(1) - AlpacaAlpaca
Saru
(1) - GreyICE
ironstove
(1) - Nero Cain

Not Voting
(1) - Fire Assassin

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 1 will end in
(expired on 2016-10-24 15:25:42).

Mod Notes:

malpascp is V/LA until the 25th of October.
aronagrundy is V/LA until the 23rd of October.
Thor665 is V/LA until the 23rd of October.
So. If Lowell is scum, and Nero is his scum partner, they did have an opportunity to hammer FA, a claimed town PR. Of course Nero would have gotten heat for it, but he even fake hammered and then tried to convince FA to switch to iron. That doesn't mean Nero is town, it just means he is scum with self control and discipline to avoid quick-hammering a tempting target, but it's notable nonetheless.

Thor was on V/LA so his absence on the wagon isn't really notable at all.

If you take the stance that scum would be on the wagon, that would point to a penguin/lowell scum team, penguin/saru, or the nearly impossible saru/lowell team. None of which jumps out as a likely pairing to me.
In post 612, Nero Cain wrote:vote: Fire Assassin
Maybe Nero was just trying to act like he was giving enough time for intent so he could hammer FA later, but didn't get the chance when the wagon disolved and shifted to Saru.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 1914, ironstove wrote:
In post 1913, karnos wrote:More seriously, Iron:

Did you read my to ????
Skimmed them. After a re-read, okay you still think Saru is scum. Can't say I view him as obv town, mostly I just don't think scum!Saru and scum!Thor would blatantly push a wagon on me like they did. I guess Saru is the next iso to re-read.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1909, ironstove wrote:Karnos keeps saying he thinks nero is scum, but keeps driving the wagon off nero.
So are you saying that its a me + Karnos team? Do you think scumKarnos would be above attempting to manipulate you on my lynch? Whst do you think of my ?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like PP going "oh Nero is town" and then suddenly reading Karnos as town for F all reason is p silly and reeks of buddy play.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 1918, Nero Cain wrote:like PP going "oh Nero is town" and then suddenly reading Karnos as town for F all reason is p silly and reeks of buddy play.
Seems that you and Lowell are of the same mind. Scum buddies?
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 1917, Nero Cain wrote:
So are you saying that its a me + Karnos team? Do you think scumKarnos would be above attempting to manipulate you on my lynch? Whst do you think of my ?
I thought that post was kind of a stretch as far as reasoning on why the scum team is karnos/penguin.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What part about it is a stretch?

ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by ironstove »

That aron would recruit both scum into the PT and even if he did, why them having day chat when they've already had day chat for pretty much the whole game should implicate that they're both scum. I'm not really seeing a reason behind that.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by ironstove »

On top of that, it's all hypothetical theory that can't be falsified or checked until after the game, so it seems like a waste of time to even discuss it let alone push for why X and Y are a scum team.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 1917, Nero Cain wrote:
Btw, nice job coming to your partner's defense. :roll:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”