Mini 518: Underground Mafia, The Nightmare is Over!

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:22 am

Post by Korlash »

Wait... Post 585... happened before post 644... You guys are still making no sense... First I think your talking about another ongoing game. Now your seeming like your talking about this game. Which is it? seriously.

Ohhh wait ok I think i get it...

So in 585 was when i first mentioned Mafia RB. Yeah yeah I get it. Then in 644 it came up again. Right I remember that, that was when I actually reread the wiki, hence the prostitute thing.

Finally someone is making sense...
Jitsu wrote:Korlash, why did you say they were mistaken at first and then seem to know what they were talking about?
I thought they were talking about another game. If you go back you notice how CKD talks about being modkilled if he goes into more detail. And I don't see how quoting posts from this game can get him modkilled.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:53 am

Post by Korlash »

CKD wrote:"do I have a life" says the guy playing on online forum game. you know we have caught you so you have to result to insults...classy.
Insult? I just had evidence you had read through every single ongoing game I was in. Do you knwo how long that has taken ME to do? I couldn't even fathom how long it took you. Didn't mean for it to come off as insulting.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Korlash wrote:Dude.. go meta me or something... This is how I play... Every game...
So which is it, do we have no life for meta-ing you, or should we meta you more often?
I find it is an awesome strategy. Firstly, if someone wants to build a case they have to wade through tons of fluff. (Good strategy for both town and scum)

Secondly, It also gives me that "idiot town" look that even you have mentioned. I get by with that claim almost every game. (Again, good for both town and scum)

By all means please question me. But don't think that what I am doing is such an obvious scumtell... Cause it really isn't...
Your first two paragraphs are damning enough, really. Strategies that make you harder to read are not necessarily pro-town, because it means we either have to waste a Cop investigation on you every game, or lynch you to discover the truth. Better if you can show ways in which you are helpful town and avoid either of those scenarios.

I think the 585/644 thing is useful information, but more importantly I'm becoming convinced that Korlash is not an asset to the town, and may indeed be a hindrance.

Unvote, Vote: Korlash
- I'd still prefer to string up Gunslinger today, but the will is not there from other people apparently (which is disturbing to me).
More people need to post in this game than just Adel, ckd, Korlash, Jitsu, and myself!
Retired as of October 2014.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:45 am

Post by Jitsu »

Wait... Post 585... happened before post 644... You guys are still making no sense... First I think your talking about another ongoing game. Now your seeming like your talking about this game. Which is it? seriously.
I have to be careful here, but I think I can explain it in such a way that I do not actually comment on an ongoing game. I'm not sure that Korlash is thinking of the same meta-information that CKD is.

To answer your question, it is actually both, if I am understanding CKD correctly. CKD has quoted posts from this game to establish the basis that you did not know about the Mafia Roleblocker role. He focused on your post 644 in his most recent post, but post 585 is another good example, and I think where you initially stated you did not know about the Mafia RB.

If I am reading CKD correctly, the other part of this is that CKD has some strong circumstantial evidence from another game (which we cannot talk about because it is ongoing), that suggests you may be lying in this one. I believe I found what CKD was talking about. I did very little reading, and it is possible to find it without actually reading any of your posts. Do you agree with that assessment, CKD?

Korlash, If I understand right, you read the wiki on the Mafia RB after post 585 right? If that's true, that has nothing to do with what CKD seems to be saying.

I'm still not completely convinced that Korlash intentionally lied. I think there is a chance that he is just really careless, but I agree that it doesn't look so good either way.
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Abstract Actuary »

I can't decide what I think about Korlash. His roleblocker claim is an easy one to fake as scum, since no one would likely counterclaim. The meta-work appears to be somewhat incriminating but it's fuzzy. He posts a lot of crap and as of late has even confirmed that he does this to be purposefully hard to read. That is definitely not pro-town. Are we okay lynching someone who has claimed a town power role and hasn't been counterclaimed. At what point is it okay to lynch someone who has claimed?

GunslingerKB has posted very little substance and his continued absence is dangerous for the town if we allow him to live while leaving very little trail.

I would be willing to lynch either of them today. I think there is more evidence for a Korlash lynch but I could be persuaded to make it GunslingerKB, since he is giving us so much less to work with.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Adel »

mod: would you please send out prods at this time?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:40 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Vote Count as of Post 780

Korlash (3):
Adel, curiouskarmadog, Mr. Flay

Setael (1):
Jitsu

Not Voting (6):
Abstract Actuary, Sudo_Nym, Korlash, jerubbaal, Satael, GunslingerKB

10 Alive, 6 will Lynch

GunslingerKB was prodded last VC but has yet to respond. He is on the verge of being replaced. All other players have posted in the past two days.
Last edited by NabakovNabakov on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:02 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Jitsu wrote:

If I am reading CKD correctly, the other part of this is that CKD has some strong circumstantial evidence from another game (which we cannot talk about because it is ongoing), that suggests you may be lying in this one. I believe I found what CKD was talking about. I did very little reading, and it is possible to find it without actually reading any of your posts. Do you agree with that assessment, CKD?
yes reading his posts and looking at the dates are really all that is needed to know that he had knowledge of a mafia roleblocker, previous to his 644 statement "mafia roleblocker, or whatever that is" (paraphrasing I think)..however, if I encourage everyone to read his posts in that game too.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:05 am

Abstract Actuary wrote:
GunslingerKB has posted very little substance and his continued absence is dangerous for the town if we allow him to live while leaving very little trail.

I would be willing to lynch either of them today. I think there is more evidence for a Korlash lynch but I could be persuaded to make it GunslingerKB, since he is giving us so much less to work with.
Yesterday I didnt think we should have lynched Korlash, mostly because I thought the mafia would have NKed, him....but after this evidence of his lies, he is most definitely the lynch today.

I still am suspicious of Gun, but if he is going to be replaced, there is no point yet. I want to hit scum today, and I think korlash is the way to go.

I am interested in what Ole Set, thinks about all of this.

"not a good scum hunter" my ass.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Jitsu »

@Mod: I think you missed my vote for Setael in Post 709.

@Setael:

Regarding 302, your point about me forgetting Sudo was valid. But at that point, I had already turned my attention off of him. If mentioning that my scum list matches Mexal's was merely a statement, it was buried between a bunch of other comments that all cast suspicion at me.

Regarding post 339, my motive was in the third paragraph:
I had picked up on the fact that Mexal was unusually quiet about his reason, when he usually explains his logic so well. I figured Mexal might have been up to something, but I didn't know what he was fishing for. The post I made saying that it is best to consider all factors behind a vote was true, and I believe it wholeheartedly, but it was also a subtle breadcrumb to try to tell people to think a bit more about what he was doing. I also thought people were focusing too much on his lack of reason and missing the bigger picture. I wanted Mexal to try to get whatever thing he was fishing for. Apparently, that was to see who was going to defend Anata. I believe this, because I was looking for the same information.
Way back on Oct. 31 (post 374) you said there would not be enough time for an anata wagon and then said "I don't see anyone else making a strong case against any other candidate" so you therefore decided to change your vote to miztef. My points, which I evidently wasn't clear enough about, is that you were talking as if the deadline was Nov. 1 or 2, as though there was no time for anyone else to make another case or start another wagon.
I never, ever said there was not enough time for an Anata wagon. In fact, I never mentioned anything to do with time in that entire post. If you can provide evidence of that, please do. I was looking at who was in the game and the vote counts and trying to figure out if it made sense to keep my vote on Anata. I did not see any way that I could get any more information about Anata and at that point, I did not see how a wagon on her would succeed since the others who voted Miztef did not appear to want to change votes. So I kept my earlier promise because Miztef looked scummy and I thought he was who the town wanted.
Yeah that post (my 656) was on Nov. 14. The deadline was on Nov. 15. What deadline do you think I was talking about?
What deadline?? Please quote me where NabakovNabakov said that. I went back and read all of NabakovNabakov's posts in the entire game and never saw a deadline set. Why did you think there was one?
This seems so off to me. Why say that about being happy to unvote "if something turns up later"? This almost sounds like you're expecting me to be a power role. You're not saying that if I start seeming really town you'll unvote, you say "if something turns up later". Do you mean that if someone starts looking scummier you'd unvote me? Why would someone else looking scummy make me less scummy? I found this sentence really odd. I can't see a townie who really thinks I'm scum saying this.

I don't expect you to be a (town) power role at all. I expect you to come up as scum, at least at this point. What I intended was that if more evidence comes up that suggests you are town then I will unvote, as I knew the vote was early in the day and there wasn't a lot of discussion yet. It was an attempt by me to indicate that I still think you are guilty, but even so, I am not completely convinced you are scum at this point and that I would still be willing to listen to arguments you are town. And voting for someone else would not make you less scummy -- but it's possible that other players could do something scummy enough to become a better lynch than you, at least in my eyes.

As for you not responding, qualifying the statement by saying "after I finished my read" makes a big difference. You did have a chance to respond before then, but you wanted to completely finish your read first before responding to anything. I agree that is not scummy, but I'm kind of surprised that you didn't include any commentary on my earlier points when you did your "I'm caught up analysis". If someone had attacked me like I did you, I would have certainly said something at that point. You could have acknowledged my points and promised to address them when the reread was finished. If you post an analysis, you have to expect that people are going to try to pick it apart, regardless of whether your read was done or not. I attacked you because even though you had some good points against me, many of them didn't seem very relevant. Still though, I admit what I said wasn't very fair, since I probably should not have counted time while the thread was closed. I apologize for this.

I still find it funny that you praised Gunslinger for the theory without mentioning how he first voted me, then only ranked me 8th out of 12 on his most scummy list (post 195). He even said "Note: My vote for jitsu isnt really trying to campaign to get him out. I just wanted to state my concern. If nothing else shows up against him, I will probably unvote." You have no problems with that? Did he just do something stupid as he said, or was he testing the waters on the "Jitsu is acting" theory and then bailed when nobody bit on it? If he would have just stated his suspicion without voting, I would have understood that. Also he mentioned "I figure at this point, a random lynch on someone that seems scummy would be a good idea." You have no problems with that either?

Just because I extract part of your post and comment on it doesn't mean I am twisting your words. As for 279, I don't see how this is twisting your words. I didn't comment on your theories as to what my motive was, because I felt I already explained it in 339 (page 14). Saying "definitely seems like [Jitsu] had a motive" could also be construed as implying that I was hiding something to the detriment of the town.

As for your last paragraph in 733, that statement was my interpretation of what you were doing. You acknowledged my points against Anata, but then cheered Gunslinger for his theory that I was acting and then posted what I did that looked scummy. If you thought I could possibly just be a good townie that started out a bit overzealous, you didn't say that in your analysis.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Korlash »

Huh.. I was half expecting to come home today and find meat L-1 or even lynched... I guess that is cause Sudo and Gun haven't posted in huh XD

Seriously though. Believe my playstyle to be bad or good I could care less. It's how I play. I can't really help it.

Also @ jitsu, CKD, whoever: Jsut cause I may have heard of a mafia RB or mentioned the name does not automatically mean I KNEW what it was.

However. Enough of the lying game I suppose. The jig is up. You caught me. I am, in fact, an expert at almost everything mafia related. (Except the playing XD)

I probably spent a good couple hours reading up that wiki over a year ago. Been playing it casually on other sites since then. suddenly figured I should play it here too a couple months ago. First time I ever had to admit that...

So yeah... I still stick with my statement I am worthless this game anyways. At least when I am lynched I get to prove Adel wrong on two counts and rub it in her statistics forever... Mass pm here I come!

So... Because I do not like to see my name alone on vote counts I will
Vote: Satael
[b/]
Mostly cause you never thanked me for helping anata out yesterday! ;_;

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:41 pm

Post by Korlash »

Man I was sitting out there just arguing with Flay's last post in my head.. I just can't let anything slide... :|
Flay wrote:So which is it, do we have no life for meta-ing you, or should we meta you more often?
There is a difference between looking at a few of my ended games and seeing how I post, and reading up on my active ongoing games. Mainly because there are like 3 times as many on going games as ended ones. If what Jitsu says is true and you don't have to read a lot to find whatever they are talking about then I was mistaken. Normally i would say sorry, but for some strange reason in this game I just cannot find myself able to be sorry with any of you... I mean first the Anata bandwagon, then Queen Adel gets here, and now we are arguing about whether or not I am as dumb as I appear to be... Man you guys are trying to go for the crappiest lynches aren't you?
Flay wrote:Strategies that make you harder to read are not necessarily pro-town, because it means we either have to waste a Cop investigation on you every game, or lynch you to discover the truth.
Can you explain to me how you waste a cop investigation? I mean I think an innocent is just as good as a guilty any day. Plus if I ever am mafia BAM! Instant gratification. So in theory I fail to see how I am anti town. I am merely anti-Scumme.
Flay wrote: Better if you can show ways in which you are helpful town and avoid either of those scenarios.
Naw... It's much more fun my way!
Flay wrote:but more importantly I'm becoming convinced that Korlash is not an asset to the town, and may indeed be a hindrance.
That seems to be the jist of it every game I am in... Not on purpose you see, it's just my nature...
Flay wrote:I'd still prefer to string up Gunslinger today, but the will is not there from other people apparently (which is disturbing to me).
Why? other then being a noob and not posting what has he done other then suspect me for no reason? Seriously...

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by Korlash »

Oops...
Vote: Satael

My bad ><

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sorry, life is busy.

I'm on record as not believing Korlash's claim, and I don't particularly care for his playstyle.

vote: Korlash
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by Korlash »

Oh who called it? seriously... Man I am good...

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:18 am

Ok, getting my bird on. Will have light posts for the rest of the day, then I wont return until Monday...posting it all of my games

vote stays, Korlash is scum
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:24 am

Post by Korlash »

Wow... Try saying that in a month... "I'll be back later. I'm gunna get my bird on!"

People will think your crazy >.>

Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:50 am

Post by Setael »

Can someone tell me how to pull up Korlash's posts in other games? I can't figure it out. :oops:
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Will be mostly absent for the next several days due to the holiday. I'm comfortable leaving my vote on Korlash through that time, however.

Setael: Search, Search for Author: Korlash, Category:Mafia Games, Display results as: Posts
Retired as of October 2014.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Adel »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/search.p ... or=Korlash

works as well.

there is a link in small blue letters on each player's profile screen.
Korlash's profile screen wrote:Joined: 23 Aug 2007
Game posts: 683
[0.08% of total / 7.59 posts per day]
Find all posts by Korlash
Interests: Things, stuff, and junk
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Setael »

Oddly enough, while looking for what everyone's talking about in korlash's other games I found this:
korlash on Nov. 10, post 521 (this game) wrote:WRONG! When I am mafia I find that I am actually a very unhelpful goon, but tend to be very good when I am say the mafia RB or the Don... saying I am a helpful goon obviously means you missed something!
korlash on Nov. 12, post 585 wrote:Theres a mafia RB too? o.O Now that role would work... cause then you would at least have some kind of understanding of who could be who... Instead of having to guess...
Regardless of the fact that korlash says he was joking in 521 and is always town, it seems clear from that post that he at least knows that the role of mafia RB exists which he is later denying. I can't see any reason a townie would lie in this situation (unless it's ABR and I'd like to hope he's the only one that fits that profile).

vote: korlash
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:23 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Vote Count as of Post 795

Korlash (5):
Adel, curiouskarmadog, Mr. Flay, Sudo_Nym, Setael

Setael (2):
Jitsu, Korlash

Not Voting (3):
Abstract Actuary, jerubbaal, GunslingerKB

10 Alive, 6 will Lynch
Last edited by NabakovNabakov on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:25 am

Post by jerubbaal »

Very sorry for the inadequate posting habits lately, things have been crazy. The GF will be around until the weekend, so, for the time being I expect posting habits to continue to be low. Although I'm pretty sure I'm ending the day right now, so at least we get a couple days off.

The case against Korlash is very strong and based on very little speculation, so I see little reason to drag the day out any longer. Kudos to all those who caught the contradictions. I hope the cases continue to be this clear.

Vote: Korlash
<><
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:34 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Vote Count as of Post 797

Korlash (6):
Adel, curiouskarmadog, Mr. Flay, Sudo_Nym, Setael, jerubbaal

Setael (2):
Jitsu, Korlash

Not Voting (2):
Abstract Actuary, GunslingerKB

10 Alive, 6 will Lynch

This "day" had been far shorter than the previous one, and 9 of you were very happy for that. 1 was not.

Korlash continued to joke, banter, and giggle all the way up to the end. As a second rope descended next to Miztef's still-fresh corpse, pleas of "comon' guys, let's get serious" and "I didn't mean it!" errputed from him.

The rope pulls tight and the trapdoor releases. Somebody in the audience calls out "phail!" after their fallen annoyance. The PA system crackles to life.

"
Korlash - Mafia
, lynched Day Two. Please retire for your cells for Night Two."
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

To the surprise of many (some more than others), all cell doors closed the past "Night" opened the following "Day." 9 players filed out into the arena where the rank oders of Miztef and Korlash greeted them after a particuarly lengthy Night.

"9 alive," the voice confirmed "5 to lynch."

"No!" a voice rang out through the crowd. "We will not lynch!"

8 whip around to see the ninth. It was GunslingerKB. Apparently staying quiet the last two days had given him the strength to now protest, and his eyes shone with a holy fury they had never held before.

"9 alive, 5 to lynch" the voice repeated.

"Didn't you hear me?" GunslingerKB asked. "We will not lynch!" He now stood at the center of an 8 player circle. All nervously eyed the shock collar fastened around his neck and unconsciously fingered the collars fastened to theirs.

The light in GunslingerKB's collar turned red for the space of a prod. The knees capitulated but the eyes did not. The collar alit a second time and longer, and GunslingerKB was brought to writhe upon the ground. His efforts to regain his long lost footing would be interrupted by a third shock.

Spread-eagled on the filthy floor of the arena, GunslingerKB continued to stare defiantly up at square of tinted glass and the shadows beyond. After a customary checking of the pulse, his eyes would finally be closed and his body thrown to the side to clear the playing area.

"9 alive, 5 to lynch."

(A replacement will be found for GunslingerKB)
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”