California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:04 pm

Post by Talitha »

I approve of Sarcastro taking charge of the game. A couple questions. We don't lose automatically if a townie gets daykilled, right? WE still get a lynch? I'm pretty sure this is correct, so I am very much in favour of a daykill today. Sarc, why does number 34 have a daykill, flavourwise? I googled quickly and it was not apparent to me.

I actually think in this game it's not going to make a huge difference what order we claim in. I think in the interests of time we should just get on with it, because we're up against the clock abd there's no way to know when we'll get a replacement for Zindy. After a mass claim we might be confident enough to kill him even without a replacement or a claim. I haven't been looking forward to the massclaim, but I don't mind going first as I would have to claim eventually anyway. So, just say the word.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:15 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

My daykill has nothing to do with my role. That's all I'm going to say for now.

You're right - it probably doesn't make a huge difference what order we claim in. If you'd like to claim first, go ahead. I'm certainly not going to kill anyone for claiming voluntarily. As of right now, I am content to wait a day or two for Zindaras or a replacement, as long as I feel confident that the rest of the claims will be speedy.

And no, we don't lose automatically if a townie gets daykilled. Assuming there are four scum, they'd have to vote for someone and hope Gaspar sticks to his word about hammering. Therefore, assuming I don't have to kill anyone over not claiming, the day will end with a single post in which I daykill someone and hammer someone else. I have confirmation that the kill would go through before the lynch in this case.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

Nice idea for ending the day.

If i thought that Zindaras might be allowed back into the game, I could see the merit in waiting a couple of days. I don't think that's how it works though. Deadline is Dec. 3, 22:30 GMT so I will get the ball rolling.

I am Ickey Woods. No abilities. I did try and leave a small hint at my role in post 908 when Pooky kept talking about football.

Next?
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:09 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

Zindaras: 2 (Sarcastro, Setael)
Gaspar: 1 (Zindaras)
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:15 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

FIne with me. I do not have the time right now for a substantial re-read, but I will be monitoring the thread and chip in with my role name etcwhen I am asked to.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

DrippingGoofball replaces Zindaras.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:17 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Reading the rules should take me a few days. Reading the game should be a breeze after that.

Just kidding. Will post partial analysis in the next few hours.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:19 am

It's a miracle! I get the Condorcet winner thing.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:06 am

Post by Gaspar »

CrapCrapCrap. With Sarc's claim, I suddenly feel less confident in my ability to, um... live. You aren't by any chance considering vigging
me
, are you Sarc?

One thing I do want to ask about, though -- Why would you rather have the day end in a post where you hammer and kill? Why not just kill Zindaras now and be done with that and get us going on the next scumbag?

DGB: You should be claiming immediately, as your predecessor disappeared from the game without so much as a word on his role, and there are easily five people who would be happy with his death right now (including the person who can apparently make him dead in a heartbeat -- Sarcastro).

Also, I think I know exactly where Sarc's daykill came from. I declined a similar opportunity yesterday, fearing a trick resulting in poisoning.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Gaspar »

Mod: In the hypothetical situation of 2x+1 players alive, with x protown players, x mafia members, and 1 survivor, would the game continue or end immediately?

Please see the Post Content section of the rules regarding asking questions of the Mod.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:33 am

Post by Gaspar »

Feh. (By the way, sorry for the triple-post.)

I suppose my hands are tied. The best I can hope for is to cut a deal with Sarc. If he promises to leave me be, I'm bound to play as a protown player from here on out. I've expressed this sentiment in the past -- that once Survivor claims, he must essentially be protown or he destroys the meta towards him and the Survivor role in future games. I'm basically counting on Sarc to trust that I'll keep to my word and not screw you guys over, because I'm pretty sure that I'm the strategic vig of the day.

This sucks. I was quite confident that I'd locked up a victory. Now, unless Sarc is willing to throw me a bone, I'm probably going to lose... because of something allegedly random and entirely out of my control.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:48 am

Wait - I haven't read one word of the game - but is Gaspar claiming Survivor
without a rolename
and/or flavor???

Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Gaspar »

DGB, I claimed several pages ago *WITH* rolename AND flavor. It's obvious that you haven't read a word of the game.

Anyway, you need to claim. NOW. Sarc, Setael, Glork, DP, Tally, and IH all have expressed a strong desire to have you killed.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:10 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Yes, Glork, you have the right idea of where my daykill came from. I also feared a trick, which is why I posted my cryptic thing about fearing a daykill. I didn't want to reveal anything, but at the same time, I was hoping that the fact that I saw my own death coming would tip people off if they were offered the opportunity. In retrospect, I understand how it seemed like I was just afraid I would be daykilled for my role.

I don't plan on vigging you, Glork. I believe your claim. I suppose you could be anti-town, but the thing about Mr. Grey disappearing from the Condorcet does seem to prove that there's some element of truth there. You could still be scum with a kickass claim, but I think there are much better options at this point.

I'm not really sure why you're so worried about my vigging you. I believe your claim for now, and I really have no interest in killing a neutral in a game that presumably has a large number of scum left. Yes, I would definitely appreciate you playing in a pro-town way, but I don't think I have as much power over you as you think. If we're in a position where you can effectively act in an anti-town fashion, then that means I've already used my kill. I suppose this prevents you from allying with the scum to prevent a lynch at all, but that would be a pretty stupid thing to do in any case.

I don't want to vig Zindaras right now because I can't be 100% sure that he's scum, and I don't want to be left with a 3 town, 3 scum, 1 neutral situation, especially given that you've already said you'd vote with the scum if it means ending the game (I should also point out here that where I refer to "four scum" in my previous posts, I actually mean three. We'd be dead if there were four scum. I'm pretty sure I was just tired and not thinking straight. Thankfully, the rest of what I said seems to make sense).

And yes, DGB should claim as soon as possible. There's really no reason at all not to. I'm expecting a claim by the end of the day at the latest. And by "expecting" I mean "ready to kill you if you don't give me".
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Gaspar »

Okay, that makes me feel infinitely better.

I know you can't just take my word at face value on this, but given that there's a daykill, I pretty much am forced to promise (and follow through on my promise, if I want to preserve my integrity as a player) not to do the whole hammer thing. As a show of goodwill, I can vote Zindie/DGB and you can unvote, so that Lynch-1 will occur with me already on the wagon.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:16 am

Gaspar wrote:DGB, I claimed several pages ago *WITH* rolename AND flavor. It's obvious that you haven't read a word of the game.
You'd be so kind if you were to provide a link to it - it would save me some work, this is a complex replacement.

I am Baptistin. At night I can explore in the dark and find out who is sleeping in their bedroom, and who isn't -OR- I can hide in a closet and avoid being nightkilled.

Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Gaspar »

Heh. Results?

Also, here, here, and here.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Results would be good. Also, I'm going to unvote for now, even though I'm not really buying the claim yet. You don't need to vote yet or anything, Gaspar. We'll figure it out once everyone has claimed.

Unvote
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Gaspar »

'kay.

Needless to say, I am skeptical of the claim. Pooky and I both made it explicitly clear yesterday that information roles were to claim before LyLo. I believe that Zindaras would have adhered to that philosophy as town, and he obviously didn't claim.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Sarcastro »

DGB - the longer it takes you to claim your results, the more sceptical I'll be of them. You really have no reason not to claim them immediately.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Setael »

I don't believe DGB's claim unless he's hidden in his closet every night. If he has any info, he'd have posted results when he role claimed. I also agree that if Zindie had that role, he'd have claimed long ago as soon as he got close to being lynched. It's a pretty safe claim, really, since he isn't able to clear or condemn anyone. Power roles with night abilities would probably read as "not asleep in their beds" or whatever as well.

I wouldn't be too pissed if we all go along with Sarcastro's mass role claim idea, but I don't really think it's helpful at this point. I'd rather just lynch DGB.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Sarcastro »

DGB. Results. Now.

I am so tempted to kill you right now.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:40 am

I have only read up to page 5... since you are pressing for answers, here they are.

I can't hide in the closet every night. In fact I can only hide in the closet a maximum of 3 times.

However, it looks like Zindaras was claustrophobic:
Night 1: Pooky, in bed
Night 2: Skruffs, in bed
Night 3: IH, in bed
Night 4: Talitha, in bed
Night 5: Gaspar, out of bed

As far as power roles go, that's pretty useless. I am not sure how that works anyway. Would a doctor or cop be "out of bed," for example? Or only the mafia member that performs the kill?

Zindaras might have been gambling that he might value self-preservation at night in endgame. Or maybe if he was always considered suspicious, it was better for him to for a chance to redeeming himself with information at night, than to fear being nightkilled.

I'll just say this, if you lynch me, it's no tragedy, as far as roles go.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:41 am

Sarcastro wrote:I am so tempted to kill you right now.
Geez. I'm soooo not feeling the "thank you for replacing" spirit! I haven't read the game and I have several guns already pointed at my gigantic goofy head.

Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Sarcastro »

I want Silent Lee to claim next.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”