Mini 515 - The Pine Barrens - Game Over!

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:00 am

Post by Rishi »

Fourth Vote Count - Day 3

mcpaltp – 3 (neko2086, Bookitty, Elias_the_thief)
ThAdmiral - 2 (mcpaltp, opie)
opie – 2 (ThAdmiral, Boggzie)

Not voting: hasdgfas

8 alive. 5 votes to lynch.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:11 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Wait, why haven't I been lynched yet? Probability is very good that there are three scum. I doubt that all of the votes on me are scum, so that either means that two people voting for me are scum or that they are waiting for some reason. I don't get it at all.

huh. :iiam:

Btw, sorry in advance to the town. I guess that's what happens when you don't make sure that what you are saying you said actually matches what you said. I kind of ran this game as an experiment as to what not reading and just making snap gut judgements would be like.

I guess it just helps the scum. :( I think I did get some useful information for future games, though. :)

Oh well. Nice playing with you guys. For my own entertainment, I'm guessing Neko and ThAdmiral are scum, with Elias as the longshot third choice. I know this post is gonna get jumped all over for me feeling sorry, but that's okay. I wanted to let you know that I'm usually not this terrible. I did feel really bad about hounding ryan, and now I feel bad for contributing to a town loss. I'm really very sorry.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:55 am

Post by hasdgfas »

mcpaltp wrote:Wait, why haven't I been lynched yet? Probability is very good that there are three scum. I doubt that all of the votes on me are scum, so that either means that two people voting for me are scum or that they are waiting for some reason. I don't get it at all.

huh. :iiam:

Btw, sorry in advance to the town. I guess that's what happens when you don't make sure that what you are saying you said actually matches what you said. I kind of ran this game as an experiment as to what not reading and just making snap gut judgements would be like.

I guess it just helps the scum. :( I think I did get some useful information for future games, though. :)

Oh well. Nice playing with you guys. For my own entertainment, I'm guessing Neko and ThAdmiral are scum, with Elias as the longshot third choice. I know this post is gonna get jumped all over for me feeling sorry, but that's okay. I wanted to let you know that I'm usually not this terrible. I did feel really bad about hounding ryan, and now I feel bad for contributing to a town loss. I'm really very sorry.
mcpaltp: NEVER give up until you've actually been lynched. It just looks bad and is almost like self-voting. Fight and defend yourself to the end. That combined with neko saying exactly what I was going to say about you(seriously, I didn't get the post up, and when I looked at neko's I wondered if somehow he found mine and paraphrased it), leads me to
vote: mcpaltp

Appeals to emotion, in this quoted post and other posts, strange behavior throughout the game. I just haven't seen good pro-town behavior since day 1, if even then.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:07 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Fine by me. Shall we contine the trend? Who wants to see me self-vote here? :haw:
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:11 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Oh yeah, that's -1 to hammer. Scum victory approacheth.

##Unvote:ThAdmiral
Vote:The Lemondrop... OR NOT!

Who gets the pleasure of being the deciding vote? It won't be me!

PS Wow, this will be a perfect victory for the scum. Way to go!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:13 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I'm really interested in who the scum are. Promise me that you'll let me know if you found my actions to be a happy coincidence, or if there was deliberate triangulaiton.

Easiest scum victory ever.
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:31 am

Post by Boggzie »

mcpaltp wrote:I'm really interested in who the scum are. Promise me that you'll let me know if you found my actions to be a happy coincidence, or if there was deliberate triangulaiton.

Easiest scum victory ever.
You're getting a little emotional, man. Seriously.
Go Tribe!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:36 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I don't really know why. Usually I'm pretty calm, but I've been really testy in a few of my recent games. It's kinda sad, as I'm not joining any games as tax season starts to gear up, just letting the few games I'm in wear down. Maybe I'm just stressed or something. Blah.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:47 am

Post by neko2086 »

Now that this is the second time you've done it, I think it's incredibly interesting to note that you have a tendency to do voting fake-outs.

You did it earlier when I speculated you wouldn't vote me for fear of having an omgus charge, and you unvoted, voted me, unvoted, and replaced your vote, as if that was going to fool anyone.

Now you unvoted and suggested for a moment you might vote yourself by making a fake vote. That looked threatening, ok sure, but it's the actual vote that counts.

Your fake votes don't fool me, and your appeal to fear (of a town loss) isn't fooling me either
In Tartiflette We Trust
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:19 am

Post by Boggzie »

I'm thinking of just hammering again to see where we stand. We're a month and a half into this, I think mcpaltp is just as guilty as opie.

I'll post later. I want to think on it before sticking the knife in.
Go Tribe!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

opie wrote:I'm not sure what you mean that I go after soft targets, could you please explain that a bit more?
Ryan was the easiest target day 1, adel the easiest day 2 and I think I was probably the easiest today.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Naw, I'm th' softest! Like goose down!

C'mon, somebody lynch me already, the scum have this game sewn up. This is what I get when I try and be agressive.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

mcpaltp wrote:Naw, I'm th' softest! Like goose down!

C'mon, somebody lynch me already, the scum have this game sewn up. This is what I get when I try and be agressive.
Do it yourself if you want it to just happen. Otherwise defend yourself against everyone's accusations of you. There's always a chance you'll change someone's mind. Saying that you should be lynched so the scum can win is not pro-town behavior and will not cause anyone to change their mind.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

This display from MC is definately not impressing me. In other news, I will be away from tomorrow until sometime sunday. I'm not going to unvote before I go, I'm confident in my vote.
I play the games rul gud.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Nah, my argument is basically just "nuh-uh! I'm not scum!", so whatever. I'm super frustrated by all of this because I have been a huge backer of both of the townie lynches, and I've felt super confident about each of them. I feel the same way about ThAdmiral and neko, so whatever. As a matter of fact, I'm feeling a little better about ThAdmiral now that I think about it, so I might as well switch my vote to neko now that I'm thinking about it.

##Unvote:ThAdmiral
##Vote:Neko2086

I feel like the crux of the argument against me is that I've been acting differently over the course of a month and a half, and that I've really pushed for both of the townie lynches, and freaked out and apologized over pushing ryan to mafia-suicide. And that this somehow equals that I'm scum. I cannot and would not deny that I pushed really hard for those lynches, 'cause I totally did, and feel justified in doing so. I've already tried to explain why my playstyle changed (Cautious to irate to sorry to cautious and bored to playful and annoying to defensive and frustrated to now [current mood:fishy]) and seemed to get nowhere, even though I had like, a million more experience over the course of the month and a half. And I am sorry, dammit, and I'm not sorry for being sorry.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Bookitty »

I've thought and thought about this. I'm such a sucker for the emotional appeals, and I'm having to steel myself against this one.

I think that you're right, that your change in playstyle, along with what I viewed as strange behaviour before and after Adel's lynch (and now the differing explanations for your vote on Ryan) have indeed made me certain of your guilt. I can't speak for anyone else's reasons, but these are my own.

I am sorry that you're sorry, mcpaltp, but I also can't shake the feeling that you know exactly what to say to inspire sympathy, and that I'm being played. And so I don't feel I can give you the benefit of the doubt this time, no matter how sorry you are.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Boggzie »

unvote

Lots of thinking done. Opie and Mc are both guilty. Let's get rid of one of them.

Vote: mcpaltp

Bookitty's post sealed it for me. I think you're just trying to play the sympathy card.
Go Tribe!
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Boggzie »

Does anyone else get "lyncher's remorse" akin to "buyer's remorse" after they cast the deciding vote?

...I guess I do.
Go Tribe!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:08 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Good game folks, I hope I'm wrong and there are only two scum.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:19 am

Post by opie »

So Boggzie has pulled two triggers now?
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:19 am

Post by opie »

See ya mcpaltp!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:22 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Boggzie wrote:
unvote

Lots of thinking done. Opie and Mc are both guilty. Let's get rid of one of them.

Vote: mcpaltp

Bookitty's post sealed it for me. I think you're just trying to play the sympathy card.
Anyone else notice that there were two hammers by Boggzie with very little reasoning? I'm not liking that.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:32 am

Post by opie »

I have.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Rishi »

Final Vote Count - Day

mcpaltp – 5 (neko2086, Bookitty, Elias_the_thief, hasdgfas, Boggzie)
ThAdmiral - 1 (opie)
opie – 1 (ThAdmiral)
neko2086 – 1 (mcpaltp)

You can smell the fear. The citizens rise up, as a seething mass, swarming like rats.

One brave soul just stands there, taunting the feral townsfolk.

“Come and get me,” he says.

And they do.

mcpaltp, Townie, lynched Day 3.

Night choices due Tuesday, December 4 at 11pm EST. If all night choices come in early, then Day 4 will begin early.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:02 pm

Post by Rishi »

Another body appeared this morning. Now, all of you stand if the living room of your fallen townsperson, staring at a stethoscope and surgical tools.

Someone says, “I had no idea he was the doctor. This would have been really useful information to have.”

Someone Else says, “We really should search everyone’s house. Seriously, guys, wouldn’t you agree that sacrificing a little privacy is worth it if it rids the town of a larger threat?”

Someone says, “I don’t agree with that. I also don’t think that our little fictionalized reality should be the forum for social commentary.”

After a robust debate, the town searches everyone’s house. The Mafia are easy to find. One of them has the complete Godfather trilogy in three different formats and the other has a really snazzy dark suit.

Someone lines the two Mafia against the wall, “There’s four of us and two of you. It’s over.”

The Mafia are about to give up when one townsperson speaks: “I have been hiding amongst you all this time. Little did you know there was a traitor in your midst. Mafia, if you will allow me to join you, we can end this charade.”

The Mafia shrugs, hands the townsperson a gun, and the rest of the town dies. So many bullets. Nowhere to run.

It is said that the Jersey Devil haunts these parts. Years from now, they will find only a stack of bodies where this town once was and assume that the Jersey Devil claimed several victims. Little do they know the true devils – the Mafia of the Pine Barrens, who will remain ubiquitous long after the name of this town is forgotten.

ThAdmiral, Doctor, killed Night 3.

Boggzie, Townie, killed in Endgame.
neko2086, Townie, killed in Endgame.
opie, Mason, killed in Endgame.

WINNERS:

hasdgfas, Mafia.
Elias_the_thief, Mafia.
Bookitty, Traitor.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”