Micro 651: Worst (Role) Idea(s) Mafia 2 (Fin - Town Win!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 199, Jaack wrote:@Vedith - We lynch Tier today and skrub tomorrow, sound good?
Tier gains something over night, or has something tomorrow during the day.
This is why he's trying to push to survive until tomorrow. Otherwise he wouldn't claim to be confirmed tomorrow without actually telling us what is it.

I worry that his win con involves removing him and another player.
I claim scum \o/
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Jaack »

Let's roll then

UNVOTE:
VOTE: TierShift
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Skrub »

In post 199, Jaack wrote:
In post 197, Skrub wrote:@jaack Can you go further in depth with explaining your reads?
There's not much else to explain. I've already stated my case as to why you are scummy. Maru and Tier have self confirmed their own scum nature. Vedith is ridiculously obviously town. I have reasons to believe +__+ is town that I can't get much into, but he's also independently the rather townie. Setup says there must be at least 5 town, so two of the remaining three are required to be town. In order of likelyhood, I'd say Light is probtown, Ari is reasonablely town and Vax is null. But that's kind of just off of memory.

@Vedith - We lynch Tier today and skrub tomorrow, sound good?
That's wasn't really a case though. Like at all. You gave a weak reason for scum reading me and it didn't even make sense because you had done the exact same thing right before that. I asked you to explain your reads more in depth and you haven't done that either. Why is light probtown? Why is Ari reasonably town? And why is vax null? I can understand why you're suspicious of tier and Mary but how have they "self confirmed their scum nature"?
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Skrub »

In post 185, Skrub wrote:
In post 54, light_ganski wrote:Why do people keep claiming 'third party but don't kill me', its not exactly useful :facepalm:

Why would someone who is town say this instead of being glad that they know who's 3rd party now? It makes it easier to sort people out and you can grill the 3rd parties to find out whether or not you can trust them.
In post 116, light_ganski wrote:
In post 113, TierShift wrote:I'm not anti town

I don't get why letting SK kill me is bad for you?
Considering the mechanics of this game, could this be a scum gambit?

VOTE: Maruchan
He says this and then format make any effort to try and figure out of tier is really scum. It's just an empty post. Even when he votes for him again in his next post he doesn't ask tier any questions.
In post 177, light_ganski wrote:
In post 174, Vedith wrote:
In post 166, Maruchan wrote:Plus, I haven't indicated that I CAN'T win with the town, nor have I indicated a willingness to win with any other faction, unlike Tierce, so you'd think that you'd be more willing to listen to me than to tierce
See, this is neutral that I trust :up:
I get why you trust this but consider this scenario: scum claims third party and says they can win with town. We can't necessarily take third party claims at their word
If we can't take their claims at their word why aren't you interacting with any of them to figure out which ones you can trust?
In post 183, light_ganski wrote:
In post 182, Aristophanes wrote:So he's not town. There's gonna be tons of nit town. He's wiling to make more towny wincon available,
or so it seems
. Why don't we a want this?

The bolded is precisely my reason for not automatically trusting a day one non-town claim. What if he is the serial killer, and he's lying about getting the serial killer to 'team up' with him? It would be an awful good way to screw us over
Oh and didn't you say that you have to change your vote in every post? Why'd you stop doing it?
Nobody has any comments on this?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 203, Skrub wrote:Nobody has any comments on this?
I had nothing to add or say on the matter.
I claim scum \o/
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Jaack »

In post 202, Skrub wrote:That's wasn't really a case though. Like at all. You gave a weak reason for scum reading me and it didn't even make sense because you had done the exact same thing right before that. I asked you to explain your reads more in depth and you haven't done that either. Why is light probtown? Why is Ari reasonably town? And why is vax null? I can understand why you're suspicious of tier and Mary but how have they "self confirmed their scum nature"?
The {light, ari, vax} reads were just from gut and memory. I've kind of felt light to be townie whenever she's posted, ari too, but less so, and I have very little memory of vax in this game, but I don't remember anything that stood out as very scummy. A quick review of their isos doesn't change any of my previous opinions on them significantly, but I'll try to add a little more.

You're case on light is pretty weak. It seems to boil down to light wanting to lynch tier, which is a rather common opinion among people. Oh and that she forgot her posting restriction, but her restriction was actually confirmed when in the next vote count she was voting for herself. I mean there isn't a lot there, but what is there seems town.

Ari I guess could be a SK who want to believe Tier and join the cool town people, but I don't think he would be as up front about his desire to keep tier alive because having a town SK would be cool, if he were in fact the SK.

Vax is kind of just there.

Tier and Maru have both claimed to be non-town. If they aren't town, my win condition requires them to be dead. Therefore, they are some sort of scum (whether mafia or anti-town third party).

As for you, you keep saying that I'm scumreading you for doing the same thing as me, but I honestly don't know which post of mine you are refering to. If and are the two posts you are comparing, there's a whole world of difference between them. While I did the waffling thing in my post, I did give a clear side I was on, which was lynching tier. You just said you were going to reread and see what came up with. Oh, and you said that my post came from the mindset of scum, but because I was so blatant about it I wasn't scum. Okay, fair enough. But then why would you make a post you yourself describe as similar literally seconds after that. Did your post come from the mindset of scum?

Sorry if this was a rambling wreck but whatever.
+__+
+__+
Townie
+__+
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:52 am

Post by +__+ »

In post 190, TierShift wrote:
My role says I can win with town but town wincon says I cannot so I'm asking mod for clarification rn
:lol:
+__+
+__+
Townie
+__+
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:54 am

Post by +__+ »

In post 195, Jaack wrote:
@+__+: Are we role buddies now? Because this will be the best game ever if we are.
What is a role buddy?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Davsto »

VC 1.9
TierShift (3): Vedith, +__+, Jaack
light_ganski (2): light_ganski, Skrub
+__+ (1): TierShift
Jaack (1): Aristophanes

Not Voting (2): Maruchan, Vaxkiller

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch. Deadline in (expired on 2016-10-25 17:35:00).
+__+
+__+
Townie
+__+
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:58 am

Post by +__+ »

Vedith is conftown to me (and should be to any player who received a town-aligned role pm).
Jaack is like 99% conftown as well.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Vedith »

@MOD - Light is voting Tier?
I claim scum \o/
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:04 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 210, Vedith wrote:
@MOD - Light is voting Tier?
Votecount is correct.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Vedith »

Lol, how I imagine Light right now.

I claim scum \o/
+__+
+__+
Townie
+__+
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:07 am

Post by +__+ »

@Vedith

Light apparently has a post restriction that requires a vote change in every post. Light apparently forgot and so s now self-voting.

It remains to be seen if this can be corrected by light, or if the vote is locked in.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Jaack »

In post 207, +__+ wrote:
In post 195, Jaack wrote:
@+__+: Are we role buddies now? Because this will be the best game ever if we are.
What is a role buddy?
I was wondering if you had figured out my role and/or your role.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Vedith »

Ah okay.
At least we know he didn't lie there.
I claim scum \o/
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:42 am

Post by light_ganski »

Right, I'll start with skrub and go from there
In post 54, light_ganski wrote:Why do people keep claiming 'third party but don't kill me', its not exactly useful :facepalm:

Why would someone who is town say this instead of being glad that they know who's 3rd party now? It makes it easier to sort people out and you can grill the 3rd parties to find out whether or not you can trust them.
What? I mean actually, what? Why the hell would I be glad of someone revealing they are not town, but oh no we mustn't lynch them they've got to team up with the serial killer first? I mean if you're going to say that you should come out and full claim and then let us decide based on the claim. All claiming non-specific third party does is force us to make decisions based on incomplete information. There is no way of knowing whether or not we should trust them.

In post 116, light_ganski wrote:
In post 113, TierShift wrote:I'm not anti town

I don't get why letting SK kill me is bad for you?
Considering the mechanics of this game, could this be a scum gambit?

VOTE: Maruchan
He says this and then format make any effort to try and figure out of tier is really scum. It's just an empty post. Even when he votes for him again in his next post he doesn't ask tier any questions.
Until this post I was reasonably confident tier was the SK making a gambit here, but quite frankly this post suggests he's your buddy.

In post 177, light_ganski wrote:
In post 174, Vedith wrote:
In post 166, Maruchan wrote:Plus, I haven't indicated that I CAN'T win with the town, nor have I indicated a willingness to win with any other faction, unlike Tierce, so you'd think that you'd be more willing to listen to me than to tierce
See, this is neutral that I trust :up:
I get why you trust this but consider this scenario: scum claims third party and says they can win with town. We can't necessarily take third party claims at their word
If we can't take their claims at their word why aren't you interacting with any of them to figure out which ones you can trust?
In post 183, light_ganski wrote:
In post 182, Aristophanes wrote:So he's not town. There's gonna be tons of nit town. He's wiling to make more towny wincon available,
or so it seems
. Why don't we a want this?

The bolded is precisely my reason for not automatically trusting a day one non-town claim. What if he is the serial killer, and he's lying about getting the serial killer to 'team up' with him? It would be an awful good way to screw us over
Oh and didn't you say that you have to change your vote in every post? Why'd you stop doing it?
Lazy scum hunting right here. Yep I forgot to change my vote, check the fucking vote count and you'll see it reverts to a self-vote if I fail to change my vote

Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:45 am

Post by Skrub »

VOTE: tiershift

Thanks for bussing your buddy, light.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:47 am

Post by Vedith »

Is that a lynch?
I claim scum \o/
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:49 am

Post by light_ganski »

Yes it is. Well if you are a townie skrub you're a fucking fool, we kill this tomorrow
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Vedith »

So you can alter your vote after going against post restriction?
I claim scum \o/
Skrub
Skrub
Goon
Skrub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Skrub »

Oh shit, I thought he was at L-2. Eh, doesn't really matter because he's scum anyway.
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:51 am

Post by light_ganski »

This pretty much rules out {tier, skrub} as scum team. Skrub is practically confscum now, don't think I need to explain this one. Still think tier's SK but we'll see it with the flip.

@Vedith - yes I can, the self vote is only temporary.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Vedith »

Why is he scum 100%?
I claim scum \o/
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:52 am

Post by light_ganski »

In post 221, Skrub wrote:Oh shit, I thought he was at L-2. Eh, doesn't really matter because he's scum anyway.
Yeah right, why would you have said this then:
Skrub wrote:VOTE: tiershift

Thanks for bussing your buddy, light.
Scum confirmed, you eat rope tomorrow

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”