bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1699, Nero Cain wrote:What is your case on me besides "didn't vote Thor"?
and .

Nero is absolutely not even trying to play this game.

What happened between your day 1 vigor where you made posts like and started wagons and such, and today, when you can't even be bothered to read the game?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why did you feel the need to answer for Iron?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1701, Nero Cain wrote:Why did you feel the need to answer for Iron?
A few reasons --

- I want to engage with you
- I want to demonstrate that you are not even reading the game, because I think town needs to be aware of this
- I want to avoid Iron having to re-post his case again because this thread is already so damn long and cluttered with sh** it's just getting easier and easier for scum to hide in all the detrius
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by bji »

Also I don't want iron to have to revive his anger from yesterday.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like there is a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference between Tracer flaking out and Mal being active elsewhere.

BUT TRACER FLIPPED SCUM!

yea, I know. And he was prob being bussed by atleast one of Karnos/Iron.

I mean you have argued (and Iron) that I'm scummy for pushing Mal but as I have shown I've lynched scum for this exact same reason so why is it scummy that I'd think Mal could be scum for the exact same reason?

Why do you think Karnos couldn't have known Mal was town, thus making him scum?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think his "anger" is fake as shit

bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1700, bji wrote: What happened between your day 1 vigor where you made posts like and started wagons and such, and today, when you can't even be bothered to read the game?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm prob a little demoralized that Thor was scum but mostly I haven't been on much this day phase and I'm already voting who I think scum is.

Are you scum reading PP?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like for someone that's fussing at me for "not reading the game" isn't it disingenuous that you didn't know I was voting?

bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1704, Nero Cain wrote: I mean you have argued (and Iron) that I'm scummy for pushing Mal but as I have shown I've lynched scum for this exact same reason so why is it scummy that I'd think Mal could be scum for the exact same reason?
You never showed that.

I'm curious to know what you think of iron's claim. Don't you want to know what his actual role is? You haven't expressed any interest.

PEDIT: What? Can you please rephrase the question NOT in the form of a run-on sentence? I cannot parse it.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by bji »

Also, yes, I am scum reading PP. I feel a sense of unease though about the way these wagons are lining up and I'm trying to tread carefully.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1085, Nero Cain wrote: As an example, this game had a player that flipped scum while constantly posting elsewhere.

but its just one example!

There are more but I don't feel like slogging through my past games to find them. Its a somewhat common scumtell.
This is me showing where I have successfully flipped scum using the "there are posting elsewhere but ignoring this game" tell

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60340
^
that too. It was Ika

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1704, Nero Cain wrote:Why do you think Karnos couldn't have known Mal was town?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

If you think PP is scum why were you up in arms about my assertion that scum would and could bus Thor?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1711, Nero Cain wrote:This is me showing where I have successfully flipped scum using the "there are posting elsewhere but ignoring this game" tell
this is a lie. I didn't flip them but they were still scum that was posting it up elsewhere while ignoring that game.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1709, bji wrote:I'm curious to know what you think of iron's claim. Don't you want to know what his actual role is? You haven't expressed any interest.
I'm ok with him claiming though I'm p sure that was a fake venge kill claim.

bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1711, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1085, Nero Cain wrote: As an example, this game had a player that flipped scum while constantly posting elsewhere.

There are more but I don't feel like slogging through my past games to find them. Its a somewhat common scumtell.
This is me showing where I have successfully flipped scum using the "there are posting elsewhere but ignoring this game" tell

^
that too. It was Ika
How can I be sure that you haven't been in 100 other games where you mislynched 100 town players for the same dumb reason? How can I be sure you didn't just cherrypick the one or two cases to present here where you got lucky and caught scum instead?

If I'm supposed to be evaluating whether or not you are likely to have believed that going after someone for possible V/LA abuse is a strategy that you had seen work more often than not, then unless I can verifiably know how often you have seen it work, I cannot even make that evaluation. And I cannot verifably know how often you have seen it work versus not work.

This is why I don't read external games. It is a useless exercise.

PEDIT:

Huh? Are you quoting yourself and admitting you lied?
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1715, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1709, bji wrote:I'm curious to know what you think of iron's claim. Don't you want to know what his actual role is? You haven't expressed any interest.
Why do you think iron would fake a venge kill claim? Why do you think he would fake any claim?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1716, bji wrote:Huh? Are you quoting yourself and admitting you lied?
:igmeou:

I'm saying that I misspoke. He didn't get flipped but was still scum.

bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1717, bji wrote:
Why do you think iron would fake a venge kill claim? Why do you think he would fake any claim?
By the way just to be clear, I don't even know what a "fake venge kill claim" is, all I am sure about is the "fake" part, I am assuming that the rest means some kind of "revenge kill" thing where if scum kill him then the scum who fired the shot dies too.

I believe he made a different claim based on his day 1 crumb, and I already stated what I think he was claiming.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1717, bji wrote:
He's scum that thought he'd claim a role that could maybe explain why he's not dead. He's derp town that is doing a useless fakeclaim since thats in vouge these days. IDK. Remind me what you think he claimed.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1716, bji wrote:
In post 1711, Nero Cain wrote:

^
that too. It was Ika
How can I be sure that you haven't been in 100 other games where you mislynched 100 town players for the same dumb reason? How can I be sure you didn't just cherrypick the one or two cases to present here where you got lucky and caught scum instead?

If I'm supposed to be evaluating whether or not you are likely to have believed that going after someone for possible V/LA abuse is a strategy that you had seen work more often than not, then unless I can verifiably know how often you have seen it work, I cannot even make that evaluation. And I cannot verifably know how often you have seen it work versus not work.

This is why I don't read external games. It is a useless exercise.
I probably have lynched town for this, does it matter? The point is there's possible scum motivation in ignoring a certain game. So explain to me what the town motivation is?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1713, Nero Cain wrote:If you think PP is scum why were you up in arms about my assertion that scum would and could bus Thor?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1712, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1704, Nero Cain wrote:Why do you think Karnos couldn't have known Mal was town?

bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1713, Nero Cain wrote:If you think PP is scum why were you up in arms about my assertion that scum would and could bus Thor?
First, I was not "up in arms" about your assertion that "scum would and could bus Thor", I was expressing disbelief that you could be genuine in your argument that anyone lynching Thor would have been doing so for "town cred", when there was really zero town cred to be gained from carrying out a lynch that was really just a formality at that point.

Second, even if I think that PP is scum, I am
not
going to just latch onto any supporting reason no matter how ridiculous it is. I am not trying to lynch scum for bad reasons, I am trying to lynch them for good reasons, and if a reason isn't good, I'm not going to agree with it, even if it supports my scum read.

Your questioning me about this point must mean that you feel the opposite though? You'll be happy to latch onto bad reasoning as long as it supports your lynch?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”