Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:26 am

Post by liamcool »

Vote Count

Thanatos (2) - Gorgon, Disciple Slayer
liamcool (1) - charter
Disciple Slayer (1) - Thanatos

Not Voting (5) - Dark_Lady_Shaiann, liamcool, Infinitive, Nudude, VampyreLord

Disciple Slayer wrote:Which comment would that be?
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:And...yeah, your right.
I usually am.
Watch the egotism, it's not nice for anyone to read, it just makes people think you're an arsehole and makes the game unpleasant for everyone.
Disciple Slayer wrote:I just gave a PBPA and you FOS me for quoting the words of a dead townie? I think your reasoning is flawed. Here's a vote to pressure you into more information.

Vote: Thanatos

Now watch as DLS rushes to defend him in her next post.
I'm actually pretty suprised nobody picked up on this, while it's true we need more information, this seems a little drastic.
Disciple Slayer wrote:Post a good reply to my third and longest HeH quote and I might unvote you if you convince me. My vote was initially a pressure vote, but gut instinct tells me your reaction smells rather odd.
Blackmail, it appears that Disciple Slayer is taking a very aggressive approach, in my view, similar to what deepthought took, which obviously led to his death. Even if it is unlikely, I hope you realise this may lead to your own demise.

If this makes no sense, it's due to me not getting enough sleep recently. If you need to enquire about anything in it, feel free to ask me in about 12-14 hours from this post.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:15 am

Post by Gorgon »

Sorry for not posting. I've been busy.

One thing that I can say is that I agree with DLS that it's slightly suspect that DS should have waded in and analysed HeH's suspicions. HeH was most likely NK'd by scum (in fact, DS was starting off with the premise that HeH was killed by an SK), so there can be any number of reasons for his kill. Sure, his protownness is the most obvious one, but another possible reason is that he was killed in order to lend credit to incorrect suspicions that he had. I've done this myself as scum. Mind you, it didn't work, but I was the one tried to push the case the day after the kill.

In this respect, it is also interesting that DS didn't analyse DT's suspicions. He is a confirmed townie as well, right? Granted, charter already did that, but DS didn't seem all too interested in the subject. Well, it just so happens that DT suspected DS (DT's post 35):
deepthought wrote:Disciple Slayer - During the asshole-wagon, interjects just often enough to not be lurking but not often enough to be noticed, and without any substance beyond "I need more info" or "I'm confused, check back later". Jumps on the bandwagon claiming my attitude is "pissing him off" despite the fact that he hasn't actually interacted with anyone in a meaningful way, after it's becomes clear that the wagon is a safe bet, but not before testing the waters with an FoS that he can't be held accountable for.
My #2 pick
I just wanted to throw that out there for the record. Also, I think a lynched townie's suspicions are, on the whole, more reliable than an NK'd townie's. Scum can manipulate NKs any way they want on their own, but a lynch is always directed in part by townies as well.

That said, I do think that Thanatos overreacted to DS's quoting of HeH's posts. DS wasn't focusing on Thanatos; it just so happens that he found something that possibly painted him/his predecessor in a not too good light.
Thanatos wrote:I FOS'd you because you, when looking for people to link to the murder of HeH, pull 2 different (the 3rd came after I had begun posting, and I need to check up to see my reasponce) examples of him pointing to me, both of which are for reasons which have absolutely nothing to do with me whatsoever. Frankly, I think that looks like your trying to build a case on someone whose under scrutiny, built on logic that's obviously faulty, and I FOS'd you to get you to admit that.
First off, yes, the actions of one's predecessor do matter. Say what you will, but the suspicions still linger. Mind you, it's a bit of a stretch to imagine that you would have found this to be reason enough to kill HeH, but to dismiss this altogether is definitely overdefensive ... especially since DS wasn't focusing on this issue on its own.

Then, Thanatos decides to vote DS:
Thanatos wrote:Frankly, I think your pushing something that you know is wrong. I don't know if I'm going to stick to this, but
Vote:DS
For putting up a baseless arguement, ignoring facts that contradict him, and pushing it harder when arguement is put up against it.
Thing is, DS wasn't pushing anything. He was simply going through HeH's posts, and then voted Thanatos after his overdefensive reaction to this.

My vote stays for now.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Thanatos »

Gorgon:I think the most specific reason I voted for him was because he ignored something that obviously contradicted his theories. Namely, the posts immediately after HeH's third quote, that I linked to.

My overreaction was thinking he was building a case against me based on what he read. Evidently, he wasn't, which was the reason for the initial FoS.

Also, the posts he brought against SK were for lurking. I have obviously not lurked. I really think that, in that case, the actions of a lurker who got replaced don't affect the replacer, as, if she let herself get replaced, she wasn't, at the very least, Scum-lurking. She just couldn't play.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Nudude »

Thanatos and DLS, you are taking what was a PBP by DS and make it look like he was trying to further some agenda.

I can't see any agenda, all I can see is a PBP of what HeH said. It's not a bust - the - case post, but it's a valid post.

What I find interesting is that you don't merely explain yourself, but your going as far as to attack DS for what started as simply quoting HeH.

I am surprised by Thanatos's and DLS's reaction, it feels like to me your attacking DS rather than weighing up the information he's providing. He mentions a link to DLS, at which point DLS makes her biggest post of the thread.

I'm not quite prepared to say it reeks of scum, but it's almost like you read DS posts, and suddenly felt the need to defend yourselves. If you guys hadn'tve reacted the way you had, I would have read DS's post and thought to myself "Hmmm....food for thought". Where as now I think "Why are these guys being so defensive?"

Chillax guys.
Your absolutely right, I am crazy. I just got bored of normal, I'm harmless really =D
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

OK...I lied. I have to say something before this comes up again. I wasn't reacting directly to the PBP of HeH, I was responding to DS's comment about Thanatos and I. I'm not attacking him, I basically said I agree with his method but the only thing that really concerns me about DS using the PBP is if he agrees with it or not, and I had to ask him 3 times before he gave me a straight answer. I also explained my seemingly overly defensive behavior already aswell if you would like to take the time to go back and actually read. I'm not trying to sound mean, but it is all there and repeating myself is one of the things that make me look so defensive.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Disciple Slayer »

You keep talking about "this comment" but you never quote the one you're referring to. If you want to be taken seriously, do it now.

You say you had to ask me three times before I replied to your question? If you want to count the number of times I've asked you to present the "points" that you supposedly brought up against me during the flame war, it would number four or more and you
still
haven't said anything about it after being extremely vague immediately after N1.

Seemingly
over-defensive? You
are
over-defensive. You even take a long time explaining how you're not over-defensive in this post.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:I wouldn't call myself being overly defensive. I may be overly explaining myself, but thats just because I'm trying my best to cover myself from all sides
Isn't overly-explaining the same as overly-defensive? After all, you
are
overly explaining in the defense of both you and Thanatos, which makes it the same thing, just worded differently.

Usually if you look defensive, you are defensive. I mean, how can you look defensive if you're not being defensive? I mentioned multiple times during the flame war how you like twisting things around, and now you're doing it again.

Don't be lazy when you tell people to go back and read what you said. It's so easy to quote a post. By not quoting where you supposedly explained your over-defensiveness, you're making things harder for the town. Making things harder for the town is not pro-town. It is downright scummy.

Also, why would you lie? As pro-town, lying
rarely
furthers the town's agenda, and this is certainly not one of those times. If ever, now would be the
worst
possible time to lie.

FOS: DLS

In response to liamcool, I am a very aggressive player. I think that's obvious. I don't beat around the bush and twist my words when I'm making a point, unlike some others.

Thanatos, I would say you are a more experienced player than S_K. I think everyone can agree on that. One possibility is that S_K lurked when she found out she was scum, because she didn't know what to do. You, on the other hand, were the ringleader of deepthought's mislynch. You immediately took charge when you entered the game on D1. Well, now I'm taking charge before you can start another bandwagon on someone.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:51 pm

I lied about not saying anything until every one else said something. I more so broke my word than actually lied, but it's basically the same thing. Thats what I'm talking about.

And the flame war is not something we need to go back to right now. I said that when I come up with more effective evidence I would say something becuase every one would simply think my accusations were becuase they were stated in a flame war and therefore would hold no merit with every one else.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:59 pm

You sure that's not a slip?

I think everyone would like to hear your accusations. Post them. You've waited long enough.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:08 pm

Oh, and I told you point blank I wasn't going to respond to you instigating me to change the subject pertaining to the flame war. You asked me that many times becuase you were trying to taunt me while I was posting in my other games. The 2 that I can recall right now were in like a 6 minute time span. I, on the otherhand, asked you about your opinion of HeH's posts and you reacted almost exactly like how you reacted in our flame war, by not answering my question completely, which is why I asked you so many times.

I don't know how you could possibly not know which comment I'm talking about. Your acting like you think I made it up. It's the first thing I responded to. The first time I said anything about....anything basically this entire game day. If you don't remember what comment of yours that got me talking, then you have a memory issue and you definetly need to go back and read.

Anyway, on to the part about me needing to quote stuff.......
Well if people would actually read before asking me questions I wouldn't be like that. And I see being overly defensive as being short and snappy with people when they accuse you and trying to force them to back off by being mean to them. If me trying to cover myself from all sides is overly defensive, what is so wrong with that anyway? Knowing that DS is going to go after any tiny little crumb on the ground or any crack in my armor why shouldn't I be overly defensive with him?
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Disciple Slayer wrote: Thanatos, I would say you are a more experienced player than S_K. I think everyone can agree on that. One possibility is that S_K lurked when she found out she was scum, because she didn't know what to do. You, on the other hand, were the ringleader of deepthought's mislynch. You immediately took charge when you entered the game on D1. Well, now I'm taking charge before you can start another bandwagon on someone.

Fair enough. I'm only going to say this one more time. I saw your two posts about me and I took them as you saying

"Well, HeH thought SK was a lurker, so he had suspicions of Thanatos, who therefore had a good reason to kill HeH"

That is what I read your first two posts as, and so, I FOSed you.

I voted you for three reasons.

1. I noted how you ignored information related to your third link, and CONTINUE to ignore it now.

2. I wanted to vote for somebody. That's the simple truth. There arn't alot of votes going around at the moment, and I thought I should put mine out.

3. It's a hunch. I think you've been acting rather scummy, and I wanted to let it be known that I thought that way.

That said, I don't think we should lynch you today. I think I would rather kill Liam. Liam's really good and laying low and pushing things forward, and regardless of DTs alignment, I want to start focusing on him soon. You can be dealt with later.

As much as I think DS is shitty in a leader role, and possibly a flase massiah ( or have you all forgotten that he pushed DT as hard as I, if not more so) I would like to hear what DLS has to say, regardless of where it comes from.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:17 pm

You want to hear what DLS has to say about what?
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm

Don't be an asshat. Don't make things hard for us. Quote them, both the comment you don't like and the comparisons between my responses before and after the flame war. Quote them so people can refer to them instead of having to flip back and forth through pages and pages. It's your case, you handle the quotes.

Your admission to being overly-defensive is noted. That makes it both you and Thanatos who have admitted to being overly-defensive. You're trying to cover yourself from all sides because you know you overreacted to my list and you're trying to cover your ass by twisting words around.

Also, your definition of over-defensiveness is flawed. My list wouldn't have escalated into something this big if you and Thanatos weren't being overly-defensive.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Well...it seems like Nudude knows exactly which comment I am talking about, so it's just you and since it was our conversation.....no, I will not quote it. You should already know.

Well, it's my definition and it points directly at you, and Thanatos now that I think about it. I don't see whats wrong about me wanting to explain and cover myself. Thanatos on the other hand accused you right back. That I will agree is being over defensive, but I never reacted by immediatly accusing you of doing anything scummy simply because you accused or challanged me. I protected myself. Why is that wrong?
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:53 pm

So...basically it's ok for you to be aggressive towards me but not ok for me to be just as aggressive when it comes to defending myself?
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:03 pm

Thanatos wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote: Thanatos, I would say you are a more experienced player than S_K. I think everyone can agree on that. One possibility is that S_K lurked when she found out she was scum, because she didn't know what to do. You, on the other hand, were the ringleader of deepthought's mislynch. You immediately took charge when you entered the game on D1. Well, now I'm taking charge before you can start another bandwagon on someone.

Fair enough. I'm only going to say this one more time. I saw your two posts about me and I took them as you saying

"Well, HeH thought SK was a lurker, so he had suspicions of Thanatos, who therefore had a good reason to kill HeH"

That is what I read your first two posts as, and so, I FOSed you.

I voted you for three reasons.

1. I noted how you ignored information related to your third link, and CONTINUE to ignore it now.

2. I wanted to vote for somebody. That's the simple truth. There arn't alot of votes going around at the moment, and I thought I should put mine out.

3. It's a hunch. I think you've been acting rather scummy, and I wanted to let it be known that I thought that way.

That said, I don't think we should lynch you today. I think I would rather kill Liam. Liam's really good and laying low and pushing things forward, and regardless of DTs alignment, I want to start focusing on him soon. You can be dealt with later.

As much as I think DS is shitty in a leader role, and possibly a flase massiah ( or have you all forgotten that he pushed DT as hard as I, if not more so) I would like to hear what DLS has to say, regardless of where it comes from.
1. Quote it. Post everything you want me to respond to clearly.

2. Fair enough.

3. I guess that makes it two of us, then.

Are you trying to bribe me into laying off? You should have known that was never going to work. Of course you think I'm shitty in a leader role. I'm the guy who got you to slip and overreact, thus compromising what up to that point had been the appearance of a concerned townie.

Are you also trying to say that you didn't completely read the thread before posting? You're too experienced to do that. ISTR that you were all hot and bothered, and that you had cooled down after your shower. I take that to mean that you instantly panicked when you saw my list, posted without thinking, then tried to cover yourself up at a later date.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:Well...it seems like Nudude knows exactly which comment I am talking about, so it's just you and since it was our conversation.....no, I will not quote it. You should already know.

Well, it's my definition and it points directly at you, and Thanatos now that I think about it. I don't see whats wrong about me wanting to explain and cover myself. Thanatos on the other hand accused you right back. That I will agree is being over defensive, but I never reacted by immediatly accusing you of doing anything scummy simply because you accused or challanged me. I protected myself. Why is that wrong?
It's your loss. If I was you, I'd post it.

Trying to distance yourself from Thanatos in this post because you feel a Thanatos lynch is imminent? That's subtle. Also, here is your immediate reaction to my list.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
I don't even think I have had much to say about or do with Thanatos since he got here. Why would that start now? If I had anything to say about him I would have said something when HeH posted all of that stuff. I'm not going to all of a sudden jump to his defense just becuase your now using the same arguements and deciding to vote him (which I believe is the only vote on him, so I don't really care too much right now anyway).
I defended S_K becuase I thought she was being attacked unfairly by a lot of people. I'm not really sure where your trying to go with that last part, but it's definetly not happening right now, and if it does it won't have anything to do with the fact that Thanatos replaced S_K, nor will it have anything to do with the fact that you are the one accusing him.
Bolded stuff is important. D_L_S immediately distances herself from Thanatos as soon as I mention a possible link between the two of them. D_L_S also says that if she had anything to say when HeH made his posts, she would have said it. I think the link between both of them was the reason she didn't want to say anything. She also admits that she cares about votes on Thanatos

Here is her reaction one post later.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:OK..now you are trying to instigate something. Basically, I agreed with what you are doing and you are taunting me about something completely different, basically knowing that it's going to start a fight. Alright, you have fun with that. I'll respond to this particular post anyway.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:HeH did, and since your using his points as an attack method, you must believe them.
She accuses me of instigating "something" (how vague) and taunting her. She also accuses me of using HeH's points as an attack method, when it was first and foremost a means of collecting information. That seems to me as being overly-defensive. It even fits into her definition of being over-defensive, which is the following:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:And I see being overly defensive as being short and snappy with people when they accuse you and trying to force them to back off by being mean to them. If me trying to cover myself from all sides is overly defensive, what is so wrong with that anyway?
Her reply was short and snappy. It accused me of various things.

In this post, she tries to be mean to me, too.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:I don't know how you could possibly not know which comment I'm talking about. Your acting like you think I made it up. It's the first thing I responded to. The first time I said anything about....anything basically this entire game day. If you don't remember what comment of yours that got me talking,
then you have a memory issue and you definetly need to go back and read.
Sure fits into her definition of being overly-defensive, all right.

I'm not going to reply to your question until you do as I say and quote the comment you want an answer to. I am not in a bad position here. You are. You actually have to work at your posts, you know. MS is no place for the lazy. Unless you're being lazy on purpose...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:So...basically it's ok for you to be aggressive towards me but not ok for me to be just as aggressive when it comes to defending myself?
It's always okay to be aggressive when scum-hunting. Being a wimp will net you no scum. Being overly-defensive, on the other hand, is a completely different issue. When you are suspected and instantly become overly-defensive, it can mean a lot of things. Most of those things are not good at all.

Every time you try to twist words around, I'm just going to put a nice, big, WT whenever I quote your posts. Guess what it stands for.

WT

Confirm vote: Thanatos

Confirm FOS: D_L_S
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:27 pm

quote]
I'm not going to reply to your question until you do as I say and quote the comment you want an answer to. I am not in a bad position here. You are
[/quote]

The only thing I'm going to say is that you already answered my question, so your obviously not getting what you want, aside from the point there is no comment I want a response to. I already got all the responses I need from you. What you are refering to is that you wanted me to quote the comment that got me started, and I refuse to, becuase if you say something to or about me and I confront you about it and then you forget what you said, then thats your fault.

I will note that I actually do think it's kind of weird that HeH was the one who had kind of defended me at the begining of our flame war and now he's dead, and that you are having a super fun time coming after me.

I leave it the the others to interpret what is really going on, and will wait for a few of them to say something before I post again. You say I'm in a bad position, but I don't really feel like it......
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Thanatos wrote:Ah. The shower calmed me down alot, since I was getting irritated. After cleaning up, I went back to page 10 of this game, and looked up that post by HeH, and found, surprise surprise, that it ended quite amiability. However, before we get into that, I feel that, the way I presented things was unfair, both to myself and DS, so I would like to clarify.

When I came on, I saw you say that you were going to go through a list of suspects in connection the HeH's untimely passing. I admit, I did not go through your posts very carefully, and most likely, I put more emphesis on your own opinions than you had meant. I took your mentioning me twice as your attempt to build a case against me. If this was not the case, I apologize.

Now, I FOSed you while I was on this assumption. Now, from the two posts you had made BEFORE I began writing my reasponce, they were HeH FoSing and Voting SK, based on her Lurking. I, clearly, have never lurked in this game. I read that as you presenting reasons why I would want to kill HeH due to him suspecting me, for reasons which were so obviously flawed, I thought it warrented an FoS. Is that, at least, a good enough explination for that.

As for the third post from HeH, I am rather stricken by the fact that you failed to post the fact that I had a rather long response to HeHs questioning, to which he responded
O.K., I like Thanatos' explanation for the most part. Post 225 was yucky, but I think his follow-up was reasonable. I'm not sure I would go so far as to assert DT and liam are scumbuddies, however. It's certainly possible, but I think the links are fairly weak. Much of his case against liamcool is based on the assumption deepthroat is scum and I'm always wary of suspecting someone because they might be linked to someone who might be scum -- that's too many "mights" for my taste.
In other words, the best evidence you can find for why I might have wanted to kill him (Ignoring, of course, that he was fairly obviously pro-town, which holds true no matter who the scum are) was a post where he questions me, and then finds my response satisfactory? A fact which you ignore in your arguements?

Frankly, I think your pushing something that you know is wrong. I don't know if I'm going to stick to this, but
Vote:DS
For putting up a baseless arguement, ignoring facts that contradict him, and pushing it harder when arguement is put up against it.
1. Qoute it? You mean like I did right here?

2 & 3. Well, that's something we agree on.

Bribe? Don't you think your overstepping yourself just a little? I was giving my opinion to everyone. I think you have a 50/50 chance of being clever scum or stupid town. The chance we take with Liam is better, and I don't think you're a good kill today. If I'm not allowed to make my opinions known without you smirking and pointing going "look, see what he did there" then maybe I'm not being over defensive after all.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Thanatos »

...Funny how you remembered the first post but not the qoute therin. Very selective memory you have, isn't it?

Before I forget, where did you get the "I didn't read the thread" part? I said that I didn't check everything clearly, but are you telling me you've NEVER misunderstood something someone was doing? I admit that I overestimated the emphasis you put on it, by not clearly reading what you said. as I have for days now. Accusing me of not reading the thread is a bit of an exaggeration.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by Infinitive »

Okay, sorry for the absence, but my family's Thanksgiving kinda assploded all over me. There's something else going on, but I don't feel comfortable discussing it on a public message board. Sorry.

Anyway, the corollary to that is that I came home and got to read the last page and a half in one fell swoop. If anybody else out there feels like it, give it a swing, because a couple of things stick out to me.

First is that, as DS has noted, Than and DLS are acting a bit odd, compared to how they normally have behaved. Whether that is a result of either being hammered on repeatedly by DS or because they're scumbuddies is up to anyone's interpretation, but it's certainly worth noting.

However, the really interesting thing to me here is the progression of Disciple Slayer's rhetoric over the past little bit. For someone who has made a reputation for himself of posting short, inflammatory posts, DS has suddenly busted out with a few very verbose, aggressive quote-and-analysis posts and several accusations. I'm quite happy that he's working with quotations now and giving a more in-depth view of his thought process, but I just can't yet agree with the accusations he's levying or with the assumptions he's making.

One thing that really sticks out to me is that he claims that a Thanatos lynch is imminent when there's only 2 votes on the man. I don;t know why he said something like this, because it is on its face untrue as of now; I don't feel anywhere near comfortable enough in any spread of information to vote as of now, even on Liam, who I have talked about previously. Pushing for a quick lynch after a bad day 1 seems very odd to me, and DS seems to be trying to form up a bandwagon right now. Makes me wonder why.

Another interesting connection that DS has made is a possible connection between DLS and Thanatos, and his reasoning behind that also seems rather odd to me. As I recall, DLS was the only person not voting for anyone on day 1, and most of her activity in the thread was directed at DS. OTOH, Thanatos was an active part of the DT lynch, and had very little to do with DS. Neither DLS or Than had much to do with each other. Yet DS connects the two, and when they deny being scumbuddies (Big surprise, whether they are or not), DS takes that as immediate confirmation of his theory. Allow me to quote from Liam at the top of the page:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
I just gave a PBPA and you FOS me for quoting the words of a dead townie? I think your reasoning is flawed. Here's a vote to pressure you into more information.

Vote: Thanatos

Now watch as DLS rushes to defend him in her next post.
I'm actually pretty suprised nobody picked up on this, while it's true we need more information, this seems a little drastic.
I may not be Liam's biggest fan, but he's dead right here. DS seems to have baited DLS into speaking up in relation to his vote on Thanatos, and used that to claim the two are scumbuddies. Personally, this is a leap of logic I couldn't have made with a pole vault. Is it possible, and should we have a look into it? Sure, we should be looking into every plausible theory that gets posted. Is this proof? No. Normally, I'd be a little more conditional, but as they would say in Law and Order, DS has simply not made his prima facia case yet.

Further, a good portion of DS's case against the two is based on what he terms their overreaction to his accusations. In fairness, I think that it should be noted here that DS is at this point reacting very radically to anything either Thanatos or DLS posts, regardless of what it is. Frankly, all that this hyper-aggressive investigation of DLS and Thanatos that DS has drummed up has served only to make me more suspicious of him.

In fairness, DLS lying
and admitting to it
is quite concerning to me, and I'm really not sure what to do with this information. In context, she has been somewhat shifty in her positions the entire game, saying one thing and then sometimes posting a revision to her previous words, or a corollary. As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out on whether she's scummy or just passive-aggressive, but I want to hear more from her either way.

In regards to Thanatos, I'm frankly buying his defense from DS's accusations right now (much moreso than the accusations themselves, as should be evident by this point). His counteranalyses of DS's PBPAs seem to jive for me, and he does point out at least one suspicious omission in DS's quotations, an omission that runs totally counter to what DS is saying. I'm not sold on Thanatos either way yet, and I'd like to hear more from him (god, I say that so much...), but right now I can't find much to pry at, at least not recent stuff.

Anyway, in summary,
FOS: Disciple Slayer
for a long, incongruous series of suspicious analyses of other peoples' thoughts, omitting quotations directly relevant to a PBPA, and seeming to bait out a supposed connection between two people that is on its face suspect at best.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:15 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Thank you for your comments, Infinitive. I was wondering how much I had to mention it before someone noticed how he's been ignoring my responce to quote 3 I just want to mention that I voted him for largely the same reasons you FoS'd him. I don't know what I really think of him yet, and I don't intend for my vote to be read as a call for a lynch.

Also, I havn't been paying close attention to the conversation between him and DLS. Could you show me where we discover she's been lying about something?
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:33 pm

In fairness, DLS lying and admitting to it is quite concerning to me, and I'm really not sure what to do with this information
The only thing I lied about was when I said I was going to wait for every one else to post before I said anything. I ended up posting again to clear up something that had said before it got taken too far.
Let's get some insight from the other players. I'm not posting again until some one, actually let's make it every one else, posts something constructive.
OK...I lied. I have to say something before this comes up again.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:30 am

Post by Nudude »

I'm finding it hard to get a read on DLS, Thanatos and DS at the moment...there's way to much static in there, and I feel the reason is it's a bit confusing trying to figure out what everyone means.

How about you guys list very very clearly and in no uncertain terms exactly what concerns you have so far. To you guys it may seem perfectly clear what your own concerns and questions are, but to the rest of us (maybe just me actually, lol) it's a little hard to sift your questions and concerns.
Your absolutely right, I am crazy. I just got bored of normal, I'm harmless really =D
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:08 am

Post by Nudude »

Also, due to recent evidence:

Vote: Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:37 am

Post by Thanatos »

I believe I've done just that about 3 different times by now, Nudude.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:08 pm

Nudude wrote:Also, due to recent evidence:

Vote: Dark_Lady_Shaiann
What evidence?