Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1469, Maxous wrote:
In post 1463, Not Chara wrote:Gamma: it's an old tell where when a replacement criticizes the play of who they replaced, they're scum. it's actually not all that alignment indicative, but the point is that town wouldn't really care about the play of who they replaced but scum would.
in practice, it depends on the player and not so much on their alignment. especially when Amished is a tell that is fairly well-known.
that's not really what it's supposed to be.
it's not "critcising" your predecessor (sometimes they just play like shit), it's calling your replacee SCUMMY
the original idea was how the f*ck would you see SCUM MOTIVATION in your 'town slot.'
it's useful when applied correctly...it just tends not to be a lot of the time.
this is a good correction.
when i said 'criticize', i did mean 'call them scum', but i could see how my wording lends itself to misunderstanding.
what do you think of House's vote there?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:44 am

Post by House »

In post 1466, Not Chara wrote:pedit: i don't know you at all, and don't pretend to. just jokes, friend.
still a bad reason to jump on that wagon.
That might mean something if I wasn't already scumreading Pepto, friend.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Not Chara »

i know you were. but your timing was rather bad.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Andrius »

Recent Chara posting has solidified a read.

If for some reason we cant lynch the pepto slot, can we consider giving Chara death? Im mobile now but will compile my words and thoughts in a bit.

Doesnt seem actually bothered that no one cares about their Magna vote. There's no effort in convincing anyone of the read, no real effort taken to make it a thing. Just a vote.

Then the Amished tell. Assumimg they're not an alt/hydra/whatever, it just reeks of hey its a Named Tell that Im dropping here. But Im not saying I think thinks its relevant, just wondering if anyone else sees this.

Like they dont want to make waves but want to look like youre posting content
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah NC has been feeling off for a while. Would totally be down for a NC lynch if that was what was happening.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Not Chara »

what is your point with the Amished tell? my point is it's a bad tell and i'm questioning House using
that
as the timing to finally place his vote on the pepto slot.

you keep saying that, 'don't want to make waves'. it was magna's response to my question about why zakk didn't vote him, too. he called zakk scum afraid to start pushing Magna lest he get pushed back.
i'm trying to engage, but the players i'm talking to don't happen to be around right now. and taking my demeanor to be anything other than how i always post is plain incorrect.

question for you, Andrius. . what do i have to do with Creature, exactly? why pick this comparison?

Magna is scum who i plain don't feel like casing right now. don't worry, i'll get to it. if i don't decide to change my mind to you, of course.
finally: explain why i want to look like i'm posting content. i'm under no scrutiny for lack of content. i have a lot of posts, but have not been accused of fluff. no one accept Magna has called me out on neglecting to respond to things, and no one even brought up that i wasn't voting for a period of time. (in my experience, this is pointed out a lot, so honestly i was kind of expecting it)
my place in this game is not one where i need to look like i'm forcing content. you aren't looking at motivations, just the surface. why is that, Andrius?

off-topic question: why on earth would i be a hydra? what would me being an alt or hydra even have to do with the Amished tell or my feelings about it?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1481, Not Chara wrote:Magna is scum who i plain don't feel like casing right now.
This is townposting.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Not Chara »

that's a bit arbitrary. why is it townposting?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:15 am

Post by House »

In post 1481, Not Chara wrote:i'm questioning House using that as the timing to finally place his vote on the pepto slot.
You mean placing my vote
back
on Pepto slot?

It wasn't my first time on the wagon. I left too sheep Blade, then hopped and haven't made it back until now.

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1483, Not Chara wrote:that's a bit arbitrary. why is it townposting?
Because I don't see scum posting it.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Not Chara »

sure, on page 26.
you had plenty of material for pepto. not things i agree with, but i can still see the thoughts there. but you choose the Amished tell as the timing to place your vote? it's so odd. like you were waiting for a good time instead of just pushing your scumread without regard for timing.

pedit: ...well, i got that from the initial statement. why wouldn't scum post that they were being lazy? it's certainly better than being lazy and saying nothing about it.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think Nahdia is thinking scum wouldn't admit to being lazy, while NC believes scum would do it to not get called out.
Am I right?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Not Chara »

not quite. just let me see what they say.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 am

Post by House »

In post 1486, Not Chara wrote:sure, on page 26.
you had plenty of material for pepto. not things i agree with, but i can still see the thoughts there. but you choose the Amished tell as the timing to place your vote? it's so odd. like you were waiting for a good time instead of just pushing your scumread without regard for timing.
Weak.

I don't play to please you.

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1486, Not Chara wrote:pedit: ...well, i got that from the initial statement. why wouldn't scum post that they were being lazy? it's certainly better than being lazy and saying nothing about it.
I think scum would probably just not post at all until they were ready to say something concrete on the matter. Especially considering you just had multiple people say they'd be down to lynch you. It's just rather... candid, I guess.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My opinion on the matter is that the candidness is towny, but not enough to be conftown.
<Embrace The Void>

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:35 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Yeah Not Chara's push on House here is pretty bad. Speaking of surface level analysis - the "Your timing is bad" is that in a nut-shell. It ignores that House had already called the slot scum and voted it previously. It ignores the fact that I prodded House to get back on the wagon literally this morning. It ignores all the flow of the actual game and that Narna is scum who has surrendered given the hole his predecessor dug for him.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Not Chara »

House: boo to you. explain why that happened instead of deflecting. the simplest of explanations would suffice. i keep disagreeing with your tell and you've nothing to say about it?
is Amished a good tell? defend it. or just tell me it's good and to sod off.
i've nothing to do with this.

better yet, tell me your read on me. i really can't tell what it is. :>

pedit: ok, thank you Nahdia.
Gamma: let me tell you something a friend of mine told me, newish player to newish player. we weren't playing mafia, but i think it applies. try not to let yourself be swayed by the opinions of others until you've had time to make up your own mind about it.

Magna: it doesn't ignore that, those points were brought up by House, but that isn't what i'm talking about. i'm talking about
that
tell in particular.
and, here's a hint: this isn't a push. this is what we call pressing for information. it's what some players do when trying to determine a player's motivation in what they've done, to better sort them.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@NC: that is my opinion; it's a bit of a middle ground.
<Embrace The Void>

Blade Dancer
Blade Dancer
Goon
Blade Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:51 am

Post by Blade Dancer »

In post 1412, Nahdia wrote:This being a bastard game I wanna try something.

VOTE: Skullduggery
Deflection.
Blade Dancer
Blade Dancer
Goon
Blade Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:52 am

Post by Blade Dancer »

In post 1412, Nahdia wrote:This being a bastard game I wanna try something.

VOTE: Skullduggery
In post 1413, Creature wrote:VOTE: Skullduggery
In post 1414, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Skullduggery
Thank me if something bad happens.
In post 1415, SnarkySnowman wrote:VOTE: skullduggery
Skullduggery can get 4 votes, but we cannot get 4 votes on scum all day. #frustration
Blade Dancer
Blade Dancer
Goon
Blade Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Blade Dancer »

In post 1416, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1255, zakk wrote:i'm not floating anything

i wasn't going over the people in my wagon saying "he's scum, he's scum, he's scum"

i was going over the votes on my waon saying "this is a bullshit vote, this is a bullshit vote, this is a bullshit vote"

so what point am i avoiding?

you're totally misrepping me.
Um look a complete and utter dodge. For those who doubt zakk isn’t scum just making up things on the fly let’s revisit the posts I was discussing.
In post 565, zakk wrote:I also want to address this post.
In post 105, SirCakez wrote:zakk is great at faking scumhunting as scum
I wouldn't townread him for that yet
I have played at least five or six games with SirCakez in the last year or so.
In every game where he is scum, he drums up the fact that I'm really good at scum, and that people shouldn't trust me.

Compare
:

Kuribo in Wonderland:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... hilit=zakk

Street Fighter Mafia:

Mass Effect Mafia:

Magical Girls Mafia:

Look at the way he constantly doubtcasts me, but ESPECIALLY as scum.

Note that I am town in all of these scenarios.
The only time I've been scum around SirCakez is when we were scum
together
, here:

Killer Instinct Mafia:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=66274

So throw that in the pot along with all the votes which have been influenced by SirCakez.

That's all.
So 565 is where zakk goes to great length to show a multiple meta examples of SirCakez as scum doubtcasting him. Read that post in full and then look at the next post in the chain that I was pointing out.
In post 932, zakk wrote:also for those of you voting sircakez saying that it was my reasoning that helped you get to that point, you're probably full of shit

because all my posts 565 and 569 really did was show that cakez has a habit of suspecting me, and that his suspicion should be taken with a grain of salt

i didn't create a case for him to be scum, i didn't even say i had a scum read on him. i just said what he has done before, and as which alignment

i don't have a scum read on him, and actually don't think i've considered him scummy more than a couple times this game

so park that wagon, turn it around, and start barking up another tree, comprende? thxxxxx
So in 932 he specifically says that 565 was not a “case” and he doesn’t scum read SirCakez, that the people who used 565 as reasoning to vote SirCakez are “probably full of shit” and SirCakez isn’t scummy.

I point this out and zakk tries to ignore it until I point out his ignoring it for everyone to see.

Now look at his response I quoted above … does that look like anything coming from a Town perspective to you?

Firstly he mis-identifies the issue completely – he’s trying to say I’m “misrepping” his intention. Yet what was the intention of 565 then? It certainly doesn’t reasonably appear to me that he’s saying “Sir Cakez suspicion should be taken with a grain of salt”. If so he could have just typed that and not gone to the trouble of linking multiple games. That post says “Sir Cakez always does this when he’s scum”. His subsequent backpedaling is zakk scum play – flip flop constantly on positions regarding players to establish a pattern of “that’s how I play” so he can’t be held accountable for suspicions. He did that in Adventure Mafia all the time … in fact in the Mafia PT I had to warn him off doing it with Titus later in the game as it was going to get him lynched.

And this isn’t the only example of him here – now suddenly Andrius “isn’t a good lynch” just for providing a wall post. Keep in mind he’s been calling Andrius scum for most of the limited day. Can scum wallpost? Certainly. And he makes absolutely zero comment about any of the content of Andy’s post … just that he shouldn’t be lynched today if he posts like that. Switching gears off an unpopular push but leaving plenty of wiggle room to later say “Oh, I still think he’s scum, blah blah blah”.

Zakk is pretty obvious at this point.
Zakk is wrong on Cakez but not scum. SirCakez has a way of sounding fake as town. Saying you don't want to lynch someone based off new posting is ok, particularly if no one joins you.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Creature »

Who's scum then?
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Just looking at the official VCs, Zakk, Gamma Emerald, Narna are not scum to Blade Dancer.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”