Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:11 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Booker wrote:You are a
Traumatized Mason
, along with
X
and
Y
, and can communicate freely with them at night via PMs. Everyone tended to ignore you completely from childhood on, including your parents. Quite frankly, you can't stand it. If either of your Mason partners don't send you a PM two days in a row, you lose control and kill them. (If both ignore you for the same space of time, the victim is chosen randomly) If both of your Mason friends die, you become a Serial Killer. You win with town, and are confident your buddies are protown as well.
Without the Mod Note, this is actually a viable role. "Keep talking to me, guys, or I might lose it..."
Retired as of October 2014.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:14 am

Post by Oman »

Question "You are confident..." Confirmed?

Also, if one of them dies, they can't PM you...thus you'd go nuts right?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:56 am

Post by Booker »

Well, confirmed in TM's deluded mind. Unless you mean what a non-bastardy (well, less bastardy) one would behave like, in which case I'd confirm the masons.
And one couldn't kill the living one for the dead one's lack of PMing. Gotta kill the one actually ignoring TM.

The difficulty is, if one wanted it non-bastardy, Mason conversation would require the Mod as a middle-man, so he could actually tell if TM was being spoken to. You might also need to cut the time limit down to one night...
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Adel »

you are a tourist from SA. If you get modkilled day 1, you win.
OR
if you get lynched day 1 you win if the town wins. Otherwise you lose.

If you quote this role PM, in whole or in part, you will be banned from mafiascum.net.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Oman »

Booker wrote:And one couldn't kill the living one for the dead one's lack of PMing.
This one could.
You are a tourist from SA, AU (South Australia, Australia). You poor thing. You're obviously a serial killer, due to the statistical likelyhood. The rest of the players hate you, but if you sell them marijuanna or maybe some tickets to your museums, they might like you again. If you kill someone from Western Australia everyone is convinced you're town and you gain investigation immunity and death unmiller status. If you kill someone from Tasmania, you win.
I might make Australian Mafia.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Brother Fingers
Brother Fingers
Townie
Brother Fingers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Brother Fingers »

Person with unreliable time machine

You have somehow acquired a time machine. You can use any power you like.

Mod notes: Everything that happened up until the previous night doesn't happen, and whatever the PUTM calls happens along with everything else that happened that (the previous from the current) night. (i.e. Player X was never killed, and so the discussion of the day begins with a failed mafia kill.)
[url=http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/regular_expressions.png]/(.+)?/[/url]
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Booker »

You are the
Millerante
. Every night, you have the option to PM me who you wish to kill. When investigated by a role that can determine someone's alignment, you appear as Guilty. If you die, you appear as Mafia.
Incidentally, you are also in a Mason group with
X
and
Y
. You may speak with them via PMs at night. They are also Death Millers. You win with town.

You are the
Millercruiter
. Due to a series of not-so-petty juvenile crimes by all of your Mason group, people tend to get the wrong idea about your meetings. But you really have turned over a new leaf, and it seems the only way to convince anyone is to have them sit in on your meetings. You're persuasive enough that that's not difficult. Except then the people sitting in are
also
looked at unfavorably for joining in your nightly meetings.
If investigated by a role that determines people's alignments, you appear Guilty. Upon death, you appear as a Cult Leader. At night, you may PM freely with anyone in your Mason group.
Y
and
Z
are already in your Mason group, and are both Death Millers as well.
Every night, if the number of people in your Mason group is less than 5, you
must
send me the name of one person not in the group. If you do not, it will be selected randomly. (If you have 5 or more in the group, you can still recruit if you want to) If this person is protown, they join your Mason group, investigate as Guilty, and appear as Mafia upon death. If they're not, you die. You win if at least 1 actually-protown member of your group wins.

You are the
MillerMason Plotter
. Unlike your friends, you've always found Mason-dom somewhat boring. People don't talk that much, and there's not much to talk about even when they do. Things would be so much more interesting if they would let you lead instead of that Millercruiter.
You appear Guilty to any roles that can determine someone's alignment, and appear as "Mafia" upon death. You can PM anyone in your Mason group freely during night.
If Millercruiter dies while you live, the Mason group turns into a full-fledged Mafia faction. Once per night, when any member survives, the group can PM me one person you wish to kill each night. So long as you survive, you're in charge of sending it in. You alone will also appear innocent to any investigations. Leading this new faction to victory, eliminating any other factions and equaling/outnumbering the town, is your win condition.
You've kept your eyes open while in your Mason group, and are quite familiar with the other two members.
X
is the
Millercruiter
, and the leader of your group. Every night, he recruits another member to your Mason group.
Z
is the
Millerante
, who, as the name implies, can kill someone once each night.
They're both Death Millers as you are.
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:02 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Booker, for that last group, everyone else in the game should be anti-town.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are the
Depressed Philosopher
. There is no God, all humans are merely objects, all your actions are pre-determined and eventually the universe will collapse in on itself as every physical law fails and breaks down leading to the complete destruction of everything that has ever and will ever exist, rendering every single action you ever take completely and utterly meaningless as no-one will ever remember it in the horrifying cosmic void as the universe dies a slow, and for any remaining living creatures torturous, death. You cannot win.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Mirth »

So....basically some weird love child of B.F. Skinner, Camus, and a Calvinist in serious need of happy pills?

and, so this doesn't feel like spamming:

Congratulations! You are
Bearskin
. You seem to have made a deal with the devil regarding your soul. If you manage to stay alive for 7 years (or in this case, 4 nights and 3 days), you can keep it and go to heaven where everything is rainbows and puppies and sunshine (assuming, of course, that god isn't pissed off at you for talking to the Dark Lord himself...). If you during this time, well, you're kinda screwed. But, see, there's one teeny tiny little problem with you staying alive...you're a
Miller
and thus come up guilty should anyone investigate you...and the mod, being an evil horrible person (just like the inventors of German fairy tales), will modkill you if you claim Miller without having someone reveal their investigation results on you first. And trust me, the mod is *not* a nice person...(I mean, it's obvious with the Grimm Brothers theme going here, that you will end up dying in horrible evil bad nasty ways.) You win when you manage to avoid forfeiting your soul to the devil. You can also win if you convince 2 other players to commit suicide, at which point the devil automatically gives up the rights to your soul...oh! And I almost forgot! Since you're dressed like a bear you might as well talk like one. You're only allowed to post in growling noises. Have fun!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Glork »

Honestly... I really wish I had your creative capacity, Mirth.

The idea of a partial-game survivor genuinely intrigues me, though. Instead of making a player a Survivor for the whole game (and thus effectively anti-town in endgame), the "Survive through four day/night cycles"). Naturally, the Miller aspect and the Post Restriction both make it a "Worst role idea," but you might have hit on something here.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Twomz »

Booker wrote:You are the
Millerante
. Every night, you have the option to PM me who you wish to kill. When investigated by a role that can determine someone's alignment, you appear as Guilty. If you die, you appear as Mafia.
X
and
Y
. You may speak with them via PMs at night. They are also Death Millers. You win with town.

You are the
Millercruiter
. Due to a series of not-so-petty juvenile crimes by all of your Mason group, people tend to get the wrong idea about your meetings. But you really have turned over a new leaf, and it seems the only way to convince anyone is to have them sit in on your meetings. You're persuasive enough that that's not difficult. Except then the people sitting in are
also
looked at unfavorably for joining in your nightly meetings.
If investigated by a role that determines people's alignments, you appear Guilty. Upon death, you appear as a Cult Leader. At night, you may PM freely with anyone in your Mason group.
Y
and
Z
are already in your Mason group, and are both Death Millers as well.
Every night, if the number of people in your Mason group is less than 5, you
must
send me the name of one person not in the group. If you do not, it will be selected randomly. (If you have 5 or more in the group, you can still recruit if you want to) If this person is protown, they join your Mason group, investigate as Guilty, and appear as Mafia upon death. If they're not, you die. You win if at least 1 actually-protown member of your group wins.

You are the
MillerMason Plotter
. Unlike your friends, you've always found Mason-dom somewhat boring. People don't talk that much, and there's not much to talk about even when they do. Things would be so much more interesting if they would let you lead instead of that Millercruiter.
You appear Guilty to any roles that can determine someone's alignment, and appear as "Mafia" upon death. You can PM anyone in your Mason group freely during night.
If Millercruiter dies while you live, the Mason group turns into a full-fledged Mafia faction. Once per night, when any member survives, the group can PM me one person you wish to kill each night. So long as you survive, you're in charge of sending it in. You alone will also appear innocent to any investigations. Leading this new faction to victory, eliminating any other factions and equaling/outnumbering the town, is your win condition.
You've kept your eyes open while in your Mason group, and are quite familiar with the other two members.
X
is the
Millercruiter
, and the leader of your group. Every night, he recruits another member to your Mason group.
Z
is the
Millerante
, who, as the name implies, can kill someone once each night.
They're both Death Millers as you are.
Makes me want to make a "No way you can win mafia" game.
1x of each of those roles.
1x 3 person mafia group (goon, GF, RBer)
1x 4 person wolf group (3 regs and an alpha (GF))
2x SK's w/ NK immunity (one kills even days, the other odd)
1x cult recruiter (auto recruits and overrides alignment of noncult players, all cultists die when recruiter dies)
2x miller
1x death miller
5x cop (3 sane, 1 insane, 1 paranoid)
3x townies (millers and death millers get townie role PMs)

or something like that. Just to mess with people,
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:19 am

Post by Booker »

I'd play it. :P
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Mirth »

I'm not particularly creative, Glork, just chronically sleep deprived. (In fact, I took a short nap right after posting that because my speech was starting to slur ^_^)

I don't think a survivor is inherently anti-town...in fact, unless there's the condition of only winning if everyone else was dead, I think it would be in the survivor's best interest to play a protown game, as the town can't nightkill them. I'm personally more interested in role intersections that might favor a scorched earth scenerio at least as much as town or scum wins, because that would seem harder to balance.

And since I'm thinking of the Grimm Brothers, here's another:

Congratulations! You are the
Girl Without Hands
! When you were little, your parents tried to sell you off to the Devil...that...er...didn't turn out too well...as those stumps that used to be your arms can attest to...and, well...it's kind of hard to type without hands. Really really hard to type. In fact, you can't type in-thread at all, while you're in a handless state. But, wait! There's hope! Apparently there exists somewhere far far away a kind, handsome king who will fall head over heels in love with you. But kind, handsome kings, not being all they were, don't go galloping around on their white stallions looking for maidens to rescue from crappy family situations anymore. You have to find him. You may send the mod a PM each night with a name of a player you wish to ask about, and the mod will tell you whether or not you've found your true love yet. When you find your king, he'll give you shiny silver hands that you can type with. Isn't that spiffy? But you really must weigh the consequences of finding your true love, because the devil still has it in for you, and bad things can happen.

Mod note: This character is a seeker. If/when she finds the King, there is a 25% chance of her discovery leading to her and the King turning into Lovers, a 25% chance of making her the target of a player whose only goal (and only ability) will be to kill her, and a 50% chance of getting knocked up and spending the rest of the game in post restriction mode asking for things like icecream and pickles with terriyaki sauce...but I highly doubt she'd live long enough to find the King, as she's effectively muted until she does, and people here dont seem to like lurkers.

Edit: for extra bastard-mod brownie points, throw in a couple of seeker maiden roles, and only have one king/prince, such that all but one of them are guareented never to past their pre-prince restrictions.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are the
Spiteful Doctor
. You hate people. You really, really hate people. There was a time when you actually wanted to help them, and that was why you became a doctor. That time passed long ago. Now you just want to make people suffer. As such, to spite the town, each night you
must
target another player to kill. Because you're a doctor you know everything there is to know about stalking people at night (usually to help them, but this time to kill them) and you know how to kill people in ways that can't be stopped due to your knowledge of healing techniques and medical procedure. As such, your nightkill will always succeed, regardless of whether your target is protected or bulletproof.

However, if there's one thing you hate more than people it's people who get in your way. As such, if anyone tries to role-block you or otherwise interrupt your work you'll kill
them
instead...and then, ujust to spite them, you'll actually protect the player you tried to kill. You'll be filled with such rage if someone tries to stop you from killing that you won't remember if that's what happened at night or not.

You win when all threats to the town are dead and at least one pro-town player is still alive, because you really want to piss people off in addition to your rampant tendency towards violent murder.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by Mirth »

Aside from sounding like Becker (minus the homocidal sprees), that just sounds like a forced kill Vig, and not too sucky for the person having the role. What does he investigate as?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by Adel »

you are a
Drunken Vig
. Each night you can target one person for a nightkill. Each night you might kill someone. There may be a connection between the two, but you really can't remember what you did in your drunken rage during the night.

Post restriction: you can not post until a player is within two votes of being lynched due to your extreme hangover. You can not refer to your post restriction in any way, because you are ashamed of being a drunk -- so you have to make up some kind of excuse to explain your absence.

You win with the town.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

Mirth wrote:Aside from sounding like Becker (minus the homocidal sprees), that just sounds like a forced kill Vig, and not too sucky for the person having the role. What does he investigate as?
Well, he's an Overeager Super-Vig who literally can't be stopped until he's killed. Maybe a post restriction that he has to make one reference to brutal, gory murder in each post (three if he votes or unvotes) would make things worse? He'd also investigate as guilty, due to being a homicidal maniac. Might be fun to have in a game full of ordinary Doctors.
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by Booker »

You are the
Way-Too-Arrogant-Godfather
. Every night, so long as you live, you are in charge of PMing me the Mafia's night target. Your cronies are
*list*
, and you can PM them freely at night.
In every post past your first 3, you must, at any point in the post, write "IAMSCUM" (I'MSCUM is also acceptable) in caps. In-between these letters can be any AMount of punctuation, lowercase letters, and Spacing, but no other Caps. yoU win when the Mafia equal or outnumber the town, there are no other threats, and you remain alive. You investigate as innocent, for what it's worth.
Oh, yes. You also spontaneously burst into flame if you refer to your posting restriction in any way.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by Peers »

You are the
Fairy Godfather
. You are a normal godfather, however, if anyone includes the phrase "I wish you were dead" (or any variation thereof that includes the words "I wish"), your have no choice -- you must nightkill the person they were talking about. If multiple people are wished dead, you may choose which of them to target.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Primate »

You are a pro-town german sausage :V
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Twomz »

You are a
Pirate
! Each night you must search for yer buried treasure that was stolen from you, since you do this with your spyglass from yer ship you cannot be killed. If you find the scurvy dog that took yer treasure you get to make them walk the plank (not allowed to post or use night abilities for 2 nights and days). You also have one shot in yer pistol that you can use at any time to kill a player. If a player dies with yer treasure it gets passed on to a player of their choice (will). You win when you have yer booty and are alive when the game ends, ARRRRR.

You are a
Ninja
! You are so sneaky that you can avoid players that want to kill you at night. Also, each night you can spy on a player (investigate) or assassinate a player (kill). But, you think there is something missing in your life... TREASURE! You know that there is a pirate playing the game, and you think that would be a good place to start. If you investigate the player and they have the chest, you steal it. You win when you have the treasure and are alive when the game ends, Hiyah!

You are a
Greedy Innocent Victim
. You start the game with a treasure chest. You... um... don't really remember when you got it. You may pass it to another player at night and as long as they are a good guy, you exchange roles with them. If it is a bad guy, they kill you for it. You win with the town.

Treasure chest.
Anyone who has the chest with the exception of the pirate and the ninja have the option of passing the chest on to another player.
If either the pirate or the ninja has the chest, and they both target each other to get it, then they both die and the treasure chest is lost.
Whenever a player who has the chest dies, they choose another player to pass the chest to.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

You are
Adel

As your post restriction, you must make all of your posts encrypted, using a key that only you and the mod knows. This includes all of your votes and such. Your votes will show up in the vote count.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Xythar »

Booker wrote:You are the
Millerante
X
and
Y
I actually had this role in #mafia's Disgaea IRC game (except that we were all overeager vigs who had no choice but to collectively submit a kill each night as well). It was interesting.

Log's here if anyone actually has enough time on their hands to read the whole thing (hahahaha right)
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:27 am

Post by kuribo »

You are
Robert Cochran,
writer of 24.

Each day you may kill someone without explanation. The day does not end with your kill. You have 24 hours to find the mafia--- At the start of a new day, you may not reference or even acknowledge the previous day's postings. Each night you may choose one person to look guilty or innocent the next day, however sometime later during the day, their true alignment will be revealed to the town. If you choose not to use BOTH powers, the next day your ratings go down and one person that you have killed off in the past will be resurrected---- also without explanation.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”