'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Hey BM. Quick tip, there, sports-star -- when you're defensive about your feminine side, it just makes you seem more girly.
if i was 'defensive about my feminine side', i highly doubt i would change my gender icon to female for about a fortnight. :roll:

GG jibemaster. :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:28 am

Post by cicero »

Battle Mage wrote:lol i love that you think i could pull off fake-claiming mason as scum without getting a buddy to claim.
So the idea, then, is that we should believe you are a mason because there is no corroberation?

I reccommend that you wait at least 24 hours before lynching me anyway, just in case my partner wants to save my neck.
I just did that.
As it goes, if i'm going to be lynched anyway, i dont see the point in my partner coming forward, only to get NKed tonight. :x
- No one has been NKed at all.

- There are lots of probable townies for the cult to choose from. For all we know the cult may want to avoid power roles (in case they are the only ones who get a choice about being culted, which would also explain their being no N1 kill)

- You are continuing to ignore the need to root out the cult recruiter(s) as quickly as possible. Confirming your mason partner narrows investigation choices without outing a doctor. So yes. There is a quite large and pointy "point" to all of this, as I see it.
its totally his call. But ffs dont just quicklynch me. :roll:
What's so quick about this? We've been talking about this for days. Your partner and you have had ample time and I'm still in no rush. 24 hours, 48 hours, sure. 72. ok.

For the record, the people who could be your partner have all chimed in or at least been on the site a few times since yesterday. I've been checking.

Again though, I'd much prefer to just get the corroberation and move on.

But none of your arguments are making sense to me at the moment.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cicero wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:lol i love that you think i could pull off fake-claiming mason as scum without getting a buddy to claim.
So the idea, then, is that we should believe you are a mason because there is no corroberation?

I reccommend that you wait at least 24 hours before lynching me anyway, just in case my partner wants to save my neck.
I just did that.
As it goes, if i'm going to be lynched anyway, i dont see the point in my partner coming forward, only to get NKed tonight. :x
- No one has been NKed at all.

- There are lots of probable townies for the cult to choose from. For all we know the cult may want to avoid power roles (in case they are the only ones who get a choice about being culted, which would also explain their being no N1 kill)

- You are continuing to ignore the need to root out the cult recruiter(s) as quickly as possible. Confirming your mason partner narrows investigation choices without outing a doctor. So yes. There is a quite large and pointy "point" to all of this, as I see it.
its totally his call. But ffs dont just quicklynch me. :roll:
What's so quick about this? We've been talking about this for days. Your partner and you have had ample time and I'm still in no rush. 24 hours, 48 hours, sure. 72. ok.

For the record, the people who could be your partner have all chimed in or at least been on the site a few times since yesterday. I've been checking.

Again though, I'd much prefer to just get the corroberation and move on.

But none of your arguments are making sense to me at the moment.
which begs the question, why has my partner not claimed?
If it is so obviously logical, and clearly the best thing to do in this position, why has he not done so already?
Also, just a thought-can masons be recruited into a cult, making their affiliation dubious?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Dasquian »

One possible answer: you are lying and said partner does not exist.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Dasquian wrote:One possible answer: you are lying and said partner does not exist.
lol ofc-why didn't i realise this before? :roll:

Be serious dude. If you really wanted to find out my partner, you could just look through my posts. But apparently you're all too lazy to do that amirite? :x
Show

Nightkilled - 10

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:40 am

Post by cicero »

I would expect they could be. Yes.

Don't beg the question. Answer it. Why has your partner not claimed?

Many are of the opinion that you made your partner up. I have trouble seeing why you would do that.

At this point it appears your partner has decided you are an ok sacrifice. Among scum, I believe that is called "bussing".

As a townie, the reasons for your mason partner coming forward outweigh not coming forward. Although I will predict this:

If you are indeed a mason, your partner is someone who thinks they are a clean=up pitcher. Someone who is soooooo smart that we need them later and is happy to kill you to stay hidden. Someone who stays quiet until endgame when they swoop in to save the day. Someone who lives for the endgame.

It's not hard to figure out who that might be, exactly.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

lol i think i know what you are hinting at, and had you paid ANY attention to the game, you would know that it is BS. I'm not discussing this any more. I assume if my partner doesnt claim, then that is what is best. The balls totally in his court now, but as we arent deadlined, the least you can do is give her the chance to claim she wants to.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:48 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

What makes you think we haven't given your partner this chance?
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:50 am

Post by Dasquian »

Battle Mage wrote:
Dasquian wrote:Be serious dude. If you really wanted to find out my partner, you could just look through my posts. But apparently you're all too lazy to do that amirite? :x
Yes, we could get a very good idea that way. We could go through, make a list of "likelihood of being BM's partner", and make a best guess. We'd quite probably get it right, too.

But that's not worth anything, because if you
are
partnerless scum, we'd arrive at a useless answer. It's like when you want someone to claim, and they refuse, and the town runs around terrified of the worst-case scenario it can think of, and decides not to press the bandwagon in case that worst-case scenario (usually involving being the doctor) is true.

So yes, as cicero intimates, maybe your partner is Pooky. Hell, it probably is. We could work on that assumption, but if we do and we're wrong, more fool us, eh? So, no. No assumptions from me. You and your partner are either refusing to claim, or you do it explicitly and unequivocably.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Dasquian »

Heh, and a simul-post with Pooky helps prove my own point about assumptions ;p
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:52 am

Post by cicero »

Battle Mage wrote:lol i think i know what you are hinting at, and had you paid ANY attention to the game, you would know that it is BS. I'm not discussing this any more. I assume if my partner doesnt claim, then that is what is best. The balls totally in his court now, but as we arent deadlined, the least you can do is give her the chance to claim she wants to.
I paid close attention to the game. You may or may not know. There's more than one possibility. It's an FBI profile. And I could be wrong. But it's a pretty narrow field already.

More importantly, if you really care about this game and the town, you should quit "lol-ing" everything and ignoring the points being made. Which you have now repeatedly done.

I'm totally happy to wait. I wasn't exactly in a rush to get on your wagon. But I'm already voting you. Timeline isn't in my hands.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Dasquian wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Dasquian wrote:Be serious dude. If you really wanted to find out my partner, you could just look through my posts. But apparently you're all too lazy to do that amirite? :x
Yes, we could get a very good idea that way. We could go through, make a list of "likelihood of being BM's partner", and make a best guess. We'd quite probably get it right, too.

But that's not worth anything, because if you
are
partnerless scum, we'd arrive at a useless answer. It's like when you want someone to claim, and they refuse, and the town runs around terrified of the worst-case scenario it can think of, and decides not to press the bandwagon in case that worst-case scenario (usually involving being the doctor) is true.

So yes, as cicero intimates, maybe your partner is Pooky. Hell, it probably is. We could work on that assumption, but if we do and we're wrong, more fool us, eh? So, no. No assumptions from me. You and your partner are either refusing to claim, or you do it explicitly and unequivocably.
lol why the hell dont you just get everyone to come forward and say 'Yes i am BM's partner' or 'No i am not BM's partner', until you eventually get the right answer? :roll:
And i dont think Cicero was referring to Pooky.

@Cicero- lol. I actually dont know what else to say. So, just: lol.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:03 am

Post by cicero »

I was referring quite directly to Pooky. Anix is claimed Michael, who could also be your partner. But yes. If you are a mason, your partner is probably Pooky.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:05 am

Post by cicero »

Haha. and there's Pooky to deny THAT possibility. If he's your partner consider yourself bussed whether you are mason
or
scum. But I'd take that post as his denial of the proposition.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:05 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cicero wrote:I was referring quite directly to Pooky. Anix is claimed Michael, who could also be your partner. But yes. If you are a mason, your partner is probably Pooky.
ok. i thought you meant MoS lol. I've never seen Pooky save the day at endgame, but ah well.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:28 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Twelfth Vote Count of Day Three:

Battle Mage - 7 (Mastermind of Sin, Ectomancer, Dasquian, Crub, -TinVision-, Sir.Laggalot, cicero)

cicero - 3 (Yosarian2, Arafax, Sudo_Nym)
Yosarian2 - 2 (Setael, Peers)
Mastermind of Sin - 1 (Battle Mage)

Not Voting - 4 (HackerHuck, PookyTheMagicalBear, AniX, Mariyta)

With seventeen alive, it will take nine votes to lynch.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Mariyta »

The more BM talks, the less I believe him, and I'm comfortable with putting him at L-1 now.
Vote: BM

@BM's partner: If you exist, please claim. Not claiming only hurts the town at this point, as we end up lynching yet another townie.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mariyta wrote:The more BM talks, the less I believe him, and I'm comfortable with putting him at L-1 now.
Vote: BM

@BM's partner: If you exist, please claim. Not claiming only hurts the town at this point, as we end up lynching yet another townie.
lol the hypocrisy here is potent. You request that my partner claim, and yet your actions may lead to him/her not being able to do so.
If i get quickhammered, i predict that this town is totally screwed. :shock:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Dasquian »

Unvote: BM
. I'm prepared to give him that "24 hours", even though we've already had plenty of time. The pressure is very clearly here if the partner was holding back to the last minute.

The vote will be going back tomorrow if nothing changes.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

awesome.
Mod: Mass Prods would be nice
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Battle Mage wrote:Mod: Mass Prods would be nice
I'm keeping up with prods, I just don't announce them in-thread unless specifically requested on an individual player.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Mod: Mass Prods would be nice
I'm keeping up with prods, I just don't announce them in-thread unless specifically requested on an individual player.
oh dont worry, i'm not criticising you. I'd just like to make sure that every player views the thread within 24 hours, if you get my meaning. ;)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Setael »

Here's an idea. How about everyone who is NOT BM's buddy say so. If we get that from everyone who could be his partner, we know he was lying and is scum.

I'm not BM's mason buddy.

Also, I'd like to hear from BM what he thinks the town gains by keeping his buddy's identity secret. If it really is important for some reason that we can't see (other than "to avoid outing another power role" which isn't good enough at this point) then at least tell us what that reason is. I think you could tell us without revealing their identity and if it makes sense we'd back off. What's making you look scummy is the fact that you haven't done this yet. And the fact that you appear to have no mason buddy.

I don't think I'm voting BM but just in case
unvote
. We don't want to be lynching him right now people. We just need to confirm his claim.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Mariyta »

I'm NOT BM's buddy... but I guess that was kinda obvious. :P
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:54 am

Post by Peers »

I am not BM's buddy.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”