Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:28 am

Post by Sikario8 »

But wouldn't Shanba benefit more from actively, if discreetly, pushing a bandwagon? Let the town lynch itself?
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
:roll:
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:28 am

Post by Sikario8 »

I'll tell you why I voted later, advisement's over
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:50 am

Post by Andycyca »

OK, two more cents.

These last posts are making me think Elmo is protown, however I'm not really sure wank is scum. Yes, he's been contributing very little to this game, but I think it's not for hiding something, maybe he's just pissed.
Crub wrote:I find it amusing that elmo considers anyone that has a negative opinion of him is a non contributor.
I missed this post in 274 and i must say i feel uncomfortable about it (I think it's a response to 258) Elmo says: "Crub/wank aren't contributing" then Crub says "you think that just because I suspect you" I smell a little emotional/OMGUS here.

About Ripley, I don't have anything for nor against. Same goes for Apple, IH and JD, given their little presence around here.

Patrick and Glork look very protown to me, as they are encouraging discussion. Shanba is the only one giving me scummy vibes, like he's trying to make up a distancing scene with anyone jumping on wagons.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:59 am

Post by Patrick »

sikario wrote:But wouldn't Shanba benefit more from actively, if discreetly, pushing a bandwagon? Let the town lynch itself?
Not sure I understand. Actively pushing a bandwagon suggests a different thing to me than letting a town lynch itself.
sikario wrote:I'll tell you why I voted later, advisement's over
Not good enough when we're deadlined in this way. If you have solid reasoning for thinking Elmo is scum, you need to share it now. I'm becoming a bit sceptical.
Andycyca wrote:Shanba is the only one giving me scummy vibes, like he's trying to make up a distancing scene with anyone jumping on wagons.
Can you elaborate on what you mean here? Do you think Shanba is scum distancing himself from someone?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:13 am

Post by IH »

A SINGER IN A SMOKY ROOM! SMELL OF WINE AND CHEAP PERFUUUUUME.

Going going reviewing reviewing reviewing.[/bardsong]
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Ether »

Votecount wrote:3 Andycyca (IH, Patrick, JDodge)
2 Elmo (Crub, Sikario8)
2 wank (Andycyca, Elmo)
1 appleof88 (Ripley)
1 Patrick (Shanba)
1 Ripley (appleof88)

2 Unvote (Glork, wank)

12 alive; 7 to lynch.
Post 296, Crub wrote:
@mod:
By [scene to be added later] do you mean that we have already failed and we have lynched one of patrick/andy?
No; [
scene to be added later
] just means I'm an idealistic newbmod who still wants to make every lynch/deadline/nightkill/replacement a big deal. If someone is lynched, I'll give its role immediately in an OOC note, lock the thread and edit the scene in at my leisure.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:57 am

Post by IH »

Glork changed his avatar to Cherry Cake. ._. Jerk.
Patrick wrote:The only person I'm getting any protown vibe from at all right now is Elmo, though it's not very tangible, and he might be one of that increasing list of people who always strike me as protown by default. I liked his reasoning for his Andy vote the most out of the current voters (although I think the point about false dichtomy is a bit of a stretch and it seemed like Glork did virtually the same thing). Now I'm thinking about it, Apple also needs to post something, although now it's been laid out I'm starting to think there might be more on Andy. I'd give Andy a higher than 3/11 chance of being scum, but not much.
I need a list of the people who are town by default.
2.A higher than 3/11 chance? 4/11? 5/11?

Crub, post 146, how do I have town points?

I dislike Andy's post 166 I think.

I disagree with Crub's assessment of Patrick me thinks.

I like Patrick's play so far. Townish.

Glork as well.

Ripley's outburst doesn't seem keeping with his character. Especially after open 20 and how he persevered there.
Wank wrote:glork: I can't tell who's scum at this point....I find everyone townie but...perhaps ih or sika has a sprinkle of scumness. IH for his possibly random comment which I think was a direct metagame post for the other game I am in now except he is being ridiculously vague about it when I asked. Sika for being a village idiot. I am of the opinion that a bad townie is as bad as scum if not worse. I also feel glork and pat is playing...too much. A lot of exchanges between them and in general. None of the above warrants enough for a vote so...this is going to be a long day.
First of all, you just dislike that I mildly insulted you, and second of all I wasn't talking about that game, since first of all you did nail one of the scums, but not the other. I just disliked your attitude from both games, and decided to try and do something about it.

Besides, even if I was, why would that be scummy, and not just playing around?

hmmm, Why
is
Ether swapping shoes for orphans?

I'd like Wank to answer Patrick's post if he hasn;t.

I don't like Elmo's defense of Wank.
Elmo wrote: I think you're contributing a lot in terms only useful to you two - I could go and reread Face-to-face, for example, but I hardly have the understanding that you two have of it. I don't find it scummy, but I think that's what he means.
This is false, especially considering Wank's quote Patrick quoted.

I dislike most of post 201 I think from Elmo.... except...

The "Players should always be voting" is actually something of merit that Glork has said before.
Wank wrote:Comment on the following two sentences please:
I am 100% townie.
I am a townie.
Anyone is welcome, not just pat.
unvote, vote:Wank
Answer the question. Quit deflecting attention pluz.
Wank wrote:I played my last game with andy. Like most of you, he's read up on mafia theory and has a good number of games under his belt. As such, he demonstrated his ability to act like a townie on day one in our game. In other words, I can't read his alignment on day one or at least, I find it hard to do so. Incidently, this is the reason why I find it silly to study so much mafia theory. To hunt scum successfully, one should employee an original approach. For better or worse, at least it's fun.
Why can't you mix the two? Silly Wank.
Wank wrote:I feel this is insulting of me to say but when was the last time a cop put up a sign reading radar check in half mile so they may catch speeders? Let's all loudly pronounce our guidelines for scumminess!! Why don't we just call it a game and let scum win. I already have anticipated the onslaught of questions to this comment but save your breath.
This is a senseless argument. I've had it before with Jathan aka ShadowLurker of all people a LONG time ago. We ended up both being wrong, but I digress. Answer the question, divulging why something is scummy is when you say why you think it's scummy.

If not, then you were obviously just trying to make the person look bad and don't have a reason why posting too much is scummy. Just trying to make a productive player look scummy, without comitting.

in other words, answer the question.
Glork wrote:
Son, what I speak is law around here. If I say Apples is town, then he's definitely, absolutely town.
Glork is funny. He has limited info and making assumptions which he will revoke when someone like Battle Mage replaces Apples :roll:

<3

I thought Ether's word was law around here? ZOMG

The 100% town and I am town thing is absolutely stupid. It's like "Only scum claim vanilla!". Sorry, thats not it at all.
Patrick wrote:I can see you overestimating yourself actually.
TOLD YOU!

Semantics have very little to do with finding scum, usually they get a townie lynched while keeping the town confused. See Open 20 for more info. = )
Wank wrote:Moronic? How laughable. If I were scum and forced to claim, by saying I was 100% townie, I would have fooled all of you. Now I am turning into a logic tool like the rest of you so I should shut up before it's too late.
You would have fooled us by thinking you WEREN'T lying, but we would have assumed you claimed townie, and that does nothing. Now we'd lynch you. Shut up.
Wank wrote:I am probably a post away from replacing myself. You guys are doing essentially what Oman did in my last game and it's really stupid. But I can't change anyone but myself. It's rather sad that an intelligent community here can be so...unintelligent.

I want a sentence on the votes for me. (Don't post a novel.)
I will testify you aren't playing at all like you did in your last game. You actually made an attempt to find scum. Here you're just arguing semantics. Pointless ones at that. You're attempting to make the game alot more complicated. Town wins when things get simpler, not complicated.

Shanba, what did Patrick do?

Elmo likes Shanba.... who's been posting less than me..... and then comes out of nowhere, proclaims patrick did something twice and votes him?
Elmo wrote:I truly hate lynching 'non-contributors' but I don't see a better lynch at the moment. And we can't just not lynch people because they don't make sense, because the meta will be horrific. So, uh, yeah. Let's hope this produces something interesting.
So.... why are you voting patrick?
Shanba wrote:Jumped on a wagon just as it's taking off.
Don't take a guardian viewpoint please.

Wank is being significantly more unhelpful than he was when I saw him as town. I am fine with my vote on him.

I like Ripley's post 280. Feels intuitive and searching.

Patrick and Ripley are having that Brit mojo they had the last two times I played together with them.

WARNING, I skimmed when I did this. Correct me if I made a jackass of myself.

GOGO ETHER'S SPECIFIC REPLACEMENT IN MIND! I KNOW HIM!

Mod
:My vote should be on Wank if it's not.

Your vote is on Wank
now
. Tags fixed.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Sikario8 »

Patrick wrote:
sikario wrote:But wouldn't Shanba benefit more from actively, if discreetly, pushing a bandwagon? Let the town lynch itself?
Not sure I understand. Actively pushing a bandwagon suggests a different thing to me than letting a town lynch itself.
sikario wrote:I'll tell you why I voted later, advisement's over
Not good enough when we're deadlined in this way. If you have solid reasoning for thinking Elmo is scum, you need to share it now. I'm becoming a bit sceptical.
Andycyca wrote:Shanba is the only one giving me scummy vibes, like he's trying to make up a distancing scene with anyone jumping on wagons.
Can you elaborate on what you mean here? Do you think Shanba is scum distancing himself from someone?
Catalyst. When I say let the town lynch itself, I do not mean by lurking, I mean by voting and actually having the town lynch itself while NKing at the same time – dual attack. When you say you’re becoming a bit sKeptical and say that my reason isn’t good enough – what do you mean? You’re shooting one-liners. What do
you
think about Shanba, what is your opinion?

I want to hear your reasoning and sound logic the same way you want to hear mine. This is a town, not commi nation.

@IH: I'm going to read what you wrote, I promise. Just not now...
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Patrick »

Interesting job with the quote tags there IH. I'm going to assume the first quote that you attributed to wank is actually mostly you, since I can't remember anyone else saying those things.

As for people who strike me as town by default, there are loads. Ripley is one, petroleumjelly is another (though I've never been bitten there), Mert is probably another. People who appear to think similarly to me and who make clear posts basically. In the past I've been lazy, and allowed myself to overlook certain people just for those reasons, which can be dangerous. (There are also certain people who naturally come off as scummy to me, and again I have to tune my scumdar to that). As for the chance of Andy being scum thing, I don't often assign numbers. The only reason I pulled out the 3/11 figure is because that's the average chance from my POV of someone being scum, and I felt he was more likely than average. I don't know whether it would be nearer to 4/11 or 5/11.
IH wrote:I dislike Andy's post 166 I think.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with this, although on it's own it isn't much.
IH wrote:Ripley's outburst doesn't seem keeping with his character. Especially after open 20 and how he persevered there.
My interpretation was that Pie E7 has made him more cynical. I think he sounded genuine there but I don't find it an indicator of alignment.
IH wrote:Wank is being significantly more unhelpful than he was when I saw him as town. I am fine with my vote on him.
Interesting. Which game?

sikario wrote:When you say you’re becoming a bit sKeptical and say that my reason isn’t good enough – what do you mean? You’re shooting one-liners. What do you think about Shanba, what is your opinion?
The reason I'm becoming a bit sceptical, is that so far you haven't really done anything at all, so I don't like how you think you're in a position to be witholding reasons, especially with a deadline. I don't know if your reason is good enough, because I don't know what it is, or even if you have one.

Your suggestion that I'm shooting one liners makes it obvious you haven't read my posts. And I gave an opinion of Shanba only a few posts ago. What's going on here?
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:43 am

Post by Sikario8 »

i have no idea, but i'll get over it
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Sikario8 »

unvote
vote JDodge
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:56 am

Post by Ripley »

IH, you're starting to do that thing you did in the last game, where you were scum incidentally, where you post nothing. or nothing but meaninglessness, for a while, then a great long rambling post tending towards incomprehensibility. OK, this one isn't too bad after the quoting mistakes at the beginning, but really you've been around long enough to know you should preview posts to check the quote tags.

Now. You said in an earlier post:
IH wrote:I will comment on other stuff as promised, but i would like to note that not only has Wank's helpfulness improved, his attitude is more sufferable.

Now it sounds like you don't think he's been helpful at all. Like Patrick I'd like to take a look at this other game you mention where he was playing differently and attempting to find scum. Especially since we have Crub's opinion that his play here is consistent with his play as protown elsewhere.

For now at any rate I'm going to
Unvote; Vote JDodge

For persistent refusal to post content for the whole of the day; consistent neglect over a sustained period that can't be put down to exams, holidays, illness etc etc. In a game where there's been a general feeling that nobody's been all that scummy, and people are struggling to find good reasons to vote, I think we might as well use the opportunity to ditch some deadwood. There's no reason to expect his play to change and the problem he presents will become ever more acute as numbers lessen.

Also, while I haven't played with Glork before he clearly has a fine reputation as a scumhunter, and has already listed half the players as protown: Crub, Elmo, IH, Glork, Andy, apple. If you put your faith in Glork here and believe he's protown, the chances of JDodge being scum look encouraging.

This vote isn't cast in stone. Sikario, Shanba and wank stand out as alternatives.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:20 am

Post by Patrick »

Elmo, any chance you could articulate why Shanba has given you weak town vibes earlier on?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Glork »

Eh, when I list the protown players, there's always a chance that one scumbag sneaks onto the list.

I honestly don't know who I want lynched right now. No clear candidate sticks out in my mind.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Elmo »

IH: I don't think I've defended wank, and, uh, I'm voting for him. The "contributing a lot in terms only useful to you two" bit is just a guess ("I think that's what he means") because I tend to assume people make sense, and the obvious interpretation doesn't. Post 201 just explains why I'm voting for Andy, I don't think he's that scummy, just interesting enough to wagon for a bit (I say that there), not sure what you don't like about it. Glork's unvote, I simply can't think of a motive as scum, there's no point, so I'm calling it null, personally. I'm not feeling as good about Shanba now (see last post, f.e.) but maybe half your posts aren't contentful, so I don't think that's entirely fair - he's got 11 all-content posts, you've got maybe 15 content posts. Haven't been feeling strongly anything about either of you.
IH wrote:So.... why are you voting patrick?
Don't understand the question. At the time you ask it, I'm voting wank. At the time I said what you quoted, I'd switched my vote to Patrick, because that's the place it stands the highest chance of making something interesting happen, which is basically what you're quoting. Lynching wank gives us very little info, ya?
Patrick wrote:Elmo, any chance you could articulate why Shanba has given you weak town vibes earlier on?
My vague impression is that he plays scum lil' bit like his ava, blending into the background. He kinda jumps on me in an aggressive way that I found a bit townish (hard to describe, but he seemed to genuinely want to know why I'm doing that rather than wanting to make me look bad or something, although it's fairly ambiguous), then backs off a bit. I got the general impression that you were jumping onto Andy's wagon, so there's that "we're thinking the same thing so he might be town" thing that happens, and he seems to want to prod and poke and get things moving a bit.

On rethinking, your Andy vote was after it was actually realistically going to be a lynch. So actually Shanba's vote was for a different reason, which turns out not to be true, I think (hence last post).

Actually I'm none too happy with Shanba, atm - I feel Andy's town and it's very possible you're town, which doesn't look that good for him. And he jumps onto the Andywagon in 98 while accusing you of the same. Hmmmmm.

IH's been ill, like, I somehow don't think the long slightly abstruse post is a scumtell.

I hate JDodge's last post with a passion. Seriously, that's nastier than ten times everything Andy's done combined. I am well tempted to vote him instead, and I may yet do so. Still thinking.

Mod
: Any chance of fixing IH's quote tags, somehow? PM or something?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Glork »

I'm down with a Shanba-lynch.

Just sayin'.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:45 am

Post by Elmo »

I'd do that, too. What'd you of JDodge lynch, Glork? 295 =
amazingly
scummy.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:58 am

Post by JDodge »

Elmo wrote:I'd do that, too. What'd you of JDodge lynch, Glork? 295 =
amazingly
scummy.
I find it odd the way Elmo's obsessing over this, but not actually acting on it. Does anyone else agree?
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Glork »

Eh. I'm somewhat apathetic about a JDodge lynch. I'm not a huge fan of the post, but I know that JD's posts so far have been consistent with his general posting style. Naturally, I'd like him to elaborate on why he thinks Andy is scum (including why "save his own skin" -- if true -- is indicative of being a scumbag) and I'd like to hear his thoughts on everyone else.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:05 am

Post by JDodge »

Glork wrote:Eh. I'm somewhat apathetic about a JDodge lynch. I'm not a huge fan of the post, but I know that JD's posts so far have been consistent with his general posting style. Naturally, I'd like him to elaborate on why he thinks Andy is scum (including why "save his own skin" -- if true -- is indicative of being a scumbag) and I'd like to hear his thoughts on everyone else.
Meh, it was more "I don't like a Patrick lynch, and something seems off about Andy's vote" thing
stream

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Elmo »

JDodge wrote:I find it odd the way Elmo's obsessing over this, but not actually acting on it. Does anyone else agree?
Two posts is hardly obsessing. Regardless, I find it scummy, is it bad to 'obsess' over possible scumtells, JD?

I said I was still thinking.

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:14 am

Post by JDodge »

Elmo wrote:
JDodge wrote:I find it odd the way Elmo's obsessing over this, but not actually acting on it. Does anyone else agree?
Two posts is hardly obsessing. Regardless, I find it scummy, is it bad to 'obsess' over possible scumtells, JD?

I said I was still thinking.
Yes. It is. Because obsessing over one thing means that you're trying to mount a charge on someone with reasoning that you
acknowledge
is weak, but try to reinforce by repeating ad nauseam.
stream

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Elmo »

Argumentum ad nauseam is bad, but it's hardly what I was doing. Why did you say I was 'obsessing'? Why is it odd not to act on it at that time?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Elmo »

JDodge wrote:I'd say that the better lynch at the moment is andy, based on
that last post
JDodge wrote:Meh, it was more "I don't like a Patrick lynch, and
something seems off about Andy's vote
" thing
BZZZT, WRONG. Which is it?

Why is "clearly he is trying to save his own skin" worth a vote? Your given reason for voting him is post 294. What's so scummy about it?

Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Andycyca »

Quick post (escaped from Bio class)

@Patrick: I mean that Shanba accuses you of jumping wagons as soon as they start, but I don't think you're scum, so a nice possibility could be that Shanba is trying to pull off a framejob by "Distancing" with you. More when I get home
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”