gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 2251, Shadow_step wrote:Okay let's just consider this for a second.
IF nero shot me and I was protected by scum doc, it means I am scum.

Consider this
In post 1, chilledtea wrote:6) A mafia member can only carry out his faction kill, or his individual ability, but not both.
If the scum doc protected me N1, he would protect me N2 as well.
Which means I did the kill, but only I didn't! I investigated Kraska.
^this is why i'm hesitating, Elyse

he could have fakeclaimed vanilla cop, but what's with the Kraska investigation? A lucky guess??
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:14 pm

Post by kraska77 »

X_X
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:42 pm

ok wait

if shadow is town, then town has 3 clears, right? As in Nero, Elyse, and Kraska, because it's unlikely that the scumteam composition is Goon/Goon/Roleblocker, and scum vigs are bastard (Nero is unlikely a serial killer because of his choice in kills). If Shadow is town, it's probably Goon/1-Shot RB (maybe more? rb is pretty powerful so idk)/Doctor, which means that Elyse and Kraska are both town.

I know for a fact I'm town, so we'll most likely come into MYLO with 3 clears fmpov if shadow is a mislynch. That's not TOO bad, right?

Sorry I did not get the chance to talk about my Kraska or Michel reads. I will put that on my to-do list today.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:07 pm

^ And if that is true, then the scumteam is confirmed (at least from my pov) to be one of Michel/Karnos, Karnos/Thor, or Thor/Michel if Shadow is town. I don't see the downside of this.

So
Michel, Thor, and Karnos
: If shadow is town, which of the teams do you think it is? Replace your name with mine in the teams above for the possible combinations from your perspective. If you disagree with the clearing of Elyse and Kraska from a Shadow town flip, I'd like to know why. Ty~

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:12 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2302, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:ok wait

if shadow is town, then town has 3 clears, right? As in Nero, Elyse, and Kraska, because it's unlikely that the scumteam composition is Goon/Goon/Roleblocker, and scum vigs are bastard (Nero is unlikely a serial killer because of his choice in kills). If Shadow is town, it's probably Goon/1-Shot RB (maybe more? rb is pretty powerful so idk)/Doctor, which means that Elyse and Kraska are both town.

I know for a fact I'm town, so we'll most likely come into MYLO with 3 clears fmpov if shadow is a mislynch. That's not TOO bad, right?

Sorry I did not get the chance to talk about my Kraska or Michel reads. I will put that on my to-do list today.
Why do you want to take these risks when we can lynch scum today?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:43 am

Post by kraska77 »

In my heart of hearts I still feel shadow is town
But neros claim makes me waffle
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:56 am

In post 2304, Shadow_step wrote:Why do you want to take these risks when we can lynch scum today?
Your pool is {Me, Karnos, Michel, Thor}. Who is scum??

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:44 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Why are you putting yourself in my pool?
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:03 am

In post 2307, Shadow_step wrote:Why are you putting yourself in my pool?
From your pov, everyone else is confirmed town.

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:06 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Yeah, but I've already said it's most likely karnos/thor, blitz being scum with you doesn't make a lot of sense. There is no way you are getting lynched before Karnos.
Show

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:25 am

In post 2309, Shadow_step wrote:Yeah, but I've already said it's most likely karnos/thor, blitz being scum with you doesn't make a lot of sense. There is no way you are getting lynched before Karnos.
lemme ask more directly then:

What do you think is Michel? Besides PoE town, of course.

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2310, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 2309, Shadow_step wrote:Yeah, but I've already said it's most likely karnos/thor, blitz being scum with you doesn't make a lot of sense. There is no way you are getting lynched before Karnos.
lemme ask more directly then:

What do you think is Michel? Besides PoE town, of course.
Not sure tbh, he seems detached and uninterested in the game. I'm used to people who play like this when they get VT.
Show

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:43 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2303, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:^ And if that is true, then the scumteam is confirmed (at least from my pov) to be one of Michel/Karnos, Karnos/Thor, or Thor/Michel if Shadow is town. I don't see the downside of this.

So
Michel, Thor, and Karnos
: If shadow is town, which of the teams do you think it is? Replace your name with mine in the teams above for the possible combinations from your perspective. If you disagree with the clearing of Elyse and Kraska from a Shadow town flip, I'd like to know why. Ty~
This doesn't make sense. Shadow is being scum read for a variety of reasons, but the nail in the coffin is the intended vig kill on day 1 that didn't go through.

If shadow flips town, then nero was obviously playing a scum gambit (SK possibly) and needs to be lynched.

But shadow probably won't flip town.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:45 am

Post by chilledtea »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT 3.06

Shadow_step (L-2) : karnos, MichelSableheart, Elyse.

karnos (L-3) : Shadow_step, kraska77.

Thor665 (L-4) : Nero Cain.

Not Voting (2) : Thor665, gigabyteTroubadour.

Day will end in (expired on 2016-10-01 18:30:00)
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:48 am

Post by karnos »

This shouldn't be hard. if you believe nero, lynch shadow. If nero is lying, then he gets lynched tomorrow.

The question just becomes who is shadow's partner, or in the fantasy-land world where nero is scum playing a gambit, who is nero's partner?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:50 am

Post by karnos »

I could see Thor being shadow's partner, seems like a more lurky Thor than usual, and he made some weird comments about keeping shadow alive that I find very scummy, because logically scum would just night kill shadow if we were keeping him alive to investigate people.

Nero, if you want to vig me tonight that is cool. My flip will add some weight to my reads, and I do not want there to be any chance of idiot town trying to lynch me tomorrow instead of the last scum.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:55 am

no??

that's not how anything works??

We don't know FOR SURE that the scumteam protected Shadow, Nero could have been roleblocked. So they can BOTH be town...

Also, nero isn't a serial killer because A: That's not balanced, and B: His Gerry kill comes from a vig, no questions asked.... Gerry was literally the next lynch, so why not kill someone who is scummy enough to be a vig shot but not next-in-line to be lynched? Doesn't make sense.

also karnos he's out of shots

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2315, karnos wrote:I could see Thor being shadow's partner, seems like a more lurky Thor than usual, and he made some weird comments about keeping shadow alive that I find very scummy, because logically scum would just night kill shadow if we were keeping him alive to investigate people.

Nero, if you want to vig me tonight that is cool. My flip will add some weight to my reads, and I do not want there to be any chance of idiot town trying to lynch me tomorrow instead of the last scum.
(distancing)
Show

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:12 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2316, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:no??

that's not how anything works??

We don't know FOR SURE that the scumteam protected Shadow, Nero could have been roleblocked. So they can BOTH be town...

Also, nero isn't a serial killer because A: That's not balanced, and B: His Gerry kill comes from a vig, no questions asked.... Gerry was literally the next lynch, so why not kill someone who is scummy enough to be a vig shot but not next-in-line to be lynched? Doesn't make sense.

also karnos he's out of shots

This is wrong on every level, really reinforces my scum read on you. Thor could be scum, but dammit how could town!giga get so many things wrong?

>We don't know FOR SURE that the scumteam protected Shadow, Nero could have been roleblocked. So they can BOTH be town...

You were arguing earlier that scum definitely has a doctor. So they have doctor and a roleblocker, and the roleblocker hit the jackpot on night 1, you think? If the scum won the lottery like that, just let them have the win. It's much more likely that shadow is just scum and it's a bit more likely that nero could be pulling a gambit.

>Also, nero isn't a serial killer because A: That's not balanced

You have no idea what is balanced or not. You don't know what roles the scum have, and you don't know what roles any of the players have. You have a few claims, but unless you have some magical power to see truth out of lies, you don't know what is real.

>B: His Gerry kill comes from a vig, no questions asked.... Gerry was literally the next lynch, so why not kill someone who is scummy enough to be a vig shot but not next-in-line to be lynched? Doesn't make sense.

Your logic doesn't make sense. A SK doesn't win with scum. SK needs to kill scummy players just the same as towny players. Gerry also allows for a vig claim gambit. I'm not saying this is likely, but if shadow is town, then yeah this is what it is probably.

>also karnos he's out of shots

Why does this BS keep getting repeated?

The wiki is clear in that it says there is no consistent rule on how that works. He might have shots because the kill was prevented.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:17 am

:facepalm:

i'd rather be dealing with gerry at this point

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:21 am

karnos

find me a mini normal with 3 scum and a serial killer

ty

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:21 am

3 mafia/group scum*

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:22 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2320, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:karnos

find me a mini normal with 3 scum and a serial killer

ty
So you know there are 3 scum in the game? Very interesting.

Why couldn't it be 2 scum and an SK?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:24 am

I thought all mini normals have 3 mafia?

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:26 am

Post by karnos »

Games run in the Normal Queue should satisfy the following rules:
All games must be reviewed for balance
The game should have at least one Mafia or Werewolf group (of at least two members). A second anti-town group can be given a separate Mafia family name, or can be a Werewolf group. There should be no more than two mafia/werewolf factions, and no more than one Serial Killer.

I see nothing that forbids it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”