Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Not Chara »

House: i questioned Blade Dancer's scumread on McMenno, then told McMenno to put out some actual content.
where you got 'setting up a mislynch' from that is beyond me.
Blade Dancer's McMenno read is also a classic tunnel. not making me feel better about them but it's either a tunnel or an attempt at falsifying one.
also, Gamma is scum because of reasons.

gigabyte's replace out was town. i also understand why they didn't want to out the two roles they were wondering about but they may have really hinted too strongly.
Accountant: i disagree with your entire 'scumbutt' list.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:16 am

Post by Accountant »

Why are they town, Chara?

Who would you say is scum, if not them?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 am

Post by Not Chara »

i think i just explained why giga is town. their flavour speccing, while i don't agree with it, still makes sense to me and feels more like town who got a hold of something that concerned them over scum third party hunting.
zakk finally explained their play and i don't see scum motivation in what they're attempting to do here. you don't flail to survive a situation of your own making, you use it. i'm not 100% confident, but i can't see zakk as scum right now.
pepto is... ok, honestly, i don't care much about pepto either way at the moment. they're more like null. i didn't see what was so scum about the initial catchup or the reasoning for the continuing votes.
i see why McMenno is going there, i just don't feel good about it.

Gamma is scum. i'd go for that over others.
SirCakez is another player i have concerns about, i think i'd be more sure if he was run up, but the way he's pushed things has felt a bit fake. like, whenever i've engaged him his actions make logical sense, but i don't feel like he's trying to figure people out.
those are the only players i've put a lot of thought into. the rest turned up town, so i'm going to put my attention into other players.

if someone isn't looking very town to me, i'm suspicious. i'll put it like that.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:34 am

Post by Not Chara »

House: you like zakk's post. but take issue with the lack of a vote?
semantics, Gamma is more scum and they're already voted.
but I wouldn't expect scum to push something so shaky to rekindle the zakk wagon, so... it's a genuine concern of yours?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:57 am

Post by Accountant »

i think i just explained why giga is town. their flavour speccing, while i don't agree with it, still makes sense to me and feels more like town who got a hold of something that concerned them over scum third party hunting.
their flavor speccing is 100% NAI. I don't see why you'd think otherwise. all alignments have reasons to flavor spec, because all alignments want more information about how the different roles operate esp. in a bastard game.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:03 am

Post by Not Chara »

read the post. the flavour speccing itself isn't what i was townreading.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:11 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Back from V/LA and catching up. This thread is barely, if that, 48 hours old. If you have over 50 posts by the time I make this you are either scum looking to make this game unreadable or have no clue how bad spam posting is for Town.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 613, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
@Mod, please replace me out

Hey, I'm really sorry to do this but I really don't think this game is for me. Including this one, I'm currently /in for five different games and with the difficulty I'm having in real life I don't think I'm going to be able to keep up with all of them. Since I put the least investment in this one and I wasn't invited here, I'm going to start by dropping out of here. I planned on /outting pre-game but I thought I'd pull it together stick for the flavor. Turns out that was a bad idea, I'm just having a lot of difficulty getting a foothold on this game.

Just to drop off some final thoughts, nothing extraordinarily helpful since i never took notes for this game but:

I have no reason to state most of my townreads, most of my townreads have already found each other and are already working together. I don't get the scumreads of Not Chara though, I think it's pretty obviously town? It should be talked about more tbh. Accountant too because I'm seeing some of that sentiment around him too.

I don't really have any special scumreads to push. A lot of slots haven't posted yet, but I think Gamma is probably going to flip scum. The way he interacted with the Slysly wagon completely sheeping my reasoning and then jumped onto zakk is worth scrutiny.

Pepto feels like lynchbait to me and while he could possibly be scum, he might be better off lynched off of associations. He just feels strange and offbeat to me in a newbish way and I think people are overselling how scummy he actually is.

I still think that Slysly and Ank have scum/town parallel roles with really obvious flavor. If at some point the flavor talks about them absorbing souls or LOVE or stuff like that, one of them is probably flipping scum. I don't know if that fits into Skull's mod meta but I'm having difficulty seeing it any other way. I think NC knows what I'm getting at here so if my slot flips at any point and NC is still alive, I really think this is a necessary point of discussion. Slysly's cageyness about hammering vs. Ank's openness about claiming makes it clear to me which one is the town one, personally.

The way SlySly formulated his zakk "townlean" in thread was pretty awkward too and I think it's an associative tell. worth looking into after some flips.

If Blade Dancer is who I think they are and flips scum, the people they choose to push are like 100% town. I think this is their town game though.

But yeah, I'm really disappointed in myself for replacing out for my first time but I don't see myself being useful in this gamestate's future with the lack of effort I'll likely be putting in later if I were to stay. This was a pretty difficult decision to make, but it's better I do this now before replacements will struggle to catch up.

btw i haven't read the thread since like my last post so maybe the stuff i wrote in here isn't as relevant
Wtf
I had my own reasons
And then realized it could be bad town
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:37 am

Post by massive »

I'm going to write here "catching up" but I make no promises of actually reading all of this. Maybe I'll just sheep Magna for the day.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 618, zakk wrote:

Hey, I'm really sorry to do this but I really don't think this game is for me. Including this one, I'm currently /in for five different games and with the difficulty I'm having in real life I don't think I'm going to be able to keep up with all of them. Since I put the least investment in this one and I wasn't invited here, I'm going to start by dropping out of here. I planned on /outting pre-game but I thought I'd pull it together stick for the flavor. Turns out that was a bad idea, I'm just having a lot of difficulty getting a foothold on this game.

Just to drop off some final thoughts, nothing extraordinarily helpful since i never took notes for this game but:

I have no reason to state most of my townreads, most of my townreads have already found each other and are already working together. I don't get the scumreads of Not Chara though, I think it's pretty obviously town? It should be talked about more tbh. Accountant too because I'm seeing some of that sentiment around him too.

I don't really have any special scumreads to push. A lot of slots haven't posted yet, but I think Gamma is probably going to flip scum. The way he interacted with the Slysly wagon completely sheeping my reasoning and then jumped onto zakk is worth scrutiny.

Pepto feels like lynchbait to me and while he could possibly be scum, he might be better off lynched off of associations. He just feels strange and offbeat to me in a newbish way and I think people are overselling how scummy he actually is.

I still think that Slysly and Ank have scum/town parallel roles with really obvious flavor. If at some point the flavor talks about them absorbing souls or LOVE or stuff like that, one of them is probably flipping scum. I don't know if that fits into Skull's mod meta but I'm having difficulty seeing it any other way. I think NC knows what I'm getting at here so if my slot flips at any point and NC is still alive, I really think this is a necessary point of discussion. Slysly's cageyness about hammering vs. Ank's openness about claiming makes it clear to me which one is the town one, personally.

The way SlySly formulated his zakk "townlean" in thread was pretty awkward too and I think it's an associative tell. worth looking into after some flips.

If Blade Dancer is who I think they are and flips scum, the people they choose to push are like 100% town. I think this is their town game though.

But yeah, I'm really disappointed in myself for replacing out for my first time but I don't see myself being useful in this gamestate's future with the lack of effort I'll likely be putting in later if I were to stay. This was a pretty difficult decision to make, but it's better I do this now before replacements will struggle to catch up.

btw i haven't read the thread since like my last post so maybe the stuff i wrote in here isn't as relevant
actually i just read this post.

i'm sorry to see you go. it's probably for the best.

i like this post a lot. i'm sorry you feel this way.

i especially like this part:
it feels legit

worth changing my vote actually

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
AAAHAHA
So you only read it later?
Nice job strengthening my scumread on you
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:48 am

Immediately I want to vote Giga for the statement “I’ve never not rolled Town” which is such a butchering of how statistics work that I should vote there on principle. But Creature did make a valid point – Giga went well out of the way to question the justification on an RVS vote.
In post 15, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Creature, where you expecting me to vote House because of his misapplied logic, or was it just the fact I reacted to a single vote that pinged you?
Might be my role PM biasing me but I don't see what's strange about that interaction.
Never mind Giga immediately supplies all the reasoning for why my vote probably will not be moving today.

The whole of that post is bad and the bolded especially so. I’m sad SlySly showed up to make his patented super-scummy posts and distracted everyone from the awkwardness and over-justification of Giga’s game entrances that is the hallmark of inexperienced scum.

VOTE: Giga

Giga flipping scum would put House immediately on the chopping block.

Also –
In post 46, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Neighborhoods, having friends to talk to via PMs, mixing up other large thread themes where people discuss someone's alt status...
This is so forced a response it isn’t even funny. Talking with friends about ongoing games (even those in frozen pre-game) is against site rules. So why would you talk about game strategy (is it a good idea to wagon an Alt Day 1?) with friends via PM and why even bring it up as a reason you knew there was an alt. The last reason isn’t a reason but a stretch to fill out a list.
In post 77, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:no, i just anticipate people trying to figure out who you are being a massive waste of time when it's obvious why alts are made

fastest way to do that is PL the alt
I understand it is only page 4 but why isn’t this lynched by page 15?

--
In post 95, Blade Dancer wrote:Scared of alts and RVS votes. Probably scum or noob.

His stance to policy lynch day 1 is also Antitown.

Sad scum had the first two posts of the game.
In post 113, Blade Dancer wrote:I agree. McMenno's scum with Giga, but no one's biting.

Let's help house sort Zakk.

VOTE: Zakk
So my question – you seem to have correctly identified Giga as scum. Why did you never vote her but say “Nobody’s biting”?

Page 4 down …

Aside from Giga and House not too much alignment indicative so far. I’ll have to go back to look at zakk’s entrance in Sir Cakez’s Large Normal to get a better handle on what I think of him …

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Back today- gonna read it all.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:10 am

Post by zakk »

In post 654, House wrote:I was really digging this post until I and noticed...
In post 636, zakk wrote:also, now that i'm reading into you, what the FUCK is up with all your 1. excuses, 2. promises to do more later, and 3. pointing out who else hasn't done enough?
In post 510, Andrius wrote:
I will have to reread zakk
before considering voting that way.
I have a sneaking suspicion about this game.
In post 511, Andrius wrote:
Need to see more from Shiro.
Miller claim this early is insufficient for a solid read.
massive hasn't posted yet either.
SnarkySnowman made an angry post that made me laugh, but hasn't posted reads/content yet (IIRC).
In post 512, Andrius wrote:I know what I can expect from you, so
I will be patient, but I would like some reads before I consider throwing swords.
In post 521, Andrius wrote:zakk and chara are in their own reads category.
He requires further reading.
Don't like how two of my scumreads are on the wagon but w/e.
In post 617, Andrius wrote:
I will read him in greater detail later
but the past few pages do nothing to help him.
In post 617, Andrius wrote:
Csnt parse this one out yet
and the longer it goes on the more difficult he will make it. Just take a step back and stop continuously posting.
We're still missing a good number of players.
In post 623, Andrius wrote:
Will wait for more absent posters to return.

you're not the owner of a bakery

you're the owner of an excuse factory
... no vote.

Sup?
Let him answer first maybe he's just busy

Plus I just switched from GBT to GE and I'm ok camping for a bit

Why do you think GE is town?

~reasons~ isn't something I will accept.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:14 am

Post by zakk »

In post 684, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 618, zakk wrote:

it feels legit

AAAHAHA
Yes I saw a lengthy replace out post as a preview edit and commented on it briefly

And then I read it and commented again

Whatsa matter? Are you salty that my vote landed on you instead?

And please explain your scum read of me, or any scum intent on my part for that matter.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:15 am

Post by zakk »

In post 651, House wrote:
In post 650, Accountant wrote:Why Pepto over zakk?
Why scum over town?

What's your win con again?
LOL thought you thought I was scum
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:16 am

Post by zakk »

In post 659, Ankamius wrote:Accountant's attack is significantly worse, though. I'd be voting that slot now if it wasn't a waste of time.
It's never a waste of time to vote scum is it?
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:19 am

Post by zakk »

In post 659, Ankamius wrote:Accountant's attack is significantly worse, though. I'd be voting that slot now if it wasn't a waste of time.
In post 670, Accountant wrote:I'm not comfortable with the 3 unexplained scumreads on me. Feels like the counter wagon zakk was talking about.

@Ankamius
@House
@Maxous
Ur approaching dangerous levels of scummy for me too

Soz bro

They may be unexplained but they can't all be wrong can they?
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:21 am

Post by zakk »

In post 675, Not Chara wrote:House: i questioned Blade Dancer's scumread on McMenno, then told McMenno to put out some actual content.
where you got 'setting up a mislynch' from that is beyond me.
Blade Dancer's McMenno read is also a classic tunnel. not making me feel better about them but it's either a tunnel or an attempt at falsifying one.
also, Gamma is scum because of reasons.

gigabyte's replace out was town. i also understand why they didn't want to out the two roles they were wondering about but they may have really hinted too strongly.
Accountant: i disagree with your entire 'scumbutt' list.
Oh boy so Gamma is scum for reasons and town for reasons as well.

what are these mysterious reasons everyone?

Surely you can do us all a favor and share your ~reasonsssss~
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:23 am

Post by zakk »

In post 678, Not Chara wrote:House: you like zakk's post. but take issue with the lack of a vote?
semantics, Gamma is more scum and they're already voted.
but I wouldn't expect scum to push something so shaky to rekindle the zakk wagon, so... it's a genuine concern of yours?
I like this post
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:24 am

Post by zakk »

In post 681, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Back from V/LA and catching up. This thread is barely, if that, 48 hours old. If you have over 50 posts by the time I make this you are either scum looking to make this game unreadable or have no clue how bad spam posting is for Town.
Is it really spam posting if people are writing back? Magma do please try not to be an old codger. Thanks in advance.

But yes I generally agree that in most games I have played one of the top two or three posters is usually scum.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:27 am

Post by zakk »

Also yeah please do catch up on adventure mafia so that you can figure out how you feel about me in this game

Heck even if you scum read me here that will probably be pretty damn useful

It's good to see you. I really really really hope you're town magna
permanently retired

see here for more info
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:34 am

Also – any discussion on flavor and how it affects alignment is a crap sandwhich and anyone focusing on it deserves bullets or rope ASAP. First this is a Bastard game and second I wager that I could give all the self-proclaimed experts each 15 chances to just guess my flavor character and everyone would fail.

Preliminarily zakk’s content from the first 4 pages looks more like Town actually trying to get reads than scum compared to Adventure Mafia but that is a very, very soft assessment. But his soft bomb / vengeful claim at is scummy as hell. Town don’t soft that claim.

Moving to page 5 ..

Shiro gets an early “Will not press” pass for his first post Miller claim. Doesn’t make him Town but is absolutely the Pro-Town approach.

On the other hand Ank get demerits for his “Ooops, forgot this earlier” which on the heels of Shiro’s Pro-Town play. If I had to hang one of the two I’d absolutely hang Ank first. Also because he RVS voted Andy and that’s not cool given how long Andy has been away …

--
In post 129, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:House, why is it scummy to forget things in such a large theme? I'm pretty scatterbrained and town myself, so I mean...

also sly ank has to have the hammer now i guess so i'm going to force you to vote for your scumreads, kthnx
And as a reminder of the inherent scumminess of this slot …

There isn’t even an inkling of question in mind that Ank might not be Town. Immediate acceptance of that Ank should have the hammer. Not a trace of questioning of alignment to be seen. Because Giga knows that Ank isn’t scum faking.

And House sees it too at . I may have to revise my early House-Giga partner read.

Giga’s answer to Blade at indicates a lack of actual scum-hunting.
In post 187, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:where are you getting scared from? I know House and I think he has the logical ability to give an RVS vote that is correct.
Oh my god, seriously? Why is Giga still alive? A “correct” RVS vote? WTF has no-one ground this into the ground?

--

Oh Pepto can also be a viable lynch candidate for today is people don’t want Giga noosed.. also reeks of awkwardness.

1. No vote on Sly when doing a manual tally on page 6 is trivial.
2. Excuse for not voting his scum suspect – he doesn’t want them at L-1. Whut? You want your scum suspects at L-0. The carefulness of voting betrays that he might well be scum who knows Sly isn’t his partner and a lol lynch might backlash on him.
3. Town-reading a scummy slot solely because it was a “scum target” in a bastard game.
4. Attacks Creature for being Non-Committal yet that is the theme of 134. Null on everyone not Sly or Giga and doesn’t even want to vote the claimed scum read. Cognitive Dissonance.
5. Fake outrage at Ank’s claim given that this is, again, a bastard game.

Don’t like Pepto’s response at that says “I’m bad at Day 1.” At all.

--

Page 8 down …

Pepto and Giga forged some links during this period. And I think I’m going to give Not Chara a Town read for the posts I read this block of reading.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 691, zakk wrote:
In post 670, Accountant wrote:I'm not comfortable with the 3 unexplained scumreads on me. Feels like the counter wagon zakk was talking about.

@Ankamius
@House
@Maxous
Ur approaching dangerous levels of scummy for me too

Soz bro

They may be unexplained but they can't all be wrong can they?
Yes they can. Two or three people have already given reads that are so bad I can't scumread them for it because it's clearly a result of muddled thinking rather than alignment. I'm pretty sure a lot of the people here are outright bad at mafia

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Accountant »

From now on I'm only posting once a day maximum

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 688, zakk wrote:
In post 684, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 618, zakk wrote:

it feels legit

AAAHAHA
Yes I saw a lengthy replace out post as a preview edit and commented on it briefly

And then I read it and commented again

Whatsa matter? Are you salty that my vote landed on you instead?

And please explain your scum read of me, or any scum intent on my part for that matter.
I'll put that in an explanation of who I'm willing to vote for.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”