Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Thok »

You are Yosarian2

Whenever you make a post, a random player will be sent a PM requiring them to agree with your arguments, and to copy any votes in your post.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:37 am

Post by Andycyca »

Yos is protown role?
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Thok »

Andycyca wrote:Yos is protown role?
I decided to make that ambivalent, as I hadn't decided what would make it the most bastardly. I'm actually leaning towards Yos2 being a survivor.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Brother Fingers
Brother Fingers
Townie
Brother Fingers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Brother Fingers »

You are
Richard Stallman
and thus know everyone's roles. Unfortunatly, you must post in Ook! or a varient thereof.
[url=http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/regular_expressions.png]/(.+)?/[/url]
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Peers »

You are
Bizarro #1
. You no am hunting scum. You no want to save town. You am not able to... screw it, I can't do this. You cannot cast votes yourself, however, you have the ability to unvote for other people. When you unvote for someone, their vote will no longer be counted in the vote summary until you unvote someone else. You also must post in Bizarro-speak, or you lose this ability (but still cannot vote). You am lose when scum is inlettered by town.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:20 am

Post by Thok »

Brother Fingers wrote:You are
Richard Stallman
and thus know everyone's roles. Unfortunatly, you must post in Ook! or a varient thereof.
This is utterly broken (the common trick is to turn Ook into an alphanumeric code, run it through a translating program [of which RM has made at least one] and then just have him post the entire setup to the thread.)
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

He could be a serial killer.

Or he can only post the
word
"Ook" and only once per post, and can't double-post. Good luck posting in code then.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:49 am

Post by gorckat »

So the only word allowed is "ook"...that could be a frustrating yet entertaining exercise in degrees:

ook=yes
OOK=no
ook
=strong yes
OOK
=strong no

And so on and so forth...with 3 letters, caps and lower for each, bold, italics, underline, strike, quote tags, alignment, size...its possible to construct the 26 letter alphabet and a few extra states for simple things like yes/no, vote, unvote and individual names (in a 12-person game, maybe more).

I say lynch'em day one just to get it over with.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

But you need someone to post between each of your letters.

So it's actually even worse than that.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Seol »

You are the
Witchhunter General
. You've got an absolutely foolproof way of telling if someone's evil or not - you toss them in a lake and see if they drown. If they do not drown, they are obviously practising the dark arts.

Each night you may investigate a player, and I will tell you if they are innocent or guilty. However, if they are innocent, this will kill them.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Seol wrote:You are the
Witchhunter General
. You've got an absolutely foolproof way of telling if someone's evil or not - you toss them in a lake and see if they drown. If they do not drown, they are obviously practising the dark arts.

Each night you may investigate a player, and I will tell you if they are innocent or guilty. However, if they are innocent, this will kill them.
Heh. That's actually a pretty cool pro-town role; there are times I would use that ability.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Post by Seol »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Witchhunter General

Heh. That's actually a pretty cool pro-town role; there are times I would use that ability.
It's just a nerfed vig that looks like a nerfed cop. But I like the flavour. :D
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by Xythar »

There was a role in a CYOR game I was in before which was a cop who could investigate people, and if they turned up guilty would then vigkill them automatically that same night.

The catch? He was (unknowingly of course) paranoid.

In that same game was another cop who could investigate people and if they turned up innocent they would be protected that night. He was of course naive. In fact the only sane cop was scum aligned.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Oman »

That naive one is good. Tell someone they're a cop when they'rea doctor.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Xythar »

They knew they were also a doctor, they just didn't know they were naive.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by Glork »

Mirth wrote:I don't think a survivor is inherently anti-town...in fact, unless there's the condition of only winning if everyone else was dead, I think it would be in the survivor's best interest to play a protown game, as the town can't nightkill them. I'm personally more interested in role intersections that might favor a scorched earth scenerio at least as much as town or scum wins, because that would seem harder to balance.
I don't think it is either, but the general community seems to think so. There was an old discussion thread regarding survivors and the general consensus was that they should be lynched or vigged upon claiming. I disagree with that completely and maintain that, provided the Survivors prove their worth to thet town, they should be let alone.

But, I digress. Thus, a role!

You are a
Vampire
. Each night you may attempt to drink the Blood of the Innocent to sustain yourself. If you target a protown player, you will kill them and live. Otherwise, you will die. Furthermore, since you cannot stand sunlight, the first time you make a post during day, you will be immediately killed. You win when you are the only player remaining. Good luck!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Peers wrote:You are
Bizarro #1
. You no am hunting scum. You no want to save town. You am not able to... screw it, I can't do this. You cannot cast votes yourself, however, you have the ability to unvote for other people. When you unvote for someone, their vote will no longer be counted in the vote summary until you unvote someone else. You also must post in Bizarro-speak, or you lose this ability (but still cannot vote). You am lose when scum is inlettered by town.
This am not good role.
Retired as of October 2014.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:50 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Witchhunter General
I thought it was done by weighing the suspect. You know, if he weighs the same as a duck...
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:34 pm

Post by Adel »

You are Naked Lunch

As your post restriction, you may only post votes and complete lines of text copied exactly off of the page in
Naked Lunch
that corresponds with the page number of the game thread.

You win if two or more players request replacement out of the game in the game thread, citing your posts as the reason.

[bastardmod note: place this role into a theme game about smurfs or spongebob some other children's cartoon.]
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:58 am

Post by kuribo »

Here are some wrestling related ones:

You are
The Ultimate Warrior
You may never post anything that has any coherence or relevance to the conversation. You must make up words like "true foke" and "destrucity" during each post. If anyone accuses you of being Mafia, you must post in all caps, calling them a normal and insulting them in some bizarre, nonsensical way. At the end of the day, if your vote rests on the person who is lynched, you win the title and may stay. If however, you vote wrong, you run off to the locker room and disappear from the game forever.

You are
Triple H
. You cannot be lynched. You cannot be night-killed. Anyone who votes against you or tries to night kill you is killed.

You are
The Undertaker
If you are lynched or NK'd, druids bring you back from the dead one game day later. You then kill the person who killed you.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Seol »

You are
Kuribo's Shoe
. You are, without a doubt, the coolest power-up Mario has ever encountered. You can walk atop Piranha Plants, and you have a pleasingly gambollic gait. As such, you are beyond suspicion and are therefore unlynchable, and you can best any foe in combat - thus you have a once-per-day daykill. You're that awesome. Oh yeah.

So why are you only on ONE FRICKING LEVEL? Nobody knows. Anyway, so, yeah, you win with the town. However, you are in the game for day 3 and day 3 only (you will not be on the player list prior to day 3, when you join the game, and at the end of day 3 you will leave the game).
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:11 am

Post by kuribo »

Seol wrote:You are
Kuribo's Shoe
. You are, without a doubt, the coolest power-up Mario has ever encountered.

quoted for truth
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I also like Kuribo's Shoe. IIRC I tried and failed to bring it out of the level with me.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:52 am

Post by kuribo »

i think there's like a game genie code that lets you do it
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Mirth »

Congratulations! You are
The Little Mermaid
, and you're hopelessly in love with a human prince. In order to be near him, you have given up your tongue and your wonderful voice, so you are unable to speak, but it was all worth it just to have him gaze deeply into your eyes. It doesn't matter to you that every waking moment of your existance is pure agony with the horrible knife-like pain in your new-formed feet, or that you'll never see your sisters again. No, that is all secondary to winning your prince's love.

As a tongueless magical creature, you are not allowed to speak at all, only vote and FOS. No quoting either. Also, if you prince is to die before he declares his love for you, you will die of a broken heart. Your love, however, is so strong that he is invincible to night kills, so you only have to worry about day-time actions. You win when the prince asks you to marry him. You lose in all other cases.

mod note: this, of course, is the Anderson version of the fairy tale...for added bastard mod bonus, have a oneshot day vig kill the prince.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”