mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

:shifty:
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.07
BlueBloodedToffee (3)
, , ,
goodmorning (2)
, ,
MichelSableheart (1)
BlackVoid (1)
VictorDeAngelo (2)
, ,
Sotty7 (3)
, , ,
MariaR (1)

Day one deadline is Wednesday November 2, 8 AM PST. (expired on 2016-11-02 08:00:00)

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 357, Sotty7 wrote:
In post 338, TwoFace wrote:But let's rewind for a bit. You originally said "stuff victor said" which implies multiple things and the only thing you pointed to was 1 useless question. Where's the other "stuff"? There was no other stuff. Victor hasn't made a good post yet.
Definitely disagree, his reasoning on BBT for example is actually pretty good. The only issue I have with Victors posts is the formatting and that sometimes he leaves off the names in his quote trees which makes things even harder for bad players like myself to understand. Otherwise I know where he stands. But hey, you're voting, guess I'm doing something right.
Finally getting around to reading this. Your response to me doesn't make sense.

You said
In post 271, Sotty7 wrote:His stuff on Twoface is mostly good
When I ask you what other stuff about me, because victor didn't have any other stuff about me, you talk about unrelated stuff? Why.

I'm holding you to this. You clearly say victor said good stuff about me and the ONLY thing you point to is a useless question.

I now wonder if victor really is town and you're trying to wk him. You're response to my question will help me greatly.

Another thing I noticed. You accused me of arguing semantics with victor. I never did that. Hoopla/victor were arguing semantics. I just pointed out that his reason for scum reading hoopla was bad because she made a really good post that just so happen made victor look bad.

After all that, you don't even mention victor in your reads list?

Coin flip time.

Heads

VOTE: sotty

P.s. Voting somebody in an attempt to force somebody to vote when they said they didn't have any scum reads yet, is not pro town imo. It's not even a good use of a vote. Nevermind the fact that you should have seen I attempted to vote victor before you voted me which makes you trying to take credit for it fall flat.

I'm not ready to write victor off as town, but a sotty scum flip will make me feel better about him.

P.p.s - so it doesn't get lost. What other stuff did you like from Victor about me?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 396, TwoFace wrote:The caps was unnecessary
caps is NEVER unnecessary
In post 402, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 123, goodmorning wrote:tbqh i just expect better of toffee by this point than 'oh, let's just bamdwagons'
I need to have time to invest in the game.
that is a totally ok answer

--

victor leave off toffee

i like when people catchup post as if in real time

--

@Cloud: It makes me uncomfortable how often you keep asserting that I'm the towniest towny to ever town.

(Almost like it's a blatant WK...)

--
In post 425, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 366, goodmorning wrote: sotty mostly only talks about it in 119, finding the bandwagoning scummy because... i'm not actually sure. she also says some stuff about meta but the things she says are different alignments look mutually inclusive. then she just harasses a lot of people to join the wagon.

idk if it really says anything about either of their alignments. sotty's disappointment at toffee's disappearance looked genuine but that's nai. didn't really get much else out of it.
Well it does, because Sotty was attempting to push a baseless scum read and instantly gave up on it when it wasn't going anywhere. She literally gave no reasons for why I was scum.
This is also an OK answer.

--

toffee just fucking quote your shit, i really didn't need you to make maria spam non-content

--

p19: I could join the Sotty wagon forming. Too many associatives before flips. Nothing else. (though if we are doing associatives before flips, sotty/michel. choosing weak reasons to tr scumpartners is p much my jam)

--

p20-21: Nothing. That one post from Jaack, but functionally nothing.

--

I hate having to catch up after <48hrs. Someone (not Victor) should ask me something.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 508, TwoFace wrote:So you aren't new actually. You're another alt. Why didn't you just say so?

3 mafia and a SK would pass for normal
2 teams of 2 mafia would also pass for normal.

And sorry, not going to believe your denial cause a newbie doesn't talk about balance and such during their first game on site.

P.edit - no you don't have to do a reads list
I am a newbie at forum mafia, i am not a newbie at mafia. I am a newbie about normalcy and stuffy like that but i was actually curiousa bout the roles. Believe it or not, i passed a good 2 hours skimming trhought the most popular roles on mafiascum and how its different than on em. I dont have any alts
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 514, BlackVoid wrote:Hoopla, when you get a chance, explain why Michel is such a strong townread for you. I've also seen his posting be a voice of reason but as far as alignment is concerned, he's null to me. The only thing you mentioned was the PSA-style declaration which you said you've only seen in his towngames. Do you have an opinion of his later posting?
I think his diligence in analysing the early game once everyone else had moved on comes from a pro-town mindset. If he was scum, he could have quite easily faked reads or made up something about what was currently happening, but instead chose to focus on the area of the game he has been thinking about more. To me, that looks like town trying figure out alignments (although not in the way I'd personally go about it) and doesn't seem like BS.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 529, CloudKicker wrote:I am a newbie at forum mafia, i am not a newbie at mafia. I am a newbie about normalcy and stuffy like that but i was actually curiousa bout the roles. Believe it or not, i passed a good 2 hours skimming trhought the most popular roles on mafiascum and how its different than on em. I dont have any alts
Have you picked out a good fakeclaim yet? Don't go with anything too fancy for a first try is my humble advice.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Okay. Another thing I wondered about your list: you mention me as being competent enough to fake things convincingly. What are you basing this off of?

In the game you linked of Michel's, he won a four-player endgame with players that were actually competently analyzing the game and was a fairly universal townread. That shows he's competent at playing scum. If you have "tinges of paranoia" about me, what makes you confident enough about Michel where you think he can't fake his level of play?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 532, BlackVoid wrote:Okay. Another thing I wondered about your list: you mention me as being competent enough to fake things convincingly. What are you basing this off of?

In the game you linked of Michel's, he won a four-player endgame with players that were actually competently analyzing the game and was a fairly universal townread. That shows he's competent at playing scum. If you have "tinges of paranoia" about me, what makes you confident enough about Michel where you think he can't fake his level of play?
People capable of independent thought in mafia are usually capable of convincing deception. You've had a couple of unique observations in this game and I agree with callforjudgement in your open setup thread -- lots of good thought in there.

And don't fear -- the town bloc will be thoroughly reviewed for imposters in due time.
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:35 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 531, Hoopla wrote:
In post 529, CloudKicker wrote:I am a newbie at forum mafia, i am not a newbie at mafia. I am a newbie about normalcy and stuffy like that but i was actually curiousa bout the roles. Believe it or not, i passed a good 2 hours skimming trhought the most popular roles on mafiascum and how its different than on em. I dont have any alts
Have you picked out a good fakeclaim yet? Don't go with anything too fancy for a first try is my humble advice.
I did, i would pm you for advices but i dont think i can
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:41 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

@Maria: I recall seeing something in the postgame of mini 1814 that you wouldn't have fought with Gerry there the way you did if he wasn't your buddy. Am I misremembering things? Asking because your interactions with BBT here seem somewhat similar to that situation.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 487, BlackVoid wrote:@Sotty7, the only thing you said about Michel was that's he's town for the PSA-style declaration in his opening post. Do you have an opinion on his later posting?
It's typical of what I expect from Michel. This stuff with Hoopla, especially Post 321 where he breaks down peoples reactions to her opening dice throw, was good. I don't agree he's wishy washy.
In post 488, TwoFace wrote:
In post 483, Sotty7 wrote:Town I have Michel, Rask and GM. Scum BBT, Twoface and I'm not sure on a third right now. I'd just be throwing someone random in here so I'll leave it open. Hoopla is starting to fall towards null/scum, Maria has moved up towards null/town.
No read on victor? That's odd.
Hoopla read is very odd also
Odd why? Victor is town as well, I posted that reads list as I was on the way out of the door so not everyone popped into mind at the time.
In post 489, CloudKicker wrote:Hey sotty, talk to me, i am a great read and if youre actualy town then i will defend you
What do you think of BBT's push on me?
In post 527, TwoFace wrote:When I ask you what other stuff about me, because victor didn't have any other stuff about me, you talk about unrelated stuff? Why.
I'm confused.

I said I liked Victor's stuff on you. This didn't mean that is was different from the stuff I had posted on you. I don't get what you are driving at here at all. It wasn't until Victor brought up you still weren't voting that I noticed and then took the time to look back. Your transition onto me is pretty transparent at this point unless you can elaborate more on this.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:20 am

Post by TwoFace »

1. it's odd cause you were basically buddying/agreeing with him so he should have made the list before some of those other people.

2. I am not sure why you are confused since I explained it to you in that post but apparently you need to be treated like a child.

you said this
In post 271, Sotty7 wrote:His stuff on Twoface is mostly good
When I asked you to clarify what you meant aka the question mark emoji, you're response was
In post 311, Sotty7 wrote:The fact you're not voting.
1. That isn't anything. he asked me a question and the question was a useless one.

2. "stuff" implies multiple things, or at the bare minimum more than 1 thing.

Victor didn't make any posts about me. He and I had a conversation answering questions and such, but he never made any negative points against me outside of me not answering his question.

so Can you please link me to the "stuff" victor supposedly said that you agreed with please.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 535, MichelSableheart wrote:@Maria: I recall seeing something in the postgame of mini 1814 that you wouldn't have fought with Gerry there the way you did if he wasn't your buddy. Am I misremembering things? Asking because your interactions with BBT here seem somewhat similar to that situation.
No you're right I would've never cursed swear and yelled at someone so harshly unless they were my friend I don't think I'm being mean to BBT more as I am taunting him it's quite fun
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by MariaR »

If I'm coming off as mean I'm very sorry I never meant to be mean.
Oh dear
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 537, TwoFace wrote: 1. That isn't anything. he asked me a question and the question was a useless one.

2. "stuff" implies multiple things, or at the bare minimum more than 1 thing.

Victor didn't make any posts about me. He and I had a conversation answering questions and such, but he never made any negative points against me outside of me not answering his question.

so Can you please link me to the "stuff" victor supposedly said that you agreed with please.
To me the not voting thing it's something.

I'm not sure why were being this uptight about the meaning of the word stuff, but okay. Seems to be theme of this game.

Victor made posts that had things about you inside of them, hence he made posts about you. Post 199 and Post 203 are mostly what I am talking about.

Stuff means "what was posted" It doesn't mean "multiple things posted" otherwise I would have said "things" Probably? I don't know but this is getting ridiculous.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@Sotty7, while you are here, can you talk about your read on Hoopla? When there was a wagon developing on you, you said that she was starting to fall back into null/scum. That came out of the blue. What prompted that? You also didn't seem to show any interest in trying to read her earlier. When she voted you, it was just sadness. Can you go over your entire progression of your read there, where it started, how it changed and what your read is now, and talk about what specific posts caused these changes?
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by TwoFace »

Post 199 he was answering my question to him about why he didn't do what he says townies should do
Post 203 - he said he didn't understand my response to his question (which was a pointless question since he already answered it himself on the previous page). The next part was a continuation of the conversation from 199.

So there's no points he made about me.

The not voting question wasn't even anything against me either. It was asking me a simple question which I answered BEFORE you said you agreed with victors "stuff"

So basically your entire reason for voting me was BS. You basically made a post that sounded like you were agreeing with victor, but victor never made any accusations towards me. He and I were having a conversation.

I also really hate this post which reeks of LAMIST
In post 271, Sotty7 wrote:It's day one Twoface, what are you waiting for, vote your top scum read and lets get going.
1. Who are you to tell me how to play?
2. How can you even tell me to vote my biggest scum read when I said in posts 242/243 that I don't have any reads. Which means I didn't have a "biggest scum read" to vote? I even said when I have reads I would vote which makes your comment to me very shallow.

I know nobody is going to agree with me, nobody usually does but I'm pretty sure you're scum trying to buddy victor and making comments that are done more for effect and have very little facts in them.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 242, TwoFace wrote:I'm not voting anyone right now because I don't have anyone I want to vote right now.
In post 243, TwoFace wrote:When I have reads, I'll act on them
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 311, Sotty7 wrote:Twoface who is dacing around this back and forth and who isn't even voting when it looks like he has clearly picked a side
More LAMIST considering this happened 2 posts before his.
In post 309, TwoFace wrote:Think it's time for a flip. Do I vote victor?

Tails. Ok not now but I'll revisit that one later.
I obviously attempted a vote so his comment again was for show.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by TwoFace »

And because I attempted a vote and said I would revisit it later. He makes another LAMIST post here
In post 357, Sotty7 wrote:But hey, you're voting, guess I'm doing something right.
Because he was in no way responsible for my vote since I attempted to vote before he voted me.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by TwoFace »

So can we rope sotty today and revisit bbt tomorrow? I promise I'll delve deep into bbt's iso tomorrow if we get sotty lynched today.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

prodge
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:54 am

Post by Hoopla »

I feel like this game is grinding to a halt, but how can that be when there are two delicious wagons on offer with plenty of seats still available?

As far as I'm concerned, if you're not picking between BBT/Sotty at this stage and you're not pushing hard for an alternative, you're active lurking.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:56 am

Post by MariaR »

I guess I'm gonna lurk then.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”