mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:36 am

Post by mathcam »

And I think this is quite funny, really; no one has given a decent reason why they think I'm scummy yet, except for the fact that I adamantly refuse to roleclaim.
And this is exactly the point. I don't think you're scummy because you refuse to role claim, it's just that all but four people have been semi-cleared by various investigations. As a town, we've come up with an almost sure-fire way to nail some scum by having the four of you reveal your roles, and yet you refuse out of a new-found sense of "how to play the game." I'm actually leaning toward you being pro-town now, but still can't seem to understand your refusal to comply with that the town has deemed best.

mikehart.....

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:44 am

Post by massive »

All I'm saying, Dour, is that to say you put yourself on the line to lynch mlaker is a little overboard. You put yourself in harm's way during the debate with Someone, not while we were lynching mlaker. By the time the tide had shifted to lynching mlaker, I think you were probably out of harm's way.

And requesting DP to investigate you also seems kinda irrelevant, since I think we all believe his time is limited. But I agree that we're getting all we're gonna get from Dourgrim at this time, so I'll
unvote Dourgrim
for now.

I agree with Sugar that the only reason Fishbulb got removed is because rite cleared him. Jadesmar and mathcam were cleared by DP as well - that's why you aren't in that category, Fishbulb. I'd definitely like to hear more from Fishbulb and will vote that way if necessary to prod him.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:45 am

Post by Fishbulb »

What do you want to hear, exactly? A roleclaim?
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:47 am

Post by Fishbulb »

No prods necessary, by the way. I'm here and will respond to anything you ask.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:22 am

Post by massive »

Yeah. I think I'm really trying to justify myself voting for rite here in a few minutes. *laugh* I just can't wrap my brain around Vizzini NOT being Mafia.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:38 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Yes, I agree. The only reason I'm not is that how could an investigator that sends out results to other players be bad? It really fits (except for the Vizzini part).

But anyway, I can role claim, but I was saving it for when scum tries to role claim and they pick mine. Then I can say "Ah-ha!", but if I'm not "cleared", I can't really do that. So, let me know if I am still in the scummy pile, and I will claim.

At this point, we either have to lynch Dourgrim, or move on. If we are moving on, then I say we look at Werebear.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:24 am

Post by massive »

Think about it this way: I'm Mafia. I have the ability to send out "investigations" to other players. Since I know who is innocent already, it's easy for me to spread disinformation (along with some "real", confirmable information) to not only make myself seem innocent under the gun, but also to possibly protect one of my scummy buddies (as a "confirmed" innocent). The only caveat here is if I send info to someone that the SK is innocent ... but it's not like the SK is going to come out and say, "Ha-HA! I'm actually NOT innocent!"

Right now there are 13 of us left. Is that right?

Dourgrim (?)

Dragon Phoenix (Grandpa)
Fishbulb 2 replaces CRiX (?)

jadesmar (? but innocent via DP)
massive (Fezzik)
mathcam (? but innocent via DP)
mikehart (generic Florin townie)
mole (generic Florin townie)
Norinel replaces Darkblade (Westley)
rite (Vizzini)

Someone (generic Florin townie)
Sugar (generic Florin townie)
Werebear (?)

I've italicized who could still be scummy. With Werebear and Dourgrim refusing to roleclaim for whatever reason, you're the only unknown that is willing to talk at this point. There are conceivably two Mafia and an ROUS left, so if we can eliminate you from our pool of scum, we can take out the rest.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:32 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Alright. I guess it would be highly unlikely that they would use my role later, even if I do keep quiet. From the way they are talking, it better be something more interesting when they try to role claim.

I am The King. I don't have any abilities, however the role does say I do have some power. Not sure if it means anything more than the fact that I am king, but that's all I got.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:23 am

Post by massive »

Dourgrim: I think I understand now. Although I think I disagree with DP - you don't look so good, and you don't smell so good either.

Fishbulb: Something seems unlikely with you, seeing as how the King had literally no power in the movie. In fact, I think the only reference to him "doing" something is that he fired Miracle Max, but that was outside the scope of the movie.

vote Werebear
seems to be the next option. The others will come out in the wash.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:36 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Well, like I said, I don't have any abilities. Just that in the text it mentioned that while people may easily dismiss me, I still hold a little power. I agree with you, it is not likely that it means anything, but the fact that it was added makes me wonder. But in any case, I have no abilities, no way of wielding any power as of yet. For agrument's sake, I am just a plain townie.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:09 am

Post by Norinel »

It looks like the current nonconfirmed list is short enough that just lynching/investigating everyone on it should get rid of the remaining scum quickly enough, especially if we find the ROUS early on. I personally don't find the townies to be all that confirmed if the only way they are is through miscellaneous details of the role name, and there's a small possibility that DP's been evil all along.

Fishbulb's role definitely sounds like it has a power that he just doesn't know about, like lynch immunity or something.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:29 am

Post by massive »

Well, we can double-check the townies real quick with some simple math questions if you want (as I said, I think I know what the townie name is) ... just use the alphabetic number for val() (val(a)=1, val(b)=2, etc) ...

Sugar: What is the value of val(last letter) - val(second letter)?

Someone: What is the value of val(fourth letter) + val(fifth letter)?

mole: What is the value of val(first letter) * val(second to last letter)?

mikehart: What is the value of val(sixth letter) - val(third from last letter)?

*shrug* If they can answer those to each other's (and our) satisfaction, I'm content to let the whole bunch off.

As for DP: He comes out as investigator, pings two Mafia in a row, and then we have no night kills when he's the only logical protection choice? The Mafia gave up on two night kills if they did, which wouldn't be sound, and considering the Mafia would have to be DP and rite (since rite got him as "innocent" on night one), I can't believe that would be something they would try. I guess we'll see who dies tonight. If you believe this is a possibility, it makes more sense to lynch rite who at least has already admitted to a scummy character.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to rite's night-one "investigation." Mole has said outright that he didn't get it; Dourgrim made reference to his other received "results" but not night one. Mathcam I assumed didn't get it (I figured he would have said something once he was confirmed townie) but he didn't say specifically. Cam?
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:20 pm

Post by mikehart »

V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:16 pm

Post by Werebear »

This is exactly why I use different emails for every player, townie or not. I'm sure it will work, but I doubt this is in the spirit of the game. *shrug*
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:33 pm

Post by massive »

Nah, I know, and I may not even know what it is, given that mikehart's answer is WAY off.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:31 pm

Post by Norinel »

Meme's expressed the opinion that if the mod lets you do this sort of thing, then it's fine. I don't agree with her, but this is an old argument.

I was just trying to cover all the bases, and pointing out that we weren't absolutely certain about anything. I think it very likely that some sort of evil was given the townie role name as a safe claim, much like the SK got a safe motive in Quantum Mafia.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:05 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Just an observation: is it just me, or is the idea of a list of confirmed innocents (such as the one massive put together a few posts above) a bit unbelievable this early in the game? I mean, I know that we have a bunch of "evidence" supposedly "proving" the innocence of many of those people, but I'm wondering if maybe a couple of those are baddies trying to hide amongst the rest via bogus roleclaims and othersuch.

Matter of fact, it strikes me as odd that mikehart screwed up his "test" of role name. If massive is correct and everyone does indeed have the same role name, why did mikehart fail the test massive put in front of him and yet not receive an instant vote from massive for it? And if we're agreed that it's possible that not everyone got the exact same PM for a given role, then we actually have a bunch of people who are
not
confirmed innocents. Something's not right here...

FoS: mikehart
and
smaller FoS: massive
until I have a chance to further ponder this.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:16 am

Post by mole »

Okay, I get
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:59 am

Post by MeMe »

I'm not going to impose a deadline as talk has been steady...but it'd sure be nice if we could head into night before Monday so that the replacement for DP (if he's still alive) could take over during a night phase and have a couple of days to read the thread before being expected to say anything. Just something to keep in mind.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:47 am

Post by mathcam »

I totally agree, Dourgrim. There were several people who were confirmed innocents for other reasons, though. But it also seems unlikely that mikehart would have been so quick to give an answer had he just been making one up.

Massive, I got no investigations from anyone. This is an interesting question....

I guess I find Fishbulb's claim fairly bogus. I'm leaning toward a vote in that direction.

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:49 am

Post by Fishbulb »

If I'm scum, then both rite and Dourgrim are covering for me.

What about Werebear? He hasn't said anything, really.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:51 am

Post by mathcam »

That's a good point, though I still find the claim bogus. I guess I'll just leave it at that.

I guess I'll
Vote: Werebear
then, to get him talking.

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:53 am

Post by Fishbulb »

mathcam wrote:That's a good point, though I still find the claim bogus. I guess I'll just leave it at that.
Why? Are you the king?

Vote: Werebear
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:56 am

Post by mathcam »

What? Nooo....
you're
supposed to be the king, remember? If I were the king, I would have said "No, he's lying" and you (or possibly I) would be dead by now.
But in any case, I have no abilities, no way of wielding any power as of yet. For agrument's sake, I am just a plain townie.
I just suspect that you are not as unaware as you pretend. Possibly pro-town, for sure, just not telling us the whole truth.

Cam

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”