Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Peers »

Quagmire wrote:Show me where she's reacted like this before.
I've given up on metagaming, actually. Do you have any case against her that involves this game and only this game?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:10 am

Post by Quagmire »

Peers wrote:
I've given up on metagaming, actually. Do you have any case against her that involves this game and only this game?
uh...that's my case. only this game. i don't know her in any other games.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:22 am

Post by Elmo »

I find it extremely unlikely she'd have been in exactly the same situation before, and therefore question the value of metagaming. Your request is also akin to guilty until proven innocent, i.e. her perfectly reasonable (imo) response is guilty until she can prove that she does that as town.

I still feel the best way forward is a discussion of what exactly is scummy about her reaction. At the moment, I am very much not liking the vote, Quag.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Peers »

Quagmire wrote:uh...that's my case. only this game. i don't know her in any other games.
So your case is that she appears to be trying to not get angry, but got angry when someone insulted her.

... Case dismissed for insufficient evidence.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:36 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

QFT ^
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Peers wrote:
\

Why the hell woudl you give up on metagaming? It's the most reliable way to find scum. To dismiss meta-evidence is a horrible strategic plan.
Permanent V/LA.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:30 pm

Post by PJ. »

This is effectively clouding the judgement of townies. Because MoS could be town and TS is most likely town and they are simply arguing with each other forcing the town to go on a witch hunt.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:12 am

Post by Elmo »

Panzer: What do you think of Quagmire, with respect to that?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:33 am

Post by JordanA24 »

I don't like the Jester talk at all, why can't MOS be a poorly playing scum? What makes you sure that he's a Jester? Personally, I'm suspicious of MOS being scum for pushing a policy lynch so vehemently.
schismatized wrote:my vote stands. i can tell that me and yos are not going to see eye to eye on those issues, especially when he uses his an opinion of something as backup for his argument lol. (ie im not a big fan of...)
Way to dodge the argument Schis.
FOS: Schismatized

Peers wrote:
Erg0 wrote:Hey, I remember you! Weren't you scum?
Actually, he was being one of the most level-headed and rational people in the game.
Peers PLEASE climb out of peoples arses.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:MoS is a jester. Vig him tonight plz.
What's with the Jester obsession? Why can't MoS be a badly playing scum?
Why can't MoS be a pissed off protown?

Odd that you would limit your questioning in such a fashion that restricts me to being an antitown player only...
FoS: Jordan
That's not what I meant, I was asking them why you have to be a Jester, why don't they think you could be badly playing scum? I can still see you as town, though I admit, I find you pretty scummy, just sticking to the TS policy lynch and contributing nothing useful to the town.
Battle Mage wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:You're full of crap. You said that its too early to have any good leads, which you know is B.S.

Then why are you saying things you know are silly ?
For once, i agree wholeheartedly with ABR. MoS is not making any sense at this point, and i'm suspicious of those defending him so much. I mean, MoS pissed off is not scummy. Its a total null-tell. BUT, MoS pissed off over something totally trivial and pathetic, is pretty scummy. He needs to get his act together, and start helping the game progress.

Case closed.
QFT.
Quagmire wrote:Since MoS and I have voted for her, she has reacted very emotionally to the votes, and in her posts, it's simple to tell that she's simply been masking her intensity through a fit of apathy, something in which if she were actually apathetic about it, she wouldn't care in the first place.
To be fair to TS, I'd be pretty upset if I was being voted for because of a retarded policy lynch (while being insulted at the same time) and being called scum with no reasons given.
Peers wrote:
Quagmire wrote:uh...that's my case. only this game. i don't know her in any other games.
So your case is that she appears to be trying to not get angry, but got angry when someone insulted her.

This post swings my vote.

Unvote Vote: MOS

Start participating properly.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

JordanA24 wrote:
I don't like the Jester talk at all, why can't MOS be a poorly playing scum?
What makes you sure that he's a Jester? Personally, I'm suspicious of MOS being scum for pushing a policy lynch so vehemently.
schismatized wrote:my vote stands. i can tell that me and yos are not going to see eye to eye on those issues, especially when he uses his an opinion of something as backup for his argument lol. (ie im not a big fan of...)

Peers wrote:
Actually, he was being one of the most level-headed and rational people in the game.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:

Odd that you would limit your questioning in such a fashion that restricts me to being an antitown player only...
That's not what I meant, I was asking them why you have to be a Jester, why don't they think you could be badly playing scum? I can still see you as town, though I admit, I find you pretty scummy, just sticking to the TS policy lynch and contributing nothing useful to the town.
Battle Mage wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:You're full of crap. You said that its too early to have any good leads, which you know is B.S.

For once, i agree wholeheartedly with ABR. MoS is not making any sense at this point, and i'm suspicious of those defending him so much. I mean, MoS pissed off is not scummy. Its a total null-tell. BUT, MoS pissed off over something totally trivial and pathetic, is pretty scummy. He needs to get his act together, and start helping the game progress.

Case closed.
QFT.
Quagmire wrote:Since MoS and I have voted for her, she has reacted very emotionally to the votes, and in her posts, it's simple to tell that she's simply been masking her intensity through a fit of apathy, something in which if she were actually apathetic about it, she wouldn't care in the first place.
To be fair to TS, I'd be pretty upset if I was being voted for because of a retarded policy lynch (while being insulted at the same time) and being called scum with no reasons given.
Peers wrote:

the bit in red gives me deja vu, because i definitely recall someone saying it before. :?:
Other than his views on Jester's in games in general, which he knows i dont entirely agree with, i think Jordan makes alot of good points here. Just the first sentence makes me uneasy...

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I've hardly been pushing the lynch vehemently. I made my vote, people questioned it, and I explained myself. There was nothing vehement about it.

You're just throwing around smoke and flames, Jordan.

Unvote, Vote: Jordan
Permanent V/LA.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:24 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Battle Mage wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
I don't like the Jester talk at all, why can't MOS be a poorly playing scum?
What makes you sure that he's a Jester? Personally, I'm suspicious of MOS being scum for pushing a policy lynch so vehemently.

Peers wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:

Battle Mage wrote:

Case closed.
QFT.
Peers wrote:

the bit in red gives me deja vu, because i definitely recall someone saying it before. :?:
Other than his views on Jester's in games in general, which he knows i dont entirely agree with, i think Jordan makes alot of good points here. Just the first sentence makes me uneasy...

BM
That was actually me who suggested it the first time round. I don't think I got a decent answer the first time round.

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:25 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I've hardly been pushing the lynch vehemently. I made my vote, people questioned it, and I explained myself. There was nothing vehement about it.

Nice OMGUS

You pushed it pretty damn hard from what I read.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:52 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I've hardly been pushing the lynch vehemently. I made my vote, people questioned it, and I explained myself. There was nothing vehement about it.

So, um...why, exactally, are you voting for him?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
schismatized
schismatized
Goon
schismatized
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:53 am

Post by schismatized »

hey can we have the regular MOS puh-lease?
Schismatized: JDODGE R RETARD
jdodge1019: UR POSSIBLY RITE
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:34 am

Post by PJ. »

Quagmire, depending on the other pieces in the puzzle, could be scum. If peers is scum, It could mean MoS is scum and TS is town. This could very well mean quag is either playing poorly or is giving MoS the benefikt of the doubt due to tenure.

Right now, that's what I see of quag, He is voting TS due to him knowing MoS for a long while. That doesn't stop im from being advantageuous scum voting for whoever in the arguement of two towns.

The biggest thing to me is peers lynch. I would like an alignment to go off of before we continue discussing MoS TS and Quag.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:42 am

Post by Peers »

JordanA24 wrote:
Peers wrote:

You are -so- trying to butter me up into taking my vote off you, aren't you?

Gotta try harder than that.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:28 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Peers wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
Peers wrote:

No, I feel MoS is scummier than you. You're still #2 though, and very lynchable in my eyes.

Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:51 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Peers wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
Peers wrote:

Somehow I don't think that your vote really scares him
that
much in the current environment.

There are some people that seem to playing a different game than the rest of us, MoS in particular is just behaving strangely (compared to prior experiences with him). TS looks the same as she always does to me, town or scum. I still think something's up there but I'm leaving it alone for today. Peers is our man, though I'm still not liking Neo-Viper. The fact that Peers thinks Neo-Viper's play is perfectly reasonable worries me even more.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Looking at who's voting for who...

Peers
is stalled at lynch-2 with MoS and Quag coming in with an off-wagon, distraction vote. To metagame MoS here, his vote looks independent of any in-game considerations. Quag's vote, however, has no bone to pick with me (I am sure of that, I have rarely played with him), so it's much more suspicious, maybe hiding behind a veil of support for a friend.

hasdgfas
' reason to vote Peers seems genuine.

ABR and BM
are voting/distracting each other. Would be nice if they expanded their horizon of suspicion to include other players.

Sikario8
hasn't posted since Nov 16. Immature play and reactions, not sure if scummy.

Yosarian2
is voting for Sikario for pretty weak reasons: "Sikario8's lurking, followed by a "I'm alive and reading" post, was scummy. His hasdgfas vote also seemed a bit odd. And when I voted for him because of that, he fos'd me for voting him? Not helping." Yosarian2 is far more aggressive with Peers; however, he keeps his vote on Sikario! Hmmmm. Then a few non-content posts.

Not sure why
Elmo
is still voting Sikario8 as opposed to other players that have come into the scene. Maybe he has a reason to prefer to keep his vote there.

I looked at
Kscope'
s contribution. Is he always so brash and contentless?

Jordan
appears very focused trying to find scum. Peers' vote for Jordan may be a bit OMGUS, or it's damning for Peers.

Erg0
- also well-focused good judgment.

Mert
is bizarre. Anyone cares to metagame Mert? Please take a look at his posts. " Early on I'll wagon people and do occasionally odd things to get reactions and then as Day One moves on I'll suddenly start smacking people with huge analyses of those reactions I got at the beginning." That was Nov. 11. Where are the huge analyses?

Panzer:
voted for Peers without reasoning - then unvoted and voted hasdgfas. Lots of contentless posts. Alternating between being very decisive and then flip-flopping.

Schismatized
: here but not really contributing. Either contentless, or looks like pushing people's buttons without committing. Not sure if that's normal for him.

zu_Faul
: very much keeping himself under the radar, lurking-in-plain sight vote.

8: Peers (JordanA24, hasdgfas, Mert, Erg0, Panzerjager, TS, schismatized, Zu_Faul)
5: Sikario8 (Neo-Viper9, Yosarian Sir Tornado, Elmo, Kscope, )
2: Toaster Strudel (MoS, Quagmire)
1: JordanA24 (Peers)
1: ABR (Battle Mage)
1: Battle Mage (ABR)
Sir Tornado wrote:
vote Sikario8
That's SirTornado only contribution. Dated Nov 12.

mod: prod or replace Sir Tornado

mod: prod or replace Sikario8
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:50 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Sikario8 has been active in other games this morning. Is he deliberately ignoring this one?
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:02 am

Post by Sikario8 »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Sikario8 has been active in other games this morning. Is he deliberately ignoring this one?
no, but, with limited time, i must prioritize. i'll get to you tommorow
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
:roll:
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Quagmire »

Peers wrote:

No. Read the damn post again.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Let's get prods...
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:30 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Unvote

Peers seems good. Reread later today.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”