Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by Disciple Slayer »

Vote Count

Thanatos (1) - Gorgon
liamcool (1) - charter

Not Voting (7) - Dark_Lady_Shaiann, Thanatos, Disciple Slayer, liamcool, Infinitive, Nudude, VampyreLord

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Infinitive wrote:DLS, if you have suspicions, voice them. If nothing else, closer examination of anyone can't be bad for the town. Given the history between you two, I'd go out of my way to be polite about it tho.

I, for one, will look at any evidence or theories that anyone posts about anyone. We're in a bit of a spot at the moment, and more discussion is a good thing.
Well...I'm not gonna sugercoat it if I do find good enough evidence, if thats what you mean. I just fear if I say anything he will start arguing with me again and my points will be lost to another flame war. Which is basically how I feel he got away with everything the last time.
You better be polite. You know what's coming to you if you show up an asshat again. Blaming the weakness of your points (which you haven't even stated yet) on the flame war that YOU instigated? Jeez, give me a fucking break.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:55 pm

And now for random thoughts. We had two kills last night. Mafia groups in Little Italy generally only have one kill per night, so we have the following possibilities below.

Two mafia groups

One mafia group, one SK

One mafia group, one vig

One mafia group, one SK, and one vig who didn't target anyone

Two mafia groups and one vig who didn't target anyone.

If there are two mafia groups in the game, there would need to be more pro-town powah roles to balance it out. There might be more than one doc/cop/whatever.

If there is a SK in the game, he might have killed someone who suspected him of being scummy. A review of the list of suspects of the recently deceased is coming up.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:01 pm

Hang 'em High wrote:Hello, everyone. Sorry for not posting sooner; as you'll see from my signature, weekends are tough for me. Day one is largely a guessing game, but we've got to start somewhere. The one thing that stood out to me while reading the weekend's posts was Dark_Lady_Shaiann putting a 4th vote on Lord Nikon. A 4th vote on page 1 is a little odd. She said it was a random vote, but there was no dice roll to back it up. While it probably
was
random, it's possible she was claiming random while trying to get a bandwagon going. Now I know a 4th vote isn't a big deal since the risk of a quick lynch is minimal, but it was the only thing that caught my eye at all so for now I'm going to:

Vote: Dark_Lady_Shaiann
DLS is suspect number one.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:03 pm

Hang 'em High wrote:
Infinitive wrote:
Vote: No Vote

Everyone else is voting so far, so I'm gonna cool my heels and read what people have to say for now. Besides, I got lynched in my last game for trying to figure things out.
I don't like this thinking. Votes serve many purposes besides a lynch. They can pressure people to contribute. They create a voting history for later analysis. They create discussion. All these things are good for the town. Not voting accomplishes nothing. Don't wait to vote until you are sure someone is scum -- use your vote as a tool to help uncover scum.
Lord Nikon wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Random Vote: Lord Nikon

Cause he's not dark like me.
You claim that your vote is random, yet you give a reason for it? I believe we're now out of the random voting stage and we've caught us a scum.

Unvote, Vote: Dark Lady Shaiann
"Caught us a scum"? Let's not overstate things here. As I stated earlier, I found DLS's vote a little suspicious, but the case against her is nowhere near strong enough to warrant that. This early the only people who can be certain who is scum are the scum themselves.
Nudude wrote:If conversation doesn't pick up guys, we might have to start having a look at some of the lurkers. Mods are quite happy to throw deadlines on threads that aren't moving, so we've got to get some more people talking.
While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I think this game is moving along pretty well considering we're early in day 1. The first day is really tough and people have to build cases with only flimsy evidence. Obviously we've got to keep pushing, but I don't think we're in any danger of getting deadlined yet.

I don't like when people guide the conversation but don't take action themselves. It makes me think they're trying to get a bandwagon going without attaching themselves to it. If you think we should go after lurkers, you do it. Don't ask others to do your work for you.
VampyreLord wrote:come
on
fellas. These are all at least
semi
-random votes. We can't really base any suspicouns (argh) on anything at this point. You guys seem real jumpy.
QFT. But that's just kinda the way things go on day 1. Gotta start somewhere.
Gorgon wrote:Everyone wants people to vote, it's just that scum want people to vote for townies. How does not voting give scum an advantage?
Votes generate discussion. Votes pressure people and possibly lead to mistakes. Votes leave a trail for later analysis. All these things create information that can help the town.
charter wrote:
VampyreLord wrote:
charter wrote:
Infinitive wrote:Hey, I got L-1'd on the first page of my first game. Sometimes people just have a brain fart when they're setting the random votes. I'm still not convinced of anything.

The corollary is that I got lynched on the top of page 4, so maybe that just means that my first game was screwy.
Yeah, I put someone at L-1 because I wasn't thinking and I was the prime suspect for scum for the rest of the game. (when I was in fact the cop)
Bah, charter and Infinitive are both sticking up for DLS. Could be a link between any of them. Could be Scum, Masons or Cult. Ain't much but at least something. IGMEOY.
Where am I "sticking up for" let alone even talking about/with Dark lady shaiann? I don't see where Infinitive does this either. Care to explain your statement?
I agree with charter here. I don't see where charter or Infinitive stood up for DLS. VampyreLord, I'd like to hear your explanation as well -- it seems you are distorting facts to cast aspersions on someone.
FoS: VampyreLord

Infinitive wrote:Here's the link to the article:
http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.p ... ood_Townie
For the most part I disagree with this article, particularly on day 1. Right now no townie has more information than any other (unless we've got masons on our side). IMO, laying low as a townie encourages the scum to do the same, which is not good for the town.
Gorgon wrote:D_L_S, there was ample discussion about the fact that the Lord Nikon wagon was building momentum rapidly. You should have noticed this. IGMEOY.
At the very least I found DLS's vote to be careless and it could have been an attempt to get a wagon started on a townie. It's hardly a convincing case, but I think it's the best we've got at the moment.
VL is suspect number two.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:03 pm

Hang 'em High wrote:
deepthought wrote:
Hang 'em High wrote:The one thing that stood out to me while reading the weekend's posts was Dark_Lady_Shaiann putting a 4th vote on Lord Nikon.
I agree largely with this post but I don't think Shotgun_Kitten should get a free pass after putting up the third vote and then vanishing only to surface with one "sorry for being lurky" excuse. She seems to have been largely forgotten.
You're absolutely right. I haven't forgotten her -- in fact when I saw she had placed a third vote on Lord Nikon
without any explanation
I was ready to vote for her. The only reason I didn't was because I found DLS's vote even more curious. But you're right -- we shouldn't give Kitten a free pass. Her unexplained vote warrants a
FoS: Shotgun_Kitten
Thanatos is suspect number three.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:04 pm

Hang 'em High wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:Alright....let me see if I can explain this clearly. I have a reputation of rambling.....

What I'm trying to say is, if I had noticed that he was even in the game earlier then I did, the reason for my random vote would not have changed. I didn't have a random reason to random vote any one else, and then all of a sudden I noticed him, and not really knowing how many people before me had voted for him (considering that I didn't even know he was there), I just went ahead and random voted for him with that trying-to-be-funny/random reason.

Does that make a little bit more sense or should I try and simplify it once more?
I'm not really buying that DLS didn't even notice Lord Nikon was in the game. This is a mini game and there are only 11 other players, so claiming not to have noticed another player is either very careless or disingenuous. Even though I voted for her based on it, I realize her initial vote against Lord Nikon is a flimsy case. However, I'm finding her explanation unsatisfactory. I do give her credit for responding and not getting overly defensive.

On the other hand, Shotgun_Kitten also had a suspicious vote against Lord Nikon and isn't responding at all. I'll show you her entire contribution to the game so far:
Shotgun_Kitten wrote:
Vote:Lord Nikon
Shotgun_Kitten wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote: FOS ShotgunKitten for voting Lord Nikon for no reason and for not talking much.
Sorry. Started a new job. Work 40 some odd hours a week. By the time I get home Dad's on the computer...so I can post once or twice in the mornings, and that's about it. So sorry for the slowness guys.
I can understand the LA problems -- that's not really my issue. My concern is the vote on Lord Nikon and the fact she didn't address it at all after being questioned on it. Disciple Slayer raised two points in his post: SK's vote and her lack of activity. She addressed the latter while ignoring the former. I'm still just as suspicious of Dark_Lady_Shaiann as I was previously (if not more), but at least she's participating. Time to get Shotgun_Kitten to do the same.

Unvote: Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Vote: Shotgun_Kitten
Another action by SK that Thanatos can conveniently ignore on the basis that he wasn't playing the game yet at that point.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:06 pm

Hang 'em High wrote:
Official Vote Count

Shotgun_Kitten (3)
- deepthought, charter, Hang'em High
charter (2) - Nudude, liamcool
Lord Nikon (1) - Shotgun_Kitten
Dark_Lady_Shaiann (1)- Lord Nikon
Disciple Slayer (1) - VampyreLord
liamcool (1) - Gorgon

Not Voting (3) - Infinitive, DiscipleSlayer, Dark_Lady_Shaiann

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

deepthought wrote:
liamcool wrote:Couldn't we just vote the people who aren't posting at all out or something, if it's bugging you all that much?
Why would you need to ask this and not put down a vote yourself?
QFT. I'll repeat an earlier exchange.
Hang 'em High wrote:
Nudude wrote:If conversation doesn't pick up guys, we might have to start having a look at some of the lurkers. Mods are quite happy to throw deadlines on threads that aren't moving, so we've got to get some more people talking.
I don't like when people guide the conversation but don't take action themselves. It makes me think they're trying to get a bandwagon going without attaching themselves to it. If you think we should go after lurkers, you do it. Don't ask others to do your work for you.
On to another topic...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
deepthought wrote:This is getting ridiculous; SK is single-handedly stalling the game and hasn't posted in just under a week. Replace her or modkill her or something.
I don't like the way you singled S_K out like that. Lord Nikon hasn't posted since page 1. I understand that everyone else is upset with her because she hasn't stated a good enough reason for her vote on L N, and I don't mind that, but to only blame S_K for the game stalling and immediatly request a modkill doesn't seem very fair, or very townie.
Not that what DLS says is invalid, but I find it interesting she is defending Shotgun_Kitten and redirecting toward Lord Nikon. DLS and SK both placed supposedly random 3rd and 4th votes on LN -- I wondered at the time if they could be scum buddies trying to generate a bandwagon. I knew it was a minor thing, but something I wanted to keep an eye on. That's why this quote caught my eye -- it's another possible link between SK and DLS and another example where they are going after LN. While the case is still quite tenuous, the evidence is mounting that DLS and SK are scum buddies who decided to target Lord Nikon.
SK became Thanatos. Lord Nikon then became Insurgent, who died N1.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Hang 'em High wrote:First I'd like to welcome Thanatos -- looking forward to your input.

@liamcool
. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and please keep it up. While you didn't offer much new, it's still important to get your feedback. One question, though. If you find deepthought to be scummy, why did you FoS him rather than voting?

@infinitive
. Same question. If you find deepthought to be scummy, why did you FoS him rather than voting?
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:I would like to hear HeH's response to said post (101) since it was more directed at him, but I can only assume he didn't think anything of it since he didn't address it.
Here is my original post that triggered DLS's response:
Hang 'em High wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
deepthought wrote:This is getting ridiculous; SK is single-handedly stalling the game and hasn't posted in just under a week. Replace her or modkill her or something.
I don't like the way you singled S_K out like that. Lord Nikon hasn't posted since page 1. I understand that everyone else is upset with her because she hasn't stated a good enough reason for her vote on L N, and I don't mind that, but to only blame S_K for the game stalling and immediatly request a modkill doesn't seem very fair, or very townie.
Not that what DLS says is invalid, but I find it interesting she is defending Shotgun_Kitten and redirecting toward Lord Nikon. DLS and SK both placed supposedly random 3rd and 4th votes on LN -- I wondered at the time if they could be scum buddies trying to generate a bandwagon. I knew it was a minor thing, but something I wanted to keep an eye on. That's why this quote caught my eye -- it's another possible link between SK and DLS and another example where they are going after LN. While the case is still quite tenuous, the evidence is mounting that DLS and SK are scum buddies who decided to target Lord Nikon.
And here's DLS's post 101 for reference:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:Ok...well if that be the case, then I don't like the way your defending deepthought and redirecting back to me. Therefore you and deepthought must be scum buddies together. If only things were that simple.......

It's not my fault every one else was either too mad or too scared to say anything.
You misunderstood my point, which is probably my fault for not being clearer. I wasn't defending deepthought -- in fact I actually agree with your attack on him. However, I thought your post showed another possible link to Shotgun_Kitten. Early on you two placed 3rd and 4th votes on Lord Nikon. Then you later defended SK and again brought up Lord Nikon as a possible target. I'm not saying either of you are definite scum, but if one of you comes back as such I'm going to be mighty suspicious of the other.

As for deepthought, I'm finding his answers unsatisfactory. He almost comes off as arrogant, as in "I have way more experience than you so how dare you question me." That sort of attitude rubs me the wrong way and makes me inclined to lynch him, but I fear my dislike of his tone is clouding my vision somewhat -- I want to make sure I'm voting him because he's scummy, not because he's belligerent. In the end though, he has proposed some antitown tactics and has never really addressed the accusations made against him. Therefore, I'm keeping my vote where it is for the time being as we await input from Thanatos and whomever replaces Lord Nikon.
HeH reiterates possible Thanatos/HeH link.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:11 pm

Hang 'em High wrote:
Infinitive wrote:In fact, aside from his vote, I don't think that he has mentioned DT in any way, shape, or form, which would be a good strategy for two scumbuddies.

FOS: Liamcool
Actually, this is not true. Here is his post previous to the one where he votes DT.
liamcool wrote:
@laimcool.
You haven't really done any scumhunting and I'd like your opinion. Who do you find most suspicious? Why?

Based off the last page or so (the new conversation), I have a fairly strong suspicion (about 60%) or so that deepthought is scum. He seems to want Shotgun Kitten to be killed rather than replaced, which is kinda suspicious. Also, he apparently knows that there are three mafia. He stated that with a lot of convinction and knowledge. For all we know, this might be a non-standard game with 2 or 4 mafia, or even a bastard mod game with screwed up roles. Highly unlikely for the second instance though.
deepthought wrote:
You can tweak the exact split of roles or screw with the mix by adding third parties, but it's basically useless to speculate about that without any cardflips.
Not neccesarily. Speculating might bring up more conversation which brings up more leads which helps uncover scum, which i highly suspect you to be right now.

I know, I don't have many leads right now but I'm trying the best that I can.

Unvote: Charter

FOS: Deepthought
While I don't like liamcool's vote for the reasons I've already stated, I also don't like you misrepresenting the facts.
FoS: Infinitive
HeH suspects Infinitive for falsifying facts.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:12 pm

Hang 'em High wrote:
Thanatos wrote:hm...Well, I have some reasons for this, though not the time to explain them in Detail (mainly they were aligned during the SK issue, DT's response to Liam's horrible plan, and the way Liam voted) I am fairly certain that Liam and DT are scumbuddies.

Therefore, if the cucensous is to let DT live the night, I propose we kill Liam.
I've liked your contributions so far, but this post is a bit yucky. You are advocating killing someone and only giving hints of reasons. I've found liamcool suspicious, so I'll be very interested in hearing your case fully outlined. However, I still find your post fishy. Just yesterday you said:
Thanatos wrote:Besides, I don't see any other strong leads at the moment, to be honest. Except for Liam, but even that I don't consider strong at the moment.
You haven't talked about liamcool at all since then until your post calling for his death. I don't know how you go from a case you say isn't strong to advocating his death. Adding to this, late last night you said:
Thanatos wrote:
unvote
Cool it, kiddos. I don't want a lynch on the first day. I want more time to think. If nothing else, get a roleclaim out of him before you kill. (and frankly, I think it's too soon for that as well)

It's not that Deepthought hasn't done alot to make me suspicious, but this is moving way too fast.
Here you are calling for a calm, reasoned discussion before lynching deepthought, but when it comes to liamcool you want to rush right into the kill. Your approach to liam is very different from your approach to DT. Why the inconsistency? Also, it's interesting to note your wording in the last sentence.
Thanatos wrote:Therefore, if the cucensous is to let DT
live the night
, I propose we kill Liam.
I've underlined the part that interests me. Why are you thinking about who to let live through the night? While I'm pretty certain you meant "live through the day" and merely made a typo, I'm not willing to entirely discount the possibility you slipped up. I'd like to hear your answer to this and the reasoning behind your call for liamcool's lynch. Until then IGMEOY.
charter wrote:I don't really think that liamcool's post you quoted HeH really constitutes mentioning
I disagree. The entire first paragraph discusses why he finds DT suspicious, although he is only reiterating other peoples' arguments. He concludes the post by casting an FoS on DT. liamcool has certainly done some suspicious things, but voting for DT without previously mentioning him (as Infinitive suggests) isn't one of them.
HeH makes good points versus Thanatos.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Thanatos »

You think I had reason to kill Hang 'em High becuase he Voted on my predecessor, who ended up replaced, becuase she was lurking?

FOS
for obviously flawed reasoning.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:16 pm

I just gave a PBPA and you FOS me for quoting the words of a dead townie? I think your reasoning is flawed. Here's a vote to pressure you into more information.

Vote: Thanatos

Now watch as DLS rushes to defend him in her next post.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:17 pm

Also,
request prod on DLS
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Disciple Slayer wrote:I just gave a PBPA and you FOS me for quoting the words of a dead townie? I think your reasoning is flawed. Here's a vote to pressure you into more information.

Vote: Thanatos

Now watch as DLS rushes to defend him in her next post.
I FOS'd you because you, when looking for people to link to the murder of HeH, pull 2 different (the 3rd came after I had begun posting, and I need to check up to see my reasponce) examples of him pointing to me, both of which are for reasons which have absolutely nothing to do with me whatsoever. Frankly, I think that looks like your trying to build a case on someone whose under scrutiny, built on logic that's obviously faulty, and I FOS'd you to get you to admit that.

Or do you really think those two things would have given me reason to kill HeH?

(I'm not talking about the third because it came after I began posting)
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:32 pm

Dude, I just went through HeH's game posts. It's his points, just wanted to make sure people read them. Was going to post a PBPA of SK/Insurgent, but there wasn't much to go on from there, since they people they suspected were already suspects of HeH. Your reaction to quoted game posts from a dead vanilla townie (and a good one, at that) before I even said anything of my own about you is noted.
Thanatos wrote:Or do you really think those two things would have given me reason to kill HeH?
I hate WIFOM so much it's not even funny.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:35 pm

Post a good reply to my third and longest HeH quote and I might unvote you if you convince me. My vote was initially a pressure vote, but gut instinct tells me your reaction smells rather odd.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Disciple Slayer wrote:Dude, I just went through HeH's game posts. It's his points, just wanted to make sure people read them. Was going to post a PBPA of SK/Insurgent, but there wasn't much to go on from there, since they people they suspected were already suspects of HeH. Your reaction to quoted game posts from a dead vanilla townie (and a good one, at that) before I even said anything of my own about you is noted.
Thanatos wrote:Or do you really think those two things would have given me reason to kill HeH?
I hate WIFOM so much it's not even funny.
That's not WIFOM. WIFOM is basing an arguement on "well, would I have done it if I was scum? No. Well then I obviously can't be scum."

What I was saying was that you were running an analysis of HeH for people he suspected, and pointed me out twice on things which obviously had no merit. I may have overreacted twaord how much I thought you were emphizizing it's importance, but my point remains. All I want, for the moment, is for you to admit that those first two posts say nothing. That was what the FOS was for.

However, you're right on one thing, I haven't looked through the 3rd post. Let me shower and stuff and I'll post something.
VampyreLord
VampyreLord
Townie
VampyreLord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:52 pm

Post by VampyreLord »

charter wrote:102- Finds a post of DLS's scummy. Now that I reread it, even though it's meant to be a sarcastic post, it could be made out to look like a joke, anyhow, I find it HIGHLY scummy as well. She thinks in 101 that HeH and DT are scum buddies. Who got lynched yesterday? Who got killed last night? Quite the remarkable coincidence to me.

If she had remembered that she wouldn't have killed either of them.......

PLUS that wasn't even real suspicion.

Note the:
DLS wrote:If only things were that simple.....
Ok, so what's the speed of dark?

Extreme problem posting on each second week, figure out when that is for yourself.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

Disciple Slayer wrote:Also,
request prod on DLS
She has posted recently.
Political Correctness offends me.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:44 pm

Post by charter »

Infinitive wrote:Beg pardon, Charter, i just want a little clarification, because I'm not sure if I need to explain myself or not.
Around 430 when infinitive votes for liamcool, I think he liamcool thought that DT wasnt actually going to end up lynched, and he switched right over to liamcool when he even admitted to not finiding liamcool very suspicious. He just wanted to be on the next bandwagon early enough so as to avoid suspicion.
Are you saying that I switched over to the next bandwagon or Liamcool did? Meh, regardless, I might as well explain myself, even though I'm pretty my vote post did that pretty well.
Hmmm, now that I go back and reread around 430, I can't find where infinitive voted for liamcool at all. I was basing it off of DTs post 431 and infinitives 429 where I guess I just infered it from infinitive's saying he's 90% sure DT is scum and I must of assumed this meant he would be voting for DT.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:55 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Ah. The shower calmed me down alot, since I was getting irritated. After cleaning up, I went back to page 10 of this game, and looked up that post by HeH, and found, surprise surprise, that it ended quite amiability. However, before we get into that, I feel that, the way I presented things was unfair, both to myself and DS, so I would like to clarify.

When I came on, I saw you say that you were going to go through a list of suspects in connection the HeH's untimely passing. I admit, I did not go through your posts very carefully, and most likely, I put more emphesis on your own opinions than you had meant. I took your mentioning me twice as your attempt to build a case against me. If this was not the case, I apologize.

Now, I FOSed you while I was on this assumption. Now, from the two posts you had made BEFORE I began writing my reasponce, they were HeH FoSing and Voting SK, based on her Lurking. I, clearly, have never lurked in this game. I read that as you presenting reasons why I would want to kill HeH due to him suspecting me, for reasons which were so obviously flawed, I thought it warrented an FoS. Is that, at least, a good enough explination for that.

As for the third post from HeH, I am rather stricken by the fact that you failed to post the fact that I had a rather long response to HeHs questioning, to which he responded
O.K., I like Thanatos' explanation for the most part. Post 225 was yucky, but I think his follow-up was reasonable. I'm not sure I would go so far as to assert DT and liam are scumbuddies, however. It's certainly possible, but I think the links are fairly weak. Much of his case against liamcool is based on the assumption deepthroat is scum and I'm always wary of suspecting someone because they might be linked to someone who might be scum -- that's too many "mights" for my taste.
In other words, the best evidence you can find for why I might have wanted to kill him (Ignoring, of course, that he was fairly obviously pro-town, which holds true no matter who the scum are) was a post where he questions me, and then finds my response satisfactory? A fact which you ignore in your arguements?

Frankly, I think your pushing something that you know is wrong. I don't know if I'm going to stick to this, but
Vote:DS
For putting up a baseless arguement, ignoring facts that contradict him, and pushing it harder when arguement is put up against it.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:43 pm

Thanatos wrote:Ah. The shower calmed me down alot, since I was getting irritated. After cleaning up, I went back to page 10 of this game, and looked up that post by HeH, and found, surprise surprise, that it ended quite amiability. However, before we get into that, I feel that, the way I presented things was unfair, both to myself and DS, so I would like to clarify.

When I came on, I saw you say that you were going to go through a list of suspects in connection the HeH's untimely passing. I admit, I did not go through your posts very carefully, and most likely, I put more emphesis on your own opinions than you had meant. I took your mentioning me twice as your attempt to build a case against me. If this was not the case, I apologize.

Now, I FOSed you while I was on this assumption. Now, from the two posts you had made BEFORE I began writing my reasponce, they were HeH FoSing and Voting SK, based on her Lurking. I, clearly, have never lurked in this game. I read that as you presenting reasons why I would want to kill HeH due to him suspecting me, for reasons which were so obviously flawed, I thought it warrented an FoS. Is that, at least, a good enough explination for that.

As for the third post from HeH, I am rather stricken by the fact that you failed to post the fact that I had a rather long response to HeHs questioning, to which he responded
O.K., I like Thanatos' explanation for the most part. Post 225 was yucky, but I think his follow-up was reasonable. I'm not sure I would go so far as to assert DT and liam are scumbuddies, however. It's certainly possible, but I think the links are fairly weak. Much of his case against liamcool is based on the assumption deepthroat is scum and I'm always wary of suspecting someone because they might be linked to someone who might be scum -- that's too many "mights" for my taste.
In other words, the best evidence you can find for why I might have wanted to kill him (Ignoring, of course, that he was fairly obviously pro-town, which holds true no matter who the scum are) was a post where he questions me, and then finds my response satisfactory? A fact which you ignore in your arguements?

Frankly, I think your pushing something that you know is wrong. I don't know if I'm going to stick to this, but
Vote:DS
For putting up a baseless arguement, ignoring facts that contradict him, and pushing it harder when arguement is put up against it.
Mentioned you multiple times because HeH mentioned you in his votes and FOSs multiple times. I'm making a list of all the people he's voted for and FOS'd (got his posts from his profile) and you seem to have overreacted dramatically. You didn't really have much evidence against you until you responded to my list with an immediate FOS for contributing to the town. Being over-defensive = scum tell imo

That's why my vote stays on you. This is why I play the way I do. Scum tend to slip up. My vote's probably not going to move unless some really incriminating evidence comes along.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:27 pm

Post by Thanatos »

I admit I over reacted. But I only did it, at first at least, because I misunderstood what it was exactly what you were doing. I thought you were building a case on crap-info.

If we can agree on that premise, I'm content.
VampyreLord
VampyreLord
Townie
VampyreLord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:32 am

Post by VampyreLord »

Probably wont be posting for about a week. Am at me Dad's.

Extreme problem posting on each second week, figure out when that is for yourself.
VampyreLord
VampyreLord
Townie
VampyreLord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:45 am

Post by VampyreLord »

Mod: are the votes reset?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”