TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:02 am

Post by TwoFace »

so what are you're thoughts on misa replacing out? I was kind of suspicious of misa earlier before copper distracted me. I don't know how to process this replacement.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:06 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 499, MortFeld wrote:I agree that it doesn't make sense to state intention to unvote at L-1 instead of just unvoting at L-2. But why would scum be more likely to do this than town? If scum!Copper's goal is for a Creeps mislynch, he'd just leave his vote on and say nothing. I suppose it makes a bit of sense if Copper and Creeps are both scum, since his vote is an option select of sorts: someone else is lynched, Creeps stays alive and Copper's vote is on Creeps and not a townie; Creeps is lynched, it's a pretty reasonable bus. But I don't see a hugely convincing case on Copper from this.
Well that depends on creeps alignment I guess.

if copper/creeps are scum, obviously he's protecting his buddy

if copper is scum/creep is stown - he could be doing that to make him appear like a cautious townie to earn some brownie points.

if copper is town/regardless what creep is - I don't know.

If I were uncomfortable with somebody being at L-2, I wouldn't wait until he got to L-1 because to unvote. There is no guarantee I would be around at that point and if a bad hammer happened while I was away, that would mean I played poorly because I should have unvoted when I had the chance.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:09 am

Post by MortFeld »

What I'm struggling with specifically is that you're saying your argument is that you can't see the townie motivation behind his actions, but what you're actually doing is giving solid scum motivations for his actions. The mere fact that I can picture Copper as town means that there are possible townie motivations, even if they're less convincing than the scum ones.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:10 am

Post by MortFeld »

The fact that something isn't good town play doesn't make it not town play - my part in the Copper discussion is proof enough for me at least.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

I don't even know what to say to this. I don't understand how you two don't understand.

Whatever. This whole interaction screams TvTT to me at this point. So it's irrelevant. It makes it a shame we lost Copper over it, but what are we gonna do about it.

I'm all for a push on the TB/Misa wagon. In fact I'd bet there's scum in one of those slots.

Lohik's slot also worries me. Misa wanting a replacement pings me.
nah
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:15 am

Post by TwoFace »

yeah I have issues with that. If I see somebody do something that in my mind most townies wouldn't do, I have a hard time accepting that they are a townie. The simplest explanation to me is that they aren't. I don't see how you can tell the difference between scum and a bad player
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:17 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 504, Human Sequencer wrote:Whatever. This whole interaction screams TvTT to me at this point. So it's irrelevant. It makes it a shame we lost Copper over it, but what are we gonna do about it.
at 2 blatantly false accusations came from copper. Explain to me how that comes from town?
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:24 am

Post by MortFeld »

In post 504, Human Sequencer wrote:I don't even know what to say to this. I don't understand how you two don't understand.

Whatever. This whole interaction screams TvTT to me at this point. So it's irrelevant. It makes it a shame we lost Copper over it, but what are we gonna do about it.
The whole reason I'm bringing it up again is that I'm trying to understand TwoFace's point, and not just chalk it up to TvTT only to later find out that TwoFace or Copper is scum.
In post 504, Human Sequencer wrote: I'm all for a push on the TB/Misa wagon. In fact I'd bet there's scum in one of those slots.

Lohik's slot also worries me. Misa wanting a replacement pings me.
I agree that Misa wanting a replacement is meaningful, especially if she's scum with Creeps, Lohik, or TB. How does the Lohik slot worry you though? They confirmed and then didn't post once. Is it because they posted in another game?
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:26 am

Post by TwoFace »

somehow I missed lohik actually confirmed, I don't see why you would confirm and at least not post something but there is nothing from that slot we can use so we can only wait for a replacement and see what they have to say.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:28 am

@TwoFace No. I've had enough arguing over something so pedantic and obvious with a VI.
You know you're town. I assume you're town. For fucks sake please drop it before you drive me out of the game too.
Let's find scum.

@Mort I read Copper as really town so far, and TwoFace reads VI through and through.
New players are very likely to flake out of scum slots. This applies to Misa too.
nah
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:36 am

Post by MortFeld »

Ok. Like TwoFace said, I don't really know what to do other than vote who I think is scum (Misa, TB) and wait for replacements/for them to come back from V/LA.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:41 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 509, Human Sequencer wrote:@TwoFace No. I've had enough arguing over something so pedantic and obvious with a VI.
You know you're town. I assume you're town. For fucks sake please drop it before you drive me out of the game too.
Let's find scum
Let's ignore the obviously false accusations about me

What is your opinion about copper accusing ThinkBig of game avoiding when earlier in the day (saturday the 5th) ThinkBig had just made 14 game related posts including giving a list of reads.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:45 am

Post by TwoFace »

the longest period of inactivity from Think Big came after he declared v/la.
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Drone »

TB in my experience has ALWAYS given game avoiding vibes. That's why I'm not too excited about TB, he'll give us answers at some point.

@Twoface.
I've always bought emotional plays unless I felt they were fake. I was never wrong with that.
UNVOTE: TwoFace

Having a hard time playing with this activity. So I openly say I'm lurky.
For science. For the mind!
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 485, keyenpeydee wrote:
Well, All I have to say is that keep everything cool. I know conflicts can't be avoided sometimes but I'm trying to do my best to make it okay. Unfortunately, I did wrong because I said that Copper would be replaced if he continues to insult TwoFace which is really really wrong on my part as a mod. I also have real life stuffs that is more important than this and I should ask myself to just don't get stressed all about it. Keep in mind, I have 3 people getting replaced and 1 getting prodded. How should a mod don't get stressed about that when his objective is to afford a cool and enjoyable game?

But all in all, Carry on.
@MOD I know you said no extensions... but we just lost 33% of the game's players .. can I request an extension until they are filled?

Sure :) I'll extend it if we have reached the deadline and see if it's needed :D - Mod
Last edited by keyenpeydee on Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:08 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 500, TwoFace wrote:so what are you're thoughts on misa replacing out? I was kind of suspicious of misa earlier before copper distracted me. I don't know how to process this replacement.
I think they might of replaced out due to the heavy negative chi in the game. Currently negative emotions are both high and heavy and has kinda afflicted the game making it less fun to play. The negative atmosphere isn't great considering its already a charged game. I also considered replacing out just because of the general cloud of negative energy flowing in the game, but I'm sticking with it to allow my good chi to flow into the bad and hopefully when the replacements enter things will just kinda level off. given peoples initial reaction to my second post I feel it is likely that town here will recover we just need to give them a bit of breathing room and stay positive so the negativity starts to peter out.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 505, TwoFace wrote:yeah I have issues with that. If I see somebody do something that in my mind most townies wouldn't do, I have a hard time accepting that they are a townie. The simplest explanation to me is that they aren't. I don't see how you can tell the difference between scum and a bad player
I think im pretty good at setting that up once you've played a game with me :3
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 500, TwoFace wrote:so what are you're thoughts on misa replacing out? I was kind of suspicious of misa earlier before copper distracted me. I don't know how to process this replacement.
Am I talking to two face, to everyone or to myself. Taking votes now!

Answer; evoba eeht fo lla
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:20 am

In post 515, Naomi-Tan wrote: I feel it is likely that town here will recover we just need to give them a bit of breathing room
Why are you referring to town as a separate entity from yourself?

@TwoFace
I think Copper was correlating up a case based on a lot of different leads, including TB's inactivity and TB's jump on his wagon. I don't think it would have pinged strongly to him were it not for other information to flesh out his case.
nah
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:21 am

Post by MortFeld »

Are games usually more friendly?
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:21 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 515, Naomi-Tan wrote:
I think they might of replaced out due to the heavy negative chi in the game. Currently negative emotions are both high and heavy and has kinda afflicted the game making it less fun to play. The negative atmosphere isn't great considering its already a charged game. I also considered replacing out just because of the general cloud of negative energy flowing in the game, but I'm sticking with it to allow my good chi to flow into the bad and hopefully when the replacements enter things will just kinda level off. given peoples initial reaction to my second post I feel it is likely that town here will recover we just need to give them a bit of breathing room and stay positive so the negativity starts to peter out.
meh I don't really agree with a negative chi. just people calling each other scum and trying to get them lynched.

I did notice that misa's first 2 games were town so it's going to be interesting to see what she flips. If she is scum, she has fallen into the trap that so many other n00b scum have fallen into. Unfortuantely there isn't enough to lynch her for so we'll wait for a replacement
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:21 am

@Mort
Yes.
nah
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:21 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 518, Human Sequencer wrote:including TB's inactivity
But that's my point. There was no TB inactivity.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:24 am

Post by MortFeld »

I should read some more games.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:26 am

@Mort I understand you come from the lens of that other newbie with TwoFace and probably a few games where you made a mistake and was unfairly drilled for it.
But not every game has to be like that.
If you have the time...
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=11587
This game from 2009 inspired me to play Mafia because of how much fun every player is having and how fun it is to read.
Also, newbie 1744 was a lot more civil from most of us.

Negativity is probably my biggest weakness right now. I'd love to be a player like spyrex, thesp or naomi, but I just love drilling into people too much, and love being drilled too much.
nah

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”