bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:59 am

Post by bji »

In post 1346, Saru wrote:Thor claimed at like 6am my time (EST) when I was getting ready to head to college. I didn't see the claim until I left my class which was on my mobile 10 minutes before the deadline (I never mobile post, fwiw). I figured it would be better not to take the chance of lynching a PR, basically. Nothing more to it.
This is clearly a lie because no college student gets up at 6 am. Also no college student goes a whole day without checking every possible source of information on their phone numerous times.

j/k :) It's not
clearly
a lie, but it's no better or more verifiable than Lowell's non-reason for not hammering. Also MathBlade ...
In post 1326, MathBlade wrote:I believe Thor's claim.
Why? Why did you believe Thor's claim?

I agree that all these refusals to hammer are ... interesting.
In post 1390, ironstove wrote:I have a long flame post I wrote while night was out I'm gonna a paste it here so I can get banned from this game
Please don't.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:01 am

Post by bji »

@ironstove, @MathBlade -- I see a shitstorm of personal attacks brewing, please don't do it. It's just going to clog up the thread.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:02 am

Post by ironstove »

Like am so fucking pissed off that town no lynched on d2, I don't care what the circumstances were for that last minute claim, even if he was really tracker he fucking deserves to die for doing that claim 4 hrs before eod and I specifically said to Lynch to avoid that scenario. I know between math and Lowell at least one if not both is town and that town's play has enraged me because they are both acting like they're playing well when their play has almost coated town the game from their D2
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:05 am

Post by ironstove »

I tried being nice about this at d2 to push people to Lynch and explain why it is actually worse to no lynch than Lynch a town when a mislynch is available but people don't listen because they act like they're too fucking good at this game.

Like I don't FUCKING care if I get mod replaced I have already won fmpov it's these fucking shitty town players who are fucking idiots and can't fucking play the game correctly by listening to reason because they're so fucking obsessed with their conf bias and are basically more concerned with their egos than winning
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:16 am

Post by bji »

In post 1403, ironstove wrote:I tried being nice about this at d2 to push people to Lynch and explain why it is actually worse to no lynch than Lynch a town when a mislynch is available but people don't listen because they act like they're too fucking good at this game.

Like I don't FUCKING care if I get mod replaced I have already won fmpov it's these fucking shitty town players who are fucking idiots and can't fucking play the game correctly by listening to reason because they're so fucking obsessed with their conf bias and are basically more concerned with their egos than winning
Dude that's a little harsh.

Please show me where you "explain why it it is actually worse to no lynch than Lynch a town when a mislynch is available" ... I looked at your day 2 ISO. I see lots of "do this, because I say so", but little explanation.

Also ...
In post 1038, ironstove wrote: In retrospect I should have held my vote and waited last minute but I thought the outcome would be the same and fmpov nl was the only outcome that would have occurred had I fought the Lynch with that little time. Fmpov even if I thought mal wasn't scum, I voted because maybe I was wrong and the flip would give information.
You are one of the people who screwed up on the Day 1 lynch, you admit it here.

It was very troubling to me that you flip flopped your way onto that mislynch, and your outrage today looks a little fake to me. Me thinks thou dost protest too much ...
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:31 am

Post by ironstove »

I didn't screw up because the thor Nero Lynch wasn't happening. Yes it was an error in the sense that town was lynched but it solidified my scum read on Nero and thor.

I just said it is still the better play to Lynch someone you think is town than no lynch in the situation that a mislynch is available and people still chose to nl
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:31 am

Post by ironstove »

So you are saying I'm neros partner bji?
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:33 am

Post by ironstove »

Before you even bring up the topic of whether or not I'm scum ask yourself looking through my iso and d1 and d2 if it makes any sense that I would flip in a thor Nero team.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:34 am

Post by ironstove »

No lynching is honestly one of the worst plays you can do in a mislynch scenario barring the possibility of a save happening from a pr which we had no evidence to believe was a possibility
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:37 am

Post by ironstove »

Like I'll admit I'm not the best at explaining why someone is a scum read because a lot of it comes down to analyzing syntax and actions in past games so it really sounds ridiculous when I say in their scum game they changed vote actions 46 times but in their town game they made 16 actions as one of the elements in their scum read, so I don't bother mentioning it all I can try to do is look for reasons in their current game to help illustrate my reads
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:46 am

Post by karnos »

VOTE: MathBlade is scum. Lowell is probably scum #3.

Nero was acting hella scummy, but I don't think scum Nero would actually post an hour before deadline and blatantly not hammer.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:59 am

Post by ironstove »

If you say so VOTE: math
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:10 am

Post by bji »

In post 1410, karnos wrote:VOTE: MathBlade is scum.
Where did this come from? Surely not just OMGUS?

And please, for the love of god, don't say it has something to do with 1800 ...
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:18 am

Post by Foxbird »

Votecount 4.2

MathBlade
(2) - karnos, ironstove

Not Voting
(6) - MathBlade, Saru, Nero Cain, PenguinPower, Lowell, bji

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 4 will end in
(expired on 2016-11-30 07:11:29).

Mod Notes:

Keep it civil, friends.
Last edited by Foxbird on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:59 am

Post by ironstove »

Yea, I apologize I was out of line.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

Apology accepted. If anything it assures my townread on you. I asked that question not for the answer but how you would respond. If you feel I was out of line please let me know how but for the game let's move on. If I was out of line I apologize.

I strongly believe Karnos is trying to be manipulative rather than hunting. Lowell tried to say I suck based on gut read and after I call him out on it he has been silent. However with Lowell that could be wounded ego where as Karnos did not interact with my earlier question.

I was posting organically as I had thoughts so anyone could have hopped in and said "Hey Math what about X?" FA interacted a smudge but no one really did.

I am also of the opinion that no lynch is better than lynching town in a game with even town odd scum. The game is built in with one no lynch.

Worst case scenario is 10-3,8,6,4
Vs 10,9,7,5,3

Same amount of days.

If it was odd v odd I would agree. I explicitly hate site meta that says you have to hammer. More than likely Karnos was bussing.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1412, bji wrote:

If Lowell isn't scum bji is.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:11 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1409, ironstove wrote:Like I'll admit I'm not the best at explaining why someone is a scum read because a lot of it comes down to analyzing syntax and actions in past games so it really sounds ridiculous when I say in their scum game they changed vote actions 46 times but in their town game they made 16 actions as one of the elements in their scum read, so I don't bother mentioning it all I can try to do is look for reasons in their current game to help illustrate my reads
Would you like recent games as each alignment for me?

I intentionally try to keep my meta similar so it would be fun for me if you can find a difference.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:16 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1400, bji wrote:
In post 1346, Saru wrote:Thor claimed at like 6am my time (EST) when I was getting ready to head to college. I didn't see the claim until I left my class which was on my mobile 10 minutes before the deadline (I never mobile post, fwiw). I figured it would be better not to take the chance of lynching a PR, basically. Nothing more to it.
This is clearly a lie because no college student gets up at 6 am. Also no college student goes a whole day without checking every possible source of information on their phone numerous times.

j/k :) It's not
clearly
a lie, but it's no better or more verifiable than Lowell's non-reason for not hammering. Also MathBlade ...
In post 1326, MathBlade wrote:I believe Thor's claim.
Why? Why did you believe Thor's claim?

I agree that all these refusals to hammer are ... interesting.
In post 1390, ironstove wrote:I have a long flame post I wrote while night was out I'm gonna a paste it here so I can get banned from this game
Please don't.
I said earlier why I did. I had a townread on the tracer slot and when Thor replaced into it it stayed and he was different than Wake's game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1399, ironstove wrote:Honestly players like you math are the most toxic element in mafia scum because you act and play like you have read all of the information to make decisions and have an impact but in reality you are like one of those ppl that get their news from Yahoo Frontpage yet you feel knowledgeable enough to argue about world issues with others and leave people like me astounded and angry and wondering where you get the idea that it is OK to open your mouth
Yes sometimes I can be arrogant. Stuck up. Rude. Unwavering. I have heard it all. However usually the more resistance the more right I am. (Not always) look at the recent cancelled Theme game 4/10 scum nailed d2.

Sometimes however I am wrong. Like Wake's game. I just didn't believe Titus had guilties she had not confirmed town. I take responsibility for failures and do learn. But being loud isn't toxic. What is toxic is when discussion is stifled and by saying I am toxic from one post is ridiculous. Please go for a walk or something destroy a pillow to release anger.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:22 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1412, bji wrote:

I had some time this morning, so I read from MathBlade's replace.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... start=1250

If you have time, take a look. It's very telling now that we know Thor's alignment.

Major red flag is how MathBlade chides Lowell's intent to hammer, insisting that he let MathBlade catch up first. Then MathBlade catches up, very slowly. The Lowell/MathBlade interactions first looked to me like scum MathBlade giving his partner an out, an excuse to not hammer. There is the Lowell is town scenario though, in which case I read MathBlade's post as a very defensive push to protect Thor for one more day, before pulling a full 180 based on the tracker flip.

The only thing bothering me is the number of people who failed to lynch Thor day 2 exceeds the number of possible scum. So between Nero/Lowell/Saru/MathBlade there are at least two town, possibly even three. This is why I am thinking Nero might actually be town, and through PoE I think MathBlade & Lowell are more likely scum than Saru.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1378, Nero Cain wrote:@Karnos why did you feel we needed to end the day?
Nero is a townread for asking this.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1420, karnos wrote:
In post 1412, bji wrote:

I had some time this morning, so I read from MathBlade's replace.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... start=1250

If you have time, take a look. It's very telling now that we know Thor's alignment.

Major red flag is how MathBlade chides Lowell's intent to hammer, insisting that he let MathBlade catch up first. Then MathBlade catches up, very slowly. The Lowell/MathBlade interactions first looked to me like scum MathBlade giving his partner an out, an excuse to not hammer. There is the Lowell is town scenario though, in which case I read MathBlade's post as a very defensive push to protect Thor for one more day, before pulling a full 180 based on the tracker flip.

The only thing bothering me is the number of people who failed to lynch Thor day 2 exceeds the number of possible scum. So between Nero/Lowell/Saru/MathBlade there are at least two town, possibly even three. This is why I am thinking Nero might actually be town, and through PoE I think MathBlade & Lowell are more likely scum than Saru.
This is telling of why Karnos is scum. He had time this morning and read something that he thought scumfirmed me and didn't share it and instead just votes. Giving replace in time is standard and the blame for not hammering when they said they would goes on those who said they hammer and no one else.

Yes I pulled a 180 on Thor based on concrete information. I admitted my mistake and owned up to that. However I will not take blame for other's mistakes. I posted as I caught up and no one hardly interacted. I made a mistake but no one arguing where I was wrong also contributed.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

Lunch break is over. Karnos you will never lynch me this game. Go onto you next mislynch target because like a child my understanding of this game grows.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Lowell »

I didn't hammer because I didn't make it back in time. That's the unsatisfying truth. But it's dumb that math is pointing a finger at me when he SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR MORE TIME before I or anyone else hammered.

TBH I figured it wouldn't matter bc we had put enough pressure on math to hammer regardless of his alignment. I figured if math was town he'd hammer regardless, and if thor was town scum!math would do the standard "oh well, I don't know about this, but for teh sake of avoiding NL I'll hammer" type of posts. Like he (and is predecessor) generally do to avoid having to take any meaningful position.

To me the lack of hammer and thor's subsequent flip only confirms his scum. Esp now that we know there was an encryptor I'm sure they discussed what last-minute claim to make so that math could 'believe' it and avoid hammering.

VOTE: math

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”