PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:07 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2515, zakk wrote:
In post 2489, PeregrineV wrote:I'm glad we've gone back to this instead of trying to deduce who might be scum.

Based on blade Hunter's posting, I have no reason to believe she was scum. I figured it was Titus or a Titus hydra, but who cares. Based on Titus posting, I liked her posting as Blade Dancer more. Can't say why, except that Blade's posts seem to progress the game more. But, either way, I have no reason to believe Titus is scum.
that's because you're scum with her like in Street Fighter mafia
Was that the one where I was mafia and she was mafia?

Oh yeah, I remember that!! Good time, good times.

:neutral:

Anyways, since you'll never convince me that I'm scum, you can try to convince me she is.
I would use some sort of evidence based logic to do so, since that sways me more than anything else.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Not Chara »

: putting aside the number of players who've said they're scumreading me but won't go for it unless there's a wagon (and also, hilariously, accusing me of only voting wagons i think i won't be attacked for), why did that post in particular cement your scumread on me? i want details.
on Narna: what on earth is scummy about bringing up alignment-indicative information from Nahdia's audio upload? Skullduggery didn't take it down, it's still there to be listened to if one wishes. Narna was asking a question to get an answer from Sly, in response to a different but tangentially related issue involving fully reading the game vs. not fully reading the game. Nahdia's audio was brought up as a why to question Sly. opinions about whether or not the audio should be used in analysis are entirely player and ethics based. why are you presenting it as alignment-indicative?

pedit: i don't remember you claiming anything like that. quote it, if you must, but don't put down any new information about your role. if it was a crumb, don't underline it either.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2505, Andrius wrote:I don’t think that’s the real deadline. I think someone did that, or Skullduggery is just screwing with us. Deadlines are here for a reason and pretending we don’t have one or HIDING THE DEADLINE FROM US is bad for the town since we’ll just come to a deadline lynch and I am NOT willing to settle for one of those.
Someone posited that the deadline was expanded by scum, specifically to derail the L-3 zakk wagon.

Thoughts on that?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@NC yeah I crumbed. I'll quote a random post related to it.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 2523, Not Chara wrote:i'm back. catching up on my missed pages in a bit. for now: who's going along with the flow, exactly?
Maxous, i'd like you to go more in depth about that.
zakk: when did you go from townreading me to having me in your lynch pool? do you think i'm bussing Titus?

i'm reflexively suspicious of all players who want to hammer for their role, or have other hammer-related abilities. if anyone wants a flavour + setup speculative explanation for that, i'm happy to oblige.
Not Chara and the flavor again.
We don't need more flavor speculation.
I want reads and contributions from you and all players not flavor speculation.

I'm going to cut you off here so I don't have to come back in a few hours and say that you're faking content by posting paragraphs of flavor speculation instead of talking about reads FIVE DAYS BEFORE DEADLINE.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2488, zakk wrote:
In post 2483, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2482, zakk wrote:Why would you ask someone you supposedly think is scum to explain to you why they think you are scum?

VOTE: Firebringer
I was asking her why she thinks mcmenno is scum. So you failed to pick up some context.
and I would ask with the thoughts being maybe i am wrong about her and try to see her POV.
Ok

VOTE: Titus it is then
what's wrong with asking your scumread for details about their bad reads?
i feel like this shouldn't have prompted an immediate jump from the Titus wagon.
the jump back on makes sense because the vote change was based on a misunderstanding, but the vote change at all is what i'm questioning.

Gamma: i just said not to underline your crumb. why would you even bring this up? did you want me to be suspicious of you instead of townread you or something?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 2527, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2505, Andrius wrote:I don’t think that’s the real deadline. I think someone did that, or Skullduggery is just screwing with us. Deadlines are here for a reason and pretending we don’t have one or HIDING THE DEADLINE FROM US is bad for the town since we’ll just come to a deadline lynch and I am NOT willing to settle for one of those.
Someone posited that the deadline was expanded by scum, specifically to derail the L-3 zakk wagon.

Thoughts on that?
I'm not sure
why
it was done, but I'm leaning it being a scum ability.
Hiding the deadline is a great way to drag out a long D1 with no clear wagon into a deadline lynch.

I mean, that theory is possible. It is.
Don't want to spend too much time speculating on it, but the fact that it was anti-town is evident.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2529, Andrius wrote:
In post 2523, Not Chara wrote:i'm back. catching up on my missed pages in a bit. for now: who's going along with the flow, exactly?
Maxous, i'd like you to go more in depth about that.
zakk: when did you go from townreading me to having me in your lynch pool? do you think i'm bussing Titus?

i'm reflexively suspicious of all players who want to hammer for their role, or have other hammer-related abilities. if anyone wants a flavour + setup speculative explanation for that, i'm happy to oblige.
Not Chara and the flavor again.
We don't need more flavor speculation.
I want reads and contributions from you and all players not flavor speculation.

I'm going to cut you off here so I don't have to come back in a few hours and say that you're faking content by posting paragraphs of flavor speculation instead of talking about reads FIVE DAYS BEFORE DEADLINE.
christ. i'm excited about the flavour. my username and avatar are from the flavour. i like to be called 'Chara', a bloody Undertale character. i'm
excited
. go suck the fun out of a different bastard game, why don't you.
ask me for reads instead of shutting down a discussion that had not even begun. i was going to elaborate only if someone asked why. and yes, it has to do with my reads.

you're also making a lot of assumptions about what kind of content i plan on producing, considering you've never played with me before.

this game is bastard, so it's possible the deadline is still in five days. do i think that? no. that doesn't mean i'm not trying to get a lynch sooner rather than later.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@NC: I said that because you stated a blanket suspicion of hammer related powers. You should be town reading me; it was a call-out.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Not Chara »

that Gaster ability being anything but anti-town/scum would surprise me greatly. it's scum whether it had to do with zakk or not.
and, Andrius: i feel like you ignored the rest of my post, there. it's like you saw the word 'flavour' and jumped on it to the expense of anything else i've said.

Gamma: then it should be obvious, that i did not notice your crumb. you're also a major townread. Sly, Andrius, and Ankamius are not. well, Sly is a minor townread.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2035, Not Chara wrote:word salad is my only weapon. i can go on for hours about nothing at all.
you have to work on those heavy handed crumbs, Titus.

so, your McMenno push. i've been working it around in my head and.. yeah, like? i see where town Titus gets that one. you've got precedent for that tell you were pushing so hard. so that's town.
it's the rest of your play that i'm not a fan of. maybe it's your being ill, or tired or.. i'm not really sure what you've been hinting that you're feeling like but it could be one of those. i don't feel like you're throwing your weight around. your interactions with Nahdia, who you want lynched, also lack that oomph. let's talk about that.

pedit: is that a serious wondering, Nahdia? i don't really believe it is.
Titus, did you ever end up responding to this? i feel as though i'm being largely ignored by you. i'm mentioned as a passing scumread, and that's it.
Andrius: i don't remember which post had you saying this, and i don't care to find it right now, but. you claimed i was only fine with lynching you after you mentioned a scumread on me. ISO me with your name, you'll find that isn't true. try again.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Narna »

In post 2492, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 2347, Narna wrote:What you are saying would imply that not listening to Nahdia's hour long reads list (before the mod called foul) is also scummy. Why didn't you call out people for that?
Very scummy to suggest that a post the Mod very explicitly said was illegal has the same weight as legal game posts …
It's part of the game, and people were claiming not to have followed it. I was pushing Sly for a reaction. It seems like a protown move to me, even if a little weak.

Do you think Creature slipped here?
In post 2436, Creature wrote:Not doing it, it's already pointless.
In post 2437, Creature wrote:If Yume is scum, scum should have already told her about it.
In post 2438, Creature wrote:Nvm.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Creature »

No, I am just used for scum having confirmed daychat in large theme games.
Sigh
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:33 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2531, Andrius wrote:
In post 2527, PeregrineV wrote:

Thoughts on that?
I'm not sure
why
it was done, but I'm leaning it being a scum ability.
Hiding the deadline is a great way to drag out a long D1 with no clear wagon into a deadline lynch.

I mean, that theory is possible. It is.
Don't want to spend too much time speculating on it, but the fact that it was anti-town is evident.
Then it makes you ask the question, why do it at that point in time?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:34 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2534, Not Chara wrote:that Gaster ability being anything but anti-town/scum would surprise me greatly. it's scum whether it had to do with zakk or not.
and, Andrius: i feel like you ignored the rest of my post, there. it's like you saw the word 'flavour' and jumped on it to the expense of anything else i've said.

Gamma: then it should be obvious, that i did not notice your crumb. you're also a major townread. Sly, Andrius, and Ankamius are not. well, Sly is a minor townread.
If that was your ability, and you were scum, under what conditions do you think you would use it?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Narna »

In post 2537, Creature wrote:No, I am just used for scum having confirmed daychat in large theme games.
That was addressed to Magna because he seems to have given you a pass there when Nahdia was not.
In post 2176, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Mod - I'll be V/LA from basically now til Monday morning for my usual weekend family duties. Including taking impressionable tweens to haunted houses ..."

In post 2175, Nahdia wrote:Did anyone else have the thought that Nosferatu probably wouldn't be so clueless about who is in what slot (not realizing Blade Dancer & Giga have been replaced) if he were communicating with a scumteam? Cause I mean, that sprung to mind but I'm sort of struggling with whether the whole premise of that being towny is dumb and bad.
Have I mentioned lately I love when scum just take for granted that their Daytalk is common knowledge when nothing in the rules from the Mod indicates Daytalk is in effect?

I really love it ...
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:40 am

Post by Not Chara »

Peregrine: hm.
ok, so maybe i do see your point. it has two possible points of utility, depending on if it actually changed the deadline:
1) if it makes the deadline so far ahead that we can never be pressured by deadline, and are forced to lynch to end the day... it could be a tool for fostering town apathy. the timing would matter less. i might use it to either accelerate or decelerate a wagon, depending on which effect i thought it would have. but it would probably serve to derail a wagon more than accelerate it if i think more.
2) if it's simply hiding the deadline, and we still have the regular one, then its use is to surprise town with a no lynch when we expected more time.

i think both Narna and PeregrineV are town here. so is Nahdia.
the only wagons that exist now and that i would consider are McMenno and Titus. i very much doubt both are scum. but i'm not voting to lynch McMenno when he's more of a 'leftovers' read from not looking particularly towny, and i have a much stronger scumread on Titus. who everyone should still vote. abandon Nahdia and Narna, already.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Narna »

PV, did Nahdia translating your message faster than Pepto translated Skullduggery's affect your assumption that I'm responisble for the Gaster message?

Everyone should be in agreement that we end the phase soon. It's unlikely, but there is the off chance of the deadline being shortened as well.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:42 am

Post by Narna »

In post 2542, Narna wrote:PV, did Nahdia translating your message faster than Pepto translated Skullduggery's affect your assumption that I'm responisble for the Gaster message?
Because it doesn't look like it has
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Not Chara »

i don't think the deadline was shorted. like you said, unlikely.
i do want to consolidate on a wagon.
why do you still have Titus as town? suggests doubt, and you say you simply agree with her opinions while disagreeing on her methods. in my opinion, reasons for feelings are more important than if their reads are correct when it comes to determining if someone is scummy.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Actually, if the deadline really is extended, it feels pro-town because it gives extra discussion time (not that any extra discussion is needed). That may actually mean scum has day chat, because a prolonged day phase without day talk would be hell for scum.
<Embrace The Void>

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2545, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually, if the deadline really is extended, it feels pro-town because it gives extra discussion time (not that any extra discussion is needed). That may actually mean scum has day chat, because a prolonged day phase without day talk would be hell for scum.
trust me, it isn't protown.
apathy is the worst thing for town. see the post-game for Shadowrun mafia, long day phases are awful.

scum could have an encryptor, they could not. according to mod meta, though i forget who went looking, it's a toss up.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Narna »

In post 2544, Not Chara wrote:i don't think the deadline was shorted. like you said, unlikely.
i do want to consolidate on a wagon.
why do you still have Titus as town? suggests doubt, and you say you simply agree with her opinions while disagreeing on her methods. in my opinion, reasons for feelings are more important than if their reads are correct when it comes to determining if someone is scummy.
It was early day 1 when Blade Dancer pushed Mcmenno, so the reasoning was bound to be more flimsly than I'd like. I liked Blade Dancer quite a bit, so it was still carrying over, hence why my read on them spoke of the slot like it was dropping. I don't really think they are town anymore. This is a bit crackpot, but does Titus, especially early Blade Dancer, look like a hard bus attempt from Titus?
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Not Chara »

the problem with Titus being scum is that i have no concrete evidence posts. i can't quote contradictions, or posts where she's manipulating people.
it's simple a terribly bad feeling that has been compounded by her odd behaviour. Titus has quite a presence in games i've read in the past, no i will not be providing examples but all games are completed, and those who are familiar with her really should know what i mean. i don't see that here. she's tunneling, because she's a tunneler and she knows it, but there's no wider sense. there isn't any wildly connecting McMenno through associatives to find his scumteam, from her point of view.
she isn't engaging with me no matter how many potshots i throw her way.
hm. actually, looking at her reads progression might help communicate this.
Titus is
stubborn
. Titus is not being stubborn.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:03 am

Post by Not Chara »

Narna: i don't believe McMenno is a bus. there's no reason for her to do so. i think he's just being McMenno.
if i'm entirely off base with Titus, he could be scum. but i don't think i am.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”