Micro 651: Worst (Role) Idea(s) Mafia 2 (Fin - Town Win!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by Davsto »

VC 2.1
Skrub (1): light_ganski
Vaxkiller (1): Skrub

Not Voting (4): Aristophanes, Jaack, Vaxkiller, Vedith

With 6 alive, it is 4 to lynch. Deadline in (expired on 2016-11-01 20:45:00).
Last edited by Davsto on Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:08 pm

Post by Vedith »

@Ari - Why do you think that the hammer was an accident?

So we have to consider 2 killing powers tonight.
If this is the case, a mistake lynch is 3 town going in with the possibility of 2 deaths.

This is the thing with Skrub. As scum/sk he gains nothing by wanting to keep Tier alive, not even town cred. The focus on Skrub just seems easy.
If he was scum he would have been all over the Tier lynch from the start.
If he was sk he would have taken the lynch just to take the idea of him being sk away.
I don't think that he should be lynched on the Tier voting reason.

Jaack seems overly confident that I'm town here. I could have asked the mod of a standard wincon before hand so this worries me but apart from that I get town solid plays.

Work time - more on this later
I claim scum \o/
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:35 pm

Post by Skrub »

In post 246, Vaxkiller wrote:Could your misdirection be any more obvious? Your case on light was not good at all, it looked like someone who was scrambling to find something where there was nothing.

I actually agree with you about light on some aspects, but all of those aspects are playstyle or odd comments and to me weren't alignment indicative. (I had no idea where he was going when he asked the 3rd party people to stop revealing, if the rest of the SK's want to show themselves, go for it.)
What misdirection? So you wouldn't think it was weird if someone was saying not to trust a player and then didn't interact with or push for the lynch of the person they said was untrustworthy? How could you be sure that was just playstyle stuff and not scum stuff?
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by Skrub »

In post 248, Jaack wrote:
In post 245, Skrub wrote:It's the truth, therefore it adds up. It doesn't matter if you believe me or not, the fact still remains that I haven't lied about anything. Instead of wasting everyone's time by just saying "no, you're scum" any time I post anything, you should focus your attention on the people who are actually suspicious like vax.
I'm not just saying 'no your scum'. I pointed out the inconsistencies in your play. Just because you claim your explainations are true does not make them so.

Furthermore, I'm not interested in pursuing vax at this time. You are my top priority. If you want to make a case on vax, I'm willing to read and evaluate, but it's not my job to focus on who you say look's scummy.
You didn't point out any inconsistencies. You said that I defended tier earlier on and voted him at the end of the day so I must be scum. The way you act makes it seem as if you don't have static reads then you're scum. It doesn't make sense. I know that you're saying that you don't believe the reasons I gave for changing my mind about him, but you haven't really given me a chance at all throughout the game. Like originally you voted me because I said I wasn't sure who to vote. It feels like you're looking for any excuse to vote for me.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:18 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 252, Skrub wrote:What misdirection?
I bolded the part that was blatant:
In post 245, Skrub wrote:It's the truth, therefore it adds up. It doesn't matter if you believe me or not, the fact still remains that I haven't lied about anything. Instead of wasting everyone's time by just saying "no, you're scum" any time I post anything,
you should focus your attention on the people who are actually suspicious like vax.
No reasons. You are basically saying, don't vote for me... vote for this guy!
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Skrub »

You're acting as if this wasn't my first posts today
In post 229, Skrub wrote:I think Vax is scum. He hasn't tried to figure out the game at all and his posts don't give me the impression that he cares about finding scum.

VOTE: vaxkiller

Light, come at me bruh. I can take anything you can dish out and in the end you'll just look silly.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:47 am

Post by Jaack »

In post 253, Skrub wrote: You didn't point out any inconsistencies. You said that I defended tier earlier on and voted him at the end of the day so I must be scum. The way you act makes it seem as if you don't have static reads then you're scum. It doesn't make sense. I know that you're saying that you don't believe the reasons I gave for changing my mind about him, but you haven't really given me a chance at all throughout the game. Like originally you voted me because I said I wasn't sure who to vote. It feels like you're looking for any excuse to vote for me.
The inconsistency isn't because you voted tier at the end of the day. The issue is that you claim that your suspicion of light D1 was due to her connections to tier. Here is the order of event I see.

1. You re-affirm your belief that tier is not a worthy lynch choice in .
2. You vote light and make your case against light alone in and . While you do allude to a connection to tier in your light case, you spend more time on light's connections with maruchan. There is very little to indicate your reading of tier has shifted.
3. Until you hammer, you don't do anything to indicate your reading of tier has changed.
4. At the beginning of today you claim you thought that tier and light were partners in .

Your play at the end of D1 does not convince me of the reasons you've given for it D2. However, your reason you give both excuse you for your sudden shift on tier and subsequent quickhammer and also to allow you to abandon your light case that was going nowhere.

I think if your reads on tier and light had actually been what you claim them to have been, you would have indicated the connection D1.

All in all, this is one big mess of WIFlailingAtE<InsertBuzzwordHere>.
In post 251, Vedith wrote: This is the thing with Skrub. As scum/sk he gains nothing by wanting to keep Tier alive, not even town cred. The focus on Skrub just seems easy.
If he was scum he would have been all over the Tier lynch from the start.
If he was sk he would have taken the lynch just to take the idea of him being sk away.
I don't think that he should be lynched on the Tier voting reason.
But what if skrub wants us to believe that no SK would ever go against a lynch of a player who wanted to team up with them because he is in fact the SK? But what if you're the SK trying to make us believe that no sk would avoid the tier wagon so that way no one points at you as a possible sk because you included yourself in the pool of sk candidates? But what if I'm the SK trying to muddy up the waters as to who is the SK? But what if tier himself was the SK trying to make us believe that wasn't. But what if Davsto is the SK, trying to make us believe that one of us is in fact the SK?

Makes you think. Except I can't be the SK because I'm obvconftown and the nks don't make any sense from me as a sk, obviously.

Other than that, I do agree that this Skrub lynch might be coming together a little too easily. At the same time, if there are two scum remaining, it doesn't appear that they are in cahoots. If there are two scum remaining, the non-Skrub scum would have clear incentive to go after Skrub whether he was scum or town. That probably excludes ari as a candidate for scum for the time being.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Skrub »

I know that this sounds really convenient, but I was writing out a post about why I thought tier and light were partners and then the day ended right before I could post it
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Jaack »

In post 257, Skrub wrote:I know that this sounds really convenient, but I was writing out a post about why I thought tier and light were partners and then the day ended right before I could post it
I might be more willing to believe this if you hadn't been the one to end the day...
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 251, Vedith wrote:This is the thing with Skrub. As scum/sk he gains nothing by wanting to keep Tier alive, not even town cred. The focus on Skrub just seems easy.
How does he not get town cred for wanting to keep him alive? If we are dealing with all SK's (as Jaaack suggests) then no one will know each others alignment and SK!Skrub might have thought he was protecting a townie for town cred. Or maybe he didn't want to sheep along with everyone else and get caught that way.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:24 am

Post by Vedith »

But Tier confirmed that he wasn't town... Where would the town cred be for not lynching a confirmed non town?
I claim scum \o/
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:26 am

Post by Skrub »

In post 259, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 251, Vedith wrote:This is the thing with Skrub. As scum/sk he gains nothing by wanting to keep Tier alive, not even town cred. The focus on Skrub just seems easy.
How does he not get town cred for wanting to keep him alive? If we are dealing with all SK's (as Jaaack suggests) then no one will know each others alignment and SK!Skrub might have thought he was protecting a townie for town cred. Or maybe he didn't want to sheep along with everyone else and get caught that way.
If I was scum how would sheeping everyone else make me get caught? Most of the time people barely even bother with analyzing wagons after a mislynch, so it's pretty safe to just sheep what everyone else is doing.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Skrub »

In post 258, Jaack wrote:
In post 257, Skrub wrote:I know that this sounds really convenient, but I was writing out a post about why I thought tier and light were partners and then the day ended right before I could post it
I might be more willing to believe this if you hadn't been the one to end the day...
That's fair
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 260, Vedith wrote:But Tier confirmed that he wasn't town... Where would the town cred be for not lynching a confirmed non town?
True, but it wasn't confirmed. He kept saying he COULD win with town. Here is Skrubs thoughts on that subject:

In post 155, Skrub wrote:But if he's anti-town then he wouldn't have felt the need to tell us any of this stuff in the first place

Personally I didn't trust tier, because I would say the same thing!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Vedith »

I don't get your point. There's a difference to Tier playing anti town and not being town.
When someone says "I'm neutral" that confirms that they are not town. There was absolutely no town cred to be gained on lynching Tier.
I claim scum \o/
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:24 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I think I need to explain it differently.

SK!Skrub thought tier may actually help town today if he lived, getting him town cred. The only problem with this is I struggled with the same feelings. The only difference being his 180° "accidental" hammer. Which is a move straight out of Tony Hawk Pro Skummer 2.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:57 am

Post by Jaack »

Sorry for actively lurking so much, but the general state of the game was beneficial to my liking and I do not wish for it to change so I'm making a purely fluff post so that way people will see I am here and hopefully add more commentary and put their necks out on the line.

That being said, I'm going to make sure that this post is relatively long and contains a bit of content so as to not get accused of fluff posting.

Confirming that all my reads are still the same.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 266, Jaack wrote:Sorry for actively lurking so much, but the general state of the game was beneficial to my liking and I do not wish for it to change so I'm making a purely fluff post so that way people will see I am here and hopefully add more commentary and put their necks out on the line.

That being said, I'm going to make sure that this post is relatively long and contains a bit of content so as to not get accused of fluff posting.

Confirming that all my reads are still the same.
Weird post. You went from town to "maybe townish"

Who are you voting for? What about the game at the moment do you like so much? The inactivity??? Because no one seems to be saying anything :(.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Jaack »

While I am not currently voting for Skrub, you can count my vote there for the time being. I like the fact that Skrub is the most likely lynch. I really have nothing else that I feel the need to bring up right now. If you wanna talk about something other than Skrub, then find something worht talking about, but I got nothing.

That being said, I am the alpha and omega of towniness, and if you can find one lick of scum motivation from my posts it will be the greatest historical discovery since the Rosetta Stone. I'm so town, Thornton Wilder won a Pulitzer Prize for writing a play about my performance in this game.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Ever hear of the too town fallacy? You will need to keep posting if you want that Pulitzer.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Skrub »

In post 265, Vaxkiller wrote:I think I need to explain it differently.

SK!Skrub thought tier may actually help town today if he lived, getting him town cred. The only problem with this is I struggled with the same feelings. The only difference being his 180° "accidental" hammer. Which is a move straight out of Tony Hawk Pro Skummer 2.
You're not gonna get town cred from protecting a 3rd party even if they help us. That's a dumb argument. Changing my mind isn't scummy. You can't cast shade as much as you want, but it doesn't change the fact nothing I did was inherently scummy.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Skrub »

In post 268, Jaack wrote:While I am not currently voting for Skrub, you can count my vote there for the time being. I like the fact that Skrub is the most likely lynch. I really have nothing else that I feel the need to bring up right now. If you wanna talk about something other than Skrub, then find something worht talking about, but I got nothing.

That being said, I am the alpha and omega of towniness, and if you can find one lick of scum motivation from my posts it will be the greatest historical discovery since the Rosetta Stone. I'm so town, Thornton Wilder won a Pulitzer Prize for writing a play about my performance in this game.
You could argue that you refusing to even attempt to give me the benefit of the doubt and pushing me for weak reasons could be scum motivated. Looks like there's no Pulitzer in your future.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Skrub »

It's pretty obvious that Vax is buddying you. Like I have no idea how you could not notice it.
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Skrub »

Nvm, forget that last part. I didn't see when vax downgraded his townread. Both of you double teaming me made it feel like buddying because Vax is scum.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Jaack »

In post 271, Skrub wrote: You could argue that you refusing to even attempt to give me the benefit of the doubt and pushing me for weak reasons could be scum motivated. Looks like there's no Pulitzer in your future.
I've given your case consideration and come to the conclusion that you are scum.

I don't know why you're making a huge deal out of my scum read on you when vax and light both are voting you and vedith has suspicion of you as well.

I also think you misunderstand. The pulitzer has already been awarded.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”