DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:04 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Sorry I didn't spoiler anything.

But if you actually read any of the posts, there are very few where he actually expresses any sort of suspicion on MoZ. He just jumps on with "let's go", and never gives any reason for this lynch.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:05 am

Post by The Ascended Masters »

In post 1344, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 1342, SpyreX wrote:
In post 1340, The Ascended Masters wrote:I'm pretty excited to see Maker push his shiny new SpyreX suspicion.
In the meantime, short catch up.
Breaking my heart boo.

Unless that is murderous excitement
Murderous excitement; you are part of a very very small collection of people who I wouldn't instantly murder if given the opportunity and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I don't think that Maker can seriously push a case on you and end up as anything but dead by the end of it, but I'm excited to see him try.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:06 am

Ok, so you're up to something like 4 posts where you actually tried to push him.

You are not the strongarm in this lynch.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:06 am

Ok, if anyone has a dayvig, I humbly request you use it on TAM. If he's scum, go ahead and lynch me. I'm 100% confident that TAM is scum after that ISO.
“Why was I chosen?'
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:07 am

You went "look, Nacho liked Maker's play!". I pointed out the post 4 posts later where I clarified that no, I didn't.
You also didn't manage to quote all of my posts about Maker; why is that?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:08 am

I did a ctrl+f and typed in maker and MoZ. those were all the posts that weren't shitposts about him.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:08 am

Or ones that you quoted someone else talking about him, but didn't address the points on MoZ.
“Why was I chosen?'
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Mirhawk »

I see we're back up. I'm probably not going to be able to catch up until tomorrow.

Til then. :)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3699, DiamondSentinel wrote:with Nero a very very likely TAM buddy.
So to recap. I push TAM as a lynch, DS says that he'd be ok with a TAM lynch but it hesitant to vote them. I then accuse DS-TAM of scum theater and now he's trying to push me as a buddy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:13 am

In post 3708, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3699, DiamondSentinel wrote:with Nero a very very likely TAM buddy.
So to recap. I push TAM as a lynch, DS says that he'd be ok with a TAM lynch but it hesitant to vote them. I then accuse DS-TAM of scum theater and now he's trying to push me as a buddy.
That was just coincidence.

It was actually the fact that you tried to push something that wasn't the case, which would make them be town-read. I couldn't care less about scum theater, because I never take such accusations seriously. They are kinda funny to laugh at, though.
“Why was I chosen?'
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

ok, if I was pushing TAM for "something they could get town read for" why exactly are you voting TAM?

I mean sure you are not claiming that you think TAM is 100% scum but I don't really understand why you were voting them over "something they could be town read for"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:20 am

In post 3710, Nero Cain wrote:ok, if I was pushing TAM for "something they could get town read for" why exactly are you voting TAM?

I mean sure you are not claiming that you think TAM is 100% scum but I don't really understand why you were voting them over "something they could be town read for"
You didn't push them.

I was saying "whoever strongarmed MoZ was likely town" and then you said "TAM strongarmed them" which upon ISO 100% wasn't true. This makes it look like you are trying to get them townread even though the basis of this townread is obviously untrue.
“Why was I chosen?'
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:21 am

In post 3711, DiamondSentinel wrote:I was saying "whoever strongarmed MoZ was likely town" and then you said "TAM strongarmed them" which upon ISO 100% wasn't true. This makes it look like you are trying to get them townread even though the basis of this townread is obviously untrue.
I asked Nero who strongarmed MoZ.
Because his case on me is that I strongarmed MoZ yesterday. That's Cakez's case as well.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:21 am

Your previous statement is kinda the exact opposite of what happened, actually. You didn't push TAM for that, and I wasn't voting them over something they'd be townread for.

PEdit: Well, he's wrong, then. Because you didn't strongarm MoZ at all.
“Why was I chosen?'
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:23 am

In post 3703, DiamondSentinel wrote:If he's scum, go ahead and lynch me.
I assume you meant to say "if he's town".
The only thing that needs to happen when I flip town is for you to take a step back and actually read what people are saying. Same for Nero. Same for Cakez.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:24 am

Let me just spell this out for Nero and Cakez (mostly for Cakez, as I actually townread him at this point).

A D1 strongarm should not be proof of scuminess, especially if it's a "less strong" player like MoZ (what I mean is if you strongarmed someone like Varsoon, Drixx, or Ranger, who seem to be strong players, that'd be scummy. I'm not saying MoZ is a weak player). Therefore, your case on TAM is not valid. It makes no sense to potentially suffer many scumreads on such a fruitless lynch.

Au contraire, this should be for a townread. However, this is moot, as TAM
did not
strongarm MoZ.

PEdit: Thank you, TAM. I'm not good at typing.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:25 am

Well, at least we have sportsmanship between town and scum here. ^_^
“Why was I chosen?'
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah I don't think I've ever tried to get them townread. I think your "town are the one's that strongarm lynches" is more of an attempt to get a town read on them then anything that I've ever said.

The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:26 am

And being confident is fine; bloodlust in mafia is fun. But when you're wrong, you need to acknowledge that you were wrong, you need to find out why you were wrong, and you need to fix it in the future. You should never find yourself in a position where you don't believe the person you're pushing could ever be town in any circumstance ever because that means that for an entire day you're wasting time and effort forming a narrative that will be completely useless when your tunnel target flips town; you'll miss on scummy shit happening around you because you're tunnel-visioned, and if you never learn how to do that then you'll find people listening to you less and less and less, even if you are right occasionally.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:32 am

In post 3717, Nero Cain wrote:yeah I don't think I've ever tried to get them townread. I think your "town are the one's that strongarm lynches" is more of an attempt to get a town read on them then anything that I've ever said.
Absolutely not. I want a TAM lynch, or better yet, a TAM dayvig.
“Why was I chosen?'
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3718, The Ascended Masters wrote:And being confident is fine; bloodlust in mafia is fun. But when you're wrong, you need to acknowledge that you were wrong, you need to find out why you were wrong, and you need to fix it in the future. You should never find yourself in a position where you don't believe the person you're pushing could ever be town in any circumstance ever because that means that for an entire day you're wasting time and effort forming a narrative that will be completely useless when your tunnel target flips town; you'll miss on scummy shit happening around you because you're tunnel-visioned, and if you never learn how to do that then you'll find people listening to you less and less and less, even if you are right occasionally.
Agreed.

There is one minor exception to that rule I keep track of.

Not sure it is smart to say it here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

I townread TAM.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:59 am

Post by SpyreX »

There is 0 chance of admittance of wrong after this lynch but just keep chuggin along
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Killthestory »

ALRIGHT BOYS LET'S GET A LYNCH WITHIN AN HOUR. LET'S GO BOOOOOOYS.

VOTE: NOS
LET'S P
O W E R
W A G
O N
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:31 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3622, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 3615, Aristophanes wrote:TAM, what's your Nos case then? I don't get why they look wonderful as a kill target.
For one, why would you ever want to keep them alive? I don't really understand how you're reading their ISO and going "yep, that seems like a terrible kill target, what does Nacho see in there that makes him want to kill Nosferatu?".

I doubt that Nos is town because he hasn't done shit this game and has no plans of doing anything; every once in a while he'll pretend he's about to do something with shallow questions "what's a mole?" "oh PK you might be scum!", but there's not a genuine piece of scumhunting in the entire ISO whereas everyone else here has at least managed something.
This is garbo, Nos always does that
In post 3624, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 3616, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3610, The Ascended Masters wrote:Nero, you've known me for 7 years. You've called me "she" for 7 years. You see every other person in the game who refers to me as "he", I've had the right gender in my profile for all of those years; how is it that, of every person that I've played with on this site and others, you're the only one who still can't get it right?
I am
supposedly
misreading you and this is what you decide to fuss at me about?
I don't expect you to ever be able to read me accurately. I do expect you to be able to use the right pronoun eventually.
In post 3620, SirCakez wrote:Why do they suck, they're both pretty scummy?

If you want to talk about survivalism just look at TAM. Only posting content when the wagon built up on them, no scumhunting that isn't being forced by pressure.
Or I'm just posting when I have time, same as I've always done.
But I've literally never seen you get prodded before (unless I'm forgetting)
In post 3638, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 3629, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 3620, SirCakez wrote:Kids TV Show Characters Mafia
Nacho, what do you think of that as a comparable to you this game? Is cakey just bullshitting or does he have a point? I'll get around to skimming it at some point but wanted your take first.
My day 1 there looks nothing like my Day 1 here. You'll be able to tell from a cursory glance.
Please do look at it mhsmith, it's super similar
In post 3677, The Ascended Masters wrote:who strongarmed the MoZ lynch yesterday?
You did
In post 3715, DiamondSentinel wrote:Let me just spell this out for Nero and Cakez (mostly for Cakez, as I actually townread him at this point).

A D1 strongarm should not be proof of scuminess, especially if it's a "less strong" player like MoZ (what I mean is if you strongarmed someone like Varsoon, Drixx, or Ranger, who seem to be strong players, that'd be scummy. I'm not saying MoZ is a weak player). Therefore, your case on TAM is not valid. It makes no sense to potentially suffer many scumreads on such a fruitless lynch.

Au contraire, this should be for a townread. However, this is moot, as TAM
did not
strongarm MoZ.

PEdit: Thank you, TAM. I'm not good at typing.
Yes it is
Especially because it was on a less strong player
It was an easy pickoff
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”