Newbie 1742 Earth - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:25 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 149, Icy wrote:Subconsciously: acting or existing without one's awareness

If I were scum I would know you were town, my subconscious wouldn't be fighting me.

Stop dodging questions. This isn't the presidential debate.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Icy »

I'm growing very tired of you trying to discredit me by saying I'm Lazy, I'm a liar, and I refuse to answer questions. Your comment about my mafia ability is also skewed, while it is true I did play my first game back in March this is only my second game.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:49 am

Post by Accountant »

If you're not dodging, then why did you not respond to #146? Have you realized that you can't defend yourself against the righteous accusations leveled against you?

Out of
all
the shit I said on page 6, you chose to fixate on "subconscious"? Tell me again how that's not lazy scum declining to defend themselves, please.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:15 am

Post by Icy »

In post 138, Accountant wrote:
In post 134, Icy wrote:
In post 131, Accountant wrote:
Accountants reason could have been used on anyone voting Penguin. After day one both seemed scummy to me.
Why the Jimminy Cricket does that make me scum or the reasoning invalid??? This is not the first time you have dodged a question or failed to answer questions posed to you. You think they'll go away if you ignore them??

Face the music, Icy. You've been caught. Put your hands against the wall, do not move and do not resist arrest. You have the right ti remain silent as we lynch you.
Did I say the reason was invalid, or weak, lame and sorry? The reason made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and my gut hurt. That along with your day one play made you my vote.
Oh, so
now
the story is "my read was gut all along! :D"

No. This is scum who has realized they talked themselves into a corner and are trying to spin it as a gut read, which conveniently can't be explained(because it's GUT!!!!).

And it is indeed a pure gut read because I've already debunked his nonsense about me intentionally not L-1ing(I
notice he didn't take me up on my offer to post games where I L-1ed accidentally as town
, like actual town trying to discern my alignment would) and his other nonsense about me trying to control the night kill by townreading people.
No I'm not going to go back and look at your other games. I don't believe things done in other games have much to do with this game. I'm just going to point to post 26 again. This is not a game post, it's a IC post. In the "spirit of the game" as a sum what newer player should I know that some of that post falls under the "do as I say, not as I do" blanket of teaching?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Accountant »

gonna repeat this for the billionth time

i believe in calling out l-1s

I believe in calling out L-1s

I BELIEVE IN CALLING OUT L-1S

IT'S JUST THAT I MISSED THAT PARTICULAR L-1 BECAUSE I'M NOT AN INHUMANLY PERFECT VOTE CALCULATOR

literally trying to jump on a human mistake and say it's due to me being scum

blow this nonsense away plz

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:39 am

Post by Icy »

In post 146, Accountant wrote:
I don't know why anyone would announce it.
So why the hell would you write this as your reason for scumreading me? To scumread someone, you find something they do, explain why scum would do this and link the two to conclude theg are scum. You're completely missing the second step, and someone who's been here since March would know better.

If you can't explain why scum would do something, there's no valid reason to scumread someone for doing that thing.

There was already some pressure on Penguin and Accountants reason for vote (valid or not) bothered me. Rather than put more pressure on Penguin and let Accountant slide. I decided to apply some pressure to Accountant by voting him.

Had Accountant not voted Huntress I would have voted Penguin.
You're so full of shit, Icy. Real town want to wagon and kill their scumreads. They want to pile votes on top of them and shove them into the noose, like I'm doing to you right now. Someone who had the mindset of wanting to kill Penguin but not wanting to let me slide would have voted Penguin and then verbally put pressure on me by calling me out and shit.

This is terrible logic. Die! Die! Die!
I'm not sure why I need to explain in micro everything I post only for you to call me out on my feelings/reads. Yes I agree my logic is not Mafia 101. This thread almost goes dead when I log off, and when I'm on it's a "dog pile on ICY"

So because I'm not a quitter, I'll answer your question. Mafia would gain favor with the town by being right. Some might think because your read was proven right on Vampirate, it's also likely to be right on others.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:41 am

Post by Accountant »

Mafia would gain favor with the town by being right. Some might think because your read was proven right on Vampirate, it's also likely to be right on others.
So am I scum for controlling the night kill by townreading Vampirate or am I scum for trying to get towncred by townreading Vampirate?

What makes you think it's scum!Accountant trying to get towncred as opposed to town!Accountant stating his actual reads?

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:55 am

Post by Icy »

Maybe you did, maybe you didn't I'm unsure.

Just so I have this straight, it's Ok that your NOT AN INHUMANLY PERFECT VOTE CALCULATOR, but it's not OK for me to be a inhumanly perfect mafia player?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:01 am

Post by Accountant »

That's a straight up misrep of my vote case. It's not okay that you're intentionally lying to town about your voting reasons and being inconsistent about your voting. Like, it makes no sense that you as town would not vote Penguin, and the reason you gave when asked to explain that was weaselly and god awful.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:02 am

Post by Accountant »

Maybe you did, maybe you didn't I'm unsure.

So unsure that you voted me and said I was scum.

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Icy »

In post 156, Accountant wrote:
Mafia would gain favor with the town by being right. Some might think because your read was proven right on Vampirate, it's also likely to be right on others.
So am I scum for controlling the night kill by townreading Vampirate or am I scum for trying to get towncred by townreading Vampirate?

What makes you think it's scum!Accountant trying to get towncred as opposed to town!Accountant stating his actual reads?
As Scum you get town credit by calling it out then night killing her. I see no reason for town Accountant to share his reads.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Accountant »

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p8372017]
I see no reason for town Accountant to share his reads.[/quote]
There's a ton of reason for me to share my reads. Letting people know what my stances are so they can hold me accountable and I won't be able to make up stuff without contradicting myself, catching scum by PoE, forming townblocs, protecting townreads from the noose by getting others to townread them too.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Accountant »

Noone existing on this site has ever went "whew! This person townread someone and the guy died and flipped town! I guess I will trust them!"

At this point you're literally stretching logic as far as you can to try to make up stuff and justify the things you say that people call you out on

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:32 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 160, Icy wrote:As Scum you get town credit by calling it out then night killing her. I see no reason for town Accountant to share his reads.
So, if no one shares their reads, how are we supposed to find scum? Should we all just blindly guess? Should I just derphammer again?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Accountant »

Hey PP why'd you keep parroting the stuff I say right after I say it?

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Icy »

In post 158, Accountant wrote:That's a straight up misrep of my vote case. It's not okay that you're intentionally lying to town about your voting reasons and being inconsistent about your voting. Like, it makes no sense that you as town would not vote Penguin, and the reason you gave when asked to explain that was weaselly and god awful.
It's not if your vote case is wrong. When I am lynched and turn town, do you just get to sit back and say it's not my fault, he lynched himself with his posting inconsistency.

I'm willing to admit Ive been inconstant, but I've also been under constant pressure. I assure you I'm playing to the best of my ability. I'm also not above admitting I may be wrong about you. No one in this game has made a case on anyone but me.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 164, Accountant wrote:Hey PP why'd you keep parroting the stuff I say right after I say it?
Not my fault that Icy is the only person posting crappy stuff that needs to be called out, and I'm not going to delete a post I was typing just because you were quicker.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Accountant »

UNVOTE:

No. I have a bad feeling about this. We aren't lynching until I have more from scarlet and Huntress. The jump onto Icy feels fishy.

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:46 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 165, Icy wrote:No one in this game has made a case on anyone but me.
I actually still think there's a case on Huntress, though she's been quiet compared to you.

VOTE: Huntress
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Accountant »

BlackVoid
hinanawiscarlet
Icy
Shadowlancerx
Huntress (SE)
PenguinPower (SE)
Accountant (IC)
I know I'm town.

Newbie 1739 just ended, so I want everyone to go look at it. That's a game where Penguin is scum. I don't think he's scum here.

Shadowlancer isn't scum. Newbscum doesnt L-1 themselves early on the game.

BlackVoid is probably town. Wouldn't bet my soul on it, but scum BlackVoid could easily have killed Icy.

Icy is pretty obvious newbtown if I take off my tunnel glasses. Scum has no reason to vote me when they could mindlessly sheep onto PP.

scarlet and Huntress are scum by PoE. One is an inactive and the other was trying to kill PP instantly Day 2. The jump from PP to Icy seals the deal.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 168, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 165, Icy wrote:No one in this game has made a case on anyone but me.
I actually still think there's a case on Huntress, though she's been quiet compared to you.

This vote confirms PP as town.

Icy, come and join us. The scumwagon on you is over. It's time to lynch actual scum now.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Accountant »

When someone derphammers town, scum's first instinct is to kick back and let town rip itself apart. Especially with the wagon on Icy. The only place I could be wrong is BlackVoid, but we have one mislynch so if we just lynch Huntress and Scarlet we're confirmed a win.

hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:42 am

Post by hinanawiscarlet »

In post 141, BlackVoid wrote:Hinanawi's posts and looked like they were just sheeping general concensus on Icy. If they were partners, I'd expect either a stronger push for towncred upon bussing, or an attempt to drive a counterwagon to save Icy. Instead, we have the lazy "yeah, I agree with everyone about Icy."
I just don't have enough experience to If that makes you think I'm scum, go ahead.

As for Penguin's alignment, I think it's he's town. If we're to assume that PP is scum, and hammers Blix on purpose, the chance of him knowing that Accountant will get to his defense, citing him as a conservative defense would be low. As such, the gambit he tried to pull on D1 is risky, it's better to not pull it at all.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:47 am

Post by hinanawiscarlet »

*dont have enough experience to make decisions on my own.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 171, Accountant wrote:When someone derphammers town, scum's first instinct is to kick back and let town rip itself apart. Especially with the wagon on Icy. The only place I could be wrong is BlackVoid, but we have one mislynch so if we just lynch Huntress and Scarlet we're confirmed a win.
The lurking has been really bothering me, but walk me through why huntress and scarlet wouldn't have added their votes to Icy when they could have? I'm guessing that a lynch on someone who turns town (if Icy is actually town, I don't have a clear read either way anymore) is better when the Mafia don't have to actually throw their votes on it, but would they risk that? I guess I'm just not completely clear here.
UNVOTE: until I've got a clearer picture of what's going on.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”