'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 am

Post by Dasquian »

I'm interested because you're directing the town's lynch choices quite significantly. You're saying who is and isn't the recruiter - which is great, as I keep saying - and we, as a town, are using that information.

What you're
not
saying is your role mechanics and,
as I already said
, you may well have good reason for this but it means we shouldn't follow your results as though they were as strong as a full uncountered-cop-claim-result because - guess what - you're so very far from being a full, uncountered cop.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying we should lynch you. I'm not even saying we should press you right now. You presumably came out with your role info earlier because you were hoping to get us somewhere useful and I wanted to know if we'd gotten to that point yet. Is that unreasonable?
Ectomancer wrote:Oh I'm sure there is at least 1 player who is VERY interested in the mechanics of my role. I'm wondering why you would be doing their work for them (if you aren't them)

Were you the night 1 Cult Target Dasquian?
Scare tactics, which I'm not going to buckle under. Remaining open-minded and refusing to follow people blindly is
not
anti-town behaviour.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Twentieth Vote Count of Day Three:

Peers - 5 (Crub, Mariyta, Setael, Ectomancer, Dasquian)

cicero - 3 (Yosarian2, Arafax, Sudo_Nym)
Mastermind of Sin - 2 (cicero, Battle Mage)
PookyTheMagicalBear - 1 (HackerHuck)

Not Voting - 6 (PookyTheMagicalBear, AniX, Mastermind of Sin, -TinVision-, Sir.Laggalot, Peers)

With seventeen present, it will take nine votes to lynch normally.
To avoid things dragging, however, you
now have a retractable deadline for December 4th, 2007
. At deadline, 50% of
cast
votes will be sufficient to lynch; right now with eleven cast, that would mean six.
No one currently has that total.

An increase in posting by a broader segment of the players could retract this; I will re-evaluate in about a week.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:45 am

Post by Peers »

Vote: MoS

I find myself agreeing with cicero and BattleMage more than I usually do in this game -- so given that I've got no support on my "Crub feels evil" gut feelings, I'll support them with theirs.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Mariyta »

Just a warning: It's getting near to the end of the semester and I have a ton I need to do, so there might be a significant drop in my activity.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:53 am

Post by cicero »

Crub feels less and less evil as I read him in isolation. I think he feels evil for the same reason VitaminR did. Sparse posting. But I quite like some of his questions with respect to Mariyta's claim. Not clearing him by any stretch but between the Ecto clear and what he's found suspicious I dont think he's the play today.

At the same time, Ecto suggesting that anyone who challenges his role is scum is very scummy crap nonsense. Ecto orchestrated this whole thing. He put out that Crub is not the cult recruiter then actually vote-smacked me when I dared to ask why he would say that. He's still threatening anyone who dares to ask questions. i doubt I would get away with similar behavior. I am inclined to believe Ectomancer because previously he looked pro-town to me before he claims. If it wasnt for that I'd be screaming for his head by now with the way he's playing. This town needs to remember that either Mariyta or Ectomancer could be gambitting us. That having been said, I'm still inclined to believe him. I just think looking for details is not a scumtell and anyone backing up Ecto's bullying should give their head a shake.

Finally, yes. I think MoS is the play right now. Even though Peers is agreeing with me, I think he's a perfectly reasonable place for votes to go as well.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Dasquian, did you miss this post?
Ectomancer wrote:
Dasquian wrote:I'm still here, and still wanting to do that big run-down of my thoughts. Sorry I haven't gotten round to it this week, I got mobbed by RL work but I'll definitely get some time at the weekend.

I'm a bit dubious about following Ecto's cryptic cop-pish claim to clear or incriminate people. Not because I think he's lying, just because we're all putting a lot of stock in it without really understanding it and that seems dangerous.
I endorse this statement.

Looking forward to any big thought posts or PbP by anyone at this point.
Because since then you have brought up the same point

here
Ectomancer's psuedo-claim is a little more troubling. The very fact he's sticking his neck out to make it plays in his favour enough to convince me he's not the right choice for today, at least, but the lack of specifics and general "trust me" undertone to his approach means it could still be a scum gambit of some description. I would definitely appreciate more information, and I think I'm justified in asking for this: Ecto, given it's been a while since you laid out your gambit and everyone has posted a fair bit since, did you get what you expected? If not, why not?
and here
Ectomancer wrote:
Dasquian, I don't understand what you mean by my "gambit", or "what I hoped to get" from it. There is no need for me to go into it all, as it will all come out as it should.
OK, this is what I don't like. You've claimed to have information that will lead us to a cult recruiter, and at face value, that's superb. I have no real reason to doubt it, but then again, I have no real reason to follow it without understanding the details.

My problem is that after all of what you said, you haven't made good on your initial implied recruiter-hunting ability and given us a good direction to go in, so now I'm considering other possibilities - was this all a big play to look like a concealed power-role, without actually delivering anything of substance? If you think keeping quiet at this point is the best move, fair play, I'm certainly not going to rock that boat. Just know that right now you've not given us too much, and I remain suspicious.
If you aren't going to rock the boat, then why are you rocking the boat?

Ectomancer wrote:
Oh I'm sure there is at least 1 player who is VERY interested in the mechanics of my role. I'm wondering why you would be doing their work for them (if you aren't them)

Were you the night 1 Cult Target Dasquian?
Scare tactics, which I'm not going to buckle under. Remaining open-minded and refusing to follow people blindly is not anti-town behaviour.
To where am I blindly leading the town? I have made direct statements that can be taken for their face value. I have agreed with anyone who suggested that it should be taken for no more than face value. Aside from that, I have speculated upon many theories, some which later gained actual evidence in support of them, (cult) some that were disproven (or seem to be anyhow) by claims that have witnessed support now (BM). I've made suggestions as to how our Frog Brother Masons should behave in order to protect them and us. Do you disagree with that? I welcome any dissection of it.
My current vote is an admitted bandwagon vote and I'm not grabbing anyone by the nose to join it.
Anyhow, not sure where I am blindly leading everyone.
The fact is though, the Cult Recruiter should be
very
interested in me. What can I do? What can I not do? What happens if he targets me? What happens if one of his cult members tries to kill me? What happens if I target him?
Now this game seems late, and in a fashion it really could be if the cult can effectively "hoard" a bunch of kills and use them in a single night, but it is still Day 3. If we have a Cult Recruiter, they must be feeling hemmed in as the net grows tighter.
Maritya has been bitten, but is exposed and says she will remain town.
I believe my statement concerning the Frog Brothers will effectively provide protection for them from the cult and from suspicion from us because they are very confirmable via results.
Hopefully BM and HH have some way to keep each other safe from the cult and suspicion as well. Im not going to ask, but if they do, it is yet another town member safe.
You follow me right? The net grows tighter. The wiggle room grows smaller and CR really needs to know what's going on with me as soon as possible or they could make a fatal mistake.

Hence my suspicion of being pressed about details. I said already, only take what I say at face value, but you asked me direct questions Dasquian, regarding my role. You weren't just warning others not to play the Mice to my Pied Piper.

It's very scummy behavior.

Cicero, it is interesting to say I am bullying in an environment where there is no physical presence and I hold no power not possessed by any other. You are additionally under suspicion for pressing for a release of information in a much broader range than simply my role and with little pressure to do so. I've already called into suspicion your eagerness to claim Beach Bum and you still could be the CR. He could also be your night 1 target and after I nixed your attempt for divulging all information, he steps in later for the attempt.

It means your opinion on the topic of whether it is scummy or not to be pressing me is null here, as is mine where the town is concerned. They can look at the quotes and make their own decision.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Peers »

Wow. That's possibly the most scummy "No, -you- are scummy" post I've read since I got to this board.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Peers wrote:
Vote: MoS

I find myself agreeing with cicero and BattleMage more than I usually do in this game -- so given that I've got no support on my "Crub feels evil" gut feelings, I'll support them with theirs.
So because you've agreed with them on other topics and no one will support your wagon, you'll vote with them instead? That seems like a bullshit vote designed to create a counterwagon to your own wagon in hopes that you won't get lynched. You couldn't very well support a cicero wagon since you've been on his side, but you have no problem supporting an MoS wagon without any reasoning for your vote or even an analysis of other people's reasons. Seems more like you are nervous about your own wagon than anything else.

Vote: Peers

I'll read back and comment on more stuff when I have time.
Permanent V/LA.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Peers »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:So because you've agreed with them on other topics and no one will support your wagon, you'll vote with them instead? That seems like a bullshit vote designed to create a counterwagon to your own wagon in hopes that you won't get lynched. You couldn't very well support a cicero wagon since you've been on his side, but you have no problem supporting an MoS wagon without any reasoning for your vote or even an analysis of other people's reasons. Seems more like you are nervous about your own wagon than anything else.

Holy OMGUS, Batman!

So, because I agreed with two people that voting for you was the best plan... and because I didn't vote for one of the people who're voting for you instead... you're going to vote for me?

That's the OMGUSiest OMGUS that ever OMGUSed an OMGUS.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:31 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Peers wrote:Wow. That's possibly the most scummy "No, -you- are scummy" post I've read since I got to this board.
Elaboration. You should try it. Though I could be wrong, I doubt most players here would agree with you, with the exception of possibly Cicero.

Oh yes, your MOS vote was indeed scummy and his counter-vote wasn't an OMGUS unless he thinks you suck for being a sheep following BM and Cicero, both of whom have dubious ground to stand upon. I dont know why you think blindly following their vote (with no case yet I might add), and not even contributing at all to why he might be scummy certainly deserves a vote.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually Ecto, MoS's vote looked pretty darn OMGUS from where i'm sitting...
He evens admits that he only finds him scummy because he is pushing a lynch on him. :p

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Arafax »

Dasquain - I find your logic weak....Basically WIFOM

Peers - I agree with MoS that your vote seems weak...Can you give more to your vote other than the BM & cicero "support."

MoS that is def a OMGUS vote though...Both of you are looking scummy.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Ecto, all I'm saying is that taking your info at face value is fine, but it's not got the reliability of a standard cop claim
at the moment
and I don't think it's unreasonable to press you for conclusions you've drawn after the time we've had working under your half-claim. Likewise, if you still don't think it's the right time to reveal more, fine - that's your call.

I'm not voting you, I'm not suggesting anyone else should either, but
damn
are you getting defensive about this one.

Arafax - all of it? Or something in particular?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Peers »

Arafax wrote:Peers - I agree with MoS that your vote seems weak...Can you give more to your vote other than the BM & cicero "support."
Sure. Of the five most-voted people, I find him scummiest, mainly due to his reactions to other people's posts and the last of anything truely concrete in his own postings.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:38 pm

Peers wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:So because you've agreed with them on other topics and no one will support your wagon, you'll vote with them instead? That seems like a bullshit vote designed to create a counterwagon to your own wagon in hopes that you won't get lynched. You couldn't very well support a cicero wagon since you've been on his side, but you have no problem supporting an MoS wagon without any reasoning for your vote or even an analysis of other people's reasons. Seems more like you are nervous about your own wagon than anything else.

Holy OMGUS, Batman!

So, because I agreed with two people that voting for you was the best plan... and because I didn't vote for one of the people who're voting for you instead... you're going to vote for me?

That's the OMGUSiest OMGUS that ever OMGUSed an OMGUS.
I'm not voting for you because you didn't vote Cicero. I'm just explaining why you, as scum (or as town, perhaps), would not have voted cicero, because I'm sure some idiot would have come along and said, "Well cicero had more votes than MoS, so if Peers was trying to help a competing wagon he would've voted cicero!" I just wanted to cut off that potential bullshit.
Battle Mage wrote:actually Ecto, MoS's vote looked pretty darn OMGUS from where i'm sitting...
He evens admits that he only finds him scummy because he is pushing a lynch on him. :p

BM
That's because your definition of OMGUS is "If player X votes for player Y after Player Y has voted for Player X, it must be OMGUS."

My vote is not OMGUS. I would have cast the vote for peers no matter who he voted for, if he did it in that manner. It was not necessarily *who* he voted for that was scummy, it was *how* he did it. That's why my vote isn't OMGUS.
Arafax wrote:Dasquain - I find your logic weak....Basically WIFOM

Peers - I agree with MoS that your vote seems weak...Can you give more to your vote other than the BM & cicero "support."

MoS that is def a OMGUS vote though...Both of you are looking scummy.
See above explanation. If you have a counterargument to actually show that my vote is OMGUS, go ahead. Otherwise, stop being opportunistic.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:39 pm

Peers wrote:
Arafax wrote:Peers - I agree with MoS that your vote seems weak...Can you give more to your vote other than the BM & cicero "support."
Sure. Of the five most-voted people, I find him scummiest, mainly due to his reactions to other people's posts and the last of anything truely concrete in his own postings.
What was the "last" of anything truly concrete in my postings? Or did you mean "lack"?
Permanent V/LA.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by Peers »

Meant 'lack'. It's cold. Fingers numb. Send in the Saint Bernards with kegs of whiskey strapped to their necks, or I may be done for...
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:56 pm

I'm glad you meant lack. If you meant last, you had a defensible position. I think you'll have a hard time justifying the assertion that my posting has had a lack of anything concrete. You'd better start now, because that accusation isn't looking good.
Permanent V/LA.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Peers wrote:
Next on our tour ladies and gentleman, we have this beautiful exhibit of Irony.

Any reason why you are limited to the five most-voted people? Don't bother telling us you are here to save us from a No-Lynch. That is Cicero's job :roll:

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by cicero »

Man, I think Ecto has a crush on me. Too bad he isn't a woman anymore.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:07 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Hey. Just got off a 96 hour turkey and pie bender. Will finish reading after sleep.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

cicero wrote:Man, I think Ecto has a crush on me. Too bad he isn't a woman anymore.
Hey, I don't mind losing a wristwatch if that is what you want...

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:39 am

Post by Mariyta »

A) I'm liking my Peers vote more every time he posts;
B) Um, ew? I don't want those images, Ecto. Dirty, dirty boy.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:04 am

Post by cicero »

Ecto = highly creepy.

No means no, dude.

No.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:46 am

Post by Ectomancer »

:twisted:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”