eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Was a fun game. I was in an unfortunate slot but it was still fun sorting everyone among it.

Pretty nice knowing I was right about all my town reads and scum reads but I don't think I cared enough since I knew I was going to be lynched.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 139, boring wrote: Yes, podoboq, if I had my druthers, I would have killed Shadow N1 because he was going to be seen as conf. town, and I don't like to kill people openly scum reading me. I prefer to discredit them.

---

Also, Dierfire and Black Void are beautiful. I'm really impressed by both of them and their thought processes.
Ah, see I was thinking that going directly after your biggest critic wouldn't be your style. But, I didn't take into account what your buddies would have wanted to do N1.

Dierfire is a really intelligent guy, but he doesn't have much pull/presence compared to other players. So he seems to get over looked more then he should be imo.
In post 140, boring wrote:
Thank you for playing with me Grendel! I'm sorry we had to be on different teams!
I really wanted us to be town together. :(

It was still fun though. Doesn't this make... four games in a row you rolled scum?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 151, eagerSnake wrote:Was a fun game. I was in an unfortunate slot but it was still fun sorting everyone among it.

Pretty nice knowing I was right about all my town reads and scum reads but I don't think I cared enough since I knew I was going to be lynched.
You can be proud in knowing that it took the whole scum team on your wagon to get you lynched after getting cc'd!

Usually no more then two put themselves on the EoD lynch. But you got the whole team!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 141, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 134, Grendel wrote:
In post 130, Gamma Emerald wrote:I thought you were talking about rb the player for a second
Well, I can't help rb having a common abbreviation for a username. Also can't say I know the guy beyond a couple games I followed that he was in. People talk him up enough that I'd be worried about playing against him if I rolled scum though.
I played with him as scum once and flew under his radar (though we n1ed him so it wasn't hard)
Yeah, I read desperation day.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by boring »

Yeah, with the exception of that very brief hydra I mentioned, I'm 100% scum on this site. Like, I'm too busy to play properly, but I feel compelled to play at least one goshdarned town game before I disappear for a while. Also, playing town is easier, time-wise.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by MariaR »

The thing that upset me this game was I couldn't get 2 obv towns to stop going at each other
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by boring »

Don't feel bad, words can't stop a dog fight. Like Grendel said, the whole scum team helped fan the flames and pull off the lynch. And honestly, not every town would have accepted the idea of two ascetics so readily. You and implosion saw through it right away.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 138, Shadow_step wrote:So zoronos' play this game has been shutting down the LUV wagon day 1. Ccing Luv.
Having Boring and Prism as town. Hmm
I was going to share what I disliked about Zoronos play in the post game, but since he is likely to join us here soon I might as well voice my discontentment:

1) I didn't appreciate the tangents about how "x" play style is
undeniably bad
, when such things are largely subjective. If everybody played mafia one way, then half of what makes mafia interesting for me would be gone.

2) When LUV was at L-1, Zoro choosing to counter claim instead of hammer was really awful.

3) Zoro declaring that I'm not less likely to be scum despite getting a negative on me was bad. I have been lynched off of the premise of "If Grendel got a negative result last night why did he go into today scum reading x slot?" Like the example of a tracker I used in post 2263 was me. I fake claimed tracker in a lylo and one of the reasons it didn't hold up was because I voted to same person that I claimed to have gotten a negative result from the night prior. The player, Infinity, reasoned that if the player I thought was most likely to preform the kill didn't then it should have made me less inclined to scum read him the next day.

4) I have seen no evidence of the scum tells he used in post 2264 being things only scum do. Most of them just seem indicative of somebody who is frustrated. Last time I checked scum aren't exclusively inclined to frustration under pressure.

5) Him agreeing on several of the points I brought to the table while continuing to scum read me was what made me stop taking him seriously altogether. What more is that I'm suspicious that he simply wasn't listening to me anymore since he was agreeing with the points I made through _other_ people. Namely Implosion.

6) I will admit that the LUV assossiatites were pretty condemning. Outside of that though, him pushing my lynch with, "Grendel is using what I consider to be bad play therefore Grendel must be scum". Looked a whole lot like, "If Grendel isn't scum then he is bad town", from my perspective. It does not incriminate me at all, and just makes voting me easy even if he started getting paranoid that I might actually be town. He could ride it off as, "at least he wasn't a decent town player".

Points 4, 5, and 6 also fuel the my feelings that Zoronos want for my blood
was
personally charged. Scum reading me for Night analysis when Prism not only did the same, but was much more adamant about it. Saying that outside of me Dierfire was most likely scum when
I was the one who brought Dierfire onto every bodies radar
. Tacking largely Non-ai tells onto a response just because I was frustrated. Ignoring many points I made over the course of the game. I'm pretty convinced that Zoro forced himself to believe that I was scum out of sheer want, and not based in actual evidence.

In the end though I'm not too angry. I do hope that if Zoro bothers to acknowledge this post he'll explain his thought processes behind his plays this game. Also, hope he is not so quick to scum read somebody just because he doesn't like how they approach the game in future.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 155, boring wrote:Yeah, with the exception of that very brief hydra I mentioned, I'm 100% scum on this site. Like, I'm too busy to play properly, but I feel compelled to play at least one goshdarned town game before I disappear for a while. Also, playing town is easier, time-wise.
Idk, I think I get lazier as scum then town.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:45 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

If I was zoronos, I'd probably CC LUV doc claim with a doc claim inspite of being a JK so that scum have to come after me first and Gamma could have got another clear or a guilty.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Cop in a mini normal is the most powerful role in the game followed by watcher. I'd do anything in my power to save that role.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:51 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Like Grendel said, acceptable play also would have been to simply say "I don't believe you" and hammer LUV
Show

boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:24 am

Post by boring »

If you'll recall, he almost instantly regretted outing himself. I think he realized that he played into our hands.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

boring you played great. It was me who was quite awful honestly and let you guys down.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:20 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 153, Grendel wrote:
In post 151, eagerSnake wrote:Was a fun game. I was in an unfortunate slot but it was still fun sorting everyone among it.

You can be proud in knowing that it took the whole scum team on your wagon to get you lynched after getting cc'd!

Usually no more then two put themselves on the EoD lynch. But you got the whole team!
True... even after being CC'd I was able to form a viable low-effort counter-wagon on the only scum PR and force the entire scum team to vote me :lol:
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Nothing to be proud of, nothing you did caused that. It was only because most people thought that you'd be crazy as scum to gambit like that.
Show

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:38 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 166, Shadow_step wrote:Nothing to be proud of, nothing you did caused that. It was only because most people thought that you'd be crazy as scum to gambit like that.
Lol.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:42 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 166, Shadow_step wrote:Nothing to be proud of, nothing you did caused that. It was only because most people thought that you'd be crazy as scum to gambit like that.
Most people, but not you, who was too stubborn to accept that two players could have the same role and both be town.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 160, Shadow_step wrote:If I was zoronos, I'd probably CC LUV doc claim with a doc claim inspite of being a JK so that scum have to come after me first and Gamma could have got another clear or a guilty.
hmmm, that sounds like an interesting play.

Have you been in any games where the jk fake claimed doc before?

It makes sense, but I don't think I've ever seen anybody try it.

I think that the only negative coqusquence would be the scum team seeing through the claim, and killing the cop anyway. (b/c cop +doc would be an unlikely combo)
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 163, boring wrote:If you'll recall, he almost instantly regretted outing himself. I think he realized that he played into our hands.
True, but he also said that he was willing to talk about it once the game was over.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

missed 158
point 3 was a game I played
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by boring »

In post 164, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:boring you played great. It was me who was quite awful honestly and let you guys down.
Nah, I made some dumb plays day 1, from which I could never fully recover. You outted Zoronos, and basically the only argument against Grendel Day 3 was that he looked like your buddy. Your Day 2 performance was great.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by Grendel »

Gamma Emerald wrote:missed 158 point 3 was a game I played
Giving credit where credit is due; Gamma played the biggest part in getting me lynched in that game. He was the cop.

Its just that Infinity was the lylo kingmaker, and his first reason of believing Gamma's claim over mine was that I voted a negative result at day start.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 173, Grendel wrote:
Gamma Emerald wrote:missed 158 point 3 was a game I played
Giving credit where credit is due; Gamma played the biggest part in getting me lynched in that game. He was the cop.

Its just that Infinity was the lylo kingmaker, and his first reason of believing Gamma's claim over mine was that I voted a negative result at day start.
This guy deserves credit for nearly having me fooled.
I was going to argue that your reads had too few scum because you knew you were before I realized massclaim was happening.
Me and the scum team also nearly chose the same target twice (they switched n1, I switched n2)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Game Topics”