Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:11 am

Post by Skrub »

In post 3561, PJ. wrote:Just swing your vote on to TAM. It's your best bet for not being mislynch today #coachemup
Why TAM?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:27 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 3568, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 3435, DiamondSentinel wrote:I dunno. It's fairly diverse. You've got your "obey the rules all the time" character in Jet, the "I'm just in it for the money" character in Faye, and then Spike is your typical "I'm just doing stuff because that's cool" protagonist.

And then there's Ed. She's a roller coaster. At first, she was introduced as a fairly important character, and then she become comic relief for a good half of the series, and then she's finally starting to get some decent screen-time. I hope. I'm just at episode 19.
In post 3436, DiamondSentinel wrote:I will say that's my biggest problem with it.

Ed had massive potential to be an amazing character and then they just made her a comic relief character with very little point for a while.
The point is you have about 3 or 4 superb main characters in the crew, whereas Firefly had like 8, which didn't feel like too much.
That's also true.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

Both the top two wagons suck staying on Kraska.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:39 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 3575, Skrub wrote:
In post 3561, PJ. wrote:Just swing your vote on to TAM. It's your best bet for not being mislynch today #coachemup
Why TAM?
Because he's a wagon counter to you. At this point the race has been narrowed down to a 2 or 3 horse race(depending about how you feel about Kraska/mirhawk - which should really be condensed into 1 wagon because one is only scum if the other is scum) unless there is a mass exodus off one of those wagons on to an unsuspecting scumslipper(varsoon/rm pref) then regardless of your alignment it's in your best interest to put your vote on one of the other horses. I think Kraska/mirhawk is town and teaches us way less than a TAM lynch. Numerous people have acted p shady around his wagon and unless you are aggressively acting against your alignment then that is the best lynch IMO.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3567, Aristophanes wrote:But that would insinuate that the current 2 large wagons contain a scum member
its possible, though the possibility also exists that scum is just abstaining and/or intentionally prolonging the day.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3577, MathBlade wrote:Both the top two wagons suck staying on Kraska.
tell us how you really feel?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Skrub »

In post 3578, PJ. wrote:
Why TAM?
Because he's a wagon counter to you. At this point the race has been narrowed down to a 2 or 3 horse race(depending about how you feel about Kraska/mirhawk - which should really be condensed into 1 wagon because one is only scum if the other is scum) unless there is a mass exodus off one of those wagons on to an unsuspecting scumslipper(varsoon/rm pref) then regardless of your alignment it's in your best interest to put your vote on one of the other horses. I think Kraska/mirhawk is town and teaches us way less than a TAM lynch. Numerous people have acted p shady around his wagon and unless you are aggressively acting against your alignment then that is the best lynch IMO.
Alright

VOTE: the ascended masters
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Panzerjager wrote:
Why TAM?
?
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:14 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3581, Skrub wrote:
In post 3578, PJ. wrote:
Why TAM?
Alright

So what convinced you of them being likely scum? Or is this essentially just a survival vote?
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Skrub »

In post 3583, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 3581, Skrub wrote:
In post 3578, PJ. wrote:
Why TAM?
Alright

So what convinced you of them being likely scum? Or is this essentially just a survival vote?
I guess it's just survival
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Due to mafia scum unexpected downtime this day phase is now 48 hours extended. I won't apply any prods in next 48 hours.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:00 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3585, Frozen Angel wrote:
Due to mafia scum unexpected downtime this day phase is now 48 hours extended. I won't apply any prods in next 48 hours.
I don't think we need it, but I appreciate it regardless.

Let's just fucking lynch someone!

Also, I had something to say to Skrub before the site went down and now I forget what it was...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:06 am

Post by pisskop »

holy nuggets
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VLA until Monday evening

We should be voting Kraska. I disagree Panzer.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Hey, we is back. Umm, yeah.

Just watched Episode 22. Most wtf episode ever...
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by PJ. »

Yeah cowboy bebop actually not that good.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:47 pm

No, it's very good. That episode just felt quite out of place.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:48 pm

It was a very weird comic relief episode, although, with the last 3 episodes, I understand why they would lighten the mood a bit. The series ends on a slightly heavy-handed note.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:50 pm

It's definitely one of my top 5. Probably around #4. I just wish it felt a bit more connected.
“Why was I chosen?'
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Killthestory »

this is now back up for me.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 3593, DiamondSentinel wrote:It's definitely one of my top 5. Probably around #4. I just wish it felt a bit more connected.
That's exactly why it's not very good, but I don't like shows written in that style in general. I really enjoyed bebop movie, but guaranteed cowboy bebop proper isn't even in the top 100 imo.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:33 pm

In post 3595, PJ. wrote:
In post 3593, DiamondSentinel wrote:It's definitely one of my top 5. Probably around #4. I just wish it felt a bit more connected.
That's exactly why it's not very good, but I don't like shows written in that style in general. I really enjoyed bebop movie, but guaranteed cowboy bebop proper isn't even in the top 100 imo.
I am perfectly fine with non sequitur shows. It's what I grew up watching, so I guess that's why I'm fine with it.
“Why was I chosen?'
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by PJ. »

But it's not even top 5 in that style :(
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by PJ. »

I don't even think it's top 5 by that director either.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:59 pm

Post by pisskop »

its in the top 5 cartoons I've seen front to back.

its one of maybe six cartoons ive seen all the episodes for but ill blame toonami.

lets see ...

ea no. cartoons arent my thing.

i saw a lot of south park. does that count? they used to do libertarian satire in a decent way
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”