Micro 651: Worst (Role) Idea(s) Mafia 2 (Fin - Town Win!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Skrub »

In post 274, Jaack wrote:
In post 271, Skrub wrote: You could argue that you refusing to even attempt to give me the benefit of the doubt and pushing me for weak reasons could be scum motivated. Looks like there's no Pulitzer in your future.
I've given your case consideration and come to the conclusion that you are scum.

I don't know why you're making a huge deal out of my scum read on you when vax and light both are voting you and vedith has suspicion of you as well.

I also think you misunderstand. The pulitzer has already been awarded.
Out of those 2, you're the only one that i have a town read on. Vax is obvscum and light is null. Why wouldn't I try to change your mind about mislynching me?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Davsto »

Prodding light_ganski

VC 2.2
Skrub (1): light_ganski
Vaxkiller (1): Skrub

Not Voting (4): Aristophanes, Jaack, Vaxkiller, Vedith

With 6 alive, it is 4 to lynch. Deadline in (expired on 2016-11-01 20:45:00).
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:51 am

Post by light_ganski »

Firstly, really sorry I haven't checked in the last two days, kinda got snowed under with work for my A-levels.

Secondly, let's analyse Skrub, and why I want him dead:
In post 148, Skrub wrote:
In post 146, Jaack wrote:On the one hand, some people make good points in favor of lynching tiershift. On the other hand some people make good points against lynching tiershift. Therefore, I will go with whatever the popular opinion as expressed in the thread is. But whatever the result is, don't blame me. But I think the best choice is to lynch tiershift afther we discuss things that aren't tiershift for a while.
This kind of sounds like the mindset of scum, but scum wouldn't have any reason to announce that they'll just vote for whoever everyone else votes for. So I guess I have a town lean on you right now.
So this looks scum, so it isn't scum? Was there any point in saying it other than trying to look busy? And if it sounds like a scum mindset to you why does it leave you thinking 'town-lean'?
In post 162, Skrub wrote: How is that calling him out if I said that he's a town lean?
Again, why give someone a town read for a post you think shows a scum mindset? Is it because he's solidly townread by pretty much everyone else?
In post 171, Skrub wrote:I still don't get why people support a tier lynch
Literally gives no indication of this changing before he hammers tier whatsoever. How do you go from 'no reasons to support a wagon' to hammering without expressing some sort of view on the guy?

Already gone over his weak-ass case on me
In post 217, Skrub wrote:VOTE: tiershift

Thanks for bussing your buddy, light.
In post 221, Skrub wrote:Oh shit, I thought he was at L-2. Eh, doesn't really matter because he's scum anyway.
Even without any other reason to vote him, in my opinion these two posts in quick succession effectively confirm Skrub as scum. Judging by the comment skrub must've known he was hammering, I can see no reason for him to feel the need to make it if he wasn't (a) gloating town who thinks he's just killed scum or (b) scum trying to look like (a). Either way, it makes it obvious he knew he was hammering. There is no way in hell he genuinely thought it was L-2 and to walk back on that in his very next post is an obvious lie. This is so scummy it hurts
In post 229, Skrub wrote:I think Vax is scum. He hasn't tried to figure out the game at all and his posts don't give me the impression that he cares about finding scum.

VOTE: vaxkiller

Light, come at me bruh. I can take anything you can dish out and in the end you'll just look silly.
So you end day one insisting I'm scum then go after vax at the start of day two? Why not vote your longer-held scum read?
In post 234, Skrub wrote:
In post 232, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 231, Skrub wrote:Wow, an OMGUS vote. That's like straight out of the Scum 101 handbook.
Please,

I'll let you know when its OMGUS. Also since when are OMGUS votes alignment indicative?
It's indicative when you back up your OMGUS with ridiculously weak reasoning.
Not weak reasoning. It's obvious you knew you were hammering.
In post 241, Skrub wrote:You're just making me repeat myself over and over again. Yeah, it's true that I didn't think we should lynch him for most of day 1. Then I noticed how light was acting suspicious of him but not really doing anything with that suspicion and it felt off to me so I voted for tier.
In post 243, Skrub wrote:It's 100% the truth though. I don't know why you're asking me to explain myself if you're just going to brush aside what I'm saying and not even try to listen to me
In post 245, Skrub wrote:It's the truth, therefore it adds up. It doesn't matter if you believe me or not, the fact still remains that I haven't lied about anything. Instead of wasting everyone's time by just saying "no, you're scum" any time I post anything, you should focus your attention on the people who are actually suspicious like vax.
Misdirection, misdirection, misdirection. At this point you've given no reason why you jumped straight from town-read to hammer
without at least stating your read had changed
. I honestly cannot believe that if you genuinely scum-read me with tier you'd hammer without saying anything abut how your read on him had changed.
In post 257, Skrub wrote:I know that this sounds really convenient, but I was writing out a post about why I thought tier and light were partners and then the day ended right before I could post it
Yes, it sounds highly convenient. Do me a favour, if you did think this could you outline what you would've said, just so everyone can get their heads round your though process?

And couldn't you have done this
before
you voted?
In post 261, Skrub wrote: If I was scum how would sheeping everyone else make me get caught? Most of the time people barely even bother with analyzing wagons after a mislynch, so it's pretty safe to just sheep what everyone else is doing.
As an aside, I genuinely don't see how this post benefits any alignment :neutral:
In post 270, Skrub wrote: You're not gonna get town cred from protecting a 3rd party even if they help us. That's a dumb argument. Changing my mind isn't scummy. You can't cast shade as much as you want, but it doesn't change the fact nothing I did was inherently scummy.
In post 271, Skrub wrote: You could argue that you refusing to even attempt to give me the benefit of the doubt and pushing me for weak reasons could be scum motivated. Looks like there's no Pulitzer in your future.
This is nothing more than gish gallop tbh
In post 275, Skrub wrote: Out of those 2, you're the only one that i have a town read on. Vax is obvscum and light is null. Why wouldn't I try to change your mind about mislynching me?
So I'm null now am I? Please explain in more detail than 'I thought you were tier's partner' because that wasn't why you scum read me when you cased me on day one.
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:54 am

Post by light_ganski »

In post 249, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 247, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 233, Aristophanes wrote:Accidental hammers happen from all alignments.
Accidents happen. This was an "Accident"
I understand your disapproving tone. I do not, however, agree.
Except I don't see how anyone could think that was an accident?

VOTE: Skrub I keep forgetting my restriction
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Skrub »

In post 277, light_ganski wrote:Firstly, really sorry I haven't checked in the last two days, kinda got snowed under with work for my A-levels.

Secondly, let's analyse Skrub, and why I want him dead:
In post 148, Skrub wrote:
In post 146, Jaack wrote:On the one hand, some people make good points in favor of lynching tiershift. On the other hand some people make good points against lynching tiershift. Therefore, I will go with whatever the popular opinion as expressed in the thread is. But whatever the result is, don't blame me. But I think the best choice is to lynch tiershift afther we discuss things that aren't tiershift for a while.
This kind of sounds like the mindset of scum, but scum wouldn't have any reason to announce that they'll just vote for whoever everyone else votes for. So I guess I have a town lean on you right now.
So this looks scum, so it isn't scum? Was there any point in saying it other than trying to look busy? And if it sounds like a scum mindset to you why does it leave you thinking 'town-lean'?
In post 162, Skrub wrote: How is that calling him out if I said that he's a town lean?
Again, why give someone a town read for a post you think shows a scum mindset? Is it because he's solidly townread by pretty much everyone else?
He wasn't solidly townread then. And like I said it didn't make sense for scum to announce that they were just going to follow the popular vote. How is that "just looking busy"

In post 171, Skrub wrote:I still don't get why people support a tier lynch
Literally gives no indication of this changing before he hammers tier whatsoever. How do you go from 'no reasons to support a wagon' to hammering without expressing some sort of view on the guy?

Already gone over his weak-ass case on me
i don't control when I have realizations about stuff. Guess what? You can believe something one minute and then believe something completely different a few minutes later. What an amazing concept!

In post 217, Skrub wrote:VOTE: tiershift

Thanks for bussing your buddy, light.
In post 221, Skrub wrote:Oh shit, I thought he was at L-2. Eh, doesn't really matter because he's scum anyway.
Even without any other reason to vote him, in my opinion these two posts in quick succession effectively confirm Skrub as scum. Judging by the comment skrub must've known he was hammering, I can see no reason for him to feel the need to make it if he wasn't (a) gloating town who thinks he's just killed scum or (b) scum trying to look like (a). Either way, it makes it obvious he knew he was hammering. There is no way in hell he genuinely thought it was L-2 and to walk back on that in his very next post is an obvious lie. This is so scummy it hurts
Literally everything you just said right here sounds nonsensical. Why wouldn't you make a post like this if you accidentally hammered? How does that make it obvious that I knew beforehand that it was a hammer? You're basically just saying over and over again "there's no way he didn't know that it was a hammer because it's obviously scummy because he obviously one it was a hammer so that makes it scummy". It's dumb and nothing you've said suggests that I knew it wasn't l-2.

In post 229, Skrub wrote:I think Vax is scum. He hasn't tried to figure out the game at all and his posts don't give me the impression that he cares about finding scum.

VOTE: vaxkiller

Light, come at me bruh. I can take anything you can dish out and in the end you'll just look silly.
So you end day one insisting I'm scum then go after vax at the start of day two? Why not vote your longer-held scum read?
because I didn't scumread you anymore. Duh.

In post 234, Skrub wrote:
In post 232, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 231, Skrub wrote:Wow, an OMGUS vote. That's like straight out of the Scum 101 handbook.
Please,

I'll let you know when its OMGUS. Also since when are OMGUS votes alignment indicative?
It's indicative when you back up your OMGUS with ridiculously weak reasoning.
Not weak reasoning. It's obvious you knew you were hammering.
Its weaker than Leafy's chin. I didn't know shit

In post 241, Skrub wrote:You're just making me repeat myself over and over again. Yeah, it's true that I didn't think we should lynch him for most of day 1. Then I noticed how light was acting suspicious of him but not really doing anything with that suspicion and it felt off to me so I voted for tier.
In post 243, Skrub wrote:It's 100% the truth though. I don't know why you're asking me to explain myself if you're just going to brush aside what I'm saying and not even try to listen to me
In post 245, Skrub wrote:It's the truth, therefore it adds up. It doesn't matter if you believe me or not, the fact still remains that I haven't lied about anything. Instead of wasting everyone's time by just saying "no, you're scum" any time I post anything, you should focus your attention on the people who are actually suspicious like vax.
Misdirection, misdirection, misdirection. At this point you've given no reason why you jumped straight from town-read to hammer
without at least stating your read had changed
. I honestly cannot believe that if you genuinely scum-read me with tier you'd hammer without saying anything abut how your read on him had changed.
aparently you don't know what the word misdirection means. And I didn't know it was hammer. I already said that before.

In post 257, Skrub wrote:I know that this sounds really convenient, but I was writing out a post about why I thought tier and light were partners and then the day ended right before I could post it
Yes, it sounds highly convenient. Do me a favour, if you did think this could you outline what you would've said, just so everyone can get their heads round your though process?

And couldn't you have done this
before
you voted?
i didn't expect the thread to close 5 minutes after I voted for him. I didn't even know that it was a hammer at first so I thought that I had a lot of time to talk about it

In post 261, Skrub wrote: If I was scum how would sheeping everyone else make me get caught? Most of the time people barely even bother with analyzing wagons after a mislynch, so it's pretty safe to just sheep what everyone else is doing.
As an aside, I genuinely don't see how this post benefits any alignment :neutral:
Maybe learn reading comprehension then? If I was scum why wouldn't I take the safe easy option instead of defending him and not getting any benefits whatsoever? He said that following everyone else would get me caught if I was scum and I was saying that he was wrong

In post 270, Skrub wrote: You're not gonna get town cred from protecting a 3rd party even if they help us. That's a dumb argument. Changing my mind isn't scummy. You can't cast shade as much as you want, but it doesn't change the fact nothing I did was inherently scummy.
This is nothing more than gish gallop tbh
no idea what that means

In post 275, Skrub wrote: Out of those 2, you're the only one that i have a town read on. Vax is obvscum and light is null. Why wouldn't I try to change your mind about mislynching me?
So I'm null now am I? Please explain in more detail than 'I thought you were tier's partner' because that wasn't why you scum read me when you cased me on day one.
thats why I scumread you though. You were talking about how suspicious the third parties were yet you didn't push them at all. Both of them have already flipped and aren't part of a faction, so you can't be either of their partners. But I don't like your general lack of effort (up until this point). So the end result is that you're null
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:58 pm

Post by Vedith »

I'll get to stuff this weekend.
Been a busy week
I claim scum \o/
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by Davsto »

Aristophanes has been prodded.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by Vedith »

Only scum lurk. Known fact.
Ari = scum.
I claim scum \o/
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:00 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I'm not sure what to think about you anymore Vedith. I'm pretty sure I've heard you contradict your self here compared to other games.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I could have sworn I'd posted...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 283, Vaxkiller wrote:I'm not sure what to think about you anymore Vedith. I'm pretty sure I've heard you contradict your self here compared to other games.
I don't understand you here. Do you think that I contradict myself in other games or no?
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 284, Aristophanes wrote:I could have sworn I'd posted...
You still can!
I claim scum \o/
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 285, Vedith wrote:
In post 283, Vaxkiller wrote:I'm not sure what to think about you anymore Vedith. I'm pretty sure I've heard you contradict your self here compared to other games.
I don't understand you here. Do you think that I contradict myself in other games or no?
I could have sworn you said in another match I played with you that low post count/lurking is not alignment indicative. That said I can't find it.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Vedith »

I'm pretty sure I said ito in our newbie game.
However, my comment on Ari was an obvious joke.
I claim scum \o/
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Joke
:) <-----------My Head
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Skrub »

None of you find it odd that vax contributed basically nothing useful on day 1 but now he's happy to jump all over my wagon?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 286, Vedith wrote:
You still can!
I will! :)
Skrub wrote:None of you find it odd that vax contributed basically nothing useful on day 1 but now he's happy to jump all over my wagon?
Nope. Should I?
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Skrub »

In post 291, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 286, Vedith wrote:
You still can!
I will! :)
Skrub wrote:None of you find it odd that vax contributed basically nothing useful on day 1 but now he's happy to jump all over my wagon?
Nope. Should I?
Yeah. He wasn't doing anything at all until a perfect mislynch opportunity fell into his lap
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

But D1 was just a clusterfuck of Tier-based conversation. There wasn't much to do.
- Jingle
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Skrub »

He didn't join in the conversation though. He only made one post about tier
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 294, Skrub wrote:He didn't join in the conversation though. He only made one post about tier
I'll read back. Don't honestly remember.
- Jingle
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:27 am

Post by light_ganski »

In post 227, Jaack wrote: Since we have two unaligned non-towns flipped and a confirmed serial killer lurking the following are possibilities:

4 town, 1 sk, 1 other thing that needs rope
5 town, 1 sk
Some bs where there is no sk but there's a role that announces the existence of a sk for the lols.

No analysis in this post, just some information.
Was re-reading and I saw this post, surely option two would mean there is no mafia team? Am I wrong in thinking there has to be a mafia team in order for scum hunting/associative tells to be relevant?
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:08 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 296, light_ganski wrote:Was re-reading and I saw this post, surely option two would mean there is no mafia team? Am I wrong in thinking there has to be a mafia team in order for scum hunting/associative tells to be relevant?
Associative tells definitely, but I often call 3rd party ppl scum as well.

@light, was jaack looking for associative tells?
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Jaack »

In post 296, light_ganski wrote:
In post 227, Jaack wrote: Since we have two unaligned non-towns flipped and a confirmed serial killer lurking the following are possibilities:

4 town, 1 sk, 1 other thing that needs rope
5 town, 1 sk
Some bs where there is no sk but there's a role that announces the existence of a sk for the lols.

No analysis in this post, just some information.
Was re-reading and I saw this post, surely option two would mean there is no mafia team? Am I wrong in thinking there has to be a mafia team in order for scum hunting/associative tells to be relevant?
You can scum-hunt for third parties since they do anti-town things just like scum. You can't look for partner tells, but that's pretty irrelevant since none of the flipped scum have partners.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:03 am

Post by Skrub »

I'll be able to post tonight

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”