Newbie 1757 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by shannon »

Just in case anyone cares:

Town - Accountant, Keyen

Who the fuck knows - Arc Angel (replaced in), Vija, Wyvern (going to re-read the last two)

Scum - Fruitman, XX, NN
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Wyvernite »

VOTE: Fruitman

I ask you to post something that's useful to the game and that's what you provide? Yeah xx isn't getting lynched if you keep that up
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.4

XnadrojX (4) - Accountant, nn30, keyenpeydee, fruitsman [L-1]
fruitsman (2) - Wyvernite, shannon
Accountant (1) - XnadrojX
nn30 (1) - Vijarada

Not voting (1) - ArcAngel9

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Sunday, 27th November 5pm GMT, (in (expired on 2016-11-27 17:00:00)).
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by shannon »

Quicky ISO of Vija moves him up my list, not as strong of a town read as Accountant or Keyen but not in the lynch pool for me today, at least.

In the plus column I can see how his scum read on XX has developed, it seems logical and it progresses as XX's play deteriorates. On the minus side though I can't see whether he's town reading anyone in particular, or doing much scum hunting outside of that one read.

He's someone I'd like to take a closer look at tomorrow, because I think his is the sort of ISO that could speak to scum just doing a bit more than what the scummiest-looking townie is doing.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by shannon »

@Wyvern while you're around I'd like to get more of your reads please, outside of this one vote on XX.

In ISOing you I came across these two posts, which threw me a bit and look pretty opportunistic to me.
In post 122, Wyvernite wrote:90% sure mafia is xx (as I will refer to him from now on) + 1 of the people who haven't spoken up yet, form a townblock right now and put the game on autopilot
In post 170, Wyvernite wrote:Alright so now that keyen has posted and managed to not look scummier than xx, after arc angel posts, and fails to look scummier than xx, we can vote. I'll see you tonight at the bonfire for xx >:D
I'm referring to 'form a townblock right now' and 'fails to look scummier than xx, we can vote'. XX has had pages and pages to incriminate himself, I think it would be a mistake to lynch him based on one or two non-scummy-looking posts from replacements.

Also - why are you following me to fruitsman? I know you asked him to post something useful, but between doing that and voting him you indicated you were just waiting on the replacements to make not-obviously-scummy posts. Do you not think that Fruity putting your biggest scum read at L-1 is useful?
fruitsman
fruitsman
Townie
fruitsman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by fruitsman »

@Shannon in post 174 you vote me because I make a decision and instead of going through the redundant process of reposting everyone's quotes, you just vote me instead. No less your reasoning behind it is because it's "Opportunistic" and completely fail to go off of what was previously discussed as XX posting scum. You then follow up with a list of whos town, unkown, and scum in an attempt to solidify your accusations and give yourself a type of "authority."

@ Wyernite: You're just trying to rock the boat. Your posts have mostly been accusatory, less analytical than mine, and attempting to lynch someone ASAP, but fail to pull through and instead cast a vote on me because I'm not being "helpful," and its Fruitsman* but Fruitman works too.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 180, fruitsman wrote:@Shannon in post 174 you vote me because I make a decision and instead of going through the redundant process of reposting everyone's quotes, you just vote me instead. No less your reasoning behind it is because it's "Opportunistic" and completely fail to go off of what was previously discussed as XX posting scum. You then follow up with a list of whos town, unkown, and scum in an attempt to solidify your accusations and give yourself a type of "authority."

@ Wyernite: You're just trying to rock the boat. Your posts have mostly been accusatory, less analytical than mine, and attempting to lynch someone ASAP, but fail to pull through and instead cast a vote on me because I'm not being "helpful," and its Fruitsman* but Fruitman works too.
The reason I'm voting you haven't given any reason for your read on XX, other than just going with the majority. What if the majority is wrong? (If my FOS on him counts me among the majority, and you're taking down my reasoning here, shouldn't that tell you not to take other people's opinions as correct?).

It *is* absolutely opportunistic for you to join the biggest wagon and put it to L-1, when
1) people are suspecting you and asking you to post more of substance, and you're refusing
2) we have so long to go in this day

Also I would like you to point out a post of yours that is more analytical than Wyvern's ISO.
fruitsman
fruitsman
Townie
fruitsman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by fruitsman »

You want a post more analytical than Wy's?

Disapprove of how many pineapples I keep stocked on my fruit cart, eh?
I saw how Accountant looked at them. I analyzed the crap out of his face.

As for trying to post things of substance, it's difficult for me to really keep up for this is my first game. Yeah I know it's an excuse and it's lame but now with pressure from you and Wy, I feel like I might be understanding a bit more.

You might think now, "Huh, that's strange. Fruitsman is starting to seem way more articulate in his vocabulary than previously seen. He even is making quite an amazing and analytical post about how dumb I am."

Well baby that's because Fruitsman has no idea what he's doing and instead of being a lurker, because that's what got him into the limelight of the lynch, he's now trying to be analytical to please you crazy people and it's probably gonna bite'em in the peach.

Frankly, I don't care. Aim of the game is to have fun and I have the most fun when I'm confusing and contradictory and I guess "not helpful."

Love- Fruitsman
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by shannon »

Oh dear. If I weren't voting you already I'd vote you now for that piece of crap post. Play to help town or prepare to be lynched.
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Wyvernite »

In post 179, shannon wrote:@Wyvern while you're around I'd like to get more of your reads please, outside of this one vote on XX.

In ISOing you I came across these two posts, which threw me a bit and look pretty opportunistic to me.
In post 122, Wyvernite wrote:90% sure mafia is xx (as I will refer to him from now on) + 1 of the people who haven't spoken up yet, form a townblock right now and put the game on autopilot
In post 170, Wyvernite wrote:Alright so now that keyen has posted and managed to not look scummier than xx, after arc angel posts, and fails to look scummier than xx, we can vote. I'll see you tonight at the bonfire for xx >:D
I'm referring to 'form a townblock right now' and 'fails to look scummier than xx, we can vote'. XX has had pages and pages to incriminate himself, I think it would be a mistake to lynch him based on one or two non-scummy-looking posts from replacements.

Also - why are you following me to fruitsman? I know you asked him to post something useful, but between doing that and voting him you indicated you were just waiting on the replacements to make not-obviously-scummy posts. Do you not think that Fruity putting your biggest scum read at L-1 is useful?
Him voting makes me believe that a hit on him is much less likely with how strongly I feel about his previous post being scum indicitave
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

I'm scared of fire, I'd rather be hanged.

In response to this part of keyen's post caught my attention:
In post 156, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 84, XnadrojX wrote:So you scumread me so much that gun to the head I'm scum? I wonder where all this confidence is coming from, I never knew you could be 100% sure someone is scum 3 pages in.

VOTE: Accountant
Do you even realize you're being scummy? I thought you've realized...

VOTE: XnadrojX

More and more reading you makes it really lose my Town read on you.
I was aware I was scummy, I just disagreed with the exccesive confidence Accountant had. I'm pretty sure 2 (3?) scumtells doesn't mean that someone is 100% scum, or scum enough to warrant their unwillingness to interact in any manner to me. To me, unwillingness to interact shows a gun to the head 100% confidence on me and I'm pretty sure that getting a vote in page 1 using RVS just when we're exiting RVS just to ego, and not voting a guy who I was pressuring does
not
warrant such confidence on me. Which leads to me believing that Accountant is scum because the scum would want to get anyone lynched and their just shoving a scumread down my throat and refusing to interact with me, AKA no chances to show that I'm actually Town
Show
Transcend: His name is Jordan backwards, just call him Jordan.
Something_Smart: Your name is Dnecsnart backwards, should I call you Dnecsnart?
Transcend: lol that actually sounds funny

I've got a wiki!
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 149, keyenpeydee wrote:No. Not voting your scum reads isn't scummy. I'm not defending Nadroj here but It's a player's play and you shouldn't say that's scummy.
If someone truly scum reads another player, what possible reason could there be for not voting them?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

Hi everyone. I'm going to somewhere and I can't answer your questions for now. I'll explain everything later.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 152, keyenpeydee wrote:Acutally accountant, I don't particularly agree with you when you voted Nadroj for the reason of him trying to go back to RVS. Do you seriously say that it is easy to go back to RVS when nn30 (as I think) have done scummy? Of course if someone acted scummy. suspicions will be thrown, Suspected person defends and everything continues and you still expected things to be going back to RVS?
I think that scum have more reason than town to continue making RVS votes after RVS has ended.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by Vijarada »

I'm actually hating wyvernite right now. All he's been doing is making very assertive statements. He doesn't seem to be engaging with other players and he isn't providing analysis, simply opportunism.

VOTE: Wyvernite with the caveat that I would still vote xnadrojx, and expect to do so soon.

I actually believe that nothing fruitsman has done so far is scummy. His play's been bad, but he seems to want to contribute, and lynching him would be a bad idea IMO.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Vijarada »

I mean, Wyvern was like "I have never been more confident on anything" after everyone had been talking about nadro for ages and then now he's like "contribute fruitsman" and he's the third (?) player to do that and he hasn't done anything else pretty much. He defended nn from me but didn't actually offer an opinion on him. That's pretty much it.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 158, keyenpeydee wrote:Is there even a third party here?
Nope, I was just being sarcastic. :P

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 173, fruitsman wrote:VOTE: XnadrojX

Alright. After Re-reading through the posts I'm gonna agree with the consensus.

I got marshmallows for the bonfire.
This feels like scum half-heartedly bussing a partner he thinks is doomed.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by Accountant »

Note that fruitsman's vote put XnadrojX at L-1. Please do not hammer!

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 182, fruitsman wrote:I saw how Accountant looked at them. I analyzed the crap out of his face.
...when?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by Accountant »

Yeah I'm not liking Wyvernite either but not more than I dislike fruitsman or XX.

@XX: An unwillingness to interact with you means that I think that from what you've posted so far I don't see the value in interrogating you. That does not mean I'm 100% convinced you're scum, just sufficiently convinced that I do not see the point in interrogating you. What would be the benefit for me if I do?

shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 189, Vijarada wrote:I'm actually hating wyvernite right now. All he's been doing is making very assertive statements. He doesn't seem to be engaging with other players and he isn't providing analysis, simply opportunism.

VOTE: Wyvernite with the caveat that I would still vote xnadrojx, and expect to do so soon.

I actually believe that nothing fruitsman has done so far is scummy. His play's been bad, but he seems to want to contribute, and lynching him would be a bad idea IMO.
On what grounds do you say he wants to contribute?
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by Vijarada »

I agree with accountant that fruit's vote is based not on his actually reading the thread and deciding; but I think he's just town with no idea how the game is played going with consensus. His "i'm so random lol fruit" posts are stupid but certainly reflect a desire to stick out; not something that scum, especially scum as clueless as fruit would want to do.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Vijarada »

In post 195, Accountant wrote: @XX: An unwillingness to interact with you means that I think that from what you've posted so far I don't see the value in interrogating you. That does not mean I'm 100% convinced you're scum, just sufficiently convinced that I do not see the point in interrogating you. What would be the benefit for me if I do?
You guys can stop this discussion now, by the way. You and nadro will just repeat the same thing over and over again while you both get infinitely frustrated. Unneccesary at this point.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by Accountant »

197 doesn't explain why you think fruits is trying to contribute, though.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”